[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

What stupidity was that?

Did we have a time travel?

Did universe reset itself?

How did she got reborn and how did 444 save people from the accident?

1. what happened to actual grime reaper who got into kang ha ram's father's body.. if time was reset

2. let's say all got reborn.. so was 444's mother childless?

3. if he were not there.. did le el's character died young? when she was trying to escape that fateful night? because joon wasn't there with a fake tape to divert attention..

none of this makes sense..

sensical would have been to kill kang ha ram.. or like goblin.. give her a new life.. and 444 waits for her to die in new life

Whom did she marry btw? clearly not leo.. leo was just a friend.

The last 10 minutes didn't make a lot of sense. How did Joon/444 save Haram's parents?? The most sensible ending would to make Joon and Haram reborn/reincarnate, meet and fall in love again. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@vangsweetie637 why do you think they are Leo's grandkids not hers? I'd think Leo would be careful not to have kids or they could be cursed with Ha Ram's old curse.  I thought they were her grandkids, and Leo dropped by for Christmas Eve because he knows she's going to die, so he spends the evening with her telling the story of Black, and giving her her last Christmas present, the memory of Black.  

Episode 18 just left me with so much disappointment. It's okay whether they give me a happy ending or not but I expect to be given an ending or a resolution that actually made sense. So in Episode 18 Black went for the severest punishment and that is removing his existence on earth. Sure that's cool and all. However, I do not understand how that changed the events in Kang Ha Ram's life? On the show it was explained that Ha Ram's parents accident did not happen but how? So the Grim Reaper world allowed Black to save her father from death? Even though they are already punishing Black for the troubles he caused? Not only that but also I thought Grim Reapers are not supposed to save people from their deaths? I thought that was forbidden as their job is to collect the souls of the dead. Then how was Black able to get permission from the higher ups to save Ha Ram's father from death? Also if you remove Kim Joon's existence I do not think that this would make such a great impact in the events that happened, don't you think so? The corrupt politicians would still have been involved in child prostitution, the mart would have still collapsed etc. etc. It just did not make sense to me no matter how much I have spun it in my head over and over again. I would have been okay with a tragic ending which was explained really well and make sense than a happy ending that really does not make sense at all. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed the story from episode 1 to 17 and the actors were all great (they did a good job)...it's the last episode (episode 18) that threw me off because it did not explain the story's resolution to me in a very clear and logical manner that would have made sense at the very least. And I blame the writer for this.

8 minutes ago, bluemoony said:

@vangsweetie637 why do you think they are Leo's grandkids not hers? I'd think Leo would be careful not to have kids or they could be cursed with Ha Ram's old curse.  I thought they were her grandkids, and Leo dropped by for Christmas Eve because he knows she's going to die, so he spends the evening with her telling the story of Black, and giving her her last Christmas present, the memory of Black.  

The way Haram speaks of Leo's grandkids sounded like they're not her grandkids. Also Haram mentioned her late husband who died very briefly. Leo also said "your children are here", and not "our children".

9 minutes ago, jameslee89 said:

A brilliant series but with a very disappointing finale which really didn't make a lot of sense. 

We're supposed to suspend the mechanics of the show and accept that he went back and prevented the car accident therefore allowing Haram to live out a happy life yet accept for the most part that the underage prostitution ring still occurred albeit without any resolution?

And I'm still wondering what the hell that scene with the glass of water in the video tape was all about.

So glad you mentioned that glass of water!  First unresolved piece I thought of when the series ended.

1 minute ago, bushiwo said:

The way Haram speaks of Leo's grandkids sounded like they're not her grandkids. Also Haram mentioned her late husband who died very briefly. Leo also said "your children are here", and not "our children".

We know Leo and HR aren't married, I was asking why you thought they were his?i thought they were hers not his. 

1 minute ago, bluemoony said:

We know Leo and HR aren't married, I was asking why you thought they were his?i thought they were hers not his. 

You're right, the grandkids could be Haram's. Maybe a lot of people thought they're not Haram's grandkids is because Haram didn't say "my grandchildren". She referred them as them "the kids"

Hmm, I'm wondering something now.  Joon's curse is that no one will remember him, but that doesn't negate all the things that did happen, just gives people different memories of them.  Ha Ram's gift, on the other hand, is that she never was born with her curse, and thus likely never played a role in those events.

So if we remove Ha Ram and her dad from the story of Joon and the prostitution ring, how much difference might that make?  Many of the events would have played out similarly anyway but what was crucial?

Guest ShinSangHwa

Hai Chinggu...

After i watch with sub, i think this is the best ending that can relate to those event. If we look back at the event we can know why the ending are like that. I think this is the best drama that i ever watch on OCN. I know lot of people unsatisfied with the ending but we must accept it.

The love from Black/444 had for Ha Ram exceed all the desire he want the most. Sure he want to live and don't want to die like that but he love Ha Ram more than everything. I can relate their love story. There were people that buried their evil deed and will do everything so that the evil deed can be buried away. This fact cause Black to kill all the bad people because he can't trust the human. They will do everything and can live well using their power. Black know this that why he choose to accept the punishment.

We don't know who was the husband , i think the left us like that because there could be anyone. We just think that ourself. But i will think he will meet Moo Gang again. Black prevent the accident and that will change everything. So if you relate to those event, we will know what the writer want to told us about this drama. We can think that if those event never happen all those kids will stay happily. Let's us think about it. Death and life need to be balance. Ha Ram, Joon and Moo Gang already suffered to much and they need a chance to be happy one more. In my heart i love how Black wait for Ha Ram and i will think that they will be together forever.

I thank this drama and i will miss it. This drama make me love Go Ara and Song Seung Hoon. Hope they will meet again in next project. On thing, i hope to see the real 444(kim tae woon) meet with Kang Ha Ram one more time before he become SSH.

Well, this drama Black is huge success to me. Looking forward to OCN next drama. Thank you friend in this forum, i have a great time with you guys.

6 minutes ago, bluemoony said:

Hmm, I'm wondering something now.  Joon's curse is that no one will remember him, but that doesn't negate all the things that did happen, just gives people different memories of them.  Ha Ram's gift, on the other hand, is that she never was born with her curse, and thus likely never played a role in those events.

So if we remove Ha Ram and her dad from the story of Joon and the prostitution ring, how much difference might that make?  Many of the events would have played out similarly anyway but what was crucial?

a) how do you remove ha ram and daddy and GR in daddy from the scene..unless the universe resets.. if universe resets.. entire world resets... the ones who are not part of this story as well

true about events.. they would have been pretty much the same... with MG doing what joon was doing as 444.. because this time his mother won't be th ekiller..he would have got the heart from the legit donor..etc

But real problem is a)

@enigmatic_zephyYes I agree, but I'm trying to just go with it as the writers presented it instead of kicking my heels in disgust (which I already did in previous posts). 

Ha Ram's birth as half-reaper was anomalous to begin with and if the writers had established prior in the story the possibility of a reset because her dad messed with fate, we wouldn't be so frustrated now.

Basically there are now four stories:

1. The one we just watched with both characters Joon and HR existing.

2. The one most of the characters remember now Joon has been erased from memory, and Ha Ram never existed in it. This one is half fantasy because it's memory not event erasure so doesn't need to be considered as an alternate for us.

3.The one we just watched with Joon but no Ha Ram.

4. Ha Ram's new life with no Joon.

So I'm wondering about #3 because she really impacted Joon's life very little till she shot him, and I think at that point he could still have been hurt by Scarface or something and the Mom might still have done the transplant, he still might have returned in MG's body, etc.  But without going back to the drama I'm not sure and I'm not ready to do that yet, if ever.

Also, it's possible I guess that he never died but became a thug because never went through conversion with HR's dad, mom didnt go to jail because no falling out with the fellow thug that planted the drugs, never met his brother cause no one needed to take care of him while she was in jail, and SY was never raped cause not left in the care of Clara, there was never a tape to begin with so all those people didn't die because of it.

Come to think of it, HR's dad's good deed helping a troubled boy started an awful lot of trouble.

54 minutes ago, bluemoony said:

Hi chingu.

I think for me, I thought the kids were Leos because HR referred to them as 'the kids' instead of 'my grandchildren'. However, now that i think of it, they most likely are hers because the mom came to pick them up and HR was still at the same house afterwards. But i would have loved for them to be more clear. The whole changing life history is confusing me a lot. The ending is fine for me..but how we got there..is not. But i rather take it than a staring one.

36 minutes ago, bluemoony said:

If Haram wasn't part of the story then I suppose she wouldn't have stolen the tape from Joon's backpack which meant he wouldn't have  discovered the tape of the rape at Leo's house, which means no future prosecution.

Joon wouldn't have been given the pack of firework pens to use by Haram's father so wouldn't have triggered the yellow flare which played some part in prompting Joon's mother to seek justice for her son, though this is arguable.

Back track a bit... In episode 17, seem like there were 4 crystal balls for 444??? One HR,  one MG another is Leo??? So confusing... 

Agree that how can Joon/444 stop the car incident of HR's parents??? 

And who do HR married to?  Poor Joon. Doesn't have any good moment in his life.... Really sad. Agree sadder than Goblin... :bawling:

This whole series confusing yet beautiful.... Although a lot seem unexplained. I really love it. 

How did Black/444 die jumping off a cliff that he's done before and survived without a scratch? 

Compared to other ways he's been killed, he should've walked away from this one without a wrinkle in his suit.

Please help me...this ending is keeping me awake.

7 minutes ago, fourfourfour said:

How did Black/444 die jumping off a cliff that he's done before and survived without a scratch? 

Compared to other ways he's been killed, he should've walked away from this one without a wrinkle in his suit.

Please help me...this ending is keeping me awake.

I think it was supposed to be symbolic, an acted out suicide for others to see (hence the CCTV footage). His ending was already decided and he was well on his way to be judged by the Death Squad in any case.

2 hours ago, jameslee89 said:

I think it was supposed to be symbolic, an acted out suicide for others to see (hence the CCTV footage). His ending was already decided and he was well on his way to be judged by the Death Squad in any case.

Yeah it was staged, though I wasn't sure if he dived again or just used footage from the first time he did it..All the cars in Korea seem to have dash cams.

2 hours ago, jameslee89 said:

If Haram wasn't part of the story then I suppose she wouldn't have stolen the tape from Joon's backpack which meant he wouldn't have  discovered the tape of the rape at Leo's house, which means no future prosecution.

Joon wouldn't have been given the pack of firework pens to use by Haram's father so wouldn't have triggered the yellow flare which played some part in prompting Joon's mother to seek justice for her son, though this is arguable.

Except it's not just Ha Ram but her dad, who convinces him from their first meeting to turn over a new leaf, and that's when things actually go south because the thug friend doesn't like it, plants the drugs, mom goes to jail, Joon to Moo Gang's, SY to Clara, SY gets raped on tape, tape leads to all those murders, etc.

So to me that's the first thing changed for Joon because of an interaction with a Grim Reaper trying to do a good deed.  

@bebebisous33 I don't remember these scenes happened in any episodes right...? 

ddb7635fe1c77e2416b3dfdb54fe7fd4.jpg3596bec7142799384339c2afa47fc3ac.jpgthese stills released around the ep 3-4 does it mean they change the plot little bit. Or I don't remember if anything happen like this.

I'm wondering who's her late husband.  For a moment I also thought Leo is her husband lol....:joy:

Overall everything is fine but memory erase I don't like it.

I knew it they only get together after death being shadow .

5.jpgAt first I don't even recognised him and when I recognise him I thought he likes her and want to follow her...:joy:that's why dress up like gentleman. 

Archived