[Drama 2017] Save Me, 구해줘

0ly40

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

oh darn.. this is like one of those monster or disaster or train burning movies or war movies, where you know the goal is to survive the night before morning comes and the troops would come barging in to save them

Its a long long night, how will DC survive.. given reporter is captured, it means they have found kang and they know DC's real identity

1. Right now, irony is SM's safety will be ensure by baek himself...  because he is so crazy to believe that he is indeed the almighty.. he will not rape her (thank god for that.. plz stay delusional)

2. kang is loony.. legit loony.. how did she change so much? initial moments of her as a rational observer who chose to not take action.. turned into a psychopath .. 

when the realization will hit upon her and SM's father.. i can't even imagine how much more denial will they go into

3. Why is that crazy woman back doing kang's bidding.. his son was here to burn the church and she is pushing reported into the washing machine? I thought they would pull SAW.. with washing machine ripping her face into shreads.. and it  will be all gory

4. So seol detective was an ace detective.. lol.. for some reason i really enjoy SH-detective scenes.. they are comic relief in this dark dark world.. i can't believe how "cool" these characters are wriiten.. 

Everyone is in grave danger.. they know every one is in grave danger.. infact they are the flagbearers of rescure team.. and yet their interactions in that calm , logical way are a treat.. dramas never do that.. people are always frantic.. its funny and cool..

5. Its upto last week.. when will the goons make their presence known in this drama.. there has to be a reason these characters exist.. right?

6. ep 15 is so going to be that night that doesn't get over.. DC hunt will begin, SM will be captured, i am phanting

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished ep 13 & 14 and those were SO good! I'm in awe of the progression of the story.

Things can only go downhill from here. Everything's gonna happen fast next week, Sangmi and the guys seem to be out of time. Apostle Jo isn't playing the nice guy anymore, and apostle Kang will wake up (I assume she's still alive?) and realise Dongcheol's games. I wonder what DC and SM were talking about in the preview? I understood DC saying "are you crazy?" 

Poor Junghoon. I felt so so bad for him, even though broadcasting that weird richard simmons without gathering all the evidence and being in a safe position to expose yourself like that by exposing them, was a pretty stupid decision. Also heartbroken when he realised his dad's not the guy he thought he was. He's not a lost cause though, I think his dad will turn around and end up helping them.

I stick by my statement that DC is the only real smart one of the gang. Sorry SH, your "I'm the brains" speech didn't make sense to me. DC is SO good in his disguise, I kept thinking ooooh they're onto him now. But ratting out the guys in front of everyone was another smart move.

I also can't help it I just enjoy all the DC and SM scenes SOOO much.They are so similar and they just want to get this richard simmons done together. All their scenes have this certain tension but it seems that once they talk to each other there's also some relief since they know they have each other's backs in there. 

Can't wait for next week. Everything's going to go so wrong, but let's hope there's some light at the end of this tunnel.

Hi there.  Came out of lurker mode as these past episodes are too intense to keep quiet anymore.

As we are nearing the conclusion of the drama, I really hope that there is a happy ending for SM and the guys.  Although this drama was filled with darkness from the beginning and I know this is not a "rainbows and unicorns" storyline, I think that all of the protagnists deserve to live quiet, peaceful lives at the end.  I would love to see SM and DC meet under normal circumstances and hope that is not asking for too much.

Like the majority, DC is my favorite character.  Woo Do Hwan is really nailing this role playing both a tough guy and an innocent nerd.  Actually, I watched him on Man Living in Our House as a gangster, so when he went undercover, I was impressed how he could do a complete 180 with his character.  I really hope this actor gets to do a romcom sometime in the future.

As for SH, I think the writer of his character really failed in making him the "hero".  I feel like the writer made SH too complicated with other family issues to deal with that it distracts him from really stepping up and helping SM like DC is.  I mean from the beginning, he didn't help SM in high school because of his father.  As a "hero" I'm used to seeing a character throw everything away for the girl.  But because "DC" went in his place, now I view him as the ultimate hero.  I know that SH is trying to make up for it and I give him credit for it, but I just feel that the writer made his efforts look half-a$$ed in comparison to DC.  I agree with other viewers that it seems the character order should been have switched.

Finally.... I really hope the reporter gets her story out.  I think the most "hope" I felt is when the reported revealed herself as an unexpected ally to SM.  We always knew the boys were on her side, but it was nice to see someone else too.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Save Me" Episode 13

photo889967.jpg

The closer Sang-mi and her saviors get to the truth and to a semblance of victory the more alert out villains become and this creates some situations which may soon end lives. Sang-hwan finally gets somewhere with his pleas for some official support and Guseonwon's sordid past starts surfacing once more. There are things "Save Me" has not delivered, but ample suspense is not one of them.

Sang-mi's (Seo Ye-ji) allies are in for a world of hurt, as seeing the finish line makes them careless. Jeong-hoon's (Lee David) slip up could cost him his life, but it is not out of character for our naive savior. Dong-cheol's (Woo Do-hwan) curiosity creates suspense and it fits his impulsive nature. While So-rin's (Jeon Yeo-bin) oversight is big, I can see why our reporter would start slipping up with distractions around her.

Spoiler

Jeong-hoon being interrogated by Wan-taeDet. Lee and Sang-hwan looking into the cult's past

Episode thirteen sees a lot of forward movement with certain characters and thankfully not all of it is dangerous or at least yet. I want to feel hope from Detective Lee (Jang Hyuk-jin), but he has met no opposition to his investigation yet. He has already been established as someone who will drop his duty on demand and I feel that there is a reason why the series has made that so very clear. My hope is that he will be too scared to bury a case he now realizes many outsiders know about.

It is officer Woo's (Kim Kwang-gyoo) corruption which carries more weight, however and that is because of Jeong-hoon. Bribery makes him an accomplice, rather than just a lazy worker. However, it is his function in the series that I find most regretful. "Save Me" has sadly not made good use of several supporting characters. Dae-sik's (Lee Jae-joon) outburst is a good indicator of their use as mere plot devices. From Joon-goo (Go Joon) to the lovely "noona" at the tavern (Choi Hyeok-joo), it is a shame seeing potentially fun characters go underutilized.

Spoiler

Jeong-hoon's father accepting a bribeSang-mi trying not to tip Wan-tae off

Even so, I can handle this disappointment when it comes to the world of Muji if we get through things with all major loose ends tied. If the aforementioned characters are given impactful scenes during their obvious one function in this story during the upcoming episodes, it will be a comfort. After all, the writer is a rookie and sometimes one's vision can shrink a lot from conception to delivery.

As far as predictions on character fates go, I firmly believe Dong-cheol would die to save someone or everyone, although Jeong-hoon could be used as a narrative sacrifice to spare our more developed hero. So-rin's fate is looking mighty grim as well. Whatever sacrifices happen, I look forward to the moment when Baek Jeong-gi (Jo Sung-ha) discovers how flammable he really is. I am counting on you, "Save Me".

===

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Save Me" Episode 14

photo890063.jpg

It is a time of disillusionment for our heroes and villains alike and we know how the latter deal with it. While our infernal apostles fight for power, their instincts and observational skills are sadly impeccable. So-rin and Dong-cheol are in grave danger while Sang-mi does her best to keep up the act through thick and thin. Our saviors on the outside are ready to strike, but they are alone.

From Bo-eun's (Yoon Yoo-sun) realization that her daughter is also hiding from a husband she no longer recognizes to Jeong-hoon's (Lee David) disappointment with his father, episode fourteen seems set on tearing down all hope for the adults of Muji. I call them adults for a reason. It is the word Dong-cheol (Woo Do-hwan) has been using. That is because "adult" in the context of "Save Me" signifies the corruption of morality.

Spoiler

Sang-mi and her mother reuniteMan-hee and Sang-hwan prepare to infiltrate Guseonwon

Corruption is plentiful in this story, but while most dramas focus on its prominence in politics, business and the justice system, "Save Me" has been doing a wonderful job at portraying it as the scourge it really is. Corruption is not always for personal gain or only done by the rich and powerful. It permeates every layer of society and it can even stem from love, or at least a misguided idea of it. Jeong-hoon learns this the hard way, following after Sang-hwan and Dong-cheol before him.

Corruption is vile, but it is also predictable, negotiable and subject to reason. What is truly scary is belief and this episode makes it clearer than ever. While Jo Wan-tae (Jo Jae-yoon) has been running a business, his partners have been buying their own lies. Kang Eun-sil (Park Ji-yeong) may have been seeing the parallels between her current and past situations, but that belief makes her denial vicious and violent. Narrative value aside, it is truly enjoyable wondering which villain will blow this place up first.

Spoiler

Wan-tae threatens Eun-silSo-rin being told to escape by Dong-cheol

Whoever does it has to get there soon, because everyone's safety is down to the wire. Everything rests on Sang-hwan (Taecyeon) now, but we know that his mother is his weakness. I will not be surprised if he chooses his loved one over strangers, as it would only make sense, but I have a feeling that he will try to help everyone this time. Whether that will work or not is debatable.

While Sang-hwan has a plan, the people he relies on are not trustworthy. We have no idea where his father is and Detective Lee (Jang Hyuk-jin) has been looking for a way out since he took interest in this case. The heroine and heroes still have absolutely no outside help. Perhaps the only way out is an event too big to cover up and that can only involve death.

cr

9 hours ago, alleverything said:

I stick by my statement that DC is the only real smart one of the gang. Sorry SH, your "I'm the brains" speech didn't make sense to me. DC is SO good in his disguise, I kept thinking ooooh they're onto him now. But ratting out the guys in front of everyone was another smart move.

has to be right.. DC was preparing to become a police officer out of his volition.

SH on the other hand initially was doing what daddy wanted to.. and now maybe because DC was sent to jai.. so that is still 3 years of law vs lifetime of wanting to become a police officer :)

And police offers are more into action..

I wish detective would clear all charges on DC and give him an opportunity to become an officer

Actually the reporter was found not because they already found apostle Kang (I'm sure she's still sleeping, for a long long time since that injection is enough to bring down an elephant like what she claimed), but because they ran into the reporter by coincidence. The reporter wasn't clear headed enough to hide and check first whether that car could help her or not, and exposed herself right away.

The help DC gave to So Rin by exposing himself now has gone to drain, I'm punching my pillow for that. Now I wonder how DC would survive there. The time is even more limited now, since DC and others have to do things especially before apostle Kang wakes up and exposes DC to everyone in Guseonwon.

23 minutes ago, riribl said:

Actually the reporter was found not because they already found apostle Kang (I'm sure she's still sleeping, for a long long time since that injection is enough to bring down an elephant like what she claimed), but because they ran into the reporter by coincidence. The reporter wasn't clear headed enough to hide and check first whether that car could help her or not, and exposed herself right away.

The help DC gave to So Rin by exposing himself now has gone to drain, I'm punching my pillow for that. Now I wonder how DC would survive there. The time is even more limited now, since DC and others have to do things especially before apostle Kang wakes up and exposes DC to everyone in Guseonwon.

well lets hope SH tells DC that reporter never made it.. and DC is smart to hide Kang.. but where can he hide her... 

45 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

well lets hope SH tells DC that reporter never made it.. and DC is smart to hide Kang.. but where can he hide her... 

Did DC hide Kang? I didn't notice it. I thought he left her just like that.

58 minutes ago, riribl said:

Did DC hide Kang? I didn't notice it. I thought he left her just like that.

no i am saying that for ep 15 he hides her upon information received from SH.

Reporter is caught. they knew kang was going to deal with her. She could not have made it on her own so someone helped.

They will go looking for the culprit. And if they find Kang tranquilized then they will revive her to know about the spy.

Anyway Jo is suspicious of DC.. actually more than suspicious.. he knows something is wrong

ep 14 was AMAZING. I was so shocked and proud when Dong Cheol stabbed Kang with her own injection, genius. He was so smart all throughout this episode, and such an angel with Sang Mi's mother. Jo was starting to suspect him but I think his fake snitching made him change his mind.

Poor So Rin. Fire prayer, washing machine, drugging, kidnap and re-kidnap. Not looking good for her. Sang Hwan is always late on his bike lol.

FINALLY, HIS MOTHER IS MOVING!!!!!!!!! 

She's so smart to have recorded everything. She's gonna expose his sh's dad both for his ties with the cult and being a shitty person in general. Ye Ji's acting was outstanding as usual. That scene where she was giving the fire prayer...amazing.

I'm soooo ready for next weeks eps.

Also Kang killed her husband!! They've all committed serious crimes even outside of the cult.

So Dong Cheol has been 'Christ on the cross'. Christ on the cross died for our sins, to save human kind, to salvage us, etc etc anyone who has been in church or knows anything about Christianity knows. Christ on the cross was also misjudged, discriminated, hated, and crucified. While on earth no one expect his disciples and believers saw him in a positive light. He was a poor carpenter, do-gooder, helping the poor sick and needy. Walking around without shoes, no home, no parents, babbling what not about some higher being. Christ was seen as an outsider, an agitator, he was unwanted, unheard, and unvalued, (until after his death).  

Our boy Dong Cheol since we've met him has been a self sacrificing, pure, moral young man who leaps to help those he can whenever he can, however he can. From going onto that rooftop to now infiltrating the cult, boy gives himself up for others relentlessly. Like Christ left home and things behind to do good so has Dong Cheol left his work, home, and friends (more than once) to do for others. Just like Christ was looked down on, mocked, thought of as less than, discriminated, betrayed, so has Dong Cheol. The town has and continues to think very little of him and the only ones who seem to know his worth are Sang Mi, F4, gangster friends, and those he comes in contact with (like Christ with his disciples and those lives he touched). Christ on the cross died for us, Dong Cheol is just as determined as Sang Mi is to bring thus cult down (I loved that "all of them") and boy and his ways is willing to die if need be. The scene with the grandmas, Dae Sik and reminding about his mom and his promise to bring it down, then Sang Mi mom scene (WDH is such a good actor. The clutching hands, the tear rimmed eyes, the voice of promise and reassurance...all the awards) our boy is determined to save and bring them down. He's Christ on the cross. 

Now dancing gangster who found religion in prison has cynical, disdainful feelings towards Christ on the cross. He finds him to be a fool. Dancing gangster's own experiences has made him jaded towards ideals of loyalty, standing up for others, sacrificing for others, and doing all for someone else. He himself did that for his best friend and was badly betrayed and abandoned as a result. This has him view Christ on the cross as a dunce who's being used/allowing himself to be used by others. As he voices in episode 8 or 9 after fighting the gangster sent to kill him in the church; he tells Christ to "come down now". He tells Christ to stop being an idiot who continues to bare the cross for those ungrateful, unworthy, un-loyal, unthankful. He tells him to take off the cross and just think and focus on himself. His life for once. This is the very message dancing gangster has been sending Dong Cheol since we met the two. 

We are introduced to dancing gangster giving Dong Cheol a hair cut in prison (sort of how some parents caught their children's hair in the kitchen, father son analogy) telling him to forget his past and go out and live a new life (lay down the cross of burden and free yourself from others). When they next meet after the dancing gangster fight he asks Dong Cheol if he's met his friends, Dong Cheol says no, and again dancing gangster advices him to forget those friends, forget the past, and just ficus on his life, his new self, new friends (lay down the cross of Sang Hwan's betrayal and his selfless act for Sang Jin and start a more "me focused life). At every turn dancing gangster has tried to be of sone guidance to Dong Cheol his message a,ways ultimately being 'you like me like Christ we did for others we bore for others and were betrayed/crucified. Lay it down now and do for, and about, self'. In the end god the father of Christ does take/get his son off the cross. When Christ makes the ultimate sacrifice for others, god takes him off the cross. He frees him of the burdens, resurrects him, and gives a new much better life, a new standing, a right seat at his throne. 

Since being out of prison Dong Cheol has been like dancing gangsters right hand, someone he can trust, someone he has been somewhat trying yo lead and mold, and a son if you will. In episode 11 shady detective whom I don't trust, even refers to Dong Cheol as dancing gangster's son. Dancing gangster answers he could never have Dong Cheol as a son sue to his independence and temper and will, but looks at Dong Cheol with affection while doing so. He's God to Dong Cheol's Christ on cross of a son and in the end he's going to free him from that cross (all the self sacrificing aka his cult take down mission) and save or majorly help him. There have been so many allusions to this. To this whole relationship and coming. The gangsters have each other's backs and will be there no matter the price to do what needed, that's their code (ep 10 ambush help). He is going to save our Dong Cheol. Our boy will be in greater danger or on brink of death and there dancing gangster and Dae Sik will be. 

In episode 12 dancing gangster calla apostle Jo a false prophet and shows such loathing towards Jo and Guseonwon. Jo then sneers with the same hatered and looking down on dancing gangster invites him to Guseonwon. Our dancer was near ready to kill the man if it weren't for the once beat up by Jo now lowly bar man who stopped him. That is invitation that confrontation is not nothing. Then ep 13 with Dae Sik and Ding Cheol's confrontation, promise if trust, and intent to bring it all down....my gangsters and "dark seeds" if the town, who in reality are the pure and bright lights of the town, are going to save the town and bring all of the cult and the complicit town (I told you guys those boxes had more than deer medicine in it. I knew it. Those visits and dolling it out. The way the whole town sees but pretends they don't see it. The way they help engage with and enforce the cult...money!  off course they benefit from the cult and will go along with it because money. The greatest corruption to any soul is greed, lust of money, and self preservation. F*** every single complicit adult in Mijui. May they burn on the boat of salvation right along with Jo, Kang, Baek, and Sang MI's father when Baek attempts a Waco). 

I have hope my boy won't die and episode 15 preview gave me more hope about my theory. I am now 50/50 that our Dong Cheol may live. I paused ep 15 preview and look whose standing in the back as Baek unfortunately has not died and continues to harass my queen Sung Mi, in the back stand dancing gangster, Dong Cheol, apostle Kang, and Sang MI's despicable father. We also see Sang Hwan have some words with dancing gangster. I hope Dae Sik also informs of what his "son" is doing and my team gangsters plus F3 save the day. 

Next phone sneak post: why Sang Hwan's raid will fail. The importance of momma waking up. The parallel of Sang Mi and Sang Hwan, and why have no sympathy for dad or apostle Kang because both are not insane (somewhat brainwashed yes), both know right from wrong, and both for very selfish reasons choose evil. Also the greatness of ghost Sang Jin visiting everyone but dad (this is very very telling). 

I'm smiling like an idiot and I really had to pose many times to fangirl a bit and breath and giggle and then continue the video. It's really unhealthy to be this excited this late in the evening because I won't be able to sleep easily now ahahaha but omg thank you so much @triplem for suggesting that  @stroppyse  translates the cute interview and thank you @stroppyse for fulfilling my wish. I want to squeeze you and give you a big kiss on the cheek because your translation gave me a lot of happiness and my fangirl heart is satiated if not a little overdosed xD 

I'm loving the fangirl who is interviewing him and editing the video so much. Lmao, she is totally smitten and can't hide it and it's so cuuuuute!!! She is all of us and I salute her for being strong while being bombarded by his cute smiles and shy mannerism. I honestly couldn't stand them smiles, I had to pose quite often, look away and contemplate on life for a bit xD Almighty! help me!

But isn't Woo Do Hwan swoon worthy? I'm so happy to be one of those people who discovered him through this amazing thriller and were totally blown away by his acting skills and charms ans are now witnessing his recognition in the drama industry (looking forward to Mad Dong Like no other drama) And I'm so so glad he was cast as Dong Cheol because without his acting skills (his intense gaze, subtle micro expressions, softness, the use of his voice..) I think Dong Cheol would have been just.... an underdog with a temper.... And Dong Cheol to me and I'm sure to many other viewers is one of our absolute favs. He is my absolute fav personally and I need him to get a break and get a lot of happiness and love and a fair life...or else I'll be wounded and bitter for life and ocn headquarters would be burned to dust I'm telling you! we're many to threaten them already xD

So bring it on Do Hwan shii! Romance, melodrama, comedy, action, X.... I'll be here cheering for you!!! And I hope you'll be here too chingus <3 

Thank you again and here's my little treat:

A twitter account full of Dong Cheol close up gifs. Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/92x712

Thanks @stroppyse for the last translation of WDH's OCN translation.  He's sooo cute. Talented and sweet, :wub:

What a great show!

Ohhhh I love love episode 13-14.  The characters and plot lines finally converge. However, I don't quite find the U turn in character of Det Lee convincing, from a corrupted cop to one who sympathized with the son over the  father/governor Han.  Knowing the depth of corruption the politicians have over Muji, how he was also in the midst of it (like JH's police chief dad), I doubt if Det Lee can change his heart and mind so easily.  We see him investigating the death of a girl who was a former cult member... this planted a seed of doubt in his mind about the legitimacy of this church.  However, changing from a corrupted cop then suddenly to one to help the boys was a lttle unbelievable for me.  He didn't really have anything personal invested in the whole thing to risk his career by helping a group of boys fight against something he sensed is more powerful and evil than any one of them in this small town Muji.  Maybe he feels some guilt and finally some moral obligation as a law officer but I just need a little more convincing from the writer.  When Det Lee finds out that SH's dad is cooperating with Guseowon, as he sits in the car watching them walk up the church's steps, it seems like he was a totally different person that I saw in the beginning episodes.

Anyway, I like the reveal that both Jo and Baek were inmates.  Is Muji a magnet for ex-cons? :D Now I understand why we have gangster stories in this cult drama.  Will we eventually get to know more about Jo and Baek's background, their dirt, anything that can help prosecute and destroy Guseowon?  Will we get a bunch of guys who know Jo or even Baek? Joon Goo must be able to dig into their prison past right? :D  I hope we get explanations and a little more on his character.  Speaking of which, Dae Sik, please befriend DC again and help save your mom!

SH...his timing is always :lol: It's as if God and the Almighty has other plans for him,... or maybe it's DC who is being tested by a higher being.   I hope the reporter is ok... Jo Jae-Yun plays the scariest character in dramaland.  The last time I saw him was in Liar Game, such a different character than Apostle Jo.  He's frightening here.  So is Park Ji Young playing Apostle Kang.  She is just plain crazy.  She wills herself to believe, in a fanatical and destructive manner... destroying her mental health, her psyche, her daughter.... she was a victim of abuse and now she has turned the table and became the abuser.  It's so scary how she used the faith she has toward this religion to live... she has to protect it at all cost or her life has been a lie and all that she has sacrificed is a tragedy.

I adore SM and DC's relationship.  They trust each other and work so well as a team.  SM doesn't want to forsee any failure in her plan.. she's willing to sacrifice everything to save everybody, something she couldn't do for her brother.  DC, on the other hand, is willing to help her even though he understood the risk and reality, danger and all.  I refuse to believe DC will die, he may get hurt but he will survive.  Just because it would be devastating for SM to lose someone she is so close to a second time.

YAY for SH's mom, recording all these things her hsb has said to her at bedside. 

Father Baek believes he is immune to fire and heat.  He'll die with the church.  He believes he is the chosen one.  Unlike Apostle Jo, I don't think he will try to escape if their plan is exposed so I think he may die by the time the drama ends.  The way to kill this cult is to hit it where it hurts the most, their bank account.  Whatever Apostle Jo is curating and stealing... take them all away.

Yeah having detective lee involved right now just seems like a cop out and takes away from all the characters who've put everything on the line to expose the cult. The thing is they can easily rectify it by simply showing him having a conscience and still feeling ashamed of how he failed D.C. But it's just not there. Maybe they tried to in that scene where he retrieved the documents from that gangster he blackmailed while D.C. Was present but the actor didn't make acting acting choices to portray moral ambiguity when he told D.C. To try not to end up in jail again. Or they could have had San Hwan throw in a line while he was on his knees begging for the detectives help about how many more future or potential of Mujis powerless youth is he going to crush by turning a blind eye but instead they to try appeal to him by saying he's from Seoul lol. The writing and acting for this character has been a missed opportunity in an otherwise pretty tight story. Meh

Archived