1. Yoon Jin Myung

At her foundation, she possesses healthy self-esteem and a strong personality. Even when she faces disadvantages, she faces them admirably and overcomes her weaknesses; she is someone with strong desires. However, she struggles with anxiety and conflicted feelings as well. Her conflicts may stem from her surrounding environment, but may also result from her excessive self-control.

2. Song Ji Won

By drawing herself as younger and immature than her actual age, we see someone who is denying her anxiety about reality. The big eyes and innocent smile indicate someone who wants to avoid responsibility about reality. But as we live, we encounter problems we cannot avoid, and by learning to face them, we mature. Like a scar on the knee of a child, we don't want to look at it or face it, but by ignoring it, a problem that is buried in menace or conflict cannot be brought out, so it cannot be dealt with in a constructive way.

3. Jung Ye Eun

This may be the image of someone who, in order to receive love from another, bends her will, gives in to the desires of others, or fails to exhibit her own individuality. She may exhibit a flamboyantly feminine image in order to receive attention from others, but she has little experience of being loved for only who she is, so she may not have the confidence that her true self is worthy of acceptance. More than anything, she has become sensitive to her present environment, and different from her previously ornamented self, she has become withered, and she has become emotionally insecure. She has become very sensitive to how others view her, and as she tries to appear cheerful and happy, she is also afraid that her insecure and sensitive self will be discovered. So as she tries to stick to what she is familiar with, she may continue to hide her true self.

4. Jo Eun

She may appear simple and coarse, but more than even herself realizes, she is emotionally sensitive, introverted, tender, and very thoughtful. She believes that the world is not a place she can interact with, but the truth is that she wants to run away from a world which she cannot control with only her effort and desires. However, it is true that the world is not such a friendly and welcoming place that it would embrace her if she opens herself up. So she must be skilled in avoiding personal relationships because it can be uncomfortable, complicated, and anxiety-inducing.

5. Yoo Eun Jae

She rarely feels content and relaxed, and she becomes excessively stressed or easily becomes anxious over nothing much. She knows this about herself well, which causes her more anxiety and stress. Separate from this distressing self-knowledge, she is also very guarded against others, so even for daily anxieties or minor misunderstandings, she is very afraid that her true emotions will somehow leak out, so even in her subconscious, she makes effort to be meticulous and measured in her reactions.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodness gracious, everyone is a basket case, except I guess for Jin Myung.

I am loving Season 2. They need to make a new season of this every year.

I loved when Kang Unni told landlord boy, "I'm going to live here in the future." She's coming back? Season 3!

I loved when Kang Unni showed up, and says, "Mommy's here!" Oh, so cute. Too bad she didn't do much. I guess she's busy shooting other dramas.

Maybe she shows up next week to rescue everyone.

So someone puts a knife to Jin Myung's throat? WTF? WTF? Okay, I'm intrigued, but I'm always surprised by how dark each season gets. Ye Eun's kidnapping was genuinely traumatizing last year, but it also felt kind of... gratuitous? Like, did they really have to take it that far? But at the same time, I felt like they did a good job dealing with the fallout this season - showing how emotionally wrecked she became, but also how she was strong, and we knew she will eventually be all right - but that it's also a slow process. Also, the toll that it's taken on her friends, too. Very realistic.

I think the other friend, the one who didn't send those psycho texts - something's going on with her, too.

I can't wait until the next episode.

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

1. Yoon Jin Myung

At her foundation, she possesses healthy self-esteem and a strong personality. Even when she faces disadvantages, she faces them admirably and overcomes her weaknesses; she is someone with strong desires. However, she struggles with anxiety and conflicted feelings as well. Her conflicts may stem from her surrounding environment, but may also result from her excessive self-control.

2. Song Ji Won

By drawing herself as younger and immature than her actual age, we see someone who is denying her anxiety about reality. The big eyes and innocent smile indicate someone who wants to avoid responsibility about reality. But as we live, we encounter problems we cannot avoid, and by learning to face them, we mature. Like a scar on the knee of a child, we don't want to look at it or face it, but by ignoring it, a problem that is buried in menace or conflict cannot be brought out, so it cannot be dealt with in a constructive way.

3. Jung Ye Eun

This may be the image of someone who, in order to receive love from another, bends her will, gives in to the desires of others, or fails to exhibit her own individuality. She may exhibit a flamboyantly feminine image in order to receive attention from others, but she has little experience of being loved for only who she is, so she may not have the confidence that her true self is worthy of acceptance. More than anything, she has become sensitive to her present environment, and different from her previously ornamented self, she has become withered, and she has become emotionally insecure. She has become very sensitive to how others view her, and as she tries to appear cheerful and happy, she is also afraid that her insecure and sensitive self will be discovered. So as she tries to stick to what she is familiar with, she may continue to hide her true self.

4. Jo Eun

She may appear simple and coarse, but more than even herself realizes, she is emotionally sensitive, introverted, tender, and very thoughtful. She believes that the world is not a place she can interact with, but the truth is that she wants to run away from a world which she cannot control with only her effort and desires. However, it is true that the world is not such a friendly and welcoming place that it would embrace her if she opens herself up. So she must be skilled in avoiding personal relationships because it can be uncomfortable, complicated, and anxiety-inducing.

5. Yoo Eun Jae

She rarely feels content and relaxed, and she becomes excessively stressed or easily becomes anxious over nothing much. She knows this about herself well, which causes her more anxiety and stress. Separate from this distressing self-knowledge, she is also very guarded against others, so even for daily anxieties or minor misunderstandings, she is very afraid that her true emotions will somehow leak out, so even in her subconscious, she makes effort to be meticulous and measured in her reactions.

Thank you so much!! This show is so smart and accurate <3

yes until now Jinmyung seems so gloomy, her face is always carrying a big burdeen, and of course she controls her emotion so much. Han Yeri is such a natural actress...

and Jiwon oh Jiwon. That's so accurate... her obliviousness, crazyness, and hyperness are coping machine to not face that traumatic childhood. Hence i think this is one of the reason she can't face her real feelings toward SM. She is obsess about relationship and sex but she is actually scared of them.

edit: i just realize in the preview when Jiwon was wandering alone she was wearing a white ribbon like when someone passed away?:frown:

In the preview, JW is walking in a dreamy like atmosphere in the clip but there isn't a white flower in her hair. It's her hairband. I still think the next episode is about the ladies re-evaluating their lives - JM who is very self-controlled and I think she feels she cannot lose that control ; YE - who has gone through a lot with her ex and for most of this season has been a wallflower and not attracting attention - making it look like she is weak and needs to depend on others - could she find her courage again? ; EJ - who has thought mostly about her sunbae and how to get him back - what about looking and focusing on herself and the ones around her ; Eun - who is alone and a lone person - will she discover what it is like to receive love from others, protection from the ladies and JH; and JW - it looks like she is back to her serious self (as in childhood) - I hope she is resilient and bounces back from the shock if it is Hyo Jin who wrote the letter targeting her (with SM's support).

Listening to JM reading the letter makes it more and more like JW is the target - especially when it was mentioned about the target going to college and living happily.

Thank you to @chickfactor for translating the epilogue of their self-portraits - very astute descriptions of the ladies' personalities.

hahaha is it me or is the forum suddenly getting a lot of comments? Either way I'm glad it's active, and that we can openly discuss on the girls personalities as well as their issues......and also everything in between.

Has anyone done the AOY 2 quiz btw on Soompi? I usually don't take the quizzes, but it looks fun! 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/16/quiz-age-youth-2-character/

[edit] Just did it, lol didn't realise it came out a while ago. I got Jin Myung lol. 

I got jin myung too but honestly when we were watching this drama my friends said I'm like jw but my sis and aunt think I'm like jm.

Btw if that letter is about jw i think she was the victim herself but she ruined her friends life by saying lies maybe about seeing her friend with teacher instead of herself. 

43 minutes ago, sana82 said:

I got jin myung too but honestly when we were watching this drama my friends said I'm like jw but my sis and aunt think I'm like jm.

Btw if that letter is about jw i think she was the victim herself but she ruined her friends life by saying lies maybe about seeing her friend with teacher instead of herself. 

I wonder though... remember the scene in episode 3 when JW was telling SM about her flashback when she fainted? and then she saw the shoe part? didn't it seem like the shoe was located way up... like the person wearing it was sitting on the tree branch or somewhere above..? I wonder who that was though... if we assume that JW was actually the victim, then who was wearing the shoes that JW saw (who, at the moment, I'm assuming is the victim)?

Following your thoughts, where JW is the victim, do you think it's possible that JW started lying because she wanted to prevent the teacher from sexually abusing her friend (since she was abused by the teacher before)? And then everything she has been doing right now is her coping mechanism? So in a way, maybe she was trying to save her friend's life but unknowingly ruined it? Or is this too far fetched??? ?.?

However, I do think that the letter was most likely intended for JW. For one, it sounds like what she experienced/is experiencing. Secondly, without the letter her past can't be resolved because we are at a point where both JW & SM can't locate where JW's friend is... 

[edit]: did the quiz.. got EunJae... hmm... was the result accurate for you guys? i guess mine's 50-75% ish?? or maybe i'm just not admitting it...? lol.

32 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

@kasjady If I am not wrong, Age of Youth 2 is also getting the most buzz online. So it's great for the show!

(Perhaps the fact that I watch the SsongMin clips over and over and over on Youtube adds to the buzz? LOL)

hahaha yeah the amount of JW& SM clips increased so much since, it's crazy lol. I'm glad we're getting new viewers :)

LOL thank you for contributing :tongue: 

@gracebkk  wow you got EJ, I got JM but I feel like I'm midway between JM and EJ haha. Maybe the quiz should've been based on the epilogue scenarios haha. 

According to the news Age Of Youth has been no.1 for 3 weeks consecutively 

and Yes SsongSungmin couple is really popular. You can even see the number of views of this couple in Naver compared to the other scenes. SsongSungmin car scene already reached 345k while other characters scenes only amounted to 70+k.

I don't really understand but saw this couple stan twitter twitted about the Pd+writer most interested male character is Im Sung min? And the writer said she has a lot to tell about Song Jiwon?

it's only 4 eps left and i don't think you have told enough about this two... hmmph

now let's focus okay!!

I did the quiz and I got Ye Eun, tho I don't think I'm really like her. Maybe more like a mix of Jin Myung-Ye Eun.

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

According to the news Age Of Youth has been no.1 for 3 weeks consecutively 

and Yes SsongSungmin couple is really popular. You can even see the number of views of this couple in Naver compared to the other scenes. SsongSungmin car scene already reached 345k while other characters scenes only amounted to 70+k.

I don't really understand but saw this couple stan twitter twitted about the Pd+writer most interested male character is Im Sung min? And the writer said she has a lot to tell about Song Jiwon?

it's only 4 eps left and i don't think you have told enough about this two... hmmph

now let's focus okay!!

Yeah they did say that. For this season 2 they mentioned they really want to bring Sungmin back. I hope this would mean something by the end of this show.

4 hours ago, kasjady said:

hahaha is it me or is the forum suddenly getting a lot of comments? Either way I'm glad it's active, and that we can openly discuss on the girls personalities as well as their issues......and also everything in between.

Has anyone done the AOY 2 quiz btw on Soompi? I usually don't take the quizzes, but it looks fun! 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/16/quiz-age-youth-2-character/

[edit] Just did it, lol didn't realise it came out a while ago. I got Jin Myung lol. 

I actually got Jiwon :)

The new preview does scares me but at the same time, based on the second of Jiwon, it seem like it'll re-awaken her trauma in the past. It seem to be that her memories of her and Hyojin are locked away because of that one incident that changes her personality. Based on the flashback, it seem that the one who was wear the pretty shoes have been Jiwon whereas Hyojin wear converse/sneaker so I am curious what the pretty shoes mean? Does it means as a sign that her slowly locked away memories is slowing coming back to her? Did she had witness something that she shouldn't or if she had been victimized (given how she freezes up with guy) and whether her friendship was ripped apart because her friend had defend the preparatory causing Jiwon to retaliate with lies?  I think that incident itself left her on a arm's length in term of friendship (due to betrayal) because as far as we seen, she is close to the girls but at the same time, she keep them at arm length into herself (her lying habit, about Hyojin). The only one she actually open up is Sungmin (surprisingly and I wonder what makes Sungmin different that she's more open to him than to her friends). 

So curious and hopefully whatever truth comes out, Sungmin will be there for her all and all. They better end up together by the end of this season! If no kiss scene, then at least a hand holding skinship that they acknowledge each other's feeling. You hear me, show! LOL!

4 hours ago, gracebkk said:

Following your thoughts, where JW is the victim, do you think it's possible that JW started lying because she wanted to prevent the teacher from sexually abusing her friend (since she was abused by the teacher before)? And then everything she has been doing right now is her coping mechanism? So in a way, maybe she was trying to save her friend's life but unknowingly ruined it? Or is this too far fetched??? ?.?

My theory is its Hyojin is abused by the teacher and somehow JW caught the act and the the teachear asked her to stay quiet and do not say the truth to everyone else... so thats y she changed to the way she is right now, telling lies just because she couldnt tell the truth and help her friend, Hyojin. And Hyojin resented her for that. 

Anyway I got Jiwon. Haha I personally find myself related to JM though.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:30 PM, neonarmistice said:

JoEunie  what are you doing there?

Thanks for sharing :wub: The question is...is this her room or Jang Hoon's? Looks like JH's :ph34r: Are we going to see some action...lip action? :wink:

Just like the fan art predicting the different OTPs' kiss scenes (btw, love the art!), this is my other fav OTP....scenes are few and far between the whole storyline and the much spazzed about OTP -Sung Min & Ji Won...but this one is sweet and endearing (maybe its the Kim Min Suk effect!) My wishful thinking is that, even though JH was sad and backed off, that Eun will find the courage to express/hint of her liking for JH...telling him she will miss him before he enters enlistment. :wub: (PD-nim, give me/us some hope please. Jebal...)

there are 2 sentences that I can't seem to get them off my mind. In episode 6, when Ji Won
and Sung Min went back to her childhood school, and met the old teacher. The teacher told
them that Ji Won kept saying these 2 sentences:

There're crocodiles in the flowerbed.
There's a big snake in the art room.

Remember Ji Won told Sung Min before that she might have witness a child abuse incident?.
I think that might have been true. And she formed those 2 sentences to warn off her classmates.
"There're crocodiles in the fowerbed", I think it means that 'there is danger in the flowerbed'.
She's trying to warn her classmates to stay away from the flowerbed. She might have witness
a girl got attacked in the flowerbed.
"There's a big snake in the art room", Again, she's trying to warn her classmates here. In
most culture, snake represent something evil or someone evil. Ji Won did mention that the 
child abuse involved the art teacher. I think she's trying to warn her classmates 'There's 
a bad person in the art room'. I believe Ji Won formed those 2 sentence, because she feared
that if she came out, and tell the school that bad person may harm her too. If this is true
our Ji Won is a very very smart girl. 

59 minutes ago, ddeokbokkii said:

there are 2 sentences that I can't seem to get them off my mind. In episode 6, when Ji Won
and Sung Min went back to her childhood school, and met the old teacher. The teacher told
them that Ji Won kept saying these 2 sentences:

There're crocodiles in the flowerbed.
There's a big snake in the art room.

Remember Ji Won told Sung Min before that she might have witness a child abuse incident?.
I think that might have been true. And she formed those 2 sentences to warn off her classmates.
"There're crocodiles in the fowerbed", I think it means that 'there is danger in the flowerbed'.
She's trying to warn her classmates to stay away from the flowerbed. She might have witness
a girl got attacked in the flowerbed.
"There's a big snake in the art room", Again, she's trying to warn her classmates here. In
most culture, snake represent something evil or someone evil. Ji Won did mention that the 
child abuse involved the art teacher. I think she's trying to warn her classmates 'There's 
a bad person in the art room'. I believe Ji Won formed those 2 sentence, because she feared
that if she came out, and tell the school that bad person may harm her too. If this is true
our Ji Won is a very very smart girl. 

I agree with you, i think those sentences were to warn her classmates of the art teacher(abuser) but i also think that this was made unconsciously bc i think jiwon suppressed all those memories and maybe that's why she couldn't defend hyo jin. The preview trailer says "i  betrayed me" or i betrayed which could mean this.

Maybe it went like this  she couldn't back up hyo jin and nobody believed what she said and got transferred instead to her mom's hometown school ,then she ran away after her mother died and that's why she couldn't have all the opportunities jiwon had and following the assumption that Joanne = Moon Hyo Jin , she enjoyed reading and studying and this must have frustrated her a lot.

Now the thing with Jiwon that i found very weird is that nobody would have guessed she would go to college and less to a very good one (I think the girls go to yonsei wich is one the top three colleges in korea) and her goal at that time was to be a good housewife. And i don't know how is in korea ,but making that opinion based on middle school performance is not really what a teacher should do unless the problem is REALLY serious wich i think it was.

So maybe hyo jin didn't think that she would not make it through college and wasn't bothered but when she saw her at the massage shop she was triggered to hurt jiwon and that's why the letter is like that.

Yeah the teacher being shocked about her being able to go to college and manage to get a normal bf is so weird

i think the repercussions on JW  is bigger than we thought...

i just think these two girls have very different life. JW may have suffered the trauma and start acting out weirdly but the main point is she has loving supportive parents. That's why i think  erasing those memories aside, her parents must have helped her a lot 

22 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Yeah the teacher being shocked about her being able to go to college and manage to get a normal bf is so weird

i think the repercussions on JW  is bigger than we thought...

i just think these two girls have very different life. JW may have suffered the trauma and start acting out weirdly but the main point is she has loving supportive parents. That's why i think  erasing those memories aside, her parents must have helped her a lot 

Exactly, the most i get into the plot the more i'm  worried for jiwon tbh. 
About her parents, i think they probably knew what happened but they were trying to protect jiwon and said nothing even until now ,bc there's no way they wouldn't be worried about her sudden change even if it was for the best.
Now , when she learns what happened at least she will hopefully have a strong support system with the girls, Sungmin and her parents bc guilt is richard simmons and the amount of time she kept those memories was very long and her whole personality might be changed even though i hope she maintains her cheerful personality :bawling:

Archived