[Official] Gao Wei Guang / Vengo Gao / 高伟光 ❤ Dilraba Dilmurat / Di Li Re Ba / 迪丽热巴 - Next project "The Pillow Book"

ReemKanabta

2 hours ago, Arel Lee said:

hi.. I read this. What do you think?

It's been discussed at length over at ELOD thread. It would be difficult considering copyright of the story, the length of the novel (I mean we still feel 56EP is too short!) and the general consensus is that if the leads are not V and R, the fans don't even want to see it. So the movie is unlikely to happen, at least not anytime soon.  

This movie poster has been released since around the time the casts of ELOD was announced i think. But it resurfaced again after the success fo ELOD. 

But seriously, the stone/ancient dragon is so misconceiving.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sg_niner said:

It's been discussed at length over at ELOD thread. It would be difficult considering copyright of the story, the length of the novel (I mean we still feel 56EP is too short!) and the general consensus is that if the leads are not V and R, the fans don't even want to see it. So the movie is unlikely to happen, at least not anytime soon.  

This movie poster has been released since around the time the casts of ELOD was announced i think. But it resurfaced again after the success fo ELOD. 

But seriously, the stone/ancient dragon is so misconceiving.

Alas... If there's no movie then its unlucky us.. Also we still expect and hope the main lead actors remain the same with ELOD for many people said the characters in ELOD are just like tailored for V and R.

Tencent can make the movie into 2 parts, cant they? he he (I wish...)

• Sad 2

i don't know a lot about the movie situation. what i do know is that when peach blossoms was airing, people were like "after gwg there is no donghua dijun", it was the role that brought him a lot of fame and made him known to the audience. then when pillowbook (drama) was announced, all the fans complained and yelled and cried and made it very adamant that if gwg did not reprise his role, they would not watch the drama. they are both then cast. the drama airs. the consensus "after gwg there is no donghua dijun" is even stronger. i would feel very bad for any male actor who (if) decides to play donghua dijun for the movie. 

see, if they make a movie version, the biggest fan base would be the book fans & now the new drama fans. if you richard simmons both of them off by not recasting dlrb & gwg, then you lose that market, and your movie won't do well. 

i don't think they'll be doing a movie for pillowbook anytime soon. if they do, it would be a very bad business decision to not recast dlrb & gwg. i also think it is unlikely that dlrb & gwg will reprise their roles (as we know that rb fans greatly dislike rb working w/ jaywalk actors, especially ones named gao weiguang) 

if they do decide to film a movie version, (movie versions of highly successful dramas usually don't go well) then it really will be three lives, three worlds. :)

• Like 5
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

They will make movie version very soon because license to make drama and movie are nearly expire. TMOPB license is already expired and returned to the author. I think RB rabid fan already in trouble this years. A real obstruct is JX, I don't think a disappear of a lot of ELOD's BTS on Youtube is caused by fan but someone more Influence.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, 水蜜桃 said:

i don't know a lot about the movie situation. what i do know is that when peach blossoms was airing, people were like "after gwg there is no donghua dijun", it was the role that brought him a lot of fame and made him known to the audience. then when pillowbook (drama) was announced, all the fans complained and yelled and cried and made it very adamant that if gwg did not reprise his role, they would not watch the drama. they are both then cast. the drama airs. the consensus "after gwg there is no donghua dijun" is even stronger. i would feel very bad for any male actor who (if) decides to play donghua dijun for the movie. 

see, if they make a movie version, the biggest fan base would be the book fans & now the new drama fans. if you richard simmons both of them off by not recasting dlrb & gwg, then you lose that market, and your movie won't do well. 

i don't think they'll be doing a movie for pillowbook anytime soon. if they do, it would be a very bad business decision to not recast dlrb & gwg. i also think it is unlikely that dlrb & gwg will reprise their roles (as we know that rb fans greatly dislike rb working w/ jaywalk actors, especially ones named gao weiguang) 

if they do decide to film a movie version, (movie versions of highly successful dramas usually don't go well) then it really will be three lives, three worlds. :)

I agree with your analysis. Also to add, V in his latest interview said that in the coming 3 years, he would like to take on different roles and show a different side as an actor to the audience. Being typecasted is a curse to any actor and I think he is smart enough not to fall into this pit.

Moreover, since he is hot commodity nowand have gotten more famous, a lot of new opportunities will open up for him. Taking on the role of DHDJ the third time won't do him any good, it would be like taking a step backward.

As much as I love seeing V and R reprising their roles, I would also like to see them in different production that could really showcase their acting abilities. V especially is very talented and he could go any genre : action, romance, melo, comedy, period etc. Such versality shouldn't be wasted being stuck in one role.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 7

Maybe just for me,

but I feel that hopefully we can have the same casts to be part of their same roles for the other 2 series of the "Three lives three worlds" - Step Lotus (LS and CY) and Bodhi Fate (MY and SW) that the author is still writing.

especially for some of the roles like DHDJ, FJ and the rest like LS etc. Having them in both TMOPB and ELOD, we already have the familiarity of the roles with them.  

• Like 7

15 hours ago, sg_niner said:

Oh, I've been disappeared for a bit and you already have such a long discussion.

I haven't read through them yet, but just want to tell you to calm down over that zhihu post. The author is a shipper with the dark humor/sarcasm. He post all that fake news and later debunk it in another post. He post totally fake rumor created by himself in one post that really shocked me (and practically everyone) at first until the last paragraph when he reprimand anyone who believe him. 

Yeah i read that one. The writer certainly didn’t mean any harm. He/she just want to show how easy for rumors to be made and spread. Its like wildfire. U read comment from anonymous and the next thing you know it’s blazing. At the end of the article, the writer reprimand those who believe richard simmons he/she wrote.

About V married or not, i seriously don’t think he’s married. Okay lets see from Reba’s point of view. They were both close friend and for sure she knew he’s married (if he really is). U were both being shipped. Will you still appear in video like in happy camp? Will u cling to him like the video from the presscon? Will u let people use u to cover their secret? NO, right? U will hurt his wife and also urself of at one point the secret is exposed. 

And for V, hiding secret is okay but blatantly lying saying he’s single when he’s married? Even his fan will turn their back on him. So the conclusion is, nope V is not married. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, HeyheyheyJ said:

Maybe just for me,

but I feel that hopefully we can have the same casts to be part of their same roles for the other 2 series of the "Three lives three worlds" - Step Lotus (LS and CY) and Bodhi Fate (MY and SW) that the author is still writing.

especially for some of the roles like DHDJ, FJ and the rest like LS etc. Having them in both TMOPB and ELOD, we already have the familiarity of the roles with them.  

It would be great if they come back as cameo since we are familiar and I can't think of anyone else who could DH and FJ. 

As @Yori Ten mentioned, they should be trying out new roles. I especially want to see Vengo in comedy. I think he has a natural flair for comedy and Reba to maybe be a villain. She definitely has the acting chops.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

I agree with your analysis. Also to add, V in his latest interview said that in the future 3 years, he would like to take on different roles and show a different side as an actor to the audience. Being typecasted is a curse to any actor and I think he is smart enough not to fall into this pit.

Moreover, since he is hot commodity nowand have gotten more famous, a lot of new opportunities will open up for him. Taking on the role of DHDJ the third time won't do him any good, it would be like taking a step backward.

As much as I love seeing V and R reprising their roles, I would also like to see them in different production that could really showcase their acting abilities. V especially is very talented and he could go any genre : action, romance, melo, comedy, period etc. Such versality shouldn't be wasted being stuck in one role.

I don’t think ELOD movie is a good idea.

1. Drama just finished airing. Everyone still keep re-watching it. Its still too fresh to be made into another version some more acted by same actors. People won’t be too interested. As for ELOD, people waited for 3 years. Thats why the reaction is explosive. 

2. Donghua character really brought fame to V, but i really want to see him in another character. He’s an excellent actor and i want him to be known for his acting. Zhe Gushao and Donghua already gave him starting point, its time to start sprinting towards that.

Same goes for Reba, i hope she goes toward more serious character instead of the cutesy one. Don’t get me wrong, her earlier work is excellent which proves she’s a good actor. But her recent work al gravitate towards similar dimension character. 

3. I don’t really want to see them together in any film@drama project. Have u heard too much of a good thing is bad? As an actor, they need to have more varieties as to challenge themselves. Its their career, so they need to more developed. (I’m a career oriented person. I think those who did their best in the career is the most charming) 

As a fan, I want to see them successful in their career so that haters will have nothing to say against their credibility. As for their personal life, hope they gx soon :heart:

Edit: i forgot one thing. I really want to see them in pictorial together. As a nod to ELOD. Like the one she did with Denglun. 

When V is in his element (modelling, posing for camera), he’s like a different person. Totally 400% charming 

Edited by They Sick
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I think Vengo will be good in an action or comedy genre. I liked him in Mr pride and miss prejudice. He was so funny there even though he only had a small screen time. In romance I'm not too sure if the female lead is not Reba. Will he pull the girl away like he did in the wrath of time:joy: Seems like the director didn't see it that's why he didn't ask to reshoot the scene :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, They Sick said:

And for V, hiding secret is okay but blatantly lying saying he’s single when he’s married? Even his fan will turn their back on him. So the conclusion is, nope V is not married. 

I agree. I had the same point of view before. Thank you.

I don't want to discuss about Andy Lau case here since he was pretty much famous from the start of his career and was one of the 4 kings in the hk/chinese entertainment back then. He was lucky enough to have all the right conditions to hide his wife for that many years.

I just wanna say that V fame is not there yet, i believe he will get there in the future, but at the mean time, i don't see why he has to lie about his marriage IF there was, it just adds more risk to his reputation if found out now! (repeat again, im not saying he is lying or really married, i believe he is not, just saying a hypothesis here, trying to make sense with some logics, so don't get me wrong, im pretty chill :lol:). He is 37 not 27 anymore, marriage is expected, not a big deal. And he wants people to know him for his acting skills, not about the good look and youth. I believe he is a talented smart man, even under jaywalk control, i believe he knows where to draw the line if needed. So, if he said he is single, i believe it must be true! 

And yes, unless officially announced (already prepared my mentality from the start lol ), otherwise im still strongly shipping V&R just like everyone here :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 1