[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

@zinaa I can feel you however after giving some thoughts, with this ending, it really makes clear that Black loves Ha Ram so much just as Ha Ram loves Black and not Joon. In the story, Joon loved KSY and just liked Ha Ram. For Ha Ram, it was one sided crush. That's why Black gets upset, when he realizes that Ha Ram is the one who shot him. He gets Joon's memories and personality back. Joon has always been hot-tempered and could say mean things (see his relationship with his mother) but when HR's mother confronts him, Black realizes that he is not entirely Joon but Black. Black loves Ha Ram but Joon never did. That's why when Joon's existence is erased, Black's identity remains so that her love for the grim reaper Black exists. She loved the grim reaper Black.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, saya2 said:

Haraam didn’t see the shadow in Leo because it was her death shadow remember she can’t see her own shadow (444 and his partner were the grim reapers who should take her soul) 

about who is Haraam husband it mostly OMS

ahhh ok that make sense now! 

Totally forgot that Ha Ram can’t see her death shadow. Was focusing on too many things and trying to make sense of everything!

Thank you!! 

Okay, I finished the series yesterday. It's a bittersweet end and I'm happy that they ended up together. But mostly, I'm not completely satisfied because it felt rushed for me, they wrap the mystery up in the last episode when I felt it could have been over beforehand. Like this was a good show but for me they dragged out the mystery line too long. Also, what happened with Kim Tae Woo's return as Black? We saw him for about a minute in a new scene but why not use the scenes where he has his punishment? And Black didn't leave his brother's body when the Death Squad could have gotten him out. Or is that part of his punishment? See there are still some unanswered questions as well. But I still kinda wonder if Ha Ram now knows if it's Joon in Moo Gang's body when he came to get her?

Well, I hope those two get to have a better life together in their next lives.

For me, this would be the best ending. Black can't live in the human world as a runaway reaper and HR can't live with guilt. Black chose to bring justice to those who had sacrificed. To ensure HR's happiness, he chose the most extreme punishment and let her reborn with a normal life. I like it that Black kept his promise/task to collect her soul when she lived till old age. Even when they met again, the first question he asked is if HR was well and happy. The rest, is up to viewers' interpretation.

The ending messages from the production team is clear.... that human desires and greed are always there,  influencing us and for us to reflect on events that will not be forgotten but will give us strength to live on. This would be the broader message that the writer had wanted to convey beyond the drama.

P.S. still can't really find any bug in the script. The half filled glass of water of SW have got to do with the last 2 tapes found and "they" who won't bother MG anymore.

The drama was so complex but it meticulously done. The level of details and my frustration how the world turn up to be, but at the end of the day you can’t change the nature of life being. You just have to remember-last snowfall. I missed the strong and crazy heart of Black’s the Reaper. My heart break when he found out that he was killed by the people he cared and loved. That simple fact of him forgetting how he felt and make the sacrifices for Haraam. Love is that simple, you accept your pain and wish happiness for the one you love.   I wish they could spend more time together. 

Why do I have to lose you.. remember the snowfall.. 

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@zinaa I can feel you however after giving some thoughts, with this ending, it really makes clear that Black loves Ha Ram so much just as Ha Ram loves Black and not Joon. In the story, Joon loved KSY and just liked Ha Ram. For Ha Ram, it was one sided crush. That's why Black gets upset, when he realizes that Ha Ram is the one who shot him. He gets Joon's memories and personality back. Joon has always been hot-tempered and could say mean things (see his relationship with his mother) but when HR's mother confronts him, Black realizes that he is not entirely Joon but Black. Black loves Ha Ram but Joon never did. That's why when Joon's existence is erased, Black's identity remains so that her love for the grim reaper Black exists. She loved the grim reaper Black.

I also feel you chingu about Black being Black himself and not Joon/444/420. He sacrificed for Ha Ram's happiness and that is true love..

However,,I just thought of something  after watching the 3rd time with my sister, I think it would be a good plot twist if the reason of Ha Ram's parents' accident was Joon.. 

I'm imagining that there's Joon's family with his dad and mom on the roadside.. The dad is fixing the car that suddenly stop while a 6 year old Joon at that time suddenly crossed the road trying to chase the ball he's playing and it's too late for the mother to recognized that her son was missing and actually going on the middle of the road, the father ran as fast as he could to save his son from an approaching car.

The bride's smile turns into surprise when she saw a boy crossing the road and shouted to her groom in horror, the groom avoids the boy and goes to the other lane not knowing that there's a truck coming and it's too late to avoid it..

Now that Joon was erased from existing in the human world, all the things linked to him didn't happen, and Ha Ram's parents didn't get into an accident and she borns as a normal human.. 

So that explains his involvement in the accident rather than Leo/Loser or was it 007? 

stopping Ha Ram's parents' accident...

Either way I get to accept the ending after a while now..like I said it's quiet satisfying.

I just want to share my thoughts..:D .. (I think this is called drama withdrawals) haha 

@UnniSarah@vangsweetie637@Dramanoona @nona88

and other chingus..

1 hour ago, ocean90 said:

Either way I get to accept the ending after a while now..like I said it's quiet satisfying.

I just want to share my thoughts..:D .. (I think this is called drama withdrawals) haha 

@UnniSarah@vangsweetie637@Dramanoona @nona88

and other chingus..

me too chingu @ocean90   This ending was satifactory because Ha Ram finally had a happy life from birth till death. :heart::heart:

Maybe SSH had this written into his contract.

"The ending has to be vague or, suck altogether. Oh yeah, and let's have Halloween-Christmas because, Why not?

I want my fans to prove they love me for me instead of my work, just like Lee Min Ho.

Come all my pretty lemmings and I'll show you a cliff. Bwahahaha!"

9 hours ago, ocean90 said:

I also feel you chingu about Black being Black himself and not Joon/444/420. He sacrificed for Ha Ram's happiness and that is true love..

However,,I just thought of something  after watching the 3rd time with my sister, I think it would be a good plot twist if the reason of Ha Ram's parents' accident was Joon.. 

AWESOME! That would make so much sense and really good plot twist for the reset!

9 hours ago, njs said:

For me, this would be the best ending. Black can't live in the human world as a runaway reaper and HR can't live with guilt. Black chose to bring justice to those who had sacrificed. To ensure HR's happiness, he chose the most extreme punishment and let her reborn with a normal life. I like it that Black kept his promise/task to collect her soul when she lived till old age. Even when they met again, the first question he asked is if HR was well and happy. The rest, is up to viewers' interpretation.

The ending messages from the production team is clear.... that human desires and greed are always there,  influencing us and for us to reflect on events that will not be forgotten but will give us strength to live on. This would be the broader message that the writer had wanted to convey beyond the drama.

Yes the overall message of this drama has always be cleared to me about the greed & ugliness of the human side, due to their greed for power, wealth and lust that causes so much sufferings to others and this genius writer-nim had weaved a complex tale with real events including as I suspected the still yet to be found flight MH370 as the doom flight in ep 1. It has never been about the evilness of the underworld nor the grim reapers and I always believed at the end this writer will not put the blame on the GR but it's all the undoing of the human.

I've written about  GRs are non existence in this show for all the people except for Ha Ram's mom and she remain the only one who know about them!! Actually, GR are so invisible that they DO NOT meddle in human lives except for a few exceptional cases like the "Love Curse" of previous #444 (HR's dad), Blind man  parent  & the present #444 and perhaps the occasional runaway GRs!

Writer-nim did a great job in balancing the ugliness of the human with the beautiful heart of people like Ha Ram, Oh Man Soo, Crazy Dog...etc. It's this beautiful heart of HR that eventually melt the cold-hearted GR like Black who has never trusted human let alone fall for one, so I can totally understand his ultimate sacrifice for her, caused he has learned to love like her  :heart:

uUc5g3f.gif

qG2dAsw.gif

trying watching again... *sigh* hmm..

i must say that i am not fully satisfied but it was okay if you look at another perspective.. Black is a Grim reaper obviously he can't live like a human anymore in any kind of ways ..it's against a law of nature. While Ha Ram..she's part human part Grim reaper and i can say 99% human just with a special gift..it's not like she's immortal or something..  So becoz of that ..because of they so deeply in love and "god" pity of Joon who actually been murdered when he was a kid and being a great grim reaper who has no mercy  before...granted his wish...  together with the one he loves even it's takes forever..  it's actually a happy ending despite plot holes here and there.. 

SongSeunghoon <---he's great play Black character..his fighting scene so so mesmerizing hahahhaha he's on my favorite list now

Go Ara<---she's still lacking...i dunno she remind me of Go Hyesun  *just my 2 cents* 

Its great to be here for Black. Thank you for all your hard work in deductions and theories..sometimes it's hits the spot! haha ...you guys can work with FBI now hihi 

Annyeong!! :lol: 

Hi! I've been reading this thread since yesterday that was when I finished watching the show and I agree with so many of you about the ending. Black was a 10/10 show for me the whole time but the ending was really disappointing. So many questions without answers, this got me really sad.

On 11/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, larus said:

I watched the last episode. I am OK with the ending but I don`t want to think about it too much. I might find other  questions.:lol:  Overall, I enjoyed watching this drama.

OCN Thriller Black Holds Succesful Drama Wrap Party with leads Song seung heon and Go Ara

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/12/11/ocn-thriller-black-holds-successful-drama-wrap-party-leads-song-seung-heon-go-ara/#more-84490

I was reading this article and I saw one comment that got me like ????????

KoYuFCy.jpg

WHY, OCN?? WHY??????

I'm SO MAD for for having discovered that the ending could have been so much better and that the show could have been 10/10 until the end.

51 minutes ago, paolaadl said:

Hi! I've been reading this thread since yesterday that was when I finished watching the show and I agree with so many of you about the ending. Black was a 10/10 show for me the whole time but the ending was really disappointing. So many questions without answers, this got me really sad.

WHY, OCN?? WHY??????

I'm SO MAD for for having discovered that the ending could have been so much better and that the show could have been 10/10 until the end.

The writer must be so choked.  She wrote a masterpiece of a mystery only to have it mucked up.  I REALLY want to know how she would have ended it. But how to get a translation of the script on her blog.? Probably out of luck.

1 hour ago, paolaadl said:

WHY, OCN?? WHY??????

Someone please find the original script and original ending and translate it for us please!!

Writer Of “Black” Shares Her Thoughts On Drama’s Depiction Of Her Scripts

Choi-Ran-Black.jpg

Choi Ran, the writer of OCN’s drama “Black,” recently posted a blog entry about the drama.

Titled “Saying Farewell to Black,” Choi Ran revealed her affection for the drama as well as her complicated feelings about how her script was portrayed on air. She wrote, “‘Black’ is a project like my own child that I had in the works for a while. I felt sad and had mixed emotions as I watched the drama on-air. I was very upset the story I wished to tell was portrayed differently on air against my will. I worked hard, but think there was a lack of communication.”

She also addressed some rumors she had heard and said, “My feelings were more hurt when I heard rumors that I [or the writing team] uploaded the script for the final episode and purchased it from the writer,” and denied any truth to these accusations.

“Black” is a mystery romance drama that told the story of a grim reaper that possessed a human’s body (Song Seung Heon) and a woman who could see the shadows of death (Go Ara).

After premiering on October 14 with an anticipated storyline and star leads, the drama came to an end on December 10 with mixed reviews and criticisms of its production, storytelling, and ending.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/13/writer-black-shares-thoughts-dramas-depiction-scripts/

Where is the korean link to the original script they uploaded? Maybe i can try putting it through google translate to give us some clues. I am really curious to see what was in store for us if there were more episodes or if they stuck to the script.

Spoiler

I didnt watch Cheese in the Trap, but I feel like a lot of viewers are feeling similiar to how they did when that show ended cause i heard it also didn’t have quite a happy ending.

Archived