[Drama 2017] Save Me, 구해줘

0ly40

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem  hmmm...it's a fashion ring.  I know you are in denial, guy is taken hahha @AlexandraReid :tongue:

Spoiler

DJQv-8dXoAAaEmE.jpg:large&key=5fa46f98b4

DJQv-8hWAAA6Tam.jpg:large&key=18c32282d4

Will go catch episode 12 now.

Apostle Kang is one of the most complex female villains this year for me.  She does everything for the Almighty in hope of bringing both her and her daughter onto the Boat of Salvation.  She's  jealous of SM's mom because SM was willing to do something her daughter refused, thus denying her a spot on the boat.  If she did, I wonder like stroppyse,  whether Apostle Kang would be proud of the girl.  I don't know any mother who can twist the memory of her daughter's death in that way.  She flinched and was uncomfortable when SM and the man were beaten by Father Baek.  It brings back her own memory of being assaulted yet she refuses to admit that what they are doing is wrong.  :angry:

Dork!DongCheol, keeps asking all the right questions. I love that he was kind of annoying and also exposing the truth of cult by asking the important questions, 'how much we got to pay for this trip of salvation?' I love him. Real talk, I'd be asking the same things. This why I can't get into cults. I am broke post graduate student with tons of student loans. I can't be all about giving my hard earned money.

Apostle Kang is....she's not a true believer. No, just like Sang Mi's dad, she's a coward who can't account for their own life. She failed her daughter in so many ways. I believe her daughter probably once came to her about the fraudulent nature of almighty father and how he is truly a depraved pedophile who probably tried to molest her just as he had Sang Mi. Apostle Kang's daughter probably came to her with their ugly truths about the cult and what it would mean for them to stay and for her to become spiritual father. However for selfish reasons they both dress up as a need to take care of their family (taking the easy way of free and easy housing, food, education, work. etc) instead of working, toiling, slaving way in life, and most likely failing as they had been (I feel more for apostle Kang than Sang Mi's dad here, because it seems like she would have been forced to return to an abusive home while he, well he was just a naive man who was always allowing others to take advantage of him and had been and continued to put his family in harms way).

Apostle Kang like Sang Mi's dad ignored any warning signs. reasoned away any doubt, and stopped listening to their guts and the little voice that said "something is not right here." all for that feeling of better and accomplishment. While Sang Mi's father has "succeeded" (his daughter is spiritual mother and he is now an apostle with ranking and power) apostle Kang failed (her daughter killed herself as a means to escape) and almighty father never lets her forget that failure. Now she is determined to make up for that wrong, that failure by now succeeding in making Sang Mi spiritual mother, the things she could not do with her daughter. I'm not sure if apostle Kang truly believes she and her daughter's spirit will find salvation this way. To me she knows none of this is true. She knows that she was a neglect mother who was brainwashed and deluded by a cult. She knows this delusion lead to the death of her daughter. Basically she knows she sacrificed her daughter's life for a false salvation, a false religion, a lie. Deep down apostle Kang knows all this is a lie, but she can't admit this to herself. She's much like Sang Hwan has been.

She knows many truths. Many painful, hurtful, life shattering truths, she can never admit to herself because if she does, what becomes of her daughter? He forcing her daughter to stay? To become spiritual mother, to believe, to pray, to keep quiet, to obey almighty father....what becomes of daughter if all of it had been, is a lie? What does that make of her, apostle Kang as a mother? What did she do? What did she really do? Her daughter's death....what did she do? Where was she when her daughter needed her the most? Apostle Kang is not ready to face the truthful answers. She doesn't want to face the truthful answer. She will drown in the supposed boat of salvation before she can ever admit to herself that she allowed her daughter to be the prey of a deranged pedohile and it was all for....NOTHING! It was all for nothing more than to please his twisted sexual urges. That is a huge huge huge thing to be able to face. She can't do it (just like Sang Mi's father has been able to do it). She won't do it. It's all very sad and all so evil and hugely manipulative on almighty's father's part and also evil on the part of apostle Kang (and Sang Mi's father). They would rather become monsters, killers, prison wardens, mad nurses, and executioners; rather than admit, accept, and progress from their failures, mistakes, wrong choices, and plain old shortcomings in life. 

Detective. I am not even going to applaud you for this because you are still very much a lying, conniving, corrupt, evil little detective who should have been let go from your job eons ago. I agree with one user who wrote that he was probably just as corrupt and vile in Seoul and that whatever corruption he was involved in, go him demoted to Muji. It's very very very telling that it took a dead body for him to finally finally start doing his job. I refuse to praise him for this choice because he's doing his job. He is doing what he is suppose to do. What any decent detective does do. He is finally doing what he always should have been doing. He's doing his job. I just hope he sticks to do his job no matter how much corruption will try to stop him. I hope he doesn't again allow the money and reach of politicians and just general money and reach stop him form doing what he knows is right. The oath he had sworn to fulfill when he became a detective. 

Ooooooooo I am loving how all things are coming to a head right now. The dominion chips that have been laid out one by one throughout the series are all about to tumble one after the other after the other, after the other. Lawds I can't wait until so many get their comeuppance. The politicians, the gangsters, the cult, the whole freaking town....team F4 & Sang Mi (with he help of others) are about to leave them all shook. I can't wait! Sadly I will have to wait :( 

I am going to have major surgery tomorrow and will be in the hospital for about a week then it's rest for 3-4 weeks. I sadly probably won't be able to comment and will most likely have to marathon the last 4 eps. It's been such a joy posting here and reading you all's thoughts. I will comeback to back read and get thoughts and reactions to the remaining episodes. See you all when I am on the mend *waves bye for now* MAY DONG CHEOL NOT DIE!

I hope someone goes on a killing spree in the last episode (just like in japanese thrillers) because i really want to see Apostle Kang and Jo die at the very least and it'll be awesome if spiritual father goes psycho and kills them because he is "almighty" now (pfft as if). Also can Sang mi's father die too?

sorry for being violent guys......

Oh god the ending of episode 12. OH god oh god.....PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE HER! SAVE HER!! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

I WISH NOTHING BUT THE COLDEST CRUELEST DEATH TO ALMIGHTY PEDOPHILE AND AL THOSE WHO HELPED HIM, ENABLED HIM, AND ALLOWD HIM TO FLOURISH. 

DEATH TO SANG HWAN'S FATHER. DEATH TO SANG MI'S FATHER, DEATH TO APOSTLE JO, DEATH TO APOSTLE KANG, DEATH TO SENATOR PARK....KILL THEM ALL. 

My poor poor poor poor Sang Mi. She has been through so much and the worst of all are still coming...Please someone save her...

This drama is so filled with pain, I have to steel myself before watching each new episode and watch it between my fingers.

Worried, worried. 8841.png?w=129&h=150

But the character I worry most about is DC.  SM is protected. Disgusting yellow hair has a thing for her, nauseating as it is, no one is going to touch her.  Unless, of course crazy Mrs. Kang snaps and wants to kill her to hurt yellow hair.   I am not the only one hoping she will go into a rage and kill curly Jo and fat Jo, and Yellow hair et al.    SH has his father, who is a creep but has too much power and influence to make his son easy kill.   DC is easy kill. He is the ex con.  The writers have no mercy on us, they hold back no moment of horror and agony. The writers have knocked off a little child and a raped and killed young woman, and shown a boy humiliated into jumping off the roof.  He has shown a man beating his daughter and capturing her as an offering to a cult leader.  And the list goes on.  Do you think writer nim will spare us our Dong Choel?

I am already tearing my hair out.9361.png?w=115&h=150

18 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I am going to have major surgery tomorrow and will be in the hospital for about a week then it's rest for 3-4 weeks. I sadly probably won't be able to comment and will most likely have to marathon the last 4 eps. It's been such a joy posting here and reading you all's thoughts. I will comeback to back read and get thoughts and reactions to the remaining episodes. See you all when I am on the mend *waves bye for now* MAY DONG CHEOL NOT DIE!

Good luck with your surgery and get well soon! I'll miss your comments :)

Apostle Kang is truly trash. She shocked me the most this episode. I believed she could be redeemed but she is just as evil as the rest of them. Ughhhhhhh.

Sang Hwan's mother needs to rise up!! 

I REFUSE to believe dong Cheol will die. I've never cared so much about a male character. He's so cute with his glasses, he can't die. He needs to chill a bit on the questions though. He's so good at acting interested that he even had some of you guys fooled.

@maddymappo oh lord i lol hard at your yellow hair comment.  i always thought that he is blond platinum but you are right, it's crayola yellow.

I also dislike the grey eyebrows and white mask.  I'm not dissing the actor just voicing how this guy can't be taken seriously at face value. What are these town people thinking, how can they not see that the man needs a root touch up! :tongue:

Why... people, why are we so pessimistic!  DC is not going to die!

Father Baek can't die either... he deserves to be jailed with people who knows about his evil deeds, esp with children and women!  

@MrsSoJiSub good luck on your surgery! May the Almighty look after your speedy recovery! :)

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Save Me" Episode 12

photo887868.jpg

The efforts of our heroine, heroes and their allies are starting to bear fruit as they inch closer to Guseonwon's shady operations and more people are starting to hear about the cult. Detective Lee stumbles upon some very suspicious connections during a case, but will he take the matter seriously this time? A personal disappointment aside, I am ready for the final stretch.

I have been asking for official help to arrive for our heroes and it seems that the Dramagods are kinder than Baek's (Jo Sung-ha) twisted view of his own. Detective Lee (Jang Hyuk-jin) has been corrupt enough that I feel hesitant to trust him, but the glimpses of interest in something too big for him to ignore are there. Kudos to Jang Hyuk-jin for changing his demeanor so skillfully whenever Lee's detective sense tingles.

Spoiler

photo887867.jpgphoto887866.jpg

I do not expect Lee to arrive like a knight in shining armor, however, since "Save Me" has been very consistent with its characterization. I suspect that he may simply switch sides to Cheon Jae-soon (Son Jong-hak), who will probably be dying to take his superior and his new pet down in one go. Han Yong-min (Son Byung-ho) continues to be cruel, possibly revealing a personality disorder, Apostle Kang (Park Ji-yeong) becomes worse every day and so does Joo-ho (Jung Hae-kyun).

While I love the series greatly and I continue to be impressed by its consistency and quality, this is the first time "Save Me" has somewhat disappointed me. The last scene of the episode is highly problematic in its function, even if not in content. The threat of rape has existed for Sang-mi (Seo Ye-ji) since her very first contact with Guseonwon's leader. There is no issue there. After all, this is how our society often treats women and the subject should not be stigmatized, but have the appropriate exposure in media.

photo887865.jpgphoto887864.jpg

However, it is the fact that this threat is used as a cliffhanger that I find unfortunate. For one, the writer risks mirroring the very ideas their villains are being chastised for by dangling Sang-mi's sexual safety as bait for keeping viewers. It is also belittling for what is a traumatic, horrible experience to be insensitively teased as a transition to the next episode, rather than being given the gravity it deserves.

With the series close to its end, there are many things I am curious about. For example, I am running out of patience waiting for the narrative use of Joon-goo (Go Joon). I also want to see if Jeong-hoon's (Lee David) streaming will make a difference. Most of all, I want to see if all the clear signs pointing to Dong-cheol's (Woo Do-hwan) self-sacrificial death are truthful.

cr

P/S: WHY THIS REVIEW SAYS THAT DC might endup being self sacrificial death?

NOO im not ready for it, :bawling:

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

LOL. So, basically, DC is as good an actor as WDH. Nice!

Also, I'm with you on refusing to believe DC will die. In fact, if all the signs point to his death as some believe, there must be a twist so that DC doesn't die. It's because this show has not flinched from killing innocents already. Killing DC's only benefit will be to shock us viewers. SM and the other boys are already in it risking their lives. Despite @MrsSoJiSub's passionate list of all the signs that DC will die and how that will impact the people in the town, I don't see it. It's because the people are as they are, and the drama has been pretty consistent with their characterizations. All those people thought DC wasn't worth much. His death isn't going to change their mind. 

However, this is all moot. There are four episodes left where we will find out whether DC will die or not. And, since this is a story in the mind of the writer, who knows how the writer will plot this out. We've managed to be surprised till now, so all we can do is hang on and hope hard.

@MrsSoJiSub, you will probably have had your surgery by now. I hope it all went well, and that you're recovering quickly. Look forward to having you come back to us with your insights. :) 

WDH is honestly amazing. If DC dies it will devastate everyone, and it would be so unfair considering how much he's moved the plot along. I'm so glad that stupid police officer is getting it together, i LOVED seeing him roast them in Spiritual Fathers office.

@bedifferent   I read somewhere the "yellow hair" reference to him, but can't remember where to give credit, but like you, I thought yeah, his hair is yella!

@MrsSoJiSubI agree. Crazy Kang is in denial and projection. She cannot accept that she placed her own child in mortal danger by sacrificing her at the alter of that disgusting psychopath. So the world is the evil, the devil, and they are all saints who will be saved. (I cannot quote right now, the soompi system is knocking it out)

@MrsSoJiSub  My prayers and thoughts are with you this day. I hope your operation was successful and that you heal and get well as soon as possible. Looking forward to your comments when you return to us. 

*nervouslybitesnails* This drama is so stressful, unpredictable and since I saw so much negativity in regards of my baby Dong Cheol's fate, I went and spoiled the webtoon for myself (This required an hour of typing characters I can't read and clicking through random links on naver lol...and I got lucky)

There are only 4 episodes left, so If you want to enjoy the show properly without being spoiled beforehand please please be strong and ignore this. However, if being spoiled gives you a bit of comfort and doesn't ruin the show for you and you're dying inside.....in regards of Dong Cheol, at the end he

Spoiler

Dundundundudundundundundun

Spoiler

dududundundundndudun

Spoiler

dundun

Spoiler

LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

But then, the drama doesn't really follow certain events of the webtoon and has rewritten many characters...so we're kinda back to square one *nervouslybitesnails*

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@kawaiibooty, thank you for looking up the webtoon to try to allay our fears for DC, and don't worry about having posted the spoiler from the webtoon. Someone had already posted earlier on in this thread that all four boys and SM live in the webtoon. It's just that dramas don't always follow the webtoons when they're adapted. So, we're back to biting our nails. :wacko:

You know I just curious are you know SM end up with who? 

6 hours ago, Silver Fall said:

You know I just curious are you know SM end up with who? 

I do not think this is going to have  a traditional romantic end.  There will be some room for future  relationship but they will all be so shaken by this experience, and their lives  and relationships so torn up, there will need to be a healing period for them to reestablish themselves. I think SM will be taking care of her Mom (if hopefully her mother survives, if not she will be even more hurt inside.)  In my mind's eye, I see the whole group escaping and Guseonwon  burning down, set fire by the Kang woman -who I think is a fuse ready to blow.

Thank you @AlexandraReid for sharing the most recent BTS. I marathoned this drama over 2 days, and it has been an extremely dark, emotionally draining ride, which is all the more chilling because cults like these do exist, and are alive and well today. As such, the BTS, particularly of the villains - Apostle Jo sharing his fashionable curls with SM's father, as well as SM and BJK's lighthearted interactions after the cliffhanger confrontation - is such a welcome sight and a balm for the psyche that had taken so much battering over the course of the drama.

With 4 (?) more episodes to go, I am truly looking forward to seeing our ragtag underdogs finally seeing justice served at all levels, and the insidious evil of Guseonwon utterly eradicated.

Archived