[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

8 hours ago, V said:

Who here thinks that it could be more than one person? Someone had a great comment above (sorry, Soompi erased my quote!) on how she/he didn't think that it could be a woman because they would have to be strong enough to lift a big guy like KL into the car. But maybe it still could still be a woman and she had a man helping her.

OMG, I just had a thought, what if the killer is the JBC manager that loves Joo-won!

That was me mentioning about the strength required to set already dead Kevin into the car.

Oooo I love your new suspect. Haven't thought about him since he seems to be a minor character.

Maybe there is more than one person in the sense that they are not working together per se, but the second culprit was the one who staged the accident. My thought is, Kevin met up again with HR to insist getting back together, having gained confidence she still loves him, thus removing his wedding ring daringly. HR this time resisted him and somehow in their argument knocked him out by the head and hurriedly left without checking him dead or alive, thus arriving home shaking with the blue gloves. Another person (male) saw the attack and the dead Kevin, went up to get the body and set it in his car so as to stage an accident, thus removing blame from HR if ever his body was discovered. Therefore HR wasn't lying when she said she didn't kill Kevin because she wouldn't have known she had killed him. Who could this male be then?.... My first guess is still TW unfortunately who had been following his wife. So what I foresee is at the end of the drama, it will be revealed that both HR and TW are responsible for Kevin's death, maybe both got sentenced somehow, but they don't care coz they found what was important, ie. finally rekindling their long lost love for each other :D... a little bit  à la SLA, no? Although I didn't actually watch that drama, only read recaps :tongue:

As for the presence of the brooch, I still think it was accidentally left there without knowledge by TW or HR, or whoever the murderer is.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, maddymappo said:

HR drop Eun Joo back home but we don't know if she went directly home at that point. If she did, why would she be shaking like that and clutching the gloves. Seems like something happened after she brought EJ home - and the time she actually went home (I think she did go home during the glove scene) and was shaking.  Somehow her pin ended up in KL's car.  She had it on when she met EJ.  

Since the camera was focusing on HR's hand I noticed the time on her wrist watch was 1.10 am.

Surprisingly TW did not asked HR how the brooch got in Kevin's car and how HR herself was not concerned with that fact. 

25 minutes ago, mizkorea said:

Since the camera was focusing on HR's hand I noticed the time on her wrist watch was 1.10 am.

You gave me an idea to scrutinize her wrist watch to find out more about the timeline. However, time on her watch may not be reliable though. Probably an oversight by the production team. Because when HR was meeting EJ at the cafe (ep.5, around 59min) after showing her the pictures, her watch read 10 pm. That is quite impossible, considering she finished her news at 10, went to meet up Kevin, got into a small accident, before finally meeting EJ.

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

You gave me an idea to scrutinize her wrist watch to find out more about the timeline. However, time on her watch may not be reliable though. Probably an oversight by the production team. Because when HR was meeting EJ at the cafe (ep.5, around 59min) after showing her the pictures, her watch read 10 pm. That is quite impossible, considering she finished her news at 10, went to meet up Kevin, got into a small accident, before finally meeting EJ.

You know we are going loopy here when we’re scrutinizing watches! :lol:

@V thanks! What a great site! Must take a lot of effort to keep it going. Yes you must watch Secret Love Affair! I couldn’t stop thinking about it for months!!

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for the presence of the brooch, I still think it was accidentally left there without knowledge by TW or HR, or whoever the murderer is.

So as a few others have pointed out she was wearing it when she met Eun Joo. So either someone she met took and planted it in Kevin’s car, or she met Kevin again later.

But I like your theory. Probably more than one person met Kevin in the hours before he died.

Its show day! I have a wedding tonight so can’t watch live, but @V will be actively refreshing your site! See y’all on the other side :wink:

30 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
56 minutes ago, mizkorea said:

Yes,  @justamom I am getting loopy too, did the same thing after reading @mizkorea's eagle eyed catch!  But i interpreted the time as 11:50 which would look like 10 PM depending on long hand vs short hand?   

Also in reviewing the earlier episode (went back to see detective at the crime scene ) - at the dinner party realized Lee Yeon Jung is the wife of the jealous prosecutor.    She was also in the toilet during the scene when HJw confronts HR at the sink about those pictures that got her kicked off the 9PM news.    She must have heard that conversation.  Later when Hr gets in trouble she temps in that coveted time slot and really bombed in the ratings.  Don't think she would kill Kevin though - that is a stretch. But she and her husband are going to cause Hr and Tw a lot of pain. 

I am thinking that after Hr drove off after her meeting with Kevin, that perhaps at that point Tw confronted Kevin, because Kevin came home after Hr dropped EJ off, and they had been talking in the diner - so during that time we don't know what he was doing.   I think Hr might have met him one more time and he snatched the pin off her and they had that altercation and she fled and went home shaking.  I think his creepy assistant fought with Kevin, because I am pretty sure he lied to Hr about seeing her in the car with Kevin in the garage scene because only Tw managed to follow Hr there and the assistant was cut off.  He would have seen them together when and if Hr met up the second time and perhaps had the altercation when he took the pin.  I think he may love EJ and fought with Kevin about his infidelity and after he realized he killed him, set it up as an accident.  

But it is still an open question as to whether there even was a murder.  As TW 's father told him, the truth is not important, what is important is what people believe is true.  This detective believes in his own truth and pushing aggressively to bend the facts his way.  He even saw a plot between EJ and Hr because they seemed kind and close to each other at the funeral. He just jumped to the conclusion they were in cahoots.     Yes, Hr likely met up with Kevin once more, and likely someone else may have been there and fought with him - the bruise on the wrist.  But Kevin may just have smashed up the car himself. His leg mucles tightened when he went to break the car but missed and it crashed.   

29 minutes ago, justamom said:

So as a few others have pointed out she was wearing it when she met Eun Joo. So either someone she met took and planted it in Kevin’s car, or she met Kevin again later.

I'm going with she met Kevin again. This time in his car. He tried to smooch her, but she resisted (because hey, EJ is pregnant with your baby!). That's why the brooch fell...yeah, it needs a stronger latch like someone mentioned earlier. At this rate, I'm surprised it's not yet broken considering the long thin frail shape, lol... Then HR ran out the car, Kevin followed suit, HR struck him down with something, and quickly left the scene. All this recorded by his black box, which went totally missing. Is this right? His black box was missing entirely, right? Not just the memory card? Need to rewatch.

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I'm going with she met Kevin again. This time in his car. He tried to smooch her, but she resisted (because hey, EJ is pregnant with your baby!). That's why the brooch fell...yeah, it needs a stronger latch like someone mentioned earlier. At this rate, I'm surprised it's not yet broken considering the long thin frail shape, lol... Then HR ran out the car, Kevin followed suit, HR struck him down with something, and quickly left the scene. All this recorded by his black box, which went totally missing. Is this right? His black box was missing entirely, right? Not just the memory card? Need to rewatch.

Good question. I know Hr's chip was missing but have no idea about Kevin's car. I think someone mentioned in a comment that it could have burned?  But black box - should be fire proof- hence  it is called "black box".   

19 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Good question. I know Hr's chip was missing but have no idea about Kevin's car. I think someone mentioned in a comment that it could have burned?  But black box - should be fire proof- hence  it is called "black box".   

:lol: What was I thinking... I meant the dash-cam... Is that called a black box too? I'm not sure. And I'm also not sure if the ones installed on car are fireproof? This is not common in my country, so I wouldn't have known. Anyway, I remember someone did mention his black box wasn't in the car. I think it is one of the police officers.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

'm going with she met Kevin again. This time in his car. He tried to smooch her, but she resisted (because hey, EJ is pregnant with your baby!). That's why the brooch fell...yeah, it needs a stronger latch like someone mentioned earlier. At this rate, I'm surprised it's not yet broken considering the long thin frail shape, lol... Then HR ran out the car, Kevin followed suit, HR struck him down with something, and quickly left the scene. All this recorded by his black box, which went totally missing. Is this right? His black box was missing entirely, right? Not just the memory card? Need to rewatch.

I agree with you that GHR must have met with Kevin again. 

How did the memory card get into Kevin's coat if he was struck down? He must have gone back home and removed the coat. If he had collapsed at the scene, he would be wearing the coat and the contents could have been checked as evidence.

So, as I wind myself up in these theories, did he go back home, then get called out again? 

Edit: I've just rewatched the scene from episode 6 around19 min in. When he came in, he had a long coat, but changed his coat when he left to a shorter jacket ....

11 hours ago, V said:

Who here thinks that it could be more than one person?

There must be more than one person who took advantage of that night to get to Kevin. Each person probably thinks they are the guilty one, and that's why they're not reporting what happened in the last hours. If they weren't guilty, they'd easily go to the police station to be a witness.

I'm getting confused by my own thinking...:crazy:

Only 7 more hours to screening time!!

10 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

How did the memory card get into Kevin's coat if he was struck down? He must have gone back home and removed the coat. If he had collapsed at the scene, he would be wearing the coat and the contents could have been checked as evidence.

So, as I wind myself up in these theories, did he go back home, then get called out again? 

Yes he did go back home and got called out again. He changed coats. The one he wore meeting HR first time in her car, he put on the dining chair as soon as he got home. This has HR's memory chip. After arguing with EJ, he got a call, went upstairs and put on another coat and left the house, never touching the coat he came home with. After getting out of the house, I am speculating he met with HR again. This time, HR's brooch fell. There must be some physical stuff going on between them, maybe force kissing, struggling free and striking down.

11 hours ago, africandramalover said:

After the kiss car scene when Kevin went home he had Hr's black box chip in his pocket. He took that coat off and left it on a chair. He changed to another jacket and left.  AFter the funeral EJ found Hr's black box chip when it fell out of the jacket. 

As far as Kevin's bb chip or dash cam memory card etc   I do not think we know what happened to it,  @ktcjdrama says it was missing and could be police officer.   That is an interesting theory.   After Hr walked out of the interview with the detective Hr spoke with her reporter friend who told her that an "unknown police officer" leaked that Kevin was murdered and Hr was the prime suspect.  I thought it was the detective who did that leak because he was so gungho to prove it was murder not an accident and immediately honed in on Hr like a bear goes for honey.    But perhaps there was an officer there earlier who snatched the dash cam or whatever it is that would have the recording .  But I think the fact that it was taken or missing would be very suspicious in itself  - who would take it and why?    I do not think the drama has addressed this issue directly. I do not remember any discussion about it and it would be I think on the top of the detectives "this is  a murder" list.  

Realized on review that it was TW who told Hr an unnamed police officer gave the press the tip it was murder and Hr was the suspect.

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

But perhaps there was an officer there earlier who snatched the dash cam or whatever it is that would have the recording .  But I think the fact that it was taken or missing would be very suspicious in itself  - who would take it and why?    I do not think the drama has addressed this issue directly. I do not remember any discussion about it and it would be I think on the top of the detectives "this is  a murder" list.  

Bingo!! 

Are we going to see some blackmail or new revelations from what is in that memory card? 

Kevin goes out in his car, probably meets with someone - in his car. They may even have been driving.

They argue, talk, kiss, whatever, the scene escalates and the other person may even have fought and injured Kevin who tries to control the car as he is driving. The car hits the pole/mast, and the passenger takes the black box and runs.

I am still yet to figure out how Kevin got GHR's black box mem card without her seeing.

Man!! This show has me being a detective and I am not a detail-oriented person!! :grin:

Stupid Theory Time!

I know it’s completely absurd but I keep expecting Kevin Lee to pull a ‘Gone Girl’ on us.

I know it’s a stretch to assume that all the events that occurred so far were all part of his intricate revenge plan, but when I look back on all the ‘coincidences’ they all seem rather suspicious.

Firstly, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Kevin married Hye-ran’s childhood friend. His marriage to Eun-joo was purely to form a connection back to Hye-ran.

Secondly, I think he was always good at golfing but never had the passion to pursue it and/or lacked the funds to do so. The trigger of course was Hye-ran dumping him for his lack of ‘potential’. Thus forever traumatising him and setting in motion his intricate revenge plot whereby he becomes one of the world’s most successful pro golfers all so he can get his revenge on his ex for dumping him! (You know, something no one in the world experiences!)

I know y’all are cringing at how absurd I’m being but consider this, when he started screwing Hye-ran over, he had no motive or zeal to go back to golfing, golfing therefore had already fulfilled its purpose.

Thirdly, he deliberately avoided any interviews with the media and news outlets just so Hye-ran could get the scoop. I mean look at the timing, he came back to Korea only when he was the most sought out celebrity! Also I’m not buying that he ‘accidentally’ bumped into Hye-ran at the airport, the guy obviously planned it all, wheeling his luggage back and forth to coordinate the perfect surprise ‘reunion’.

Lastly, this is where Kevin started making mistakes, sleeping with Ji-won, obviously thinking it would make Hye-ran jealous and trying to undermine her self worth, but of course our Hye-ran knows how badass she is and prances on his idiocy, and then he sexually assaults her and takes pictures for blackmail purposes and then she so f**king brilliantly gives him the middle finger in her news broadcast! This obviously becomes too much for Kevin’s little brain to handle to the point where he fakes his own death à la Gone Girl and tries to frame Hye-ran as the murderer.

Well that’s what I thought for first four episodes anyways. Regardless episodes 5&6 thoroughly debunks this theory, but it was fun speculating while it lasted.

Especially considering the fact that Kevin was in a deadly car accident and yet his corpse looks surprisingly immaculate & undamaged but yanno drama logic I guess, you can’t refute the results of an autopsy bruh
Well only policemen can apparently... 

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

At almost 45 JJH is looking mighty fine 

Oh my... he looks charming when he smiles. Looks gorgeous just doing nothing. Looks handsome when frowning in deep thoughts. Looks hot when angry, and even looks attractive when he cries... Indeed such a fine specimen of man:wub:... Why have I not the luck of meeting him in my first life? :tongue: Only in my dreams I guess :lol: He is my husband's age...

1 hour ago, swathi said:

Stupid Theory Time!

Not stupid at all absolutely agree!

I don’t think Kevin’s motives for coming back are all that innocent.  He definitely wanted to plaster his image everywhere and show Hye Ran how wrong she was.

I agree Kevin’s still obsessed with his first love. Seeing Han Ji Won and marrying Eun Joo are all about his unfulfilled love for Hye Ran. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ji Won used Hye Ran to taunt or seduce him.

During that blackmail kiss, Kevin says “Everytime we meet I’m sure you think about that time.” I wonder if there’s a specific incident/trigger he’s referring to?

If anyone wants to see more of mystery man’s hotness...(you’re welcome!) I thought he used a stunt double but no, those abs are real! I want to be the girl wiping down that chiseled chest...:lol:

http://m.tv.naver.com/v/2752529

Make way, make way!! Pervy moms coming through.... :tongue: How can we resist when we have 3 gorgeous hunks in this drama! Okay so one is out, two still remaining though.... GHR is such a lucky gal! :lol:

25 minutes ago, justamom said:

I thought he used a stunt double but no, those abs are real!

I wondered about that actually. Whether he really did lift his legs up just like that or was there wire helping.... That is some core strength there! Reminded me of another hunk that is NGM doing upside down sit up in The Girl Who Sees Smell.

13 hours ago, justamom said:

Okay I’ve now watched the show too many times, because I was pretty sure it didn’t happen the same time and yes, went back to check and the scene you are talking about is different from the one I referenced. They show her watching news of Kevin’s death twice. The first is her watching Hye Ran in the morning and she’s wearing the same dress as the previous night. Expression? Subject to interpretation but looks pretty calm to me.

The second time she’s watching the news she’s wearing a different outfit and it’s at night, after Hye Ran leaves the prison, and all the news outlets are speculating it could have been murder. Then she thinks back to being at the morgue earlier in the day.

I checked too :wub: I am watching these scenes a lot too . Well you're right the dress is different. Well in North Korea do they allow family members to discover deaths through the television ? My god that is horrible. Unless they told her over the phone and asked her to come identify the body. You can be sued in other countries if you allow a close family member to be informed through the press release.

The dress she is wearing is the same one she was wearing when she was desperately calling Hye Ran as someone pointed was about 1.10 am on Hye Ran's watch (scene with green gloves) and begging her to pick up. Hye Ran did not. Did she sit up all night in that dress and watched that broadcast in the morning.

The writer must be cursing us about now. Ten mins after 1 am was about the time Kevin came home right . I thought the CCTV said Hye Ran dropped off Eun Joo at 1 am then he comes at 10 past and Hye Ran's already home and Eun Joo is calling.They even had a fight. The time space is too short don't you think?

3 hours ago, justamom said:

Not stupid at all absolutely agree!

I don’t think Kevin’s motives for coming back are all that innocent.  He definitely wanted to plaster his image everywhere and show Hye Ran how wrong she was.

I agree Kevin’s still obsessed with his first love. Seeing Han Ji Won and marrying Eun Joo are all about his unfulfilled love for Hye Ran. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ji Won used Hye Ran to taunt or seduce him.

During that blackmail kiss, Kevin says “Everytime we meet I’m sure you think about that time.” I wonder if there’s a specific incident/trigger he’s referring to?

If anyone wants to see more of mystery man’s hotness...(you’re welcome!) I thought he used a stunt double but no, those abs are real! I want to be the girl wiping down that chiseled chest...:lol:

Hubba! Hubba!

Ahh the multiquote seems to work for first quote sorry for the mistake since I quoted the second quote later it appeared as a separate post.

Making of the mystery man's abs!!!

Specially for all the pervy mums/ahjummas/ ahjummas to be  @justamom @ktcjdrama

Spoiler

giphy.gif

This actor  has great core strength...the gif of take 2 (take 1 is in spoiler) is easily 10.5 seconds

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, justamom said:

giphy.gif

Archived