[Reality Show] Youn's Kitchen 윤식당 - S1 at Gili Trawangan Lombok, S2 at Garachico on Tenerife ~ waiting for Season 3!

12 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

fasten your seat belt guys...here come the S3.

Hehehehehehehehe

p/s: JUNGYUMI EXTREMELY CUTE WHEN SHE MENBOONGGG... :wub:

Yumi is just adorable, works really hard and really really sweet. Good thing that Seojunie is around to help "balance" her. :lol: Only 4 episodes into Season 2 but they're really ambitious with more dishes to serve, PSJ have to prepare the dessert and chicken, too when Chef Youn & Yumi have their hands full, like non-stop now that people are starting to come to the restaurant. In Season 3, they might have to go as a 5-member team, hopefully ShinGoo sunbaenim could make it as well.

This article is a bit off-track but still about Korean food and our lovely Yumi. :tongue:

January 26, 2018

Korean Stars of the Eating Shows that Attract Public Gaze and make your Mouths Water

Source: BNTNews

[by Ma Chae-rim] ‘CF’ means a TV film for advertising campaigns. It is one of the ways of advertising popularly used because specific products as well as brand identity can be introduced through images from several seconds to one minutes.

Commercial films feature various moods and promotion effects depending on storylines, directing, advertisement models, editing methods, etc. despite of short images. Well-made commercial films like a movie offer new attractions to consumers and viewers. 

The commercial films that you could usually watch from TV became a sensation among netizens as they are distributed through more various channels than before including portal sites, major portal sites, online channels, smartphones, etc. due to the recent development of media. Especially, the eating show CFs that stimulate viewers’ saliva have attracted public gaze under the influence that the eating shows are popular.

Hwang, Jung-min - Ottogi  Jin Jjambbong

Spoiler

nt6rhmxw5cfyjx2rrtzzbynpclbpefqr.jpg

Hwang, Jeong-min is an actor who has been quite busy with main roles in the movies of Chungmuro by his bold acting. His excellent acting ability was the same with a CF. Hwang, Jeong-min who has been active as a CF model of Ottogi Jin Jjambbong got attention from people by showing the scene to eat hot and spicy Jin-Jjambbong with a good appetite. 

Jin-jjambbong features the deep taste based on beef leg bone broth as if the taste of Jjambbong (spicy seafood noodle soup) of Chinese restaurants was reproduced as it is. Rich solid ingredients and seafood toppings that fit for Jjambbong add texture and flavor and taste. Jin-Jjambbong consists of packed ramen and cup ramen.

Jung, Yu-mi-CJ Gourmet Burger Steak

q6skjnxcy1rplpcawqm4j2o1sbsh43aj.jpg

Jung, Yu-mi has been loved by many people because of her plain and lovely mood. She is boasting her cooking ability appearing even in ‘Youn’s Kitchen 2’ recently after ‘Youn’s Kitchen’, the the tvN reality show that attracted the attention of the public as it was aired last year.

In the CF of ‘Gourmet Burger Steak’ shown by Jung, Yu-mi-and CJ CheilJedang Corporation, she is cutting juicy Hamburger Steak wearing an apron neatly to make viewers’ mouths water. Gourmet Burger Steak contains a soporific patty by high temperature and fired system with sauce made by chef’s recipe. It is simple and easy to eat it after heating the pouch as it is in the microwave for 2 minutes. 

Seo, Hyun-jin – Goobne Korean Galbi Sauce Chicken

Spoiler

yf2g9ffksg8k39l28ucfgme9w5xhjjf9.jpg

Seo, Hyun-jin already made public about eating foods pleasantly through ‘Let’s Eat’, the TV drama. She again attracted the attention of the public by showing her unique eating show even in a CF of Goobne Korean Galbi Sauce Chicken. In the CF, Seo, Hyun-jin caught viewers’ eye and stimulated their appetites by holding a drumstick of GGoobne Korean Galbi Sauce Chicken and having a comical expression. 

Goobne Korean Galbi Sauce Chicken series feature reproduction of the authentic taste of roasted ribs. It is perfect for Asians because it is good to enjoy it as a single dish and it fits for boiled rice. While Korean dishes have recently taken center stage with the Korean wave, Korean foods having sweet sauce including roasted ribs, Bulgogi, etc. have been popular. So it is the menu that Chinese people who try to enjoy Korean foods can try without burdens. (photos by The official web sites of Goobne Chicken, OTTOGI Corporation, and CJ CheilJedang Corporation)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/02/youns-kitchen-2-achieves-highest-amount-sales-busiest-day-far/

“Youn’s Kitchen 2” Breaks Own Ratings Record Again And Achieves New Sales Record

On the February 2 episode of tvN’s “Youn’s Kitchen,” the staff experienced their busiest day yet.

Within one hour of opening they almost had a full house, filling up all the tables outside as well as two inside. The orders were so numerous, including refill orders, that Park Seo Joon and Lee Seo Jin were unable to confer with one another. This meant that the orders occasionally got mixed up, with some tables getting the wrong order or their food late.

Nonetheless, the restaurant continued to be flooded with customers, including the first order of their new menu, L.A. ribs, and in the end the staff learned that they had made over 200 euros (about $250), their largest volume of sales to date.

Good news was also to come in the ratings for this episode, which recorded a national average of 16 percent and an all-time high of 19.4 percent. This is breaking their record from last week, and once again setting a new record for ratings for a tvN variety show.

The viewership ratings were collected from various paid platforms such as cable, satellite, and IPTV. The show took first place among the other shows airing in its time slot, including those on public broadcasting stations, and achieved a 10.7 percent average rating and 12.7 all-time high rating in the target age group of 20-49 year-olds. Its viewership ratings in the metropolitan area were 18.7 percent (average) and 22.5 percent (all-time high).

the confusion of the order that bad?..i hvnt watch the ep yet

Hello everyone! It is not that I am impatient, I can wait. I'm just curious why there are no uploads of Youn's Kitchen episode 4 from last week yet? Usually, they upload it even without the subs and I watch it raw. I was just wondering if something happened? Like are there issues with the distribution or airing? I keep waiting for it to be available on Netflix or is it somewhere else and I need to subscribe? I'd gladly subscribe to any platform if that's the case. :lol: That's how much I love this show. I already finished Season 1, even without the subs from episodes 4 to 9. :lol: Youn's reaction to that zen French woman is so hilarious. "I love you." "Thank you."

2 hours ago, lollyminx said:

I'm just curious why there are no uploads of Youn's Kitchen episode 4 from last week yet? Usually, they upload it even without the subs and I watch it raw. I was just wondering if something happened? Like are there issues with the distribution or airing

Do you mean no uploads on illegal streaming sites that you usually use? Raw videos usually released on torrent sites in 30 mins after the broadcast ended. I downloaded it the next day.

Just a quick note for those who patiently wait for subs released every week:

Beginning next week, episode 5 onward will be uploaded LATER THAN USUAL. It will be uploaded on Sundays evening/late night KST (GMT+9), instead of morning/afternoon, as I am getting busier. Sorry!

Please do pray for me! Tomorrow will be the first day of new semester. There are much commitments and workloads coming, in addition to studies got deeper into Psychology. Hehe.

You can also follow here as I usually post the soft-subs together with torrent links and streaming videos with subs.

19 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Do you mean no uploads on illegal streaming sites that you usually use?

Yes (and I'm sorry if this is offensive to others! It's the only available website for me to watch. If it was in Netflix, it would be better or other streaming apps.). Anyway, episode 4 was uploaded today so I'm watching it at the moment. :)

Also, thanks for the tip about where I can watch every episode of season 2.

@Ahmad Kamil As for your work uploading the subs, you shouldn't feel sorry to viewers waiting for it! Haha! Focus more on your studies! Studies first, as they say. We can wait. :lol::heart:

Can I just say, I LOVE Park Seojun's work ethic. He's the best. I mean the four of them are really hardworking, but he's just really serious and disciplined. I'm so obsessed with this show I watch it all the time to relax. When I get tired of it, I watch YouTube clips of Noonas Over Flowers because Youn and the other noonas are hilarious there.

So if it goes to a 3rd season where do people think it will be?

Some observations if Na PD sticks to his format for season 3 location

• It must be a place that Korean food it is not easily available so offers a new experience to customers.
  • It has to be a place with many tourists from a wide variety of countries.
  • It must be warm(probably a limiting factor for most of Europe if Season 3 films in November),  Tenerife is about as far south in Europe as you can get,  part of the attraction for Koreans seems to be the escapism of watching a warm exotic location while Korea freezes in sub zero temperatures.  The same effect can be observed in other regions during the winter when shows/drama filmed in hot locations do well when shown at a cold time of year.
  • It is an Island based on the first two seasons.  
  • The location must not be too expensive to live in.

Other Questions

Should season 3 have more staff?  Perhaps a wife character for Seo jin and the return of Shin Goo.  The cast seems to be developing into a family unit of Youn, her son Seo jin and his kids.  Kang's Kitchen had five and they almost had complete exhaustion :)

Should they film earlier in the year?  It would open up more location options if they want to continue filming in the Northern Hemisphere.

Looks like Friday's Big Lunch is a big success. Phew! Can't help feeling a bit nervous for Youn's Kitchen 4-person team handling (not 8) but a group of 13 (!) people ordering at the same time. Looking forward to the next episode and subs! Yumi's spontaneous heart-sign is priceless! :lol:

Published on February 9, 2018 by tvN

February 20, 2018

“Youn’s Kitchen 2” Places First In Time Slot For Sixth Consecutive Week

Source: Soompi by A. Kim

“Youn’s Kitchen 2” is continuing its immense popularity, taking first in its time slot yet again.

Following the new record from the previous episode, the February 9 episode of tvN’s “Youn’s Kitchen 2” recorded a national average of 13.1 percent viewership, peaking at 16.5 percent. The viewership among the target age group of 20-49 year-olds was an average of 8.5 percent, with an all-time high of 10.7 percent.

The viewership ratings for the metropolitan areas were equally impressive. The episode recorded an average of 14.9 percent viewership, with an all-time high of 19.6 percent. Within the 20-49 year-olds in the metropolitan areas specifically, the episode achieved an average of 8.8 percent viewership, peaking at 11.3 percent.

“Youn’s Kitchen 2” is a reality show that follows cast members Park Seo Joon, Yoon Yeo Jung, Lee Soo Jin, and Jung Yoo Mi as they run a Korean restaurant in the Spanish town of Garachico. The program airs every Friday at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

On 06/02/2018 at 12:51 AM, gerry124 said:

So if it goes to a 3rd season where do people think it will be?

Some observations if Na PD sticks to his format for season 3 location

• It must be a place that Korean food it is not easily available so offers a new experience to customers.
  • It has to be a place with many tourists from a wide variety of countries.
  • It must be warm(probably a limiting factor for most of Europe if Season 3 films in November),  Tenerife is about as far south in Europe as you can get,  part of the attraction for Koreans seems to be the escapism of watching a warm exotic location while Korea freezes in sub zero temperatures.  The same effect can be observed in other regions during the winter when shows/drama filmed in hot locations do well when shown at a cold time of year.
  • It is an Island based on the first two seasons.  
  • The location must not be too expensive to live in.

Other Questions

Should season 3 have more staff?  Perhaps a wife character for Seo jin and the return of Shin Goo.  The cast seems to be developing into a family unit of Youn, her son Seo jin and his kids.  Kang's Kitchen had five and they almost had complete exhaustion :)

Should they film earlier in the year?  It would open up more location options if they want to continue filming in the Northern Hemisphere.

I hope it will be in another place similar to Garachico. I love the parts when they spent time on the beach and snorkeled to watch the turtles in Season 1, but the little village on an island this season is too charming and warm. I hope they maintain that kind of tone in the third season, or combine the atmosphere in both seasons 1 and 2.

How funny would it also be if they do it in another country with a different language? Park Seojun will then learn another language and as they develop more seasons, Seojun would have also learned different languages. :lol:

I think the four of them is enough. If they decide to add other celebrities, I hope they go as guests. Like surprise celebrity guests who visit the restaurant and leave reviews or feedback about the food and service.

8 hours ago, lollyminx said:

If they decide to add other celebrities, I hope they go as guests. Like surprise celebrity guests who visit the restaurant and leave reviews or feedback about the food and service.

i like this idea of another celebrity come as one of their customers...but i prefer that the celebrity is really come to that place for holiday and unintentionally saw the crew...and decided to pay a visit. This is a bit hard. ehehehe

On 2/5/2018 at 11:51 AM, gerry124 said:

Other Questions

Should season 3 have more staff?  Perhaps a wife character for Seo jin and the return of Shin Goo. 

There's only one choice when it comes to a "wife character" for Seo Jin = CHOI JI WOO!

Hahaha, all the shippers from Three Meals and Grandpa Over Flowers would be so ecstatic if she came on this show.  :D 

9 hours ago, themarchioness said:

There's only one choice when it comes to a "wife character" for Seo Jin = CHOI JI WOO!

Hahaha, all the shippers from Three Meals and Grandpa Over Flowers would be so ecstatic if she came on this show.  :D 

Have to say - there was a time when I thought Choi Ji Woo and LSJ were a great match.  But after watching Han Ji Min and LSJ on 3 Meals A Day fishing village, I've gone over to the Han Ji-Min camp.   They have a wonderful chemistry and he seems so relaxed with her - really lets his guard down and just has a good time -  for a reality show - I would much rather watch them together.  That water-hat game they played still makes me laugh.

February 13, 2018

'Youn's Kitchen,' a fantasy workplace for hard-working Koreans

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, Feb. 13 (Yonhap) -- The restaurant in "Youn's Kitchen" is not your ordinary restaurant. It doesn't have a set opening and closing time. Menus change depending on what's available in a local grocery or on customers' responses. The main chef and other staff are easily overwhelmed in dealing with a flurry of orders and frequently make mistakes.

This photo provided by tvN shows the cast members of "Youn's Kitchen 2." (Yonhap)

This photo provided by tvN shows the cast members of "Youn's Kitchen 2." (Yonhap)

The main producer Na Young-seok says the amateurish attitude of the cast members running the Korean restaurant in a small Spanish town is what makes the reality show appeal to TV viewers.

"The program was designed to fulfill people's fantasy of running a mom-and-pop restaurant in a foreign country," Na said during a press conference in western Seoul on Tuesday.

"It has nothing to do with making a lot of money by working 12 hours. It is your own space to realize your fantasy," said the star producer of such hit programs as "2 Days & 1 Night," "Grandpas Over Flowers" and "Three Meals a Day."

"Furthermore, what we are trying to do is far from promoting Korean foods overseas. If that had been our goal, we should have hired professional chefs," he said.

In this photo provided by CJ E&M, producer Na Young-seok talks during a press conference at a hotel in western Seoul on Feb. 13, 2018. (Yonhap)

In this photo provided by CJ E&M, producer Na Young-seok talks during a press conference at a hotel in western Seoul on Feb. 13, 2018. (Yonhap)

The reality show is one of the country's most popular entertainment programs. It is also an all-time popular show on the cable channel tvN: among the seven most-viewed episodes on the channel, six are from "Youn's Kitchen."

The episode aired on Feb. 2 recorded an average viewership rating of 16 percent, a record high for an entertainment show on the network. At one point, it hit 22.5 percent in the metropolitan area.

"To be honest, I am a bit overwhelmed with the high ratings. I think 12-13 percent would be manageable," Na said. "When it continues going up, the inevitable next step is to come down. But I try to be happy since it proves that many people love our show."

He attributed the higher-than-expected ratings to the casting of new member Park Seo-joon and, to some degree, the extremely cold weather, as people avoid going out in the cold and stay indoors, watching TV.

The show's popularity also attests to the reality that "Koreans are too busy to travel to a place that they want and at a time that is convenient for them."

"Because they can't realize it in reality, they instead turn to the show to get some satisfaction," he said.

An image captured from "Youn's Kitchen 2" (Yonhap)

An image captured from "Youn's Kitchen 2" (Yonhap)

In season 2, four famous actors -- Youn Yuh-jung, Jung Yu-mi, Lee Seo-jin and Park Seo-joon -- run a restaurant in the small town of Garachico on Tenerife, the largest of Spain's Canary Islands.

Running a mom-and-pop restaurant isn't an easy task in a foreign country, not to mention in Korea to begin with. The cast members struggle to create new menus and attract foreign customers mostly unfamiliar with Korean food. A language barrier isn't helpful either.

On the other hand, viewers are thrilled and relieved to see customers enjoying Korean food as if they were the owners themselves. The breathtaking views of the town arrests viewers' attention.

This compilation of photos uses images captured from "Youn's Kitchen 2." (Yonhap)

This compilation of photos uses images captured from "Youn's Kitchen 2." (Yonhap)

The nine-episode first season, shot in Gili Trawangan, northwest of Indonesia's Lombok, aired from March 24 to May 19, 2017. Becoming an instant hit, it helped spread a social trend among young Koreans of trying to break away from a lifestyle devoted to work and money and embracing the motto YOLO, which means "You Only Live Once."

In the second season, the cast members connected and built relationships with the locals, an aspect barely existent in the first season. The producer said the connections and relationships turned out to be very helpful in making the show successful.

"Near the end of the show, local people just show up, not to eat, but to chat with the members. The restaurant becomes like a community center. It feels very friendly and warm," he said.

In this image captured from the show, the main chef Youn Yuh-jung cooks in a kitchen on "Youn's Kitchen." (Yonhap)

In this image captured from the show, the main chef Youn Yuh-jung cooks in a kitchen on "Youn's Kitchen." (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

Archived