[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

@Pratiwip  I too am glad that you were a part of this thread...  I see that you're new to Soompi.  I hope to see you too on another thread...  Most of all I hope you have a great time in this forum and always share your thoughts and ideas.   There are so many great threads and so many great posters and lurkers too!  Hope you make some great memories here!!!  :blush::heart:

I have not watched the last 4 episodes, I don't know, I think I'm still in denial that it has ended, like prolonging the inevitable:( .

Still, I want to say THANK YOU! to our friends here who always post updates/BTS pics/promo pics/Official OST/Fan MVs, thank you for keeping us on the loop. Also special thanks to those that post live recaps/live subs/screencaps of the latest episode. Its a lot of help for us here who were not able to join you all in real-time watching.

Thank you also for all the intelligent, healthy (and most times pervy! :lol::tongue: LOL!!) discussions we have here. I just wish I remembered my SOOMPI account earlier than I did, so I could have been here longer with you all. 

Hope to see you all again in another Daebak Drama!!

NOW, I have to face the truth and watch the final episodes and say my goodbye to Min Kyu, Jiah, AJ3 and the Santa Maria Team..

Anneyong!!
  • Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, oneandthree said:

The bending kiss looks like a dancing scene in The Beauty and The Beast, so fairytale-like. And the kiss also mirrors their first kiss under the umbrella. This drama started with KMG who couldn't enlist and ended by KMG who came back from the enlistment. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I treasure this writer. She is so good with symmetry/mirroring as well.

I think as same as you... keke, that's great! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

What a perfect happy ending for the drama! I love the episode we have tonight very much. I like that we get to see them going on dates and being cuties supporting each other and manage to be independent from each other as well. We also get to see other couples going on dates awww :wub:

I'm so happy that they pick up JA's entrepreneur plot! I thought they lost in somewhere along the lines and ignore it == Although I still want to know whether she won the inventor competition? Also unanswered question that everyone else has asked: Who's Madam X? But oh well I feel her revelation is not going to make much difference like it's not going to be a plot twist anyway so it's ok if they forget to talk about it :sweatingbullets:

I love love love that ending scene!! When everyone starts preparing and coming to see MK after he gets discharged, it makes me so happy because MK has come so far, from someone who isolates himself and has nobody but some cleaning robots to be friends with, to a guy with so many friends hurrying and cutting off their meetings early so they could go see him and a girlfriend (wife? I bet they are married) greeting him when he came back. Also that entire interaction between MK and JA clearly feels like they are husband and wife!! There's something so sweet but so daily life-like in that interaction, like they have gone past the passionate beginning part and to being simply comfortable in each other's space and just chill. That kiss mirrors their first kiss which has set off a series of events and ups and downs for them, again it shows how far they have gone since that turbulent time :blush: Ahhh I'm just so satisfied with the ending! This drama deserves a perfect ending like this!

This is the first time I have ever participated in a forum from start to finish! Thank you so much everyone for sharing the news, the updates, the translations, the beautiful edits and fanarts, the jokes and the heart touching analyses. It makes my experience watching this drama so much better than ever, when I was able to share my thoughts and be with lovely people like you all ^^ I hope to see you all again in other threads, especially in YSH or CSB's new projects!!  :heart:

• Like 17
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

Good morning everyone!:wub:

The ending was very sweet. Can’t help grinning until the very end. It is so hard to let go KMK and Jia. Hoping for a collaboration of CSB and YSH again in the future. A romantic historical drama perhaps?!!

Thank you so much everyone for the live recaps, HD pictures and lovely gifs. I hope @Berou will allow me to camp at her other thread until YSH’s new project.:lol:

***back to re-watching the drama***

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

Hey all! I'm coming out of lurk mode to thank everyone here for sharing translations, pics, vids, and just about anything regarding the cutest couple in k-drama history! I WIL REMEMBER RICE BALLS FOREVER! Here's a bts photo from that kitchen scene (EHEM) to get us by with our withdrawal symptoms :bawling::heart:

(Pls message if this image violates stuff, I havent posted in Soompi for so long, thank you!)

Spoiler

DUb77TgUMAASd-8.jpg:large

CR LINK: DC Gall

EDIT--- I HAVE A QUESTION PLS ANSWER: I am srsly curious about that one scene where they were in a car the night before the press conference... during that wide shot, I heard Jia say, 'Oppa why are you like this?" or did I just hear what I wanted to hear? LOOOL Please help me anyone 

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
  • Thanks 3

Thank you so much my chingus ....the ending so perfect...i think it will take long for me to move to other drama....after descendents of the sun, the korean drama that got my attention to share was suspicious partner and now IANR... 

I don't simply easy to feel in love korean drama even though there were a lot of korean drama that i have watched, most of them i even could not be able to finished it ..but once i feel in love with it, i can repeat watch it again and again until i could find other drama which can make my heart flutter...

Terima kasih sahabat semua....

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

@zzj1 Thank you for your comment. I agree with you many things.

Thank you all chingus and pretty squads here. I'm totally happy all time since I join this thread while watching my favourite drama. ^^ I am a big fan of Yoo Seung Ho (although can't finish those dramas he played before enter the military) I followed every dramas/movies since Joseon Magician in 2015. I have hope that Seung ho must be great if he could play RomCom (Lovesick/ Lovebirds like...more sincerely)....hahaha So I Am Not A Robot proved it all!! He's REALLY good in every role (Oh! I am so proud with my bias) >____< I'm glad that he can step over what really challenge for him! When he acted tearfully scene, I won't worried caused I know he could do it smooth just 1 take. But cringing scene ...I hope to see/ feel it...Thanks for those BTS ^^

As I mentioned before, I must thanks to Chae Soo Bin who support MK role till the end, their trust and reliance bring many sincerely scenes of this drama. Make us fall in love with MK JA AJ3...she will be one if my favourite K-actress. 

I like writer nim who can bring rom-com script good till the end and PD nim and crews as well. Some defects may be seen but I am willing to ignore them...keke. It's must be hard to carry on tight schedule with all things perfect. I wish all actors and crews are fine until last day..it works! This is my favourite drama since DOTS and Ruler Master of the Mask ^^

Ohh...I'm still in IANAR world, I don't want to work. All I want is to go back home and re-watching since the beginning again. I need fanfic/fanart Kyuah or Hobin couple...anything else. I need their interview for after the drama. I hope to hear that IANAR is so popular and make big income to our actors/crews/channel. I want them to show in variety show...keke who can bring Yoo Seung Ho on the show I will be your servant. He's quite introvert and preserve his private life. And he's talk straight not think much. That's his charming ^^

I have many things in my brain about IANAR that make me smile like an idiot ^^ Hahaha...but need stop here. I want to share all of you here, thank you for being with me. I read all shares/caption/ trans/ comments along the on airing drama for months, this one is my favourite page on mobile and desktop ^^ I checked this hourly ^^ I don't want to say good bye to anything/anyone ^^ I think my symptom will be last for month then. ^^

• Like 16
  • LOL 3

I've read on the characters' description that apparently Butler Sung would only leave when KMK has a woman to take care of him in his stead? I haven't watched in full the last two episodes yet, but I don't think I've seen the Butler leave. Right now that MK has JA I bet he did. If that's not the case (and the character description is wrong), I would've still liked some more screen time of him with MK.

One of the things I wished they fleshed out a bit more was Butler Sung. I wanted to know who he is, why he is so dedicated to MK, how his relationship with MK's father was, if he really is Madam X. I would've wanted to see him become a father figure to MK, walk him down the aisle, etc. I had hoped to see MK discover everything about the Butler and for once, not feel betrayed but grateful. If only we have 4 more episodes....

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Hiya. I took a listen to that section, and I'm afraid that JA doesn't say "Oppa why are you like this" when the shot widens. MG had just called Ji Ah an onion who still had layers and layers to peel back. JA had protested that description saying that she had nothing further to reveal to him, that she had told him everything. MG continues to tease her that there must be more. JA responds that she doesn't have any, really.

In Korean, the phrase that she says when she says "there isn't any" consists of 3 syllables which I'll write phonetically "eop-da-gu" which which the background music could sound as if she was saying "oppa" something, especially since she's saying other things as well, before and after as well.

I kind of knew my ears were deceiving me, but I just wished that... well LOL I must be still on the drama high. :lol: Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. that scene was cute nevertheless~

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, V said:

Thank you for a wonderful thread everyone! I had a really fun time on here with y'all and I hope to see you on some other threads in the future! :blush:

Thanks a lot chingu ... you lightened up our Wednesday & Thursday .. hope you success in what are you doing .. omoo i wanna cry .. pretty squad hug !!! :cold_sweat:

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, zzj1 said:

Congrats, you are perfectly normal.

That had me laughing, ahjussi! :lol: Komawo. 

And..loved your mini review btw! I love how you put it that IANAR is a love story done right in every way, because it truly is. It's just the right mix - from the OST to the actors to the plot, direction  and the whole production! Not too mushy and not too stale.

This will be surely remembered for a long time..and the memories we all shared here during our journey together with MK and JA will be treasured as well.  :) 

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

That had me laughing, ahjussi! :lol: Komawo. 

And..loved your mini review btw! I love how you put it that IANAR is a love story done right in every way, because it truly is. It's just the right mix - from the OST to the actors to the plot, direction  and the whole production! Not too mushy and not too stale.

This will be surely remembered for a long time..and the memories we all shared here during our journey together with MK and JA will be treasured as well.  :) 

I thought that was the best way to sum up my feelings about it. IANAR does not have earth-shattering moments, grandiose plot elements or big budget set pieces going for it. It's not a piece of grade A5 Wagyu steak served with caviar, but a simple bowl of ramen in winter with all the ingredients in perfect proportion and harmony, which makes it a work of beauty and passion.

My mini review is my way of saying goodbye to this rare drama and closing that particular door. I'm sure I will be reopening it when I get my wife to binge watch it soon enough, and I'll be there with her watching it all over again. 

EDIT: I'm listening to the OST on repeat while working now (yes I'm at work while typing all this stuff, lucky for me I'm sort of the boss around here :D , so yeah)

• Like 18
  • LOL 3

:blush::blush:

This ^^ is how was all through episode 32, and also while reading the comments on here (although I did tear up a little :cry: because its like well... the end).

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

They are just so comfortable with each other, even having their own little jokes from the time when JA pretended to be AJ3 and thus going into "friend mode", the casual skinship, the teasing, the mock fights, the easy rapport, and the laughter. I think I could just be happy watching episodes 15 and 16 over and over again, and seeing JA and MG interact once they had confessed their feelings for each other. Seeing the two of them just gives me some warm fuzzies. :)

Yes! And I loved all the pouty faces that MK made - Just way too cute! 

Honorable mentions. Beautiful sister in law (I'm glad they included us in on her giving birth), and super adorable Jo Dong Hyun.  I just want to hug her. :)

The ending also left me with cuddly warm fuzzies.  Thank you Writer Nim for wrapping everything up with a warm fuzzy bow on top. I can't believe its the end.

I'm with everyone else in that I truly hope to see these two work together again. A Sageuk would be great, but a fictional one. MUST HAVE HAPPY ENDING.

To the pretty squad: Thanks for making this so fun - from the little bets, to the live translations, RICE BALLS!!:lol:. Many times I found myself just laughing out loud while reading some of these posts, and having my daughters look at me strangely lol!

I actually joined the soompi community halfway through BTIMFL. If I had known what a fun community this was, I would have joined a long time ago. It's so nice to chat with people that have the same level of excitement for a show. 

Thanks everyone!!!:heart::heart:

btw,  @zzj1  You're a good man!! 

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest moo1304

reading what u guys posted makes me more in denial that this drama already finished..

i still refused to watch ep 31&32 in eng sub, cuz i feel like it will be a farewell to the drama :(

i hope that the drama production team knows that we value this drama so much although the rating is not good in korea, and they're not disappointing us because they really deliver us with a good drama,good casts and good writing.

btw, i love the BTS stills from the last kiss scene, YSH smile is contagious!! and poor them must be very cold!

i would like YSH n CSB to do a drama together in summer, though i dont think we will see them soon..

i hope they get a good rest!(esp CSB, cause in 2017 she did 3 dramas+1drama special)

and i saw her post saying she lost her precious dog 2 weeks ago, poor her..

EDIT:

lt's rewatch all the kiss scenes!