[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

I don't know guys, I just couldn't see Se Hee on today's episode. All I have seen was Lee Min Ki :D

lee-min-ki-because-this-is-my-first-life

20160714210403_bc2f76eef53cc459c8fcaf70eI felt like He's not Se Hee without his signature middle parting hairstyle :lol:

aQ9BhB9RYVvhWBm91ahDoVtugRugUgjv9Z_1H-I1I already miss his old style.

Just my personal opinion :)

• Like 16
  • LOL 3

Agree @eunji18, I miss SH old hair style which made him looks more mature, wise, cool although "plain" :D.

I wonder if SH still in love with his previous woman, we don't know a lot of his background - and it's killing me, PD-nim hasn't shared more of this. I think the kiss preview is just Ji-Ho's daydream hehehehe :D -Actually  I prefer SH kiss her during the wedding tho..

• Like 5

I love this drama.  The writer and director are awesome. 

What I like the most about the drama is that SH and JH talk to each other.  They are open with their feelings and know how to express them in a courteous and respectful way.    They have an honesty that is rare.

I love the pace of this story, it moves, quickly, but not too fast.  They have moved from landlord and tenant to friends, the next step is lovers.  JH and SH are becoming comfortable with one another and are learning each other.  As they go along, they will find that they have a lot of things in common. Where he is logical, she is creative; therefore, they balance each other. Once SH acknowledges his feelings, JH will score 99.9 points and be his perfect match.

• Like 15

I absolute love JH, she is what I've wanted in a female lead for a long long time. She is very forward and doesn't shy away from showing and expressing when she's happy or angry. She wears her heart on her sleeve and anyone who doesn't like it can kick rocks. She has fallen for SH, and she's done playing by his rules. She realizes now that doing and defending everything he does will essentially work only in his favor and he can live in his little bubble forever or she can show him what marriage and having a wife means and if after that he wants to still remain as he is then she at least gave him the choice and she put herself out there. 

If that kiss is some kind of dream sequence joke, I might just flip my laptop.:bawling:

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

It will be nice if we had SH's POV in some episodes. 

It remind me of It Started with a kiss (ISWAK), ZS was cold but at the end of season 2, the main girl said something like : he always loved me, I just didn't watch him with care and I was too insecure. 

Sometimes ISAWK showed a almost touch, a stare that the main girl didn't see

Loved, loved, loved ISWAK as well as it's sequel, TKA. Joe & Ariel (Taiwan version is the best IMO) had chemistry like no tomorrow. Really loved how the ZS changed and XC became his everything. He went from being a cold and unfeeling person to a very warm person & caring one, especially towards XC. She became his everything and he was lost & scared when he thought he lost her (towards the end when she ran away for a day or so as her eyesight was failing).

ZS and SH have a  lot of common traits. Since SH didn't have a great family relationship (especially with his dad) growing up, it could have led to him being an uncaring person now. But he does care. He cared enough to make sure JH was safe when he thought BN was a stalker. The cat & loan takes precedence in his life, but for that period of time, JH came first. I think you can see he cares, when he gets to JH's bus stop and she wasn't there. BN was not the stalker, and the real stalker was caught, but he still was a bit sad/disappointed when he got to the bus stop & JH wasn't there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You know guys even if the kiss is only a dream sequence, the most important thing is SH realizing that he has a place for JH in his heart. After that, they are already accomplish a lot in their relationship. 

I am seing a parallel between the scene where SH is yelling : " Do you like me ?" (In the bus station before JH wanted to go to Namhae) and the scene in the preview in Namhae when SH is screaming JH's name. Maybe he will again ask this question to JH. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, whome said:

Loved, loved, loved ISWAK as well as it's sequel, TKA. Joe & Ariel (Taiwan version is the best IMO) had chemistry like no tomorrow. Really loved how the ZS changed and XC became his everything. He went from being a cold and unfeeling person to a very warm person & caring one, especially towards XC. She became his everything and he was lost & scared when he thought he lost her (towards the end when she ran away for a day or so as her eyesight was failing).

ZS and SH have a  lot of common traits. Since SH didn't have a great family relationship (especially with his dad) growing up, it could have led to him being an uncaring person now. But he does care. He cared enough to make sure JH was safe when he thought BN was a stalker. The cat & loan takes precedence in his life, but for that period of time, JH came first. I think you can see he cares, when he gets to JH's bus stop and she wasn't there. BN was not the stalker, and the real stalker was caught, but he still was a bit sad/disappointed when he got to the bus stop & JH wasn't there.

I agree with you on all points ! 

ISWAK is the best version ever.

It's by rewatching again and again that I saw how much ZS was in love with XC almost in the beginning (before the first kiss). 

The korean wasn't great even if I live Jung So Min. 

As SH, he loves JH and cares about her. 

Now he don't know he can love again. 

Maybe he always thought that he will have to cure his heartbroken ( by his father and his ex) all his life. 

Not only he doesn't want to risk his heart and brain but I also believe he doesn't have this capacity. 

• Like 6

I think JS is so lovestruck that she doesn't realise how mutch pain SH is in.
She hear his mom say that he never go to the memorial service and he tell her he doesn't feel good that she keep coming in like it's her home. I feel SH is the only person she can't read.
Before he give her money, while he talk I feel like he want to cry all along.
That apartment is his freedom from his parents. His dad told him that the house he grow up and live all his life is not his anymore and he is not welcome (he even want to use money to be forgiven without even apologising and finding what he did normal). His mom didn't do anything against it and don't want to aknowlewdge her husband mistake. His mom keep getting inside and that hurt him but JH don't see it.
He try to never come to his dad home because of his father and what JH did forced him.
She feel like he was mean to her but she is the one who hurt him there.

I don't understand the way BM act whith WS. The question about his personal life and all. Is she truly interested in him ? I think she could help WS and HR relationship so mutch (at that point I think them breaking up is a good thing).
I wonder what did WS told HR when the screen go to SG and SJ.

I don't understand why HR ask if SJ is a volleyball player.

It is me or it's always HR left, JH middle and SJ right ?

Jung So-min is so beautifull that I don't know if in the morning at the begining of the episode she make herself look pretty before seeing SH or it's just how she look normally.

HR chief asking her if she is on her period is so wrong.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

Agree @eunji18, I miss SH old hair style which made him looks more mature, wise, cool although "plain" :D.

I wonder if SH still in love with his previous woman, we don't know a lot of his background - and it's killing me, PD-nim hasn't shared more of this. I think the kiss preview is just Ji-Ho's daydream hehehehe :D -Actually  I prefer SH kiss her during the wedding tho..

Yasss, he's more mature with the previous hairstyle. I felt like I watched different drama. But Ji Ho liked it anyway :D Just hoping the writernim wouldn't dissapoint us. The drama has been so good :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, meiil said:

Honestly atm without having watched the ep fully and with subs the whole kiss next week idea seems too out of character hence why I believe it's a dream. I'll be back once subs are out and I'm done with my watching and see if I still feel this way.

lol I'm just done with my watching and guess what? I still have no idea if that will be a dream or not,  it's 50/50.

Gosh this drama is so good at being unpredictable.

I think the last scene with JH basically telling SH that she likes him is another big step towards him opening his heart to her, I have the feeling he will experience her exact same words about doing all the labor only to see the person one likes happy in the next ep... and this might be what finally tricks him to realize that like he says in the preview he found out a space in his heart (for her).

Man I'm so excited tho, monday can't come fast enough.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

I agree with you @mapleoaks4 and @Jillia as well as with the others who have said that they'd like to see Se Hee's journey of falling in love with Ji Ho. I would also like to see them share sweet moments (beyond the epic hand holding) in their everyday lives (not referring to sexytimes. But hey, if there is that, I won't complain. Hahahaha!). I hope this will not be dumped on us on Episode 15. Personally, I don't like it when dramas suddenly give us a ton of skinship and lovey-dovey feels in the second to the last episode. I like the slow build of the relationship but I still feel there's a lot of ground to cover, especially with Se Hee.

Which makes me wonder, Ji Ho's Mom is a catalyst somewhat. It's because of her that he made that promise. And because of her letter that he knew to stay with her when she cried. So perhaps they'll have a heart-to-heart talk again? Or maybe with Ji Ho's dad? (long shot) That talk will make him realize that whatever feelings of protectiveness, jealousy, and contentment he has with Ji Ho was actually him falling for her?

I think Se Hee's opening up little by little--that Ji Ho's growing influence on him and his life is beginning to sink in deep. I was about to go on a technical tangent but it might be too much. So let me break it down, Se Hee is learning. The more he's exposed to Ji Ho and her ways, the more he absorbs and it affects his way of thinking, his daily life, his decision making. That's an awesome thing. Though yes, it's slow. Then again, progress, no matter how incremental, is still progress.

• Like 13

In episode 9, another thing I really liked is how JH had her own everything is beautiful moment like Mr. Ma. He was dancing in the street. However, we have JH talking about how beautiful the stars were on a starless night with a little skip in her steps.....she even saw the big dipper even though a star wasn't in sight....:lol:  She's seeing stars because she's discovered feelings for SH.  His look was priceless too as he was trying to see the invisible stars.  

• Like 14

5 hours ago, kelmaoneko said:

What if the "ex" isn't really an ex but an arranged partner by SH's parents, and it's the reason why SH was driven away from their home; because he refused? Here are the reasons why I think so:

• SG and SH have known each other for 18 years, so since 1999
  • In Ep. 5, SG betted SH was asexual, he even refused to believe SH until he said JH is pretty. 
  • SG said SH "finally found love"
  • SH's father seems to be the most adamant to marry his son off

My theory about the whole "almost married" situation:

• The "ex" could be a childhood friend of SH, their parents could have promised them to each other ever since they're kids
  • The "ex" grew to love SH, but SH only sees her as a friend
  • SH tolerates the "ex's" playful flirting (e.g. calling herself "his everything")
  • SH's father finally forces SH to marry, to the point of filling out the marriage registration form himself (lol is this possible, we didn't see the form signed and all lol)
  • SH refused and is subsequently driven away from their home
  • The "ex" feels sorry and gives SH a last gift (with a confession-like message) and slipped the form in the book
  • SH keeps the book as a memory of his old friend
  • SH completely forgets about it for 12 years lol

Conclusion:

The real rival here is Cat. No one else. :D

I vote for this one. It make sense. Its not like the father refuse of SH marriage, but his fahter is the one who force him to marry SH's ex. When the father said he will buy SH a house if he married, its sounds like the father really wanna see his son married someone, not kind of refuse to give blessing for SH marriage. SH said to JH about his parents expectation for well educated DIL, i think the reason SH father want SH married his ex is because she is educated or someone good in profession.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

The thing is he really cares. When Ji-ho went to her in-laws to help he was anything but pleased. Like when she slightly bowed, he didn't. And he was stone-faced. Then he tried to help with the dishes which was quickly stopped by his mother. His mother who gave Ji-ho her apron... It's such a symbol for putting Ji-ho into the same position as her mother and that's not what Se-hee wants. First of all they're not a couple and their marriage is fake, so he doesn't see Ji-ho in the position to be his wife with all the duties included. Also he actually cares what Ji-ho wants, she told him about her dreams/wishes. He said he would never stop her from making her wishes come true but maybe he thinks being the dutiful wife would be actually something to stop her from achieving her goals. 

Also he certainly doesn't feel good to pretend Ji-ho is his wife when they honor the ancestors and Ji-ho does the same. I think... they purposely didn't show it.

So while he certainly looks angry and not pleased or even indifferent sometimes, he actually cares a lot for Ji-ho. Enough for a kiss though... I'm not sure.

I think the reason why SH was "visibly upset" that JH was fulfilling daughter-in-law duties was out of being protective. He is using Maslow to rationalize JH's actions, possibly in wont to convince himself that JH doesn't like him (especially because they established and clarified that in the beginning). By giving JH money, he wants to re affirm that he is honoring their contract and that JH is still conceivably free despite the bond of their marriage.

What SH didn't expect is JH's counter attack--when she actually said that she's doing it out of like rather than anything. So the money being given after that was definitely insulting to JH, though notice how it was already in an envelope by the time he gave it? It wasn't an after thought. He thought of it before she said stuff about liking. 

My take is that making Kim Jang is SH's way of expressing that he is reciprocating JH's confession. Remember how she called and established that he must pay her back for her efforts? I think this is parallel to: you must return my affections in kind. That's why I believe taking a leave to go make KimChi at Namhae is monumental for SH: it's his confession. 

So as for the kiss, I'm beginning to be convinced it's legit especially for that preview scene where JH was giddily tapping her chest behind the closed doors of her bedroom. It looked like they arrived in their home in Seoul from Namhae together. 

Methinks episode 11 will be about SH's point of view and they'll kiss by the end of it. Ep. 12 will be all romantic... 

Ep. 13 will be the comeback of the "ex" and the first fight out of real jealousy

Ep. 14 will be the first making up and hopefully some sexy time

Ep.15 will be about JH's writer dream and re writing their future together

Ep.16 will be the pretty ribbon to tie their pretty lives together. 

Ha. When I bet, I go all in. Kkk.

p.s. Agreed, cat is the biggest rival. But i'm hoping we'll get an ending scene where JH arrives home from a writing job, finds SH on the couch and sits on the floor to watch soccer with him. But instead of Cat on SH's lap, it will be JH's head and he will be stroking her hair... Cat can go find her freedom now. 

ji Ho is the new cat.

• Like 15
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 3

08b45d69-135a-4978-96df-467e55ecd92c.11.

I cant believe in the preview although I always wait the kiss. I hope the preview dont troll us :D I am curious why SH open his heart. Are there any special things will happen in Nam Hae? I cant stand to wait next Monday. Why is today just Wednesday? :bawling:

• Like 14

I can see it: A Kitty based Korean Drama. 

"Toms over Catnip"

A pampered beautiful spoiled daddies Kitty with an attitude somehow gets separated from her family and must rely on a cold loner street cat to survive in the mean streets and get home.  They hiss and spit at each other at first but fall in he... er, love. His kittenhood crush who left him wants to claw our Kitties eyes out of course  and a super rich Catbol heir tries to win her.  SH doesn't think Tom is worthy enough for his baby and tries to find a nice worthy purebred to match make her with. (And  tries buy Tom off with gourmet cat food))Wailing and angst and feline noble idiocy ensue. But love and putting prevail :) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 10