[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

21 hours ago, urd said:

Did they ever clarify who won the inventor's competition?

They did not mentioned it but I assumed she did not won since she raised her funds through crowfunding to manufacture her heart lamp.

I didn't realized I typed out too many words :tongue: 

Sorry for my feels, I am just bursting every time I talk about this drama :lol: 

I finally saw the last episode and I am super happy and glad that I stick with this drama till the end

:D it's not perfect (far from a perfect drama) but it definitely has a heart the size of the sun :lol: Of course the major contributor for this is definitely the OTP! They are sooo freaking cuute! I haven't seen a super cute OTP as them since MDBC (but I am surprised, despite being a big fan of Yoojung, I am liking this OTP more :lol: ) Gosh, I was never moved by YSH's loveliness (P.S. I like him as an actor and wished that I can watch him in the future but he keeps on doing melos which are not my type of drama so I keep on avoiding him *hides* but after this I might reconsider seeing some of it (adding to my to-watch list is Remember and Ruler which I already have downloaded since last year but still couldn't get a courage to start XD ) I am wishing he do more light dramas for a change (and for me to watch him - I am so selfish lol, please forgive me Yoopies :tongue: am still waiting for him and my girl YJ to be reunited preferably in a romcom ) He's so handsome as Kim Min Gyu and I honestly started to watch INAR because of him and Soo Bin's a familiar face to me and I quite like her the first time I saw her in MDBC. Never really expect anything to this drama, and I am skeptical if the OTP will be able to create a chemistry but lo and behold, they exceeded my expectations and now I am so inlove with them :love: I am not into shipping business because 1) It's hard and tiring, whether you like it or not there will be shipping wars; 2) I feel like it's intruding but I have to admit that I am secretly shipping some drama OTPs :tongue: and ChaeYoo is sooper close now as in super close for me to bend on my principles! lol. They are super freaking cute! Gosh this post has a lot of "cute" mentions LOL The BTS is not helping (That infamous make-out session scene BTS in the kitchen :tongue: - already lose count on how many times I repeat it).

Now, back to the drama, sorry for my ramblings :tongue:

What I like about the drama:

- Girl power! The girls here had hold their own. They have different characteristics and they are strong woman. I liked all of them tho I have to admit I kind of hated Ri El first :lol: but thankfully she proved me wrong, so Ri El, sorry for judging you so quick.

- The reversals. I love all of the reversed role of Min Kyu and Ji Ah, like when Ji Ah put the necklace to MK (tho that was directed by MK :lol: but still :heart: ), their first kiss initiated by JA, MK is the one who's good at cooking and JA was bad :lol: (usually, girls are expected to be good at cooking), aside from his allergy, MK looks like a capable man to can defend himself but I like it whenever Ji Ah's being protective to him e.g. car scene where she put her arm in front of him when the taxi suddenly swerved to their direction and when she overheard MK's employees badmouthing him, she's so mad to the girls lol  

- Santa Maria Team and MK. I love the relationship that had grown between them. It started off as a condition so that MK can keep Aji3/JA but it so heartwarming when the team realized that developed a real concern for him and vice versa. That dinner scene in the last episode was so cute, MK wanted them to stay but of course he's not too good with words but good thing JA was there.

- The reunion of MK and YC. I am so glad that he did not went full evil and turn back to the good side after realizing what he had done to MK unintentionally.

_ Jin Bae and MK. When the power dynamics had switched lol Their awkward interactions was hilarious for me. It's funny because I think JB and MK have a lot of similarities in personality. Their dilemma with JB's resignation was so funny. The Hyung...nim and Min Kyu ah :lol: and MK's "Why did you live like that Min Kyu?" when he realized how badly he treated Jin Bae in the past and when he realized that he's JA's brother :lol: 

- Sun Hye. I love her so much! She's like the voice of us in the drama. Her boldness is in a different level. I can't still forget her conversation with MK after his outburst. It is still one of my favorite scene. I like the way she talked to him like "I don't give a damn about you, you're hurting my BFF and you need to stop" she's threatening him LOL and I might be the only one here who thinks her loveline with Hokktal was unnecessary XD

- Chae Soo Bin. Gosh, she's really something! I first saw her in MDBC and while her screentime is super minimal, she had made a good impression and did shine in some of her scenes (I specially love her performance in EP17 where she saw Raon and Lee Young through the slightly opened door, the look on her face says everything. She's good because I also checked her other dramas Strongest Deliveryman, Rebel, House of Bluebird (it's long I only watched her and Lee Sang Yeop's scenes) and that one-act drama If I Were A Season. So far on what I've seen from her, I can confidently say that her Jo Ji Ah/Aji3 was her best performance yet and among her on-screen partners, she looks best with Yoo Seung Ho, no bias tho in my opinion Jang Dong Yoon is a competition. Like others here already mentioned Soobin's not only played 2 characters, but 3 and she did it so well. I sympathized on her portrayal of Ji Ah, I had laughed on her antics as Jiah the fauxbot and I am so touched by Aji3's innocence. Hoping for the best for this young lady and hoping that her and Yoo Seung Ho get a chance to work again in the future.

- Yoo Seung Ho. I can't believe that he's super handsome haha. Because pre-INAR I just see him as an alright looking guy may be I still see him as a kid, have the same problem with Yeo Jin Gu actually XD But he's super charming and very attractive in this drama I fell in love with his eye acting :love: I've been reading about him that he's a good crier and while I only seen him in Arang the Magistrate as the God of heaven, I already know that he's good and wishing for him to do a romcom. His cry scenes in INAR had me cried bucket of tears. He's so good I dunno how he does it XD. His portrayal of Min Kyu was just great, MK was nasty sometimes and really have an attitude problem but I never hated him for that, probably because it's Yoo Seung Ho and it's hard to hate on him and I'd rather sympathized with him. He gave depth to MK and if MK was played by a lesser capable actor, I dunno if I'm gonna like MK the way that I like him now.

I will forever treasure Seung Ho's embarrassed acting in that scene where he realized that he made a fool out of himself in front of Ji Ah and President Jo :lol: I love his comedic timing, he's super cute!

Not really a fan of the angst part of this drama but those scenes were vital so I'll just live with it.

And also, I've been reading in some sites that some are saying that him going to the military was random and unnecessary and they just throw it there. In my opinion, aside from the fact that it paralleled to the first scene where he was summoned to enlist, it is also an indication that MK was completely healed. I was away from Ji Ah for 2 years, in active duty with lots of people around him, I've been thinking that that is the writer's way to tell us that he's finally cure and can go out on his own for a very long time.

I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of MK and JA and I am wishing for more BTS please! Is there a news if they are going to produce a DVD for this drama? I mean I know it did not do well domestically but it's safe to say that it's quite huge internationally, also wondering if they'll gonna release an OST album because I would love to have it in my collection as a memorabilia.

Gosh! I'm sorry for the long post :tongue: 

• Like 7

23 hours ago, urd said:

Did they ever clarify who won the inventor's competition?

Yap... i would assume our pretty babe won it..heeee...

1 hour ago, SpiritGambler said:

I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of MK and JA and I am wishing for more BTS please! Is there a news if they are going to produce a DVD for this drama? I mean I know it did not do well domestically but it's safe to say that it's quite huge internationally, also wondering if they'll gonna release an OST album because I would love to have it in my collection as a memorabilia.

Omgggg... really looooong post ops ops... ok juz pulling yr leg ya...

Aw man anyway u guys (who r still posting here heeee) are making me *sob* ... miss the cuties...wawawaaa

rRS9gVY.jpg

6Dhp2eJ.jpg

epUJJ4i.jpg

Ok chill... need to start another new drama... *cough*:glasses:

Oh yesss...do checkout this fun event thread:

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/415026-drama-tropes-we-love-and-hate/?do=findComment&comment=20987584

main-bg2.jpg?resize=660%2C400

Review

K-Drama Review: “I’m Not A Robot” Glides Dazzling Romance That Is One-of-a-Kind

By abbyinhallyuland | January 28, 2018

I’m Not A Robot skids to a bizarre love tale that gets better with each story chapter!

I’m not a Robot communicates how the heart believes what the situation tries to conceal. It affirms how reciprocated love is felt even if it is not vocally declared.

Spoiler

I'm not a Robot

Title: I’m not a Robot
Distributor: MBC
Theme: Romantic Comedy
Length: 32 Episodes (Back-to-Back)
Airing Date: 06 Dec 2017 – 25 Jan 2018
Cast: Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin, Uhm Ki Joon
Overall Rating: 4.gif?resize=80%2C16
Re-watch Value: 4.gif?resize=80%2C16
Plus Factors: Endearing Love Story, Witty Humor, Bubbly Main Cast
Oh No Moment: Bland Side Conflict

Arguably a collective favorite of rom-com followers from 2017 tail-end K-dramas, I’m Not A Robot is a happy and easy watch with graspable direction and endearing romance on the side.

Pacing to an interesting love milieu, the story of a man who stumbled on the peculiar cure for his extreme human allergy, confronts the reality of how his newfound liberty to interact with people, comes with the price of admitting that he is in love with a robot. To complicate his situation, he learns that his reservations are pointless since the supposed android he can’t love, is actually a woman, who is commissioned to pretend that she is not a human.

Spoiler

I'm Not A Robot

Highlights

Tailor Made For Romance Cravers

I’m not a Robot adorably captures familiar romantic elements, which audience can surely relate to. The smooth and quirky first half of the story focuses on the lead man’s newfound world of emotions he obtained from the android introduced to his life.

Yoo Seung Ho, as a love struck chaebol, is the best visualization of BTS’ “Boy in Love” hit single. When the plot shifts to incorporate the betrayal related complication, the love couple renders a heartfelt confrontation scene. From then, they acknowledge their love for each other without lies and inhibitions.

Running on heart flutters and bliss theme, the PD did a great job of capturing momentous sweet scenes for the main couple. He chose picturesque locations to fit the mood of setting. On that note, I would also like to say how the kiss scenes are pocketed so well in the story.

I'm not a robot

Yoo Seung Ho

From his bag with emotional drama scene expertise, Yoo Seung Ho has had me at his command on those why-did-you-lie-to-me frames as well as those omg-am-I-in-love-with-a robot soliloquies.

Considered to be an effective drama actor, his switch to a light role raises another “oppa cult following”. His role as a man, who secludes himself to human interaction, delights the viewers when he reaches his bewildering love predicament.

Jugglers

Bright Character Sketching

The cast as a whole, even the unnecessary small roles, helps the refreshing simplicity of the narrative. Team Santa Maria and cafe-owner-relationship-guru assist in the humor inserted in the narrative. Chae Soo Bin, who plays dual roles, contributes to the quirks and sentiments of the chronicle. The apparent downplaying of the villains’ wickedness meter influences the focus on the romantic journey of the story.

Drawback

Awkward Supporting Conflict

The intention to resolve the hero’s battle on his position to the company is hinted to come true even on the early goings of I’m Not A Robot. But, it feels like an awkward puzzle piece, because of how the love narrative is creatively imagined. Thankfully, it does not drag that long or it would have marred the beautiful times captured in the narrative.

Spoiler

I'm not a robot

Plot Summary

Kim Min Kyu (Yoo Seung Ho) suffers from extreme human allergy. He lives his life with as little human interaction as possible. A robot, Aji 3, developed from his company’s funding is introduced to him, and he grows easily attached to it. He also realizes that whenever Aji 3 is beside him, his allergy does not happen. What he isn’t aware is the robot that he is interacting with is really a human. The actual robot needs to be fixed, so the lead developer finds his ex-girlfriend Jo Ji Ah (Chae Soo Bin) to help, who is the character model of Aji 3. With Min Kyu confronting his emotions with the robot, Ji Ah realizes that she has the same feelings. A charming tale of trust, betrayal and forgiveness, I’m not a Robot will warm your heart with its sunny demeanor and cute love story.

Spoiler

I'm not a robot

Recommendation

I’m not a Robot is easy to love due to its quick pacing and endearing cast.  Less the corporate world related conflict attached to the hero’s character, everything in the drama sails smoothly.

If you like saccharine stories, this drama is perfect for you. It notches well the bullet points of addictive romantic comedy. Light and sassy… sweet and steady.

Takeaway Quotes

“You need to know how to say goodbye to old friends.”

“Do you know when you will feel that you are alive? That’s when you fall in love.”

Spoiler

http://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-i-m-not-a-robot/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Oh first week without our beloved drama.  :bawling:   I'm missing them!

Thanks everyone for the updates, articles, video clips and mvs etc. I can't move on!

Here are my creations. 

pos4qjO.png

Larger image: https://i.imgur.com/YjdusnX.png

sPBq3oP.png

Larger image: https://i.imgur.com/jq8AMsH.png

I found more fanarts to share with you.

Spoiler

• Like 4

7 hours ago, k8telyn said:

Oh first week without our beloved drama.  :bawling:   I'm missing them!

Thanks everyone for the updates, articles, video clips and mvs etc. I can't move on!

Thank you for sharing your art. They're really well done.

Have you tried watching Strongest Deliveryman? It isn't nearly as good as INAR, but it does have CSB in a similar role as a much tougher JiA. They even have the same "accidentally falling into his arms; waiting for a kiss" and "yelling at her love not to walk away from her" scenes that we saw in INAR.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, urd said:

Thank you for sharing your art. They're really well done.

Have you tried watching Strongest Deliveryman? It isn't nearly as good as INAR, but it does have CSB in a similar role as a much tougher JiA. They even have the same "accidentally falling into his arms; waiting for a kiss" and "yelling at her love not to walk away from her" scenes that we saw in INAR.

Thanks so much for the compliment.  I will check out Strongest Deliveryman as you suggested! :D

Ji Ah's confession....beautiful scene.

VAAAJdl.png

larger image: https://i.imgur.com/lwtdWms.png

Cute fanarts!!

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/01/yoo-seung-ho-shares-honest-thoughts-low-viewership-ratings-not-robot/

Yoo Seung Ho Shares His Honest Thoughts On Low Viewership Ratings For “I Am Not A Robot”

Yoo Seung Ho recently sat down for an interview, where he discussed “I Am Not a Robot” and its low viewership ratings.

See Also: Chae Soo Bin, Yoo Seung Ho, And Uhm Ki Joon Bid Farewell To "I Am Not A Robot"

During the interview, Yoo Seung Ho talked about how he felt after he first saw the viewership ratings. He shared, “To be honest, after I saw the ratings for our first episode, I couldn’t look at the director in the eyes at the filming set the next day. You can’t blame the actor completely, but in a way, the actor is at fault as well. I couldn’t look at Chae Soo Bin‘s face either.”

“However, I thought that I had to ease that atmosphere somehow. So I playfully said, ‘What are we going to do about the viewership ratings?’ first, and tried to ease the atmosphere by laughing. Thankfully, I heard the drama was popular overseas during the middle of airing, and it became a big source of strength. We joked amongst ourselves, ‘A three percent viewership rating really means viewers with the top three percent taste.'”

Yoo Seung Ho candidly stated, “I do think the viewership ratings were a bit disappointing as well. However, if you remove the ratings, the actors were good, the director’s producing style was good, and everything was perfect and good.”

The actor remarked, “A lot of people seemed unsure if I would do an interview because the drama didn’t do that well. I probably wouldn’t have if I looked only at the drama’s ratings. However, I’m happy with just the fact that I filmed this drama, and I wanted to brag about the drama.”

He added, “We concluded that the fact that there was no prior Wednesday-Thursday drama due to the MBC strike was a large factor. The drama also may have seemed hard to approach because it included ‘robot’ in the title. Of course there are disappointing aspects, but I don’t want to evaluate this drama with the number [from the ratings] alone.”

Yoo Seung Ho continued on to reveal, “Of all the productions I’ve filmed so far, [I Am Not a Robot] was the happiest set for me. I think it may remain the happiest production even in the future.”

He added with a laugh, “I didn’t know I would come to like this drama so much. It was fun while I was filming, and I still like it so much even after it’s over. It’s strange. There are usually a lot of cases where you grow more affection for a drama because it achieves high viewership ratings and good results. ‘I Am Not a Robot’ had low viewership ratings, but why do I like it so much?”

Catch Yoo Seung Ho in “I Am Not a Robot” below, if you haven’t already!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Guest moo1304
1 hour ago, k8telyn said:

We joked amongst ourselves, ‘A three percent viewership rating really means viewers with the top three percent taste.

He added with a laugh, “I didn’t know I would come to like this drama so much. It was fun while I was filming, and I still like it so much even after it’s over. It’s strange. There are usually a lot of cases where you grow more affection for a drama because it achieves high viewership ratings and good results. ‘I Am Not a Robot’ had low viewership ratings, but why do I like it so much?”

YSH baby... ur drama has a good result too.. overseas love it... and yeah i agree that 3% rating for the viewers with top taste

Wow... tks all for the interview updates:).

Oh @Berou u making me having that uniform fantasy again... heee.

Ok ok chill... u definitely deserve a prize!!

Spoiler

wKCB700.jpg

Fun fri n wonderful weekend all!!

I’m Not a Robot Episodes 17-24 Review: Reset and Repeat

by India Hunter on Fri, Feb 02, 2018

010bef92-ab04-4186-b86c-22aea5e410f0.png

Min Kyu and Ji A have bonded and no amount of metal can hide it. The seriousness of putting Min Kyu’s life at risk by exposing him to a human unknowingly has finally come home to roost and the team is heartbroken and feeling responsible. But more than allergies have been risked and Min Kyu and Ji A’s hearts refuse to be torn apart from each other. In order to keep Min Kyu alive, everyone is going to reset the situation… or at least, they will try. President Hwang and his son have other plans. Join Drama Debussie and I, Wendilynn, as we talk about these episodes of I’m Not a Robot.

Full Recap:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/im-not-a-robot-episodes-17-24-review-reset-and-repeat/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m Not a Robot Episodes 25 - 32 Review: Secrets, Lies and Videotape

by India Hunter on Fri, Feb 02, 2018

1de48b4f-cc12-4cf0-812d-b24de1a9d978.png

Well, drama clubbers, we’ve reached the end of this adorable journey, and I'm Not a Robot clearly couldn’t let us leave without having ALL the secrets flow out like the Han River before we said goodbye. As painful as the process may have been, Min Kyu’s understanding of how everyone lied to him in some shape or form was necessary, freeing, and brought home a fact about life. We hurt each other. It’s inevitable. However, those that hurt us and our ability to forgive them makes for a well-rounded existence.

Full Recap:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/im-not-a-robot-episodes-25---32-review--secrets-lies-and-videotape/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoo Seung Ho Talks About Wearing A Military Uniform For “I’m Not A Robot”

K. Lew February 2, 2018

Yoo-Seung-Ho-2-e1517616407309.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho recently played the heart-stopping, perfect male lead Kim Min Kyu who was allergic to humans in MBC’s “I’m Not a Robot.” Despite it being his first romantic comedy role, he was able to pull of the sweet romance with his co-star Chae Soo Bin.

On the army discharge scene in the last episode, Yoo Seung Ho shared, “In the beginning, the director told me that the end of the drama had already been decided. I thought that as we filmed, the ending could be changed, but the drama really concluded with the discharge scene.” He continued, “There wasn’t time to prepare anything, so I wore the army uniform and beret that I actually wore while I was in the army. I just changed the name tag and filmed. If I hadn’t gone to the army, I think it would have been a bit embarrassing to film that scene.”

Yoo Seung Ho joked, “Maybe it was because it had been a while since I wore my uniform, but it was hard. Even wearing it made me frustrated and angry.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/02/yoo-seung-ho-talks-wearing-military-uniform-im-not-robot/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, oneandthree said:
Are they doing the survey now?

Hi to all of you :) is this like a longer version of the drama? As in with longer scenes? 

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1