[Drama 2017] Save Me, 구해줘

0ly40

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching??

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

• Rescue Me: This show is so good, but almost too real—it makes me so furious I can hardly stand to watch sometimes. I hate religious fanaticism so, so much, UGH, I want to burn that cult church down to the ground and salt the hell out of that earth.

girlfriday

• Rescue Me: I leapt out of my chair and fist-pumped like a fool when Dong-chul came back into the mix. I was so desperate for someone to save Sang-mi that I didn’t realize how frustrated I was by the other boys until he came back and breathed life back into everything. Now I finally feel like things are getting DONE.

HeadsNo2

• Rescue Me: They certainly know how to keep this from getting repetitive, since the writer seems to understand how to throw the audience a bone every now and then. We knew Sang-mi couldn’t be rescued this early in the game, but by giving us that shred of hope, that fleeting moment of freedom, the show effectively raised the stakes even higher. I remember being so mad at Dong-chul for not being there during any of the rescue attempts, but now it all makes sense, since he’s the only one able to infiltrate the cult. Woo Do-hwan is giving me Kim Woo-bin vibes from White Christmas by just exuding charisma and talent left and right, so color me stoked that his role is gaining even more prominence. (As for you, Sang-hwan, what’s it going to take for you to learn that you can never trust the system?)

cr

6 hours ago, triplem said:

ahahahah..i think OCN has a sense of humour. I'm not sure if I want a love line either. Given all the crap that Sang Mi has gone through, I just want her to get out of the cult alive. I hope she can go far away from this crazy town and start afresh. I want all the boys to survive, keep their friendships and just get on with their lives as young people should.

Me too...I don't want any shoehorned romance here.

21 minutes ago, lmhpsh said:

Me too...I don't want any shoehorned romance here.

Me three Chingu'.....  @triplem,  @lmhlsh and @stroppyse No romance at all. Dong Cheol is the only one not in it for the adventure but as a life or death situation. SH is trying to be a hero and following in Dong Cheol's footsteps.  SH knows something is wrong but doesn't know who to trust . 

Sang Mi and Dong Cheol is the only one who is realistic. 

SH tried to blackmail his father's mistress and it backfired on him. Smh smh 

I am in love with our network of team save Sang Mi and liberate Mijui. I'm so happy that Ms. Jung is a reporter. I'm so happy she revealed herself to Sang Mi and the two cans work closely to reveal the cult and hopefully bring it down. 

I'm so proud of all our boys and how smart they are being and how hard they are working together to save Sang Mi and bring that church down. I need subs but let's hear it for Sang Hwan and Dong Cheol and Man Hee and Jung Hoon. Boys are playing some ace spy games. Please keep it up. Don't get caught, and no one die! 

Sang Mi you remain my flawless princess. The strength and vulnerability of this character :wub::wub: I need subs, but it looks like mom awoke or is awakening because she's no longer being fed those pills, I'm scared she may have wandered to or into her death though....

ETA: I tried so hard to resist shipping in this drama but it was useless. I ship and I ship it hard. Like I will go down with this ship. My two ships (yes there are two whole a** ships) are Dong Cheol/life and Sang Mi/liberation. I ship these four so hard I'm willing to sacrifice Sang Hwan to make sure it sails (but only if we really truly really have to), fight me :tongue: 

@MrsSoJiSub.... That was a risk I knew would happen once she stopped taking those pills. Those pills were killling her slowly as and driving her insane. I think SM's mom will survive this because SM needs her mom and if she loses her mom she might give up. I don't know how SM will react to losing another important person in her life. That is what I fear the most. :bawling:

( Ugh, since few days ago, I can't see the likes and the like button disappeared for me in Soompi, so I'm so sad that I can't like your posts chingus cuz I've been reading them all and agreeing with each one of them. Do you have an idea who should I address to fix this? )

Any way, I seriously haven't been able to sleep properly last night cuz I kept thinking about this drama and how incredibly unpredictable it is. (for a Korean Drama, this is huge lol ) Like, I still have no idea how Sang Mi and Dong Cheol could have a proper life in the end of this (Sang Hwan has money so he could easily just go to Seoul or leave the country..) Sang Mi would still be in danger to a certain extent even if she runs away to seoul... and what would she do? Work? Study? What if a resentful former cult member recognizes her?.... and Dong Cheol my poor baby boy can no longer become a police officer because of his time in jail and is now more linked to gangsters and by helping his hot gangster ahjusshi I think that he made some new powerful enemies..... Plus, now he is undercover in the cult and god knows what they'd be able to do to him if they discover his plans. These two characters are the ones I'm rooting for the most, they both have been in prison for the past three years and both went through so much richard simmons. It's quite stressful to literally have no idea what would their outcome be. If things end up well for our broken characters, I mean, If they make it alive and have a lil sanity left, the perfect scenario for me is a hint, just a suuuubtle hint of romance between them by the end, something to reassure us that they'll be close to each other and support each other for the rest of their lives. But then, I have no idea how would that be possible and It makes me so sad. I'm also fine with no romance at all in the drama especially not with Sang Hwan, I don't want an ending with Sang Hwan taking Sang Mi to Seoul and using his money to provide for her, something like "come with me, I'll take care of you" cuz I'll be infuriated at how cheesy and unsatisfying that would be.

@kawaiibooty ohhh lol Flower Boys with that background soundtrack is hilarious.

BTW, Soompi is playing with the new theme.  Go straight 6pm down to bottom of page, change the theme to default and you will be able to tag a reaction to the post.  Only thing is new theme is buggy.  You can't move to next page with the next key. You have to refresh the page to move to next page bc it will be stuck in load mode.  So to like a post, you have to toggle between the themes esp if you post on your phone.

@AlexandraReid the most important point from your posts (thanks!) is WDH wears a ring on THE ring finger :lol: I didn't know he's in his mid twenties.  He does look mature so good for him to get this break out role.

I will now go read all your posts.  Glad this drama is retaining/getting more love.

@UnniSarah hello. Yup, no love triangle here. Just friendship among the F4 and SM.  Tho I fear their love for her will put them in danger.

SM's mom is awake to save her husband or daughter from him I hope.

Omg that preview scene of tomorrow's ep with Dong Cheol and the Spiritual Father is freaking me out.. I can't tell if DC actually believes what he is saying or just trying to get more involved in the cult to find evidence. 

Hi everyone unlike most of you I like SH character and I really like he have some lovelines with SM . In Episode 8 when SH talked to SM by massaging on his phone I really touched and that was one of the greatest part of this drama and I don't think the voting Change anything because they finish their drama already.

Please I really like SH become happy I don't like because of his prevous mistake he sacrifice his self I really getting worried about him. 

Dear all,

we been doing so well, the drama is almost over (so sad that there is only 2 weeks left) let's not get into unneeded shipper (this drama has no love line or lines though fans are free to read into scenes however they choose) or fav wars. Although I kid about his dying (I seriously would sacrifice him or bb Dong Cheol if it meant Sang Mi could live) I need Sang Hwan to live and repair his friendship with Dong Cheol and go to Seol and hopefully be an upstanding man of the law. 

The F4 boys are all wonderful but flawed in their own individual ways. All the of them have their own unique connection to Sang Mi and all of them are working hard to save her. Let's savor that and not go in on things that don't really matter and isn't really part of the story. Let not bring down simply to prop up. It's possible to shine a light on your fav without shading and burying other characters. 

As things come closer to the end, lets continue to keep the love and respect flowing in our discussions. 

8 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

PREVIEW ep.12

--

@UnniSarah why you not able to watch weekend drama? perhaps you dont have time?

Otherwise, I had a feeling that SM's mom might endup die :(

Can anyone help with translating the preview that @AlexandraReid posted? It's much longer than the one I saw when watching the subbed episode online.

Archived