[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

Regarding Madam X, I think she's just some loyal ex-employee of MG's dad just like Butler, after the demise of MG's parents it looks like she indirectly and Butler directly took care of MG as afterall a kid cannot single-handedly take care of himself, I think their characters explanation scene got cut out due to time constraint. 

I keep lurking around ep 31, don't want to watch yet as once I do it would mean the show is really over tho its a different matter that I did watch already through livestreaming:D

I hope Kdrama gods bless us with another rom-com this good asap.

@stroppyse you seem to have gotten addicted to translating, I just hope it isn't as serious as Hanyang's. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, zzj1 said:

I thought that was the best way to sum up my feelings about it. IANAR does not have earth-shattering moments, grandiose plot elements or big budget set pieces going for it. It's not a piece of grade A5 Wagyu steak served with caviar, but a simple bowl of ramen in winter with all the ingredients in perfect proportion and harmony, which makes it a work of beauty and passion.

My mini review is my way of saying goodbye to this rare drama and closing that particular door. I'm sure I will be reopening it when I get my wife to binge watch it soon enough, and I'll be there with her watching it all over again. 

EDIT: I'm listening to the OST on repeat while working now (yes I'm at work while typing all this stuff, lucky for me I'm sort of the boss around here :D , so yeah)

Listen to OST is a post-drama syndrome ,me too keep listening and sneak out of time in office watched their cute BTS .. too bad i'm only a slave here :wink:  your write up was so beautiful sir .. hehe :D Happy PSD chingu .. i will watched finale tonight and rewatched from Ep. 1 this weekend. Thanks Astro PVR .. my life saver :bawling:

• Like 10

Chae Soo Bin, Yoo Seung Ho, And Uhm Ki Joon Bid Farewell To “I Am Not A Robot”

Chae-Soo-Bin-Yoo-Seung-Ho-Uhm-Ki-Joon1.j

With MBC’s “I Am Not a Robot” coming to an end on January 25, Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin, and Uhm Ki Joon gave their final thoughts on the drama.

“I Am Not a Robot” was a romantic comedy that told the story of a man who has an allergy to humans and a woman who has to pretend to be a robot. The drama ended with high praise for the actors and viewers enjoyed the sweet story that unfolded.

Yoo Seung Ho called the drama, “A heartwarming drama that warmed everyone up this cold winter,” and said, “As this was my first time being in a romantic comedy, I worried a lot about my character and how I should portray him, and I think that has helped me grow and learn a lot as an actor. The time I spent as Min Kyu will remain with me for a long time as happy and meaningful memories. I was happy to have the honor of working with such a great director and crew, and I also want to thank the actors who worked alongside me. Finally, I want to thank all our viewers who gave us their unwavering love and support.”

Yoo-Seung-Ho-Chae-Soo-Bin3.jpg

Chae Soo Bin also opened up about her experience and said, “I was happy to have played a part in creating this heartwarming drama. ‘I Am Not a Robot’ has been a new experience for me. It’s the first time that I played two roles simultaneously, and the first time I played a robot. Though I was worried about taking on such a role for the first time, I was able to enjoy my time on set thanks to everyone around me. Most of all, I gained a lot of strength from our viewers who supported us, and we were able to wrap up the drama on a high. I hope this drama will remain a warm memory in the hearts of people who stayed with us till the end.”

Uhm-Ki-Joon1.jpg

Uhm Ki Joon talked about his time on the drama and stated, “I had so much fun playing a role that wasn’t a bad guy for the first time in a while. It was a great experience. I hope to greet you again with another great project in the future. Till then, stay healthy and happy.”

I-Am-Not-a-Robot2.jpgSource: https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/26/chae-soo-bin-yoo-seung-ho-uhm-ki-joon-bid-farewell-not-robot/

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess most of you are like me now,suffering the effects of post kdrama ending.One of the effects is replaying the OSTs over and over again.Here's some covers of the OSTs that I found on youtube.Looks like most of them are doing the covers of the 3rd and 4th OST.Of course there's more.So if you can't get enough of the OSTs,why not try listening to some covers instead of just the original:)

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

I love reading all these netizens' comments. IANAR is loved by Koreans actually. 

Just finish watching the last two episodes with Engsub. Aaaah this drama is amazing and the ending is SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL I CAAAAAANNNN'TTTT. This writer is everything! Gomawooo MBC, casts, crew, writernim and pdnim. And also for chingus here, you are daevvvvvaaaak! I need to backread now.

Things that need to be highlighted;

1. No proposal scene but Ji Ah wore the necklace! So subtle and heartwarming.

2. In the last scene in ep. 32, KMG got enlisted as his allergy is cured. Mirroring the very first scene in ep. 1. And it also turned out that he bought all Ji Ah's previous inventions. OMG! They are just destined from the start!

3. In the 2 years, everyone was doing a great job; not just waiting for KMG without doing nothing.

4. Ssanip finally got a girl! hahaha. He frequently spoke English and in the end he got an englishwoman. Aaah sooo delighting.

5. That scene of Sun Hye and Hoktal in the cinema.hahaha. with Ssanip throwing popcorn, really mirrors what KMG imagined before (the one with Ri El)

6. Ri El and Yoo Cheol finally got together! Omoooonaaa so happy.

7. Pi and BG finally got together as well and they both changed their hairdos hahaha.

8. Santa Maria Team came back with a new robot, a male one. They didn't show us the face but by showing only the back part, I am already happy. It is so subtle but really confirming that they are advanced in this robot industry.

9. YC's Dad in the jail. Yeep you deserved to be there.

10. The 'secret' mirrorring between MG and Dong Hyun. First, DH asked MG to keep secret about how they met. Then, MG asked DH to keep secret that JA was the woman he liked so much. So adorable!

11. We got a baby! So happy that they finally showed us the delivery scene of Hong Joo.

12. Jin Bae hyung and MG. Omooo they are so adorable when starting to call 'hyung' and 'Min Kyu'.

13. The ending scene while everyone was waiting inside (not shown but JA said it, so relieving) and JA was welcoming MG. That was a looooong kiss btw hahaha. I notice that the umbrella and bag were moving, so they mustn't have frozen it. I wonder how they did the filming. Salute them for staying in that cold night, with that pose, for such a long time as well.

14. MG looked at the family photo and said that he wanted to meet JA's appa. Aaaah so heartwarming.

15. The umbrella made an appearance again, now the blue one. It is also mirroring their first kiss. First kiss; JA said 'this time is when we must kiss' and JA pressed the button. The last kiss; MG did it all.

16. MG found and saw all the sketches of JA's invention, making him love JA more.

17. YC and the butler. Aaah so glad thatthe butler had a talk with him about their childhood.

18. YC and MG reunited. Finally after 15 years!

19. MG and YC Appa's convo in the jail. I love how MG said "you and my appa were separated as enemies, but YC and I are different." another mirroring. You're rocks, MG!

20. When Pi and BG were dating in that game zone, Pi said that the winner would pay for the movie and she would be the winner so she could pay for it. Pi also asked BG out first, so sunhye-like! I adore you more!

21. How cute it is that they celebrated Ssanip-the-only-one-who-wasnt-dating instead of the main casts? hahaha. This family is soo lovely. KMG, you really have got a family now!

22. In ep. 27, KMG touched the heartlamp while in the last ep., JA did it. Another mirroring! 

This drama IS LOVE! Everything about this drama is LOVEEEEEE! They really paid attention to every single detail! Indeed, IANAR is a warm drama to accompany you passing through this cold winter.

*sorry for listing them randomly, chingu.hehe

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, k8telyn said:

Sorry, I didn't have a chance to go through all the pages yet. :blush: I think I will probably be crying listening to all the OSTs.

Ok, why is my heart feeling so heavy? sniff sniff  Why am I feeling like I'm losing a friend? :bawling:

oh, it's ok!! who wuld say no to the repost of such MV and OST?!! :wink::love: I feel you!! I'm the same!! :bawling: I'm not ready to say goodbye yet!! :bawling:

@USAFarmgirl your words always touch my heart deeply!! :heart::thumbsup: why did you need to make me cry (again) now!! :bawling:

now :wub::love::blush:

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, haney207 said:

omo omo I am waiting all day to see this photo :tongue:

I FEEL YOU CHINGUUUU. GAAAAH THANK YOUUUUU. Read that YSH came late and left earlier last night but THIS PIC REALLY SAVES MY DAAAAAYYY.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, blissfullyblessed said:

Good morning everyone!:wub:

The ending was very sweet. Can’t help grinning until the very end. It is so hard to let go KMK and Jia. Hoping for a collaboration of CSB and YSH again in the future. A romantic historical drama perhaps?!!

Thank you so much everyone for the live recaps, HD pictures and lovely gifs. I hope @Berou will allow me to camp at her other thread until YSH’s new project.:lol:

***back to re-watching the drama***

looks like many of us are hoping for their historical drama together!! :lol::wink:

you're welcome, you're welcome!! :D we're happy to have more company there!! :wink::D

8 hours ago, Josh Marquez said:

The drama ended but until now we don’t know who Madam X is. Hahahahah

hhhhhhhhhh that's an everlast mistery for us and our Min Kyu knowing he have someone out there having his back with nothing in return?!! :wink: I'd like to think about it that way!! :D

6 hours ago, macello said:

I've read on the characters' description that apparently Butler Sung would only leave when KMK has a woman to take care of him in his stead? I haven't watched in full the last two episodes yet, but I don't think I've seen the Butler leave. Right now that MK has JA I bet he did. If that's not the case (and the character description is wrong), I would've still liked some more screen time of him with MK.

One of the things I wished they fleshed out a bit more was Butler Sung. I wanted to know who he is, why he is so dedicated to MK, how his relationship with MK's father was, if he really is Madam X. I would've wanted to see him become a father figure to MK, walk him down the aisle, etc. I had hoped to see MK discover everything about the Butler and for once, not feel betrayed but grateful. If only we have 4 more episodes....

yeah I remember that part of the character discription but I still hope he didn't really leave!! but even if he did retire I believe he'll keep visiting our boy who's like a son to him!! :wub:

can't they add 4 more episodes now?.... :(

6 hours ago, swagpuppysong said:

I'm still crying every time I hear the OST..Can someone here help me?!? :unsure:

we need help as well!! let's cry together then!! :tears:

8 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:blink:RiCE BALLS !!! *yum yum...burp*...

(Poke @sakura2016 : me having ingestion ...hahaaahhaa... need to do some cleaning like u heeee:tongue:)

Ops pardon... juz letting u know this pic is legit... hahhaaa ... it's in mbc website.:glasses:

hhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm still not having enough *yum yum* want more *yum yum*

oh myyyyyyyyyyyy Yoo Seung Ho pics in uniform!! :love: are you trying to kill me chingu?!! :love:

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

They are just so comfortable with each other, even having their own little jokes from the time when JA pretended to be AJ3 and thus going into "friend mode", the casual skinship, the teasing, the mock fights, the easy rapport, and the laughter. I think I could just be happy watching episodes 29,30 and 31,32 over and over again, and seeing JA and MG interact once they had confessed their feelings for each other. Seeing the two of them just gives me some warm fuzzies. :)

edit: *sigh* I still can't get used to 2 half episodes versus full 1 hour long episodes. :) 

I so loved this scene and how they went back to their old days when Ji Ah was believed to be Aji 3 but this time is more adorable because the truth is out and they are enjoying reliving those memories in a new light while being lovers and friends awwwww :heart:

hhhhhhhhh same with me!! don't know if I'll ever get used to it!! :lol:

:wub::love:

• Like 10

Guest moo1304

@haney207 finally! they are in 1 frame and sit together. lol

from the full photo i think they have another venue or afterparty aside from the wrap up party venue ..it looks like a bar cafe..the table menu is full of alchohol drinks. 

i saw that actors,pd n closer crews tend to have 2nd round of farewell party. the first party is usually for media

5 hours ago, j9sshi said:

I'm with everyone else in that I truly hope to see these two work together again. A Sageuk would be great, but a fictional one. MUST HAVE HAPPY ENDING.

Happy Ending is A MUST!! hihihihi

sorry if there is any repost of these MVs!! :tongue::wub:

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@stroppyse hey, I was just kidding, along with these whole batch of dramas ending at once I would miss you a lot. I know many times you must have been considerate to translate just because someone randomly requested you to, even when you weren't in the mood, love you for this. I'm looking forward to the next drama we both would watch.

• Like 8

I was looking on YT for more bts clips. I realized I didn't finish watching YSH & CSB's  VLIVE, so I finally finished it. It was cute to see their interaction towards each other in the beginning of the drama (I think they said they would be filming ep 9 - 10). 

I wish they would do another one of these now that the show is over.  I would love to see how they interact with each other now, even though they seemed pretty comfortable with each other back then :)

(I hope its okay to post this link:)

https://youtu.be/Z1B62ISGLKA

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4