Quantcast
ilwoo_aein

[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

10 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

JooMan, on SeolHee's Father's birthday, unexpectedly goes to find (her/them) at SeolHee's family's house  and DongMan, in order to prepare for his fight with TakSoo, focuses only on exercising. On the other hand, AeRa discovers something in BokHee's house...

Anything else y'all want translated? Seems like I'm the only one here for a while.

Thanks @xxPeepsxx :blush:

So a few more hours for the finale ... :bawling: Just watched it with sub.... it's sadder to hear DM and AR's conversation this morning than last night.  Why is it sad... because I can understand both side....and totally agree with both.

JM might be asking for forgiveness from her parents.

Hopefully DM will train hard and take every precaution measures necessarily 

AR will find out herself about her mom tonight

and lastly and hopefully they will end it with a happy note.

• Like 9

56 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I see your point of view, however, I really hope that there isn't a time jump, and that there is a reconciliation before the match.

As much as being a fighter means to him, DM was seriously considering giving it up anyway for AR's sake. That was why he made the statement to his Coach that he might have to give it all up, because in order to continue to fight, he would have to give up something big in his life. I think without the added pressure of his sister's expectations who spoke to him for the first time in 10 years, e.g. since he threw the match against TS the first time, to tell him that she's a fan of his who never wanted to see him go down, I think DM could have possibly gone the other way, deciding that he would rather try to have AR anyway even with being half a man. By the time, he had his interview and issued his challenge to TS, he had clearly thought it all through and realized that he was probably going to lose AR as shown by his visit to AR's mother to ask her to take care of AR. This is not something that he's doing lightly, but after much thought and consideration of himself and the others in his life.

However, it's the additional pressures on his fighting that I'm concerned about, and that he is so torn by it. It could mean that he won't be as focused in the ring as he needs to be, no matter how much he may tell himself that he's where he wants to be, because clearly part of him wants to be with AR as well. It's that lack of focus which can take the edge off a high performance athlete, even fighters, and cause them to lose matches where they are even the overwhelming favorites. He won't be the high-on-his-dream-and-adrenaline, self confident DM who entered the ring the other times. It would be a heavy hearted DM who is probably already second guessing himself. DM would be doing what he wanted to do, but given the new hole in his heart and the knowledge that his dream was what caused that hole, makes it a lot of baggage for him to carry around with him all the time.

As for AR, even broken up, she won't be able to help herself from knowing about his matches, and from finding out the result of those matches. She may not be ringside, watching, but she'll die inside a little every time DM steps into the ring, and be waiting for word that DM has come through safely through his match with bated breath and pounding heart each time. She'll be miserable trying to stay away from him, even if she's telling herself she's doing the right thing. She loves him, and so she won't be able to not suffer with him anyway. It's just that the periods in between will be miserable as well.

So, I hope for both of their sakes that they are able to reconcile before DM gets into the ring again. And, for the drama's sake, I hope the writer is able to write a credible reason for AR's change of heart if it comes to that. 

I like this idea, that AR could discuss it with someone who has already gone through it as well. 

As may be presumed from my writings in this thread, I'm hoping for a happy ending where both DM and AR get to pursue their dreams while being supported by each other. 

I don't necessarily think there will be a time jump, but I could see it being a month or two before DM/TS re-match takes place.  Coach-nim is in a much better position to dictate the timing and I would think he would want to make sure that DM is completely healed and that he has the maximum time with Carelas to perfect his ground finishing techniques.  That could be enough time for everyone to figure some things out.  

My hope is that DM will move in with Coach-nim during his training for the fight. I think they both need the separation and he won't have to see AR so hopefully he will be able to maintain his focus. Plus, it seems like he'll be plenty busy with his sponsors, so hopefully that will also allow his mind to stay focused.

• Like 10

I finished watching subbed ep 15, and SH/JM scenes get me all the time. Hwang Bok Hee's scenes, breaks my heart. I don't know if I can live being apart from my kids.

I am expecting the angst from our OTP I guess it's inevitable, after all those sweet tender loving moments, they buttered up so good. I trust that they will pull through this and that AR will realize that being apart from DM will not make her overcome her trauma. She will continue to worry about DM even if they break up. She's a very level-headed girl, she'll figure it out soon. DM, I admire his resolve and I am happy that he decided to not give up on his dreams. Sooner or later, I hope sooner, they will finally become the power couple of the MMA ring.

And with every last episode I get sad. It feels like parting with a good old friend. 

Thank you for all those who shared their thoughts, translating services, their time and their passion on this forum. ❤️ It was a sweet ride shared with you all.

Edited by ava812 .
Added thoughts
  • Like 12

I had a sleep, woke up to the picture of DM-AR posted by PSJ and i feel all better..hahaha

And i gotta admit, the writer actually did a good job in ep15, making the viewers anticipate the final episode.. i mean, it keeps everyone on their toes right about what could happen in the finale..goodluck everyone for today! Fighting! :)

• Like 11

on a side note : I've never seen PSJ posted any photos where he is alone with his female co-star.  Usually there's always a third person around or he is solo...

I'm reading too much into this after last night episode... I need a cure for this heartbreak.

• Like 9

I'm very positive that we will get happy ending for this drama. Having angst between OTP in kdrama is inevitable thing, but I think it will be resolved today. I think yesterday in the epilogue, I saw the blue stars were full and become treasure chest (I'm not sure about this because I haven't watch the complete episode. My heart just can't handle it) and leave one blank star for the pink one. If the writer doesn't have any intention to make it end in happy ending, I think they won't bother to show us the star meter. It would be useless. 

Now we know that Dong Man is really in love with Ae Ra, but he just can't give up his dream that easily because he felt like he already stepped forward with it. I think in today episode, it's going to deal with Ae Ra and her emotions to fill up the pink star.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, kyoto_rh said:

on a side note : I've never seen PSJ posted any photos where he is alone with his female co-star.  Usually there's always a third person around or he is solo...

I'm reading too much into this after last night episode... I need a cure for this heartbreak.

I have a feeling he's trying to cheer up all the fans since he knows we're all sad after that last episode!! :wub:

• Like 5

Usually by this time I would have watched subs.  But for the first time, I haven't had the bravery to watch  even if I read the recaps.  I need a happy ending like I need air.   

Professional fighting is  physically dangerous  work, and her worry is by all means,  entirely justified, which means it is an impasse,  and someone has got to give.     Whether or not AR works at RFC, whether or not she and DM are together or apart, she will still worry with the same intensity.   I hope she does realize that going into a fight, a void in his heart will mean come hell or high water, he will defeat TS.    Coach and Karelas need to have him learn to protect himself correctly;    AR, who I hope will return by his side, and coach will both be the impetus to  preserve himself  with no adverse injuries or side effects that will ruin his career permanently. 

• Like 6

I'm mad because I think it's stupid for them to break up, I understand Aera is scared of Dong-man getting hurt but if I was her it would be more painful being apart from the love of my life and it's selfish of her to ask him to choose between her or his lifetime dream because even when it's super dangerous for him to keep fighting he wants to live life without regrets and she could choose to be with him trough the best and the worst. That's why they were a great couple because they had each other's backs, but maybe that just worked when they were friends and Aera was right, they should have remained just friends. 

• Like 5

I mostly watched the AR DM scenes from ep 15, will watch the full ep later.

That break up scene. I feel so heart broken for them. I can understand their respective reasons which are so freaking believable. At what point does a person remain cognizant of their own fears, capabilities, desires and at what point does a person compromise their own to adapt to another person's fears, capabilities and desires? 

How can such a balance be achieved? Is it fair for the more emotionally mature and stable person to give in for the sake of love and maintaining the relationship? Is it fair to preserve one's own sanity and emotional well being by cutting off ties? In an ideal world, such questions won't arise but we are all humans with various levels of tolerance and different coping mechanisms, etc.

Gosh. I feel. So. Sad after this episode. Reminds me of my own struggles. I really hope the writer came up with a satisfying and believable conclusion for this entire series. It started out deceptively light and fluffy but man, the emotions and life questions it evokes.

Gah. I need to get back to work. Thank you all for your analysis and translations. See you all tonight. FFMW fans hwaiting! 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, AshleyChia said:

they did a live vid

^ awwwwww they did a IG live!! I'll miss our fantastic four! I can't believe today is the last episode. But dang so they just finished filming the day of ep 16?!

EP 15

So I finally watched ep15 and man....... I'm impressed with the writers. They are bold. I wasn't sure what to expect from the creepy pd dude BUT we misunderstood him. That's the lesson ain't it? This drama really makes me think on things sometimes or most times. SH and JM is at a good pace right now in their .......... at some point getting back together. Love it. AND I KNEW LANDLADY WAS AR'S MOM!! But man.....how will AR react? 

Dude..... AR and DM break up scene made me feel sooooooo sad as if I was the one that got broken up. My heart was hurting. Ugh it's the worst feeling. Kudos to KJW and PSJ for getting me so attached to their characters. I can't side with either because I understand from both their views. With the last star being AR's, it's her turn to run to DM I think yea? I think it'll be great to see her learn that running away won't change how she feels or decrease her fears cuz she will still worry. It's her turn to face her fears like DM is facing the MMA.

Anyways...... sigh, ep 16 is tonight and I want special episodes after or a 2nd season lol. HOPING FOR A GREAT SATISFYING HAPPY ENDING!!!!! I have faith in the writers! They've done a really good job so far.

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 7