[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hyall said:

The writer must be cursing us about now. Ten mins after 1 am was about the time Kevin came home right . I thought the CCTV said Hye Ran dropped off Eun Joo at 1 am then he comes at 10 past and Hye Ran's already home and Eun Joo is calling.They even had a fight. The time space is too short don't you think?

6 hours ago, justamom said:

Yes, I thought the same thing.  Could be  watch says 2:05  short hand long hand mix up?  Don't think so because everyone sad it looked like 1:10.    And earlier when she met EJ at the diner it  looked like 10 PM or possible flip of hand -11:50 to make more sense.

Possible reasons

• The CCTV timer is off
  • Hr's watch breaks when she kills or fights with Kevin, (extremely unlikely)
  • production staff goof (most  likely)
  • Or, Hr's watch is a little slow and she goes right home after seeing EJ.   She does not see Kevin again. She lost the pin in the bathroom when she was  consoling EJ -
  • `either EJ took it or another woman in the bathroom finds it.
    • Could be HJw  (who hangs around after her talk with EJ0
    • or Lee Yeon Jung (remember she does not go to work the next morning because of stomach problem.)

Another mystery.  If Hr really did meet up with Kevin again. Where was she when she called his cellphone if that was really her ?     Did she take the car to the shop after dropping EJ off?  When did she take the car for repairs?    The next morning she has to go to work very early to take over the morning news.  She didn't even know that Kevin died at that point (she really does look shocked). 

Yobuseyo? Hello?

so I briefly scanned through episode 7. Some thoughts cos I’m impatient :wink:

- we didn’t really progress much on the “what happened to Kevin” front. But we did discover what made Eun Joo mad: the discovery that Hye Ran was (or appeared) to be in a consensual, not forced relationship with Kevin. Basically, she’s jealous. So she wants to make Hye Ran jealous too.

- big advance in mysterious man (hottie)’s character arc. He’s back to protect Hye Ran, and reverse the injustice done to them in their youth 

- the detective is the same detective that was on the murder case where Myung Woo went to prison! But he doesn’t quite remember the full picture yet

my guess is the song is linked to the traumatic event in Hye Ran’s past, where some man of power was killed and Myung Woo took responsibility. My guess is Hye Ran was somehow culpable but Myung Woo said it was all on him. And Eun Joo somehow knows and is involved, and that’s what led to her and HR falling apart?

so, that’s a third guy who loves Hye Ran deeply. Lucky woman! And gosh Ji Jin Hee was so handsome today in the scene at the end where he just woke up/showered....

Just some random, unsubstantiated thoughts 

As I read through the posts I came across some interesting timelines, theories and suspects.  

Life is not black and white as we all know.  Yes, HR lied about her relationship with LJY.  Apparently EJ did not know that HR and LJY were lovers before she and LJY met, when HR met LJY again, in a space of a few minutes she found out that 1.  LJY was the Kevin Lee she was looking for; 2.  She found out that he was married to her best friend from high school.  EJ tells KL that this is the famous news anchor, I have been telling you that I knew in Korea. LJY says, yes, EJ talks about you.  Those statements tell HR that KL never told his wife that he knew her in the past.  That is where the lying about HR and LJY's history began.  It was also helped to solidify her anchor spot because they did not know she and KL had a history.  HR gets the interview and tries to act professional; however, KL keeps throwing curve balls. (Apparently he was still sore because she left him.)  Now they were both stuck in the lie, they just met and did not know each other before.  HR also could not tell the detective that they were old friends or lovers, EJ would be hurt, and we know that TW did not know.  Although telling the truth is always best...keeping quiet in many cases (not this one) avoids hurt feelings.  I do not advocate lying; although we all do it from time to time.  ("Yes Elizabeth, there is a Santa Claus")

It has occurred to me that others could have taken both sets of pictures for reasons we do not know.   HR jumped to the conclusion that  KL was trying to blackmail her, perhaps all he wanted to do is to rekindle some of what they had without any strings attached.  (It looks as if they had a very passionate love affair...whew). KL believes that HR sent pictures to the news station to derail JW's career because that is what she told him.  I think that KL did not want HR to be able to use the footage from her black box to implicate him in anyway; therefore, he took the chip.  HR said she did not blackmail JW with those pictures of JR with KL, maybe we should believe her.   She and her reporter friend could have been talking about something totally different especially, since we know that HR checks the background of her stories for accuracy before they air.  Now we have a situation where both parties are trying to set each other up not knowing they were set-up by others.

As for TW, he loves HR and more importantly, he is proud of her and her accomplishments (apparently so is his father).  They have martial problems stemming from major trust issues.  When HR aborted the baby without consulting him, he was very hurt and could not bring himself to forgive her.   HR, put her all in her career and, as she had to do all of her life, rely on herself. Coming from different backgrounds they view life very differently and not being able to effectively communicate and build trust was a death sentence for their marriage.  HR becoming a murder suspect is the best thing that happened to their marriage in years.  HR  did not need TW, once she was successful, now she needs him, and he sees an opportunity for HR to lean on him.  Was he worried about the broach, yes, in episode 5 he asked how the broach got in KL's car, he knew that KL was in her car, because he followed them, but how did the broach get into KL's car?  HR volleyed the question by telling him to ask the right question, did she and KL have any affair.  We must not forget that before the death of KL TW was going to help HR land the position of Press Secretary at the Blue House (another notch on the family's belt); therefore, he nor HR could afford a scandal.

I am still betting on an accidental death and not murder.           

Forgive my ramblings...thank God I don't ramble often.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:20 PM, maddymappo said:

I am just speculating it was really an accident. The detective is very suspicious and full of himself and his own hunch and feelings. He could be right. Who knows?  But the prosecutor now wants to go after Hr out of jealousy of the good old boys system that her hubby is part of by virtue or his aristocratic birth (son of supreme court judge founding elite law club member) etc.  Just saying it may be justice in this case may be subverted based on feelings instead of facts. But it is too early to know what really happened. Just putting the concept out there.

The detective maybe full of himself, and in my opinion, he is not.... but regardless of how we both think about him, he has justification for his suspicions, not just hunches, based on good reason,  what he saw in the accident scene as not consistent with what was reported in the findings in Kevin's corpse or dead body by the pathologist. Even the pathologist said so. The prosecutor has not taken the case yet. Yes, his interest in the case is personal but prosecutors must justify their reasons for taking a case. He must be able to find that the case is prosecutable, that he can prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. He has to look at police reports, autopsy reports etc and so does the defense attorney. As of now, nobody has been arrested yet. If you are saying that the prosecutor will try to find reasons to investigate the case further so he can take the case and pin it on HR, that I do agree. But even with circumstantial evidence, the prosecutor must be able to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt before he decides to take the case. This prosecutor is determined to find it. Will he?  I believe that the detective will tell him what he saw in the funeral, the manager of Kevin taking EJ away from the comforting hug of HR. If the prosecutor can procure a copy of the Thailand pictures from the manager, that will be enough reason to crack the investigation wide open and reason for the prosecutor to take the case and it will be TW who will be the target. 

Y'all, I cannot believe Eun-joo went there today!!!!! I was wondering how low she would go, but she has even surpassed my guesses.

I thought she would just fumble her way around seduction, not actively use TW to back handedly harm Hae-ran! That was completely out of left field and TW didn't even know what he was doing. I did not see that method coming at all, and I love the writer for putting that in the show.

Spoiler

As far as the song, I had some suspicion about it, perhaps it is her favorite song...perhaps not. But I leaned more toward it being a favorite song. I think I was just blinded by my impression of the innocent Eun-joo. I really just thought EJ was using the song as a way to get closer to TW, not as a way to hurt HR. I was stunned, especially at the end of the episode where EJ was sitting in her chair, listening to the song and rubbing her belly. That was a creepy sight.

One thing I don't understand is why Det.Kang can get to all kinds of CCTV if this isn't an official investigation yet? And yet not to phone logs? Be it official or through the back door... I hope something will happen soon to roll a proper investigation because I honestly am getting uncomfortable that he is doing all this investigation when there isn't supposedly a valid case at all. And that he is getting so friendly with BWH....??? 

Same goes for TW. There isn't any charge against HR at all, why is there a need to bother with investigation....?

Since Det.Kang was the same person who handled MW's case, I am guessing he's been keeping track of HR all these while, ie. watching her on the news. This will explain how he can immediately identify the brooch belonging to her. Is that why he's so onto her? Because even the past case of MW he already had doubts about the truth of it?

Yay! We got a confirmation HR's watch is not off or broken :D She checked her watch and then her phone. The time matches... :wink: 

I am unlikely to post much more as the show is largely entertaining as a whodunnit and a thriller. Illogical scenes and actions are starting to do me in. I'm in the first part of Episode 7 and it makes absolutely no sense that Kevin would not have engaged a corporate lawyer that both negotiated his lucrative sponsorship contracts and formed his corporation.  And Taewook as a lawyer would have absolutely known that and not been sucked into Eun Joo's scheming.

Sorry, my husband finds it hard to watch movies with me as I am constantly doing this. I'll keep enjoying the various abs, JJH's eyes, KNJ's amazing clothing, the great acting, etc.

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I don't understand is why Det.Kang can get to all kinds of CCTV if this isn't an official investigation yet? And yet not to phone logs? Be it official or through the back door... I hope something will happen soon to roll a proper investigation because I honestly am getting uncomfortable that he is doing all this investigation when there isn't supposedly a valid case at all.

It is a valid case, to prove that a search is "reasonable," the police must generally show that it is more likely than not that a crime has occurred, and that if a search is conducted it is probable that they will find evidence of the crime. So, they have to show probable cause and the autopsies and the accident scene does show that probable cause. Detective Kang's problem: because HR is the media and involves Kevin a most popular and loved athlete, her husband a lawyer son of a judge in the supreme court, this is a high profile case, the police chief wants more reliable information before he gives permission to ask for a warrant to search black box of HR's car. The police are making sure that their backs are covered before asking for a warrant. Police Chief said to find something more than what you got. In other words, continue the investigation. The prosecutor, on the other hand, has to make sure that there is a solid case that he can prove guilt before he prosecutes. The prosecutor now says for the detective to hand the case to the prosecutor. So the prosecutor must have found something that solidifies his case to give him the confidence to take the case. 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I don't understand is why Det.Kang can get to all kinds of CCTV if this isn't an official investigation yet? And yet not to phone logs? Be it official or through the back door... I hope something will happen soon to roll a proper investigation because I honestly am getting uncomfortable that he is doing all this investigation when there isn't supposedly a valid case at all. And that he is getting so friendly with BWH....??? 

Same goes for TW. There isn't any charge against HR at all, why is there a need to bother with investigation....?

Since Det.Kang was the same person who handled MW's case, I am guessing he's been keeping track of HR all these while, ie. watching her on the news. This will explain how he can immediately identify the brooch belonging to her. Is that why he's so onto her? Because even the past case of MW he already had doubts about the truth of it?

Yay! We got a confirmation HR's watch is not off or broken :D She checked her watch and then her phone. The time matches... :wink: 

Yes, it seems to me the detective was too gungho to involve Hr in a murder there was no proof really even was a murder. @zenya22  - the coroner said it was undetermined. 50/50 and EJ said it was an accident under the influence.  No probable cause of anything there except an affair. And even if Hr had an affair with Kevin, does that mean she murdered him?  Does having a motive, make an accident into a murder? EJ now says that Kevin's death was ruled accident because of drunk driving.  So gimme a break. Why is the detective spending all this time and effort on Hr as a suspect in an accident that could possibly be a cover up for murder?  Again, what would be proof it was a murder - an affair?   But where is the proof?  A bruised wrist?  Hey the guy was drunk.  A tightened muscle?    What is the prosecutor going to do with the case - charge Hr with having a possible motive to kill someone because of an affair?  Is it ethical to drag someone into  a trial to prove what?  "guilt by a reasonable possibility of a possible murder?" or  :Guilt by 30 yr experienced detective "feeling" This is garbage.   

As far as a time line - what work has the Detective done? What other people has in interviewed who knew Kevin?  When did Hr take the car into the shop to be fixed?  Did he get the black box from HJw's car?  Doesn't he - the brilliant experienced detective know KL was also bedding HJw.  No,, just rumor about HR?  What kind of cop is he?  

As pointed out what about Kevin's telephone records.  Public cctv is available to the police w/o a warrant though -that would not be a problem.  But perhaps they pinched the one outside Kevin's house, if it wasn't a public camera. 

And now surprise surprise, we learn that the detective has some kind of history with Hr, and has it in for her,    Who would have thunk?

@ktcjdrama  Excellent point you make that  the  detective knew that brooch belonged to Hr almost immediately - he is much too involved, And leaking to the press (unidentified police officer) that an accident was being investigated as a murder and the prime suspect was HR has to be one of the most unprofessional moves I have seen in any film or drama.  Not knowing it was even a murder - yet they have a prime suspect, based on what?  Who else had they interviewed at that point?  He did realize EJ and KL had an argument- he saw  the rings were off their fingers.  Yet he knows and is sure HR is the prime culprit?  Before he even saw the CCTV of HR dropping EJ off at the house.   -  If anything the police are always tight lipped about what they have and who they suspect especially i would think when it involves a pubic figure - and he did this leaking because of his 'feelings" and a hunch!      But wait  - there is more.  EJ and Hr showing warmth to each other at the funeral -  wow! our experienced detective now knows that the two were probably in cahoots.    What a jerk.

24 minutes ago, jd50 said:

I am unlikely to post much more as the show is largely entertaining as a whodunnit and a thriller. Illogical scenes and actions are starting to do me in. I'm in first part of Episode 7 and it makes absolutely no sense that Kevin would not have engaged a corporate lawyer that both negotiated his lucrative sponsorship contracts and formed his corporation.  And Taewook as a lawyer would have absolutely known that and not been sucked into Eun Joo's scheming.

Oh, but this happens in real life with successful athletes, business people, artists, whose success get to their heads when they first start and they fall down fast but then they learn. They get into partnership who steals from them, let other people manage their business such as Kevin who mismanage them. Some learn from their experience they will manage a comeback wiser and more successful. Sometimes womanizing is the problem. Too bad for Kevin that he died.  As for TW, don't know why he got himself sucked in, unless he thinks that his wife will love him more if he takes care of her friend. 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

The detective maybe full of himself, and in my opinion, he is not.... but regardless of how we both think about him, he has justification for his suspicions, not just hunches, based on good reason,  what he saw in the accident scene as not consistent with what was reported in the findings in Kevin's corpse or dead body by the pathologist. Even the pathologist said so. The prosecutor has not taken the case yet. Yes, his interest in the case is personal but prosecutors must justify their reasons for taking a case. He must be able to find that the case is prosecutable, that he can prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. He has to look at police reports, autopsy reports etc and so does the defense attorney. As of now, nobody has been arrested yet. If you are saying that the prosecutor will try to find reasons to investigate the case further so he can take the case and pin it on HR, that I do agree. But even with circumstantial evidence, the prosecutor must be able to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt before he decides to take the case. This prosecutor is determined to find it. Will he?  I believe that the detective will tell him what he saw in the funeral, the manager of Kevin taking EJ away from the comforting hug of HR. If the prosecutor can procure a copy of the Thailand pictures from the manager, that will be enough reason to crack the investigation wide open and reason for the prosecutor to take the case and it will be TW who will be the target. 

I've been rooting for the detective from Day One myself :D because I've always thought that at least from his perspective there was always probable cause for suspicion. Whether he was first on the scene or not, It is still his job to investigate if he finds inconsistencies at the scene. He has to ask the questions no matter who these people are. Especially if they're stonewalling him. I don't think he's full of himself either because he went to the ME to ask for his opinion as well who only confirmed to him that there were inconsistent features that emerged during the autopsy that made the final result inconclusive.

In his defence the detective doesn't know HR, Kevin, EJ etc from a bar of soap except from what he's seen in the media. He is not privy to what we've been privy to. We can make the judgment that HR was in all likelihood not guilty of killing Kevin because we have facts that he doesn't have access to. But what can't be denied is that HR lied to him about the complex nature of her relationship to Kevin and with his experience, I'm sure he had an inkling that she was hiding something.Then she went off on a defensive tirade and personally attacked him in front of his fellow officers which could easily be construed as some big shot trying to intimidate a lowly cop from doing his job.  Her actions from someone else's perspective could quite easily be of someone who has something to hide. Even for a time TW toyed with the possibility she could be guilty.

HR is probably her own worst enemy in that regard. Not only has she not been forthcoming, but her own overweening ambition (and pride) has brought her to where she is right now. Entangling herself with Kevin particularly knowing how nuts he was and then telling EJ half truths about her relationship with Kevin as it turns out has caused more problems for her. I may be rooting for her on some level but I can't deny that she acts in such a fashion as to undermine her own credibility as someone who is "innocent". I don't care for trial by media either and maybe she thought she acted for the best when she prevaricated to prevent more fuelling of the fire by the salacious rags. 

As for the slighted prosecutor who wants to pursue the Kevin Lee case, whatever his motives are, he did overhear a conversation where the husband of the primary person of interest asks for the case to be "buried". It's a cause for suspicion to an experienced prosecutor especially if the husband is known to be a public defender who often undertakes hard luck cases and fights for underdogs. Why would a man who often claims that he's on the side of justice suddenly be requesting what might seem to be a cover up for his wife if there isn't some kind of reason for it? TW may have inadvertently given him ammunition where there was none previously.

Now, I'm someone who believes that Kevin's death was most probably an accident-suicide in the final analysis. Or the culmination of events which finally led to him getting behind the wheel in a poor state of mind and crashing his vehicle because he was in no fit state to be driving in the first place. That said, I still believe his death needs to be investigated thoroughly by an objective outsider because nobody will ever be sure if the people connected to the case are completely on the level. There will always be suspicion and unease hanging over all the main players. So whether Kevin was killed or whether Kevin died because he drove badly, that needs to be determined once for all... clearly so that will be no lingering suspicions.

3 hours ago, V said:

Y'all, I cannot believe Eun-joo went there today!!!!! I was wondering how low she would go, but she has even surpassed my guesses.

I thought she would just fumble her way around seduction, not actively use TW to back handedly harm Hae-ran! That was completely out of left field and TW didn't even know what he was doing. I did not see that method coming at all, and I love the writer for putting that in the show.

Reveal hidden contents

As far as the song, I had some suspicion about it, perhaps it is her favorite song...perhaps not. But I leaned more toward it being a favorite song. I think I was just blinded by my impression of the innocent Eun-joo. I really just thought EJ was using the song as a way to get closer to TW, not as a way to hurt HR. I was stunned, especially at the end of the episode where EJ was sitting in her chair, listening to the song and rubbing her belly. That was a creepy sight.

Yes OMG she’s dialing up the pressure! 

Anyone want to to talk about how creepy the preview is??

(Edited) Hye Ran confronts someone (not clear who but seems to be Hangil Steel about them spreading rumors about Kevin having an affair with Hye Ran

Then the next moment she seems to be blackmailing Hye Ran, saying that she has the black box chip. Asking her to choose which is more damaging, her past or being accused of murder...she’s really out to hurt her!

Tae Wook says he wants to believe in his wife to the end

And then the final scene, where Hye Ran has to choose whether or not she wants to announce her own news (what news, this is killing me!)

From episodes 1-6 I thought this show was about who killed Kevin, but I guess not??

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

n his defence the detective doesn't know HR, Kevin, EJ etc from a bar of soap except from what he's seen in the media. He is not privy to what we've been privy to. W

Isn't that just the point. He is supposed to do an investigation before reaching a conclusion. Not making a conclusion and then going about trying to find evidence to prove it?  That is the reverse of good detective work . A rush to judgement He knew nothing except what was in the media - well hello? Shall we do a poll on facebook to find out if it Is  a murder not an accident and have prime suspect rumored on twitter  - charged with murder?    This detective doesn't even appear to know who HJw is.  And the detective did know that Ej and KL did not have their rings on the night of the murder.   

As far as the autopsy, the detective was bullying the coroner to tell him his 'feeling" about it, not to stick to facts.  He pressed him and pressed him so he pointed out some possible problems, a bruised wrist an a tightened muscle - but still would not go so far as to say it was probably murder, just maybe 50/50.  So how does an affair make the facts of an accident turn it into a murder?  That is guilt by prejudice.

3 hours ago, jd50 said:

I am unlikely to post much more as the show is largely entertaining as a whodunnit and a thriller. Illogical scenes and actions are starting to do me in. I'm in first part of Episode 7 and it makes absolutely no sense that Kevin would not have engaged a corporate lawyer that both negotiated his lucrative sponsorship contracts and formed his corporation.  And Taewook as a lawyer would have absolutely known that and not been sucked into Eun Joo's scheming.

Sorry, my husband finds it hard to watch movies with me as I am constantly doing this. I'll keep enjoying the various abs, JJH's eyes, KNJ's amazing clothing, the great acting, etc.

I agree, at this point KL would have had a lawyer and agent negotiating the terms of his contracts.  I am surprised that the Steel company doesn't have life insurance policy on Kevin to protect their investment.  Also TW could point out that when KL signed up as a celebrity representative he also did not know that the company was exploiting immigrant workers and not paying them. So he too (his estate) can claim he thought he was working for a reputable company and actually his reputation was hurt when the news came out - he was criticized (even though he could not know the company did that at the time).  And TW is not as he points out a contract lawyer - he really should consult with one, because law is very specialized and he really has to completely educate himself in the case law - way beyond the basics he knows from law school.

52 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Isn't that just the point. He is supposed to do an investigation before reaching a conclusion. Not making a conclusion and then going about trying to find evidence to prove it?  That is the reverse of good detective work . A rush to judgement He knew nothing except what was in the media - well hello? Shall we do a poll on facebook to find out if it Is  a murder not an accident and have prime suspect rumored on twitter  - charged with murder?    This detective doesn't even appear to know who HJw is.  And the detective did know that Ej and KL did not have their rings on the night of the murder.   

As far as the autopsy, the detective was bullying the coroner to tell him his 'feeling" about it, not to stick to facts.  He pressed him and pressed him so he pointed out some possible problems, a bruised wrist an a tightened muscle - but still would not go so far as to say it was probably murder, just maybe 50/50.  So how does an affair make the facts of an accident turn it into a murder?  That is guilt by prejudice.

But he is investigating. No one's been charged or accused of anything. He's only asked questions and if the person who is being asked answers evasively and arouses suspicion, it's understandable when his mind goes to certain places. He hasn't harassed anyone or gone after HR specifically. In fact she's been having more of a hard time from her bosses and the media than from the cops. They've already condemned her even before she's been charged with anything.

Again I don't think he bullied the ME. He did press him only because the ME seemed unsure and was unwilling to commit himself only because there were inconsistencies which the ME confirmed with facts. But so far he's acted by the book and gone to his superior officer for warrant approvals and has been knocked back due to lack of evidence.

Has he even brought up the issue of murder? He's been very careful not even to express his suspicions publicly. Even when the prosecutor said the "Go Hye Ran case", his response was "Don't you mean the Kevin Lee case?" As far as I can tell he's been circumspect.

I dunno... I just don't see the detective as the bad guy here yet. If anything he was the one that was being bullied and humiliated by HR in front of his colleagues for asking questions. Her brooch was in Kevin's car after all. The SD card from the dash cam's mysteriously disappeared too. Evidence that can prove or disprove her innocence. What's a man to think? Should he just accept what suspects and witnesses say at face value especially if their alibi can't be confirmed?

1 hour ago, jd50 said:

I am unlikely to post much more as the show is largely entertaining as a whodunnit and a thriller. Illogical scenes and actions are starting to do me in. 

Actually the whodunit for me is the least interesting part of it for me :wink: ... although I enjoy it for what it is. It's the relationships between the characters that I find most compelling and the effects of Kevin's demise on these people that intrigues me. That's why I don't get involved in much speculation because at the end of the day how Kevin died isn't the main thing driving this story.

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If anything he was the one that was being bullied and humiliated by HR in front of his colleagues for asking questions. Her brooch was in Kevin's car after all.

In the meantime he had leaked to the press it was murder and Hr was the prime suspect before he knew zilch except there was a brooch in the car.  And he knew so quickly it was her brooch because he has some history with her.   She had not idea she was being questioned as a suspect, ,only as a witness   She learns afterwards that her reputation has been smeared with rumors that she is a prime suspect in a murder case,  - after she leaves the questioning.  And there was a circus atmosphere when she arrived, there in the first place. All the cops oogling her  and watching the interview.  She was  on stage. She needed to maintain her dignity and not allow herself to be exploited - in order to maintain her public image.  He got what he deserved. 

24 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Actually the whodunit for me is the least interesting part of it for me :wink: ... although I enjoy it for what it is. It's the relationships between the characters that I find most compelling and the effects of Kevin's demise on these people that intrigues me. That's why I don't get involved in much speculation because at the end of the day how Kevin died isn't the main thing driving this story.

You're right. Judging from the preview, it seems that there is a bigger thing in HR's past that needs to remain buried. I think now it's more EJ against HR since Kevin died so early in the show. Maybe this is also why HR is very reluctant to acknowledge her past "close" friendship with EJ because she didn't want to "go there".

50 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

the coroner said it was undetermined. 50/50 and EJ said it was an accident under the influence.  No probable cause of anything there except an affair. And even if Hr had an affair with Kevin, does that mean she murdered him?  Does having a motive, make an accident into a murder? EJ now says that Kevin's death was ruled accident because of drunk driving.  So gimme a break. Why is the detective spending all this time and effort on Hr as a suspect in an accident that could possibly be a cover up for murder?  Again, what would be proof it was a murder - an affair?   But where is the proof?  A bruised wrist?  Hey the guy was drunk.  A tightened muscle?    What is the prosecutor going to do with the case - charge Hr with having a possible motive to kill someone because of an affair?  Is it ethical to drag someone into  a trial to prove what?  "guilt by a reasonable possibility of a possible murder?" or  :Guilt by 30 yr experienced detective "feeling" This is garbage.   

who said that someone is being dragged into a trial? Were you not the one saying that HR will go to prison for no good reason because it will be ruled as an accident, but due to circumstantial evidence? I agree that is garbage because circumstantial evidence has to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt (what I said) Feelings? a pathology report is not based on feelings. affairs? oh yes people killed for affairs.... a strong motive

Again there is a difference between a police officer starting an investigation because of probable cause and a prosecutor taking a case. The probable cause is the 50/50. The autopsy did not say that he had alcohol in his body. The autopsy report is a scientific finding of a pathology examination of a corpse, not a guessing game such as maybe he was drunk because EJ said so. The pathology report is not consistent with the accident site. If there is 50/50 then there is probable cause. Again what I said: the prosecutor can file formal charges and take the case only if they believe they can prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. The prosecutor can look into police reports, history, circumstances of the case before taking a case. As you pointed out, the prosecutor overheard an unethical conversation, TW asking a colleague to bury the case. It might have aroused suspicion but not proof. However, it is good enough reason to have a look at the police reports, but look see.

Kevin's death could have been an accident but something has to explain the inconsistent findings between the accident and the findings of the body to make it an accident and not a murder. I for one like Detective Kang need to be convinced of that. 

a bow to agree to disagree

Archived