[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

Hi chingus, Now that I watched it with subs.. I think that ending is quiet  satisfying enough for all of us. 

I really felt episode 18 when I have understand it (thank goodness for the english subs and subbers)

Black was a like a roller coaster ride for all of us chingus. It made me feel so many emotions..Kudos to the Black team for bringing such a wonderful drama. It was a bittersweet ending  for the main characters but we get the happy ending we wanted.

At first I was very sad why Ha Ram jumped from a cliff... but yeah I understand her guilt.. and  remembered that she's going to die like Moo Gang in the first episode. Even though she died feeling guilty,, I still love her strong personality. She faced her fears of seeing shadows and tried to save people.. I felt sad about her saying she killed them all.. No my poor Ha Ram.. at least you lived an honest life. (In my P.O.V, the writer should make her death like she was hit by a car or what or accidentally shot in the head like the two brothers but  not taking her own life though)

I actually think that Ha Ram should be originally born as a normal human..even if her mom's husband died,,there's a possibility that she's going to be born..at a different situation and time.. But then the grim reaper appeared and committed a crime which was to intervene with human relations. He messed with human affairs that's why she became half human and grim reaper. However, her father loved her so much. But then again, she deserved to be born again as a normal human. (her destined fate).  I also think that Man Soo was the one she married.

About Black,, like you chingu @bebebisous33 said,, That 's why he has so many names.. Joon, 444, Moo Chan,,Black.. I think 444 and Joon/MC's existence has been erased.. That's why he came to Ha ram as Black.. He is not Joon nor 444. The man that Ha Ram came to love who is Black and I think at that ending scene,, he is no longer  a reaper.. but a soul that waited  for  Ha Ram's soul to come to paradise with him.

About the three mothers.. I'm happy that even they didn't show Soo Wan and Lee Byung Tae.. at least they are fine and I imagine Soo Wan living with Joon's mom in the U.S.

About Ha Ram's mom,, I also imagine that in her second life she finally gave all the love for her daughter. Although we see in Ha Ram's 1st life, she's been seen caring for Ha Ram and Ha Ram is slowly accepting her mother (which meant that there's a reconciliation between them)

So sad about Mg's mom.. she's not that bad woman.. just caught between choosing life and death.. her decisions were wrong. She put the boys' fates in her hands.. I felt really sad when she knew that there's an organ donor..gosh..how ironic...

I love that all the bad guys paid the price for their crimes..The writer  gave the  justice for their victims.. (It was said that Black is based on events  in SK that cannot be forgotten . Like the Mall collapsed and the sinking of the ferry I guess. 

So after the drama, I've learned moral lessons ..it's  all about our decisions and the outcomes of it.. if we are going to choose greed, selfishness or love. We commit sins but then taking our own lives is not the best decision.. We can make things right in our life..

when we face life's problems.. because someday our time of being happy and contented with love will come of course with the help of God.

Ah,, so much for this emotional message, chingus.. I hope to see you again in other dramas thread,, chatting and making theories with you made Black more entertaining to watch. @bebebisous33, @nona88 @philosophie @icyphoenix @Dramanoona @UnniSarah and all the other chingus here..:D

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, just finished watching the final episode. I am thankful that writers didn't give us an open ending. Though I don't understand how haram's life got reset I am just gonna ignore that and consider that as writers attempt to give us a happy ending. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't know if I should be sad or happy about the ending at least they were shown walking together so I am gonna believe that in the end she ends up with her first love:). This drama is so far my fav drama this year I don't remember the last time I was this hooked to a drama. Till the end the writers managed to surprise us with twists and turns. Actors have done amazing job especially Song Seung Hoen. The romance was also good and balanced without many scenes between HR and black I was convinced that he did love her enough to make that big sacrifice. 

Hopefully we will encounter more amazing dramas next year. Thank you everyone for live recaps and analysis. It was fun reading all your posts.

After more thoughts..I still don't understand why HR's life had to be changed. It was almost as if she was reborn. But..how can the events of life just be turned back like that? It means she never met Joon, OMS or Doctor Woman at all? :blink: then..all that ever happened or was shown to us..feels a bit lost on the purpose to having us see Black and HR the way they were meant to be? :blink: Either way, I still think the ending was sweet enough for both Black and HR. After she died, the penalty was lifted because HR apologized for taking so long for her to remember him. And..judging from Black's expression, he totally understood what she meant. I think i can come with the thought that both went to paradise. Black's punishment was to be nonexistent to the human world. He served that purpose already. This is the only way that will ease all the loop holes for me :D:wink:

@RPM i was waiting for those spoilers too but we didn't see it :)

@ocean90 hope to see you in another thread chingu :wink:

35 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

After more thoughts..I still don't understand why HR's life had to be changed. It was almost as if she was reborn. But..how can the events of life just be turned back like that? It means she never met Joon, OMS or Doctor Woman at all? :blink: then..all that ever happened or was shown to us..feels a bit lost on the purpose to having us see Black and HR the way they were meant to be? :blink: Either way, I still think the ending was sweet enough for both Black and HR. After she died, the penalty was lifted because HR apologized for taking so long for her to remember him. And..judging from Black's expression, he totally understood what she meant. I think i can come with the thought that both went to paradise. Black's punishment was to be nonexistent to the human world. He served that purpose already. This is the only way that will ease all the loop holes for me :D:wink:

@RPM i was waiting for those spoilers too but we didn't see it :)

@ocean90 hope to see you in another thread chingu :wink:

Yes I thoroughly agree with you. I had intended to do a marathon over the weekend and try to watch the show from beginning to end but knowing the outcome essentially undoes the events we've followed so closely for the past nine glorious weeks leaves me deflated and somewhat unmotivated to do so.

Well, I am crying while watching the last two episode. Just like you guys, I still dont understand why they chage the history. Its still remains a mystery even though the drama is over. Hope they will release another special episode  (its only my imagination guys :D). 

Even i was confused, but when i saw Balck and Haram meet each other, my heart melted. they like happy together. Their smile just ....... i cant discribe it :heart:. Even haram  remembering anything towards the end of his life, its much better. Sweet in the end.

Anyway Black was my best drama during 2017. You have my heart 444 :heart:. And happy to see you all here chingu :kiss_wink:. It was fun to read all of your comment and have a home to discuss our favorite drama.

See you in another thread annyeong :)

@ocean90 I like what you said about him not being a reaper anymore.  I just watched the episode again and liked it so much better the second time around. Would Ha Ram have looked so happy or the light have been so beautiful if she knew they would be parted again so soon? Putting the bracelet around his wrist, doesn't it mean they will never be parted? All the symbols say that they'll be together.

I joined this thread so late but have been reading it for ages - thanks for making this experience so rewarding, chingus, and hope to meet up with you again next time we all enjoy the same drama!

So upset!!!

I have been watching dramas for over ten years (cough cough I'm not that old yet)

But this ending drove me crazy.

It was rushed, choppy, unclear.

Trying to give us a happy ending made it worse.

And who has cctv in a freakin cliff?

I want to cry :bawling:

Thank you to the production team for showing me what could have been...

SSH, you're on my oppa list now.

Okay... done watching and WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT??? Is this a joke? This drama almost be the most excellent drama for me.. almost! the ending ruined it all! That is why...when drama is suppose to be end in 16 but end up extend it make all the plot and character mess up!  so many plot holes..  i am so disappointed Ha Ram only knew Joon?MG and not 444.  

But seriously, how could we not know who the main culprit is till the last episode.. I mean isn't Kim Sun Young aka Kim Soo Wan the victim? She could have informed the police much earlier or at least tell Moo Gang. For me that's a total blunder by the writer-nim.  

Finally, the end of Black though I am going to miss 444! 

It was an interesting and complex drama which needs your full attention on every episode. 

Every character was somehow linked to one another and remembering everyone was quite hard for me. Especially when the story goes back to the past and you try to figure out in the present the person who wanted everyone involved in the tape incident to be dead. It was leading from one character to the other. When you thought you had it all figured out there were several unexpected twists. It was interesting but after that, I felt they could have cut short the story. Overall, I prefer ep 17 because we found out how Joon died and why 444 soul could not get out from MG body. But ep 18 was forced upon but it did give closure on a few things like lee byung tae (I thought he died when the hired killer followed him) and the sim card on MG jacket. The rest I was pretty confused especially the ending.

1) If the runaway grim reaper was always in Leo's body why didn't Ha Ram see the black shadow?? Same goes for that male doctor who was possessed by that 100-year-old grandmother. A grim reaper is only allowed to enter a dying body am I right?

2) If 444 soul was Joon then when the world resets Joon never did exist but wouldn't MG still exist? Or is it because Joon possesses MG body thus both did not exist in the reset world. 

3) Anyone wondering who was Ha Ram late husband??

4) At the end when 444 welcome Ha Ram soul was it really 444 or did 444 ever existed in the reset world as Ha Ram husband? Because wouldn't Ha Ram husband want to welcome her? 

Well, it was a good drama but there were certain parts that they prolonged. But the drama ratings did well so yay!

welcome to  drama that make you go crazy all the way and even after it ended we crazy trying to understand what happen 

okay i will try to be logic and answer my own points that i didn't understand before

•  the time restart before JOON was born that mean before HR parent  car accident, human don't remember but grim reaper remember what happen , so whe the time restart 007's as BLACK ASKED FROM him use that time to stop HR grim reaper father from taken the man body or even take his soul ( they break the law when everyone was busy with all the world restart , so her human father still a live and she was born ( she will have the same face for sure after it human DNA  not grim reaper it just the grim reaper can gave her soul the abilty and it was in the eyes , that how her life changed by BLACK choice

• okay i can accept the fact as some of you said here that cause the person who get erased was 444's and JOON but their someone also and it called BLACK he has his own feeling and thought and doing and that not just JOOn or the grim reaper 444's , they somehow again cheat the rules and keep him there as grim reaper , maybe 007'S help him . and the add reason that HR feeling when she remember him that was strong from the rules has bring him back to her , the power of love that remember someone strong from the power of the whole world restart can break the rules and bring him back , and maybe he was understood from the upper world for his love and all the good things he did for other as JOON or as BLACK and in the end they bring him back to be with his love in the end after he accept his fate and only care for his love one and never thought of himself that was a greater then any human or grim reaper feeling or rules so we can accept that ( but why leaving us guessing like that why not even one scene to understand what happen that was in opening ending in tricking way mr writer , do you trick the normal people it was a happy ending while you keep you style of opening ending again ) okay so i  choice that her love or he get forgiveness from upper world since that mean they will be togther in the end in heaven i don't want to think of him keep being grim reaper again while she move on 

that the answer i trying to gave myself for now , at least that make me more at peace about other things i will try hard , really hard to stop myself from thinking of it in logic way ( that hard i am a logic person why mr writer doing that me???? :dissapointed_relieved: )

1 hour ago, beingdramatic said:

Finally, the end of Black though I am going to miss 444! 

It was an interesting and complex drama which needs your full attention on every episode. 

Every character was somehow linked to one another and remembering everyone was quite hard for me. Especially when the story goes back to the past and you try to figure out in the present the person who wanted everyone involved in the tape incident to be dead. It was leading from one character to the other. When you thought you had it all figured out there were several unexpected twists. It was interesting but after that, I felt they could have cut short the story. Overall, I prefer ep 17 because we found out how Joon died and why 444 soul could not get out from MG body. But ep 18 was forced upon but it did give closure on a few things like lee byung tae (I thought he died when the hired killer followed him) and the sim card on MG jacket. The rest I was pretty confused especially the ending.

1) If the runaway grim reaper was always in Leo's body why didn't Ha Ram see the black shadow?? Same goes for that male doctor who was possessed by that 100-year-old grandmother. A grim reaper is only allowed to enter a dying body am I right?

2) If 444 soul was Joon then when the world resets Joon never did exist but wouldn't MG still exist? Or is it because Joon possesses MG body thus both did not exist in the reset world. 

3) Anyone wondering who was Ha Ram late husband??

4) At the end when 444 welcome Ha Ram soul was it really 444 or did 444 ever existed in the reset world as Ha Ram husband? Because wouldn't Ha Ram husband want to welcome her? 

Well, it was a good drama but there were certain parts that they prolonged. But the drama ratings did well so yay!

Haraam didn’t see the shadow in Leo because it was her death shadow remember she can’t see her own shadow (444 and his partner were the grim reapers who should take her soul) 

about who is Haraam husband it mostly OMS

one thing i don't get it (actually there are many more:D) is why the doctor who possessed by that ahjumma reaper blackmail Leo? as we know JD said that he works together with ahjumma reaper and at the end Joon's appearance like MG it means that MG was dead too?or he never exist? wooahh so many questions unanswered in this drama:crazy:

I watched the last episode. I am OK with the ending but I don`t want to think about it too much. I might find other  questions.:lol:  Overall, I enjoyed watching this drama.

OCN Thriller Black Holds Succesful Drama Wrap Party with leads Song seung heon and Go Ara

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/12/11/ocn-thriller-black-holds-successful-drama-wrap-party-leads-song-seung-heon-go-ara/#more-84490

@nona88 The grim reaper who got erased from the memories of the world was called 420 because in fact, Kim Joon did die on 20th April. Notice the difference... since 420's existence is erased, it means that the memories of the human have changed that's why the past has to change. Since Ha Ram was born after Kim Joon, 007 could prevent 444/001 from possessing the body of KSH so that her life changed. Nevertheless, Ha Ram was able after her death to remember the true timeline. That's why 444 had a strange number and was passed down to Kim Joon. By sacrificing himself, Kim Joon is able to ensure that the tragedy of Moojin Time Mart doesn't happen. Without Joon, there is no drug in Joon's bag. Joon's mother doesn't get arrested and HMG's mother doesn't commit a crime aso. 

Yes, it was a bittersweet ending but I actually enjoyed the last two episodes because it was again full of twists and surprises.

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 The grim reaper who got erased from the memories of the world was called 420 because in fact, Kim Joon did die on 20th April. Notice the difference... since 420's existence is erased, it means that the memories of the human have changed that's why the past has to change. Since Ha Ram was born after Kim Joon, 007 could prevent 444/001 from possessing the body of KSH so that her life changed. Nevertheless, Ha Ram was able after her death to remember the true timeline. That's why 444 had a strange number and was passed down to Kim Joon. By sacrificing himself, Kim Joon is able to ensure that the tragedy of Moojin Time Mart doesn't happen. Without Joon, there is no drug in Joon's bag. Joon's mother doesn't get arrested and HMG's mother doesn't commit a crime aso. 

Yes, it was a bittersweet ending but I actually enjoyed the last two episodes because it was again full of twists and surprises.

Still I don't really like the reset caused ALL those awesome episodes 1 - 17 are being reset too...so it's a WTF moment for me but understood the ultimate love of a grim reaper who foolishly loved a woman...sigh (they could show it HOW - more lovely scenes of them in the last 2 episodes instead). He adorably practices so hard to KISS HER and what happened show? I MISSED Black humour the most! :wub:

zuWTPup.gif

Super annoyed that we missed the chance to see how HR will discover the truth about Black and herself which is the BIGGEST WTF for me. In fact the last 2 episodes should had been about THEM and not the damn 3rd & 4th tape (tear hair with so many tapes..:tongue:) which should ended with the dirty Congressman Kim and focus on the main leads stories. It will be an EPIC ending like @bebebisous33 said about Black getting erased in the Underworld realm instead of the human realm was so genius, creative and refreshing instead of the usual present one....SIGH! Anyhow it's still the BEST one with a sorta HAPPY ending..hey they are finally together! Thank you BLACK for being a still awesome show! :heart:

Archived