[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Untouchable Lovers 凤囚凰

sugarplum892

500 million views 

c07990e8ly1fnrtrywykpj210v1tmnpd.jpg

it is airing on iQIYI and Mango TV but probably most come from iQIYI, only 8 episodes so far

12 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

There are too many C-dramas out all at once that even viet subs are delayed. Though I find hardcore viet fans sub way faster than what I have seen on Viki's end.

I read a comment from on of the admins in Viki saying that they expect the drama by the end of February :dizzy:

The drama is going to end around March so I am like by that time I will be done watching the raws. So frustrating bc there are some things that I know I am missing :( 

Anyways so far this is my favorite currently airing drama. It seems shockingly accurate to the time period, it is really dramatizing most information that they have about that Emperor. Then you have the comedy + spies aspects that I like. 

The only weak aspect is Song Weilong. He is very good looking for the role but he is too young to really bring the strength require. But for an idol actor he is decent. It is just a bit of a shame since his character has so many layers and you can't really see it on screen. He also looks like a puppy sometimes :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mrsyooknit Maybe Dramafever will pick it up? They seem to be picking up a lot of Chinese shows lately. I think Weilong is growing on me. But I agree, I don't think he's completely able to express the complexity of his character. Some of his actions and lines don't necessary match his facial expressions/acting. At times seem a little awkward...but I think he's trying...he is a new actor. I seen some previews where they're in the Wei Kingdom and it seems like he's going to get a personality change? So maybe will improve his acting? lol 

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

cdrama release rate is fast once they start broadcasting....even me can only sub 1 episode per week lols.. :tongue: 

so it will take times unless you have like at least 8 or 5 ppl working on the same episodes where each contribute 10mins at the very least.....then u can speed it up a little.....however on some site they have only 1 subber / episodes so it will take longer....and then you have to have another read thru some of the subs to ensure it make sense :D 

I used to be on the viet sub team! -_______- I don't understand how they have so much "free time." I spend a lot of it with my children on weekends and then hit the screen in the evening to marathon. :)

20 minutes ago, moon-flower said:

@mrsyooknit Maybe Dramafever will pick it up? They seem to be picking up a lot of Chinese shows lately. I think Weilong is growing on me. But I agree, I don't think he's completely able to express the complexity of his character. Some of his actions and lines don't necessary match his facial expressions/acting. At times seem a little awkward...but I think he's trying...he is a new actor. I seen some previews where they're in the Wei Kingdom and it seems like he's going to get a personality change? So maybe will improve his acting? lol 

Since Viki has a license I rather wait for their subs, they are better than DF.

Yeah SWL was just too young like 17 or 18 when filming. When he smiles it just looks like he is trying to be cute but according to the dialogue it would be a mysterious type of smile. I feel like his character would use more microexpressions since he is so much in control of what he says/does. SWL is not there yet, he can't do microexpressions. But at least he is not cringy, which I have seen before. He delivers his lines and puts some emotion behind. But the character he is playing is too complex for his current acting range. I do feel like he has potential since this is only like his third drama and first leading role.

Yeah, he will get a personality change. I am looking forward to it. I am shocked about how much fun this drama has been so far. 

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

Yeah, he will get a personality change. I am looking forward to it. I am shocked about how much fun this drama has been so far. 

Yeah, it's totally unexpected for me. I thought 4 episodes would be more than enough to keep me entertain for a week, but every week I'm like WHERE'S MY SUNDAY and MONDAY?! And not a fan of either days. Since the ratings are not bad, I'm praying they consider broadcasting an extra day...haha.

And that smile...okay that explains why he looks so strange. I wasn't sure what he was trying to get at. I have no knowledge of the book. 

---

I thought this was a super cute commercial/advertisement for the drama. Xiao Tong is looking for the novel Feng Qiu Huang and she keeps seeing/almost bumping into Wei Long. They finally meet with the voice over, doesn't matter how many times we missed each other, we are in the end destined/fated to meet each other. It's so cutteee! It reminds me of the Princess Agent's commercials. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17941325/?from=search&seid=1050534547340047064

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 1:30 PM, scarletlover1 said:

When do you expect the eng sub to released?

There was a message from the Viki Channel Moderator just posted today with news that the videos are delayed again from the provider, and no new date provided. My guess is perhaps we'll see the videos uploaded at the end of March 2018, and then the team will begin subbing work. Is this drama still airing in China? From all the previous delays, I'm sure Viki won't get any videos until the drama is finished airing in China. 

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

There was a message from the Viki Channel Moderator just posted today with news that the videos are delayed again from the provider, and no new date provided. My guess is perhaps we'll see the videos uploaded at the end of March 2018, and then the team will begin subbing work. Is this drama still airing in China? From all the previous delays, I'm sure Viki won't get any videos until the drama is finished airing in China. 

Thank you for the info. It's still airing. I've seen that the ending date is either March 19 or April 9.

7 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Thank you for the info. It's still airing. I've seen that the ending date is either March 19 or April 9.

You're welcome. I could be wrong, but because of all the previous delays, I have a strong feeling that Viki won't get the videos until the drama has stopped airing in China. I hope that the March 19 is the ending date. We'll just have to see what happens.

This drama started out with so much potentials. Then it went downhill real fast, like an avalanche >_>

Spoiler

The first part was intriguing, RZ was cunning, manipulative, and cool. Sure SWL was a bit weak, but he looks every bit of the character. Then abruptly, everyone either die or vanished, which is understandable as we go to a new arc, but at the same time, you are like why did we waste time on these characters when they are gonna be put in the corner anyway >_>

the second part is totally unoriginal, the standard political intrigues, standard harem fighting, minus any solid interactions between the leads to find out why they love each other >_> then you got forced feed with at least half of the screen time dedicated to second leads/couples? Whose storyline doesn’t really affect the main story that much or so little that you don’t even need to go into details and you still get the same effect.

i have to say the show has been a disappointment for me. I love the first part, but the second part was draggy, boring, waste of time, make me just want to punch YU mama >_> it went from the top of my list to bottom, and now I’m dropping it until it finishes.

how do you mean to root for the 2 main leads love story when they barely interact >_> how do you buy their story? 

On 3/10/2018 at 5:13 PM, Alila Nguyen said:

This drama started out with so much potentials. Then it went downhill real fast, like an avalanche >_>

Hide contents

The first part was intriguing, RZ was cunning, manipulative, and cool. Sure SWL was a bit weak, but he looks every bit of the character. Then abruptly, everyone either die or vanished, which is understandable as we go to a new arc, but at the same time, you are like why did we waste time on these characters when they are gonna be put in the corner anyway >_>

the second part is totally unoriginal, the standard political intrigues, standard harem fighting, minus any solid interactions between the leads to find out why they love each other >_> then you got forced feed with at least half of the screen time dedicated to second leads/couples? Whose storyline doesn’t really affect the main story that much or so little that you don’t even need to go into details and you still get the same effect.

i have to say the show has been a disappointment for me. I love the first part, but the second part was draggy, boring, waste of time, make me just want to punch YU mama >_> it went from the top of my list to bottom, and now I’m dropping it until it finishes.

how do you mean to root for the 2 main leads love story when they barely interact >_> how do you buy their story? 

I agree with you here. In the first part of the show, the story is quite great. RZ is so mysterious and I was looking forward how their love will develop in the second part. Well, I am disappointed ..... We are already in episode 34 now and I think the final number of episode is only 40?! So, we are left with 6 episodes only and there is no indication that they will get their memory back. If they are not getting their memory back, then the first part of the story is completely useless.

The romance of the leads in the second part is also quite boring. They just have misunderstanding, little lovey dovey, another misunderstanding and so on ......

On 17/03/2018 at 12:00 AM, xienrue said:

I agree with you here. In the first part of the show, the story is quite great. RZ is so mysterious and I was looking forward how their love will develop in the second part. Well, I am disappointed ..... We are already in episode 34 now and I think the final number of episode is only 40?! So, we are left with 6 episodes only and there is no indication that they will get their memory back. If they are not getting their memory back, then the first part of the story is completely useless.

The romance of the leads in the second part is also quite boring. They just have misunderstanding, little lovey dovey, another misunderstanding and so on ......

Wow for real? I thought 57 is the total episode numbers we meant to get? If it’s 40, then WTF!!! Like I stopped as off the week before last week, so I have 4 episode plus 4 coming this week, because there isn’t much interactions between the leads to show me how they got to love each other so much. Like I could understand the angst, but there should also be a lot more lovey dovey for the angst to be more angsty? I got a much better angsty story from Hua Xu Yin (city of desperate love? -.-) the one where they married each other, he hates and misunderstood her, didn’t know she has helped him and always been loving him. And the miscarriage pushed her to commit suicide, well that was some love story. This drama is just not great as the second part starts, and now if it ends this early, then it’s so wasted. I pity Song Wei Long, he has RZ’s look, he carried it well enough in the first half, even though his acting is seriously weak. But the second half? What happen to my clever cunning RZ? You can still be cunning and good! Know when to be cunning! Uh, I hate Yu Mama now. I dislike him before, but always be able to enjoy his series. But this one takes the cake >_< and as much as the support actress, the general is very pretty, I love her look more than the main actress, she now has my dislike n possibly other’s for taking half of the time of the second part from the leads lol. Anyway, I will check her out when she has her own series. I know Yu Mama love to do this to promote new actors and actress, but this one seriously just in the face and it likes he treats the audiences with no respect whatsoever.

On 3/18/2018 at 7:56 AM, Alila Nguyen said:

Wow for real? I thought 57 is the total episode numbers we meant to get? If it’s 40, then WTF!!! Like I stopped as off the week before last week, so I have 4 episode plus 4 coming this week, because there isn’t much interactions between the leads to show me how they got to love each other so much. Like I could understand the angst, but there should also be a lot more lovey dovey for the angst to be more angsty? I got a much better angsty story from Hua Xu Yin (city of desperate love? -.-) the one where they married each other, he hates and misunderstood her, didn’t know she has helped him and always been loving him. And the miscarriage pushed her to commit suicide, well that was some love story. This drama is just not great as the second part starts, and now if it ends this early, then it’s so wasted. I pity Song Wei Long, he has RZ’s look, he carried it well enough in the first half, even though his acting is seriously weak. But the second half? What happen to my clever cunning RZ? You can still be cunning and good! Know when to be cunning! Uh, I hate Yu Mama now. I dislike him before, but always be able to enjoy his series. But this one takes the cake >_< and as much as the support actress, the general is very pretty, I love her look more than the main actress, she now has my dislike n possibly other’s for taking half of the time of the second part from the leads lol. Anyway, I will check her out when she has her own series. I know Yu Mama love to do this to promote new actors and actress, but this one seriously just in the face and it likes he treats the audiences with no respect whatsoever.

After I re-check again, it seems I got the information wrong. It is not 40 but 52. I am sorry for the scare ......:( Umm, from where you get the information of 57 total episodes? Now, I am not sure if the 52 is correct number or not:unsure:.

Well, we are at episode 38 now and I see nothing of development of the romance of main characters. If they really wish to tell a story about politic fight, I don't see any relevance of the first part of the story here. It would be better to make only one of the amnesiac instead of both of them got amnesiac. At least that way the romance can be driven forward. Right now we are stuck at missunderstanding and more missunderstanding.

I also love RZ character in the first half. I like that kind of character, remind me of Mei Chang Su character from Nirvana in Fire 1. In the second half, it seems he looses his brain power along with his memory ........ The script is so mess up that I don't know anymore what this drama want to depict.

On 26/03/2018 at 12:13 AM, xienrue said:

After I re-check again, it seems I got the information wrong. It is not 40 but 52. I am sorry for the scare ......:( Umm, from where you get the information of 57 total episodes? Now, I am not sure if the 52 is correct number or not:unsure:.

Well, we are at episode 38 now and I see nothing of development of the romance of main characters. If they really wish to tell a story about politic fight, I don't see any relevance of the first part of the story here. It would be better to make only one of the amnesiac instead of both of them got amnesiac. At least that way the romance can be driven forward. Right now we are stuck at missunderstanding and more missunderstanding.

I also love RZ character in the first half. I like that kind of character, remind me of Mei Chang Su character from Nirvana in Fire 1. In the second half, it seems he looses his brain power along with his memory ........ The script is so mess up that I don't know anymore what this drama want to depict.

I think I saw someone commented 57, or maybe a website listed it as 57 ep. anyway, we just go with 52 because wiki says so xD and nw lol. Someone is like nw, we have 20 more eps, plenty of time for romance development, then you said 40 and I’m like well there is now no time at all hahaha. Anyway, 52 is fine, possibly could be shorter if certain character got their screen time reduced >_>

i guess the drama is trying to say that even with the amnesia on both parts, and all the misunderstandings in the world, they would always love each other. But it’s a terrible storyline because of that lawl. Disjointed, not much romance developments, I’m not feeling why they should love each other immeasurably >_> it also does feel like YU Zheng is a bit confused? And not sure what to do with the script?

I’ve stopped it completely now and just watch the TFD xD the angst of this drama is not my style I guess :) I’ll pick it up again when it’s done just so I don’t waste my time on it (at the rate of how I’ve been watching for the last half of the drama, I’ll possibly finish the 20 left over episodes in 3hrs lol). Love SWL though, will definitely check him out for other series, been a while since I’ve seen such a hot guy lawl xD but his acting needs to improve a great deal lol, good thing for him is he’s young and with his look, lots of opportunities to learn :)

Archived