[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

Ok y'all. I am happy about the kiss..... but I don't know how we quite got there. Did SH like JH this whole time? If so, I wish they would have shown us this. What happened from last week to the end of this weeks episode? When did he start liking her? How? When? I guess I don't understand how SH got to this point. Was he just scared of hurting JH this whole time and that's why he was holding back?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, kelmaoneko said:

OMG HAHAHAHA! Guys, what does this say about our awkward landlord? :D

Can we expect to see fifty shades of our see hee shi..??Lol now I understand how the smooth kisses came from SH??.. He definitely did some amount of research work by reading books lol:tongue:.. He is a nerd of course!!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

6 minutes ago, mapleoaks4 said:

Ok y'all. I am happy about the kiss..... but I don't know how we quite got there. Did SH like JH this whole time? If so, I wish they would have shown us this. What happened from last week to the end of this weeks episode? When did he start liking her? How? When? I guess I don't understand how SH got to this point. Was he just scared of hurting JH this whole time and that's why he was holding back?

Still have to watch it with subs, but from the raw and the few translations we got I think this ep shows a lot of SH pov, hence we kinda find out he's been liking her since the start but was too afraid coz of his past relationship. The whole trip to the in-laws, plus her change of attitude in this ep have been what finally broke his wall. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Oh damn!.. is that 50 shades???

oh damn! damn!...i am legit rolling on the floor..

Just imagine:

SH coming in shirtless with a hunter in hand and asking jiho.. uhmm well

Lol!!! It will be just out of the world.. I can't imagine the scenario :ph34r:..Our se hee shi can't be this bold.. He can take only reference not do the same whole thingy lol:tongue:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I quickly browsed through the episode to find some context... so this is after SH sees SG-SJ's contract and shows it to JH, after which they both panic upon realising that their contract must now be in their hands. (which btw, freaking hilarious!)

JH passes some side dishes to SJ from her mother.

SJ: Thank you. I should go greet your mother too. Is she doing alright?

JH: Yes, of course.

SJ: She's not sick or anything?

JH: Mm. Of course.

SJ: And she knows that you married because of rent?

JH: Mm... Of..

SJ: Your rent is only 250,000 won. Where can you find such a room? If you're ok with it, can I go after 2 years is up? As your husband's next wife?

JH: Hey!

SJ: What?! As if you did anything right. Crazy woman.

SG: Crazy man. Whatever it was... how could you... marriage...

SH: Well, people have different ways of living.

SG: How can you because of a house?! Because of something like rent?!

SH: What do you mean because of a house... or because of something like rent... (when you know) how important is a house, and how scary is (not having) money.

SH: To me it may be just an empty room, but to someone it was a much needed room, an urgently needed space. I'm just sharing it using an appropriate arrangement. And of course, I needed the money.

SG: Does JH remind you of that 'friend'? 

JH: I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about my fake marriage.

SJ: Of course you couldn't. How could you? And why are you sorry to me anyway? You're the one who's suffering.

JH just links arms with SJ (aww so lovely they are). 

SJ: Are you really alright?

JH: Of course, this was something I chose. You know I take a long time to decide, but I don't really regret once I make a choice.

SJ: It's because this doesn't just seem like a "thing" to you. You like your husband.. no, your landlord, don't you?

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 12

1 minute ago, kelmaoneko said:

I'm sorry but I feel like the writers PUT THAT BOOK THERE ON PURPOSE. I haven't read the trilogy, but can someone shed some light on what happens in the books (that might relate to our couple) instead of kinky bondage stuff? :D

You have Christian Grey who is rich and beautiful. He doesn’t do relationship. He met Anastasia. He is attracted to her because she is in’ocent, Virgin and scared of everything. 

He wants her and do a contract so they can have sex. Bdsm sex. 

You see how they break up and rekindle. How bdsm is seen a dangerous and traumatic. 

That the typical the girl save the bad body and gives him a heart. 

In between you have a lot smut. 

Anyways SH doesn’t read it because it’s great littérature. A lot of people read it for the smut. I can’t believe this.

SH READING 50 shades of grey. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, kelmaoneko said:

I'm sorry but I feel like the writers PUT THAT BOOK THERE ON PURPOSE. I haven't read the trilogy, but can someone shed some light on what happens in the books (that might relate to our couple) instead of kinky bondage stuff? :D

Theirs was also a contract relationship but in different basis.. The ex of grey or we can say ex lover of grey was trying to kill off ana.. I don't think the ex of SH will be that dangerous.. I think it's just coincidence nothing else.. :tongue::ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, meiil said:

Still have to watch it with subs, but from the raw and the few translations we got I think this ep shows a lot of SH pov, hence we kinda find out he's been liking her since the start but was too afraid coz of his past relationship. The whole trip to the in-laws, plus her change of attitude in this ep have been what finally broke his wall. 

I understand Korean, so I understood this episode, but there wasn't any particular scene or moment that clarified this? I'm hoping it will be shown in the next episode? If it was cause he was scared of hurting her, how and why did he decide to move forward? 

• Like 5

The convo between SH and SG after they stepped out of the lift was cute too. SH really is a sly one!

Spoiler

From 1:30 (just the gist of it)

SG asked SH why he entered into the fake marriage contract, wouldn't he be scared off by marriage? Was it because the wife can manage his cat and pay him rent? 

SH said "Yeoppoooo...!" 

Then SH asked SG, "if there's a pretty woman in front of you, do you look at her, or not?"

"If you want to look at that pretty woman every day, would you want to marry, or not?"

Edited: I got sg and sh mixed up 

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

And continuing from that scene...

SJ: It doesn't seem like that in the beginning... did you fall for him while living together?

JH starts nodding...

JH: No... maybe it was from the beginning... I don't really know when it started.

SJ: What bout him? Does he like you too?

JH: No. He doesn't even know that I like him.

JH (voiceover): There must be a way into (his) heart... and if there was a way, there must have been a start somewhere... 

HR looks at a bankbook and flashes back to when WS and her just moved into their rooftop house.

HR: Wow, you made it! WS, let's promise to each put in 500,000 won every month. Then after we save up, we can move to better place after 3 years.

WS: Sure. Look, we already have 1,000,000 won in there. Won't we have enough to get a (really expensive?) house at this rate?

HR: I like apartments more though.

WS: Well then... *aims for a kiss*

She looks carefully at the savings records - she had consistently saved on her part, and WS' savings were one-digit less, and in varying amounts.

WS is thinking of his meeting with HR's mother.

HR's mother: Ah, I feel much more at ease now. You mustn't make our HR live such a hard life anymore. 

WS: Yes.

HR's mother: Here, a gift for your new job. Work hard and long at the company! Don't even think about developing things on your own now, ok?

WS: Yes. Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 6

@cherryblossomkawai @qynn I almost forgot we have to prepare for the ex appearance.

Can she just appear for 5 minutes in the next episode and disappear. Then we can have episode 13-16 without her. She's bound to make an appearance so why not just come out and get it over with. Haha

No i mean in all seriousness, i feel like there's some unresolved issue between SH and the ex. Its not necessary love, but even when people fall out of love or maybe something else, there can also be some unresolved issue like what made SH shut down his heart to love anyone else. I'm talking about before he met JH. Is he the one who hurt her 12 years ago? Or was he the one who got hurt? Either way,  there must be closure to it before SH and JH can move on.

It's obvious now that SH loves and accepting JH in his life. So I'm not worried because for someone as calculative as SH, when he decided to open his heart to JH means that he's sure of his feeling and there's no undo button for him. I'm sure he won't let JH gets hurt by his past. Hopefully so.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, angelflower said:

And continuing from that scene...

SJ: It doesn't seem like that in the beginning... did you fall for him while living together?

JH starts nodding...

JH: No... maybe it was from the beginning... I don't really know when it started.

SJ: What bout him? Does he like you too?

JH: No. He doesn't even know that I like him.

JH (voiceover): There must be a way into (his) heart... and if there was a way, there must have been a start somewhere... 

HR looks at a bankbook and flashes back to when WS and her just moved into their rooftop house.

HR: Wow, you made it! WS, let's promise to each put in 500,000 won every month. Then after we save up, we can move to better place after 3 years.

WS: Sure. Look, we already have 1,000,000 won in there. Won't we have enough to get a (really expensive?) house at this rate?

HR: I like apartments more though.

WS: Well then... *aims for a kiss*

She looks carefully at the savings records - she had consistently saved on her part, and WS' savings were one-digit less, and in varying amounts.

WS is thinking of his meeting with HR's mother.

HR's mother: Ah, I feel much more at ease now. You mustn't make our HR live such a hard life anymore. 

WS: Yes.

HR's mother: Here, a gift for your new job. Work hard and long at the company! Don't even think about developing things on your own now, ok?

WS: Yes. Thank you.

Thank you so much for the trans! Oh my, I feel so sad for WS and HR. They're definitely going to break up. They're both at different places in their relationship. It kinda frustrates me how they came this far with how they seem to speak a different language to each other. They lack communication and I feel like both sacrificed so much for each other at the wrong time. :(

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

@stroppyse thanks for translations of the before kissing n kissing scene.. Lol I m still giddy all over for the kissing scene.. SH was soo hot n was like fire while kissing

Ohh chingu!  Saw you here! After that last drama,  this drama fill my longing heart. 

That kiss is just a beautiful like that sunset.. I keep imagining it.  Se hee is a man,  ( reading fifty shades of grey huh) he just want to brag that JH didnt kiss him,  just a peck,  to make a move on her..  Se hee your inlove. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

At the end, BM is into WS. 

Are they really going to be a couple ? 

I don’t think so. WS will have to repair his broken heart. 

I don’t see how they are going to be together at the end. 

I thought BM was going to be with BN. 

I don't want BM to be with WS.. I hope it's WS n HR till the end.. I don't the cool BM to become uncool by interfering with WS

1 minute ago, kangjaehwa said:

Ohh chingu!  Saw you here! After that last drama,  this drama fill my longing heart. 

That kiss is just a beautiful like that sunset.. I keep imagining it.  Se hee is a man,  ( reading fifty shades of grey huh) he just want to brag that JH didnt kiss him,  just a peck,  to make a move on her..  Se hee your inlove. 

Hii chingu!! Happy to meet u here after HS.. Yes the kiss is indeed very beautiful.. This drama is definitely fulfilling our hearts.. After HS, this is the drama I look forward to every week:D

• Like 7

Now, because I'm very biased (and also fighting with time), I'm going to skip WS-HR's parts - I'm not saying that they're not noteworthy, but I think you guys won't mind waiting for that :) WS goes home after drinking and proposes to HR that they go for a date. HR agrees, and they both lie awake with their own troubles. 

From 1:55

JH (voiceover): Can another path start from the place our hearts meet? But what I'm most afraid of is not that our paths may be different, or that our paths may not meet, but...

Memo from SH: "Things went well with SG. I'm going to bed first."

JH (voiceover): That there wasn't even a path to your heart - I was most afraid of that.

Memo from SH: I received your address. I'll do well with the kim-jang and be back.

JH (voiceover): But there's nothing I can do. Even if I don't know the way to your heart, I like this man who knows the way to kim-jang. That is enough for now.

------------

In case it's not clear, I think she's saying it's enough for her at the moment that SH is making the necessary effort to make it up to her by going to her house for kim-jang purposes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9