Quantcast
ilwoo_aein

[KBS Drama 2017] Fight for My Way 쌈 마이웨이 - Park Seojoon & Kim Jiwon | Mon-Tue

13 minutes ago, kriswu said:

I'm with Aera on this one. Ever since the last ep, when we saw Taksu faint and we were left hanging with Dongman screaming that he couldn't hear anything, I immediately researched for MMA fighters who got minor and serious injuries. Some even died. Losing someone you love because of a certain disease or illness is sad even though you have enough time to let it sink in and accept it but losing them abruptly/in a blink of an eye because of an accident or an injury is very traumatic and just... worse. Someone said here that if they were really going to end up together and build a family, he'll really have to consider how his loved ones would feel.

I really love the scene in the past 2 or 3 episodes where Aera gave him an analogy of him spending the night at Hyeran's and Aera at another guy's. At first, he didn't understand it but when she said that if it was her who spent the night out he immediately opposed to it. I think, the most important thing here is to apply the golden rule. It's not about the issue of not supporting each other's dreams but to put yourself in your partner's shoes... especially now that they're old enough. I'm sure that their love is the type that is marriage material and not just any puppy love. Dongman needs to ask himself, what if Aera is the one who has a dangerous and life-risking job? What if she also has a crack in her head and has a big possibility of becoming deaf if she gets hit? Would he have convinced her to quit also?

Anyways, I trust Dongman and we all saw that still where they're camping over in Namil Bar so I'm quite confident they'll have a happy ending. I'm looking forward to how they'll eventually find their way back to each other's arms. We all know that they can't live without each other. :)

Dongman needs to ask himself, what if Aera is the one who has a dangerous and life-risking job? What if she also has a crack in her head and has a big possibility of becoming deaf if she gets hit? Would he have convinced her to quit also?

that something really important you point out.exactly what if it was the other way around?he made a big fuss over Aera wearing a dress that has her legs showing Aera listen to him and went to change .his problem hasn't to do with clothes it has to do with his life and he act really lightly with his life and his current situation... he doesn't put himself into Aera's situation.

but i hope in
the end we gonna have a happy ending after i see the stills of the last episode.

i love this episode  it shows how someone dream can affect and cause sadness and fear to someone else.i love the way the writer unfolds this story.sure it's not the typical cliche storyline. i glad something like that happend so Aera can forget her past and current fears and find peace inside her and dong man understand what he did wrong and his careless way of thinking.if he was acting more mature and did the right training before we will be more ready to fight and all this mess could be avoid it

• Like 11

A couple of more quick translations...

The conversation between SH and JM's mother. It's a sweet conversation actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQUerqC6Zn4

(SH meets JM’s mother on the street)
JM Mother: Oh, you didn’t go to work?
SH: I took a half day, since I had some packages to mail out.
JM Mother: Oh. However, Seol Hee, why did you two break up?
SH: Ah…
JM Mother: Is it because of me? Because of his sisters?
SH: No. It’s definitely nothing like that. 
JM Mother: Then why?
SH: It just turned out that way…
JM Mother: Seol Hee, don’t lie to me and tell me the truth. Did Joo Man have an affair? (seeing SH’s face in response) That wretched child.

(SH and JM’s mother go sit on a bench at the bus stop)
SH: I can’t call it exactly an affair. 
JM Mother: Actually, Joo Man’s father while he was living had two mistresses. So, that disease came to me twice. You shouldn’t be like that. There is nothing wrong with you that you have to live with that humiliation like that.
SH: I didn’t know, mother. 
JM Mother: A mother’s mind is really unique. If your child is precious, then you should treat other people’s children as precious also, but you keep thinking that your child is better. And, Joo Man paid so much attention to you, always taking your side, I just kept getting upset for no reason. And, inside, I felt sad and lonely. 
SH: I was fine then. I’m fine. 
JM Mother: Still, just in case, if you two got back together, I will never go visit your house. 
SH: Yes?
JM Mother: Whether it’s a birthday or a death anniversary day, you will never have to work those. And, Joo Man’s sisters as well, during their lifetimes, they won’t call you, I take personal responsibility to ensure that. 
SH: I’m sorry, mother.
JM Mother: Okay. I’m being foolish. Because I didn’t want to lose you, I was saying nonsensical things. Aigoo.
(bus came, and JM's mother gets up to get on)

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, coswebelong said:

Yeahhh..cos i hope those stills of them four at Namil Bar is not some kind of throwback memory with a voiceover saying "in life,not all that started well would end well..i still cherish the memory of fantastic four eventho we have all parted ways"..(die slowly while crying tomorrow if that happens)

Omg! Please hopefully not. I won't be able to live with that TTTT I'm going to be really positive and pray that we'll get the ending that we deserve. Actually, I'm imagining that what if Dongman can't concentrate well on his training after he and Aera broke up and he realizes that he can't live without her and that winning against Taksu and doing MMA makes him happy but doesn't really make him complete so he quits after beating Taksu and ends up being a coach instead and comes back healthy and proposes to Aera. They get married and have kids. They go on double dates with Seolhee and Jooman. Fast forward to 4 years later, we see Aera complaining about Dongman training their son to be a Taekwondo player, etc etc. They live happily ever after. Hahahahahaha ok I should stop.

• Like 7

Ottoke ottoke ottoke~~~~~ how can I watch this episode, knowing what happens in it??? I'm so sad even from reading all your posts here...I'm tempted to just wait until the finale is out so the misery is shorter... ㅠㅠ 

• Like 7

The ending conversation on the roof between DM and AR. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rw7-Z8n1rI

(DM and AR talking on the roof)
DM: If everything till yesterday was a foolish dream, and starting tomorrow, I have to catch bugs, deliver packages, and be a packer for a moving company, then I really…don’t think I could live even one day. I don’t want to live as an attendant any more. Without a dream or any desire, living like an idiot who is just breathing, I don’t want to live like that. 
AR: However, I also knew that you wouldn’t be able to stop.
DM: This is no longer just my dream. It’s my father’s, Dong Hee’s, and Coach’s dream. Ae Ra, if you just trust me one time…
AR: So now, we can’t even be friends, can we?
DM: Yes. I can’t do that. Because I didn’t think about killing my heart and changing my words to break up with you when I started liking you. So, even if I die, I can’t just be friends with you again.
AR: Okay. I’ll go. (stands up)
DM: (crying) Ae Ra. Ae Ra. Ae Ra. Do you have to do this? Can’t you just stay by my side? (holding her wrist)
AR: I can’t watch. Watching you is too hard. It’s really hard. Just…just…we should have just not started dating. (pulls DM’s hand off her wrist and leaves)
(DM breaks down crying)

Despite his heartbreak, I'm glad that DM chose to go for his dream. He's right. If he goes back to the way he was living before, suppressing his dream and his own self, he would find it hard to live, especially with the weight of his family and coach's expectations as well. If he did give it all up to be with AR, I don't think it would be long before he couldn't be with her anyway through self-recrimination even if he didn't blame AR for the ultimatum that forced him to choose to live as a lesser version of himself as he sees it. Given his nature, I don't believe that he would blame AR and become bitter towards her for giving him the ultimatum. However, he would relentlessly blame himself for letting his dream go since he would own up to his choices, and part of that would make him not want to be with the woman he loves as punishment and since AR would be a reminder of how he chose to be a lesser man. 

AR is also probably right in the moment in letting DM go. She is traumatized and finding it hard to be with DM when he could be injured and hurt. That's the same reason, some people won't date military men and women and other professions with higher risk associated with them because they could be injured or killed, and they don't feel they could go through that. However, what AR needs to realize is that DM is going to do what he feels he has to do regardless. She even admitted to knowing that he would. So, she has to decide if it's really better to live a miserable life alone than to spend whatever time she can with the one person that she's loved her whole entire life. She's being highly emotional right now, and on her high horse. However, the reality of a life without DM at all is going to hit her hard. Given that this is a rom-com, I expect she'll realize it and get back with DM sooner rather than later. In real life where realization may take longer, she would spend the rest of her life with regrets, even more so if something did happen to DM and he became seriously injured or dead. 

So, I expect tomorrow's episode to be full of joy and togetherness, even sweeter for the angst that ends today's episode.

Btw, it makes sense that DM is always one star more than AR. While AR may have had a crush on DM first, it's really DM who comes to love AR in a real way, and appreciate her for all her qualities including her flaws. AR still needs to mature into that. There is no doubt that she loves DM, but she also needs to allow him to be him and love him for him, and break the dynamic of their childhood where she bosses him around and he complies. 

Edited by stroppyse
added a thought
  • Like 20

FFMW has maintained its position as the most popular drama for two consecutive weeks and even more the praise this drama gets is internasional the good ratings and a lot actors and kpop idols watch and support this drama.

i am so happy to see news like that.i haven't see any of park seo joon's dramas only FFMW  but i see his previous drama get quite negative previews so i am glad that he hit the jackpot with this one.he's acting is superb. DM is so a well writing character same as Aera's.even when they both have new dramas i will never forget these 2 characters.i love  choi aera even more than rachel and Yoon Myeong-Joo.

they did so well!!also the writer did an amazing job.it ends soon and i am so sad.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Despite his heartbreak, I'm glad that DM chose to go for his dream. He's right. If he goes back to the way he was living before, suppressing his dream and his own self, he would find it hard to live, especially with the weight of his family and coach's expectations as well. If he did give it all up to be with AR, I don't think it would be long before he couldn't be with her anyway through self-recrimination even if he didn't blame AR for the ultimatum that forced him to choose to live as a lesser version of himself as he sees it. Given his nature, I don't believe that he would blame AR and become bitter towards her for giving him the ultimatum. However, he would relentlessly blame himself for letting his dream go since he would own up to his choices, and part of that would make him not want to be with the woman he loves as punishment and since AR would be a reminder of how he chose to be a lesser man. 

AR is also probably right in the moment in letting DM go. She is traumatized and finding it hard to be with DM when he could be injured and hurt. That's the same reason, some people won't date military men and women and other professions with higher risk associated with them because they could be injured or killed, and they don't feel they could go through that. However, what AR needs to realize is that DM is going to do what he feels he has to do regardless. She even admitted to knowing that he would. So, she has to decide if it's really better to live a miserable life alone than to spend whatever time she can with the one person that she's loved her whole entire life. She's being highly emotional right now, and on her high horse. However, the reality of a life without DM at all is going to hit her hard. Given that this is a rom-com, I expect she'll realize it and get back with DM sooner rather than later. In real life where realization may take longer, she would spend the rest of her life with regrets, even more so if something did happen to DM and he became seriously injured or dead. 

So, I expect tomorrow's episode to be full of joy and togetherness. 

Thanks so much for the translations @stroppyse @xxPeepsxx @alleram95!!!

@stroppyse I think you're right.  Now that he knows the huge expectations that others have of him, if the bowed out now he would feel a much lesser man and wouldn't be able to forgive himself and therefore unworthy of AR. And completely agree with your 2nd paragraph :)   And, am praying that your expectations of tomorrow's episode will become reality!!!!:blush::blush::heart:

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, it makes sense that DM is always one star more than AR. While AR may have had a crush on DM first, it's really DM who comes to love AR in a real way, and appreciate her for all her qualities including her flaws. AR still needs to mature into that. There is no doubt that she loves DM, but she also needs to allow him to be him and love him for him, and break the dynamic of their childhood where she bosses him around and he complies. 

@stroppyse you are just reading my mind today!!!!:D

• Like 8

I don't see how AR can be accused of being selfish. There are countless documented research and stories about the effects of repeated head injuries. And also some people are just not able to tolerate violent sports.

Also, a skull fracture is a skull fracture. Not a crack. That's a layman's term. And any frsctures takes 6 weeks or more to heal anyway. So he can't fight for 2 months anyway. Also one actually has to be hit at the same spot to replicate it. I also live in a country where random people can king hit someone and they died. I am also sore because I have just read of an interstate incident. A medical consultant just died. He just told someone to stop smoking on his hospital grounds. And he was punched and became unconscious. And died. Am so sore over the non smoking rule. Because we get so much grief over it especially with the mental health patients going nuts when they are told they can't smoke. But mostly very sad for him and his family. And why I don't actually say anything but can't stand it when smokers stand everywhere and smoke. 

So anyway, it is a plot point. It will be resolved. But MMA is not a sport for the light hearted. I played contact sports and have family doing martial arts. And see effects of violence at work. Have anyone of you actually been to a match? By the way a beaten up person and some of those contestants are bashed badly- can be intimidating looking to an average person. Ouch is the mildest reaction. Some people freak out. And I don't know how the average person reacts to blood everywhere. I played rugby and also watched rugby. And the amount of blood per match is actually pretty common. But a beaten up bashed up swollen eye shut person- I don't think as many of you would see it as often. Trying living as the wife or partner of a MMA fighter. Even in a Kdrama scenario it ain't exactly easy.

• Like 15

I'm coming out of lurking to say that I absolutely love this drama. The break up scene was really heartbreaking and really hard to watch, but a part of me thinks it needed to happen. Dong Man and Ae Ra clearly have different ideas about what he should be doing, I think they both need time to process what is happening as well as their relationship to hopefully try and get an understanding of how the other feels.

I hate to say this, but because I think they need that time to consider the problem, I could see the writer including a time jump in the last episode. I don't want them to do a time jump, but think it would be unrealistic to have them solve their issues quickly in the current situation, I think if they have some time apart to reflect on things, Dong Man and Ae Ra would be able to understand each other and heal from their issues (particularly Ae Ra) to get back together. Plus, if they do a time jump, the viewers would get to see the characters living out their dreams.

I could be wrong, but that's something I could see them doing in the finale.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

and on her high horse.

I don't think she's on her high horse at all though.  Like @ck1Oz explained, MMA injuries are no joke and for someone who's been legit terrified for the safety of her loved one since she gained awareness of the world, it's not just a matter of living with or without DongMan.

It's the palpitations, the sweaty palms, the strike-you-dumb-I-can't-see-anything sense of terror and helplessness that AeRa's unable to handle. It's a bit of an extreme analogy but it's like she's in a war-zone for AeRa, every moment DongMan's determined to fight. He could be bashed in the ring, he could be decapitated during practice. She doesn't know when and 24/7, except for the times he stays beside her, she'll be in a complete frenzy, worrying over his safety. She knows that she can't handle that level of stress, and she knows that she can't stop him. She's not leaving him because she thinks she's right but he won't listen to her. She's leaving him just because she can't handle what he's going to do. She knows that she can't overcome her trauma and if he continues to do what he's going to do, she's going to crack and lose herself. She's leaving him for her own sake and not due to a crushed ego. At that level, I think it's unfair to classify it as selfishness. To me, it's self-preservation.

@ck1Oz Next time smokers smoke, scratch chalkboards with your fingernails. What? If you can be annoying, I can be annoying too! I hate terrible smokers too. Actually, I hate smokers when they're smoking. I just don't understand why they do it. It's so pointless. If you're stressed, go squeeze a stress ball!

• Like 11

PSJ just posted a pic of him with KJW. A possibly hint at a happy ending? 

• Like 14

41 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

I don't think she's on her high horse at all though.  Like @ck1Oz explained, MMA injuries are no joke and for someone who's been legit terrified for the safety of her loved one since she gained awareness of the world, it's not just a matter of living with or without DongMan.

I don't consider blood sports to be a joke. Not at all. I couldn't and wouldn't. Not for the participants, nor their friends and family. I still stand by my earlier post. She's afraid of what could be, and for the sake of her fear of what could be, she's sticking to a position which isn't tenable. At least, not without a lot of regrets.  

• Like 9

It's painful to watch because I understand both of their reasons. I wish that before Dong Man's big fight, Aera will change her mind, maybe someone needs to talk to her, someone that truly understands her position, so I am hoping that she'll get a chance to talk/interview a wife (or a girlfriend) of an MMA fighter and with this she will get a different POV of how and why a person still stays with a fighter. I just want her to change her mind before the fight and please give us a happy ending!

• Like 12

Guys, I'm already thinking about how to survive tomorrows final episode.

What if...there's a season 2? I mean we had high ratings throughout...so KBS might consider?

If not, what if our couples/fantastic four make cameo appearances in following KBS dramas? Preferably together bickering and sticking up for each other like old times.

I want tomorrow to come but I don't want tomorrow to come. You guys get me?

2 minutes ago, SpiritGambler said:

It's painful to watch because I understand both of their reasons. I wish that before Dong Man's big fight, Aera will change her mind, maybe someone needs to talk to her, someone that truly understands her position, so I am hoping that she'll get a chance to talk/interview a wife (or a girlfriend) of an MMA fighter and with this she will get a different POV of how and why a person still stays with a fighter. I just want her to change her mind before the fight and please give us a happy ending!

Omg we need Sarang's mum and dad to do a cameo asap.

• Like 10

I have been MIA because I was at a conference all week-end...

I was looking forward to see this episode but now I am dreading it. I guess I will wait for tomorrow's episode to watch them both together.

I do agree with @stroppyse about AR. Even though I do understand where she is coming from, she is asking a huge sacrifice from him. We have seen the importance of dreams in this show; AR herself stated how alive she felt when she was doing what she loved the most. Asking DM to give up his knowing very well what it entails, it's a bit selfish. I do understand she wants to protect him and I cannot imagine how hard it must be to see the person you love fighting like that... But I also feel it is important to let the person decide too. If that is what he wants to do, then it is his choice. You need to accept the person as a whole.

Like you said @stroppyse, she needs to decide whether she would rather be without DM or be with him despite the risks implicate din hsi dream.

@SpiritGambler Yes! Remember we saw the wife of the fighter who used to train with DM and then fought him? She was in tears and dreading it, but she was there watching. As soon as we saw her, I thought that AR should talk to her!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, annajewerly said:

Guys how about rating, last night? 

It usually takes about another 1 1/2 to 2 hours for ratings to come out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bec1993 said:

I hate to say this, but because I think they need that time to consider the problem, I could see the writer including a time jump in the last episode. I don't want them to do a time jump, but think it would be unrealistic to have them solve their issues quickly in the current situation, I think if they have some time apart to reflect on things, Dong Man and Ae Ra would be able to understand each other and heal from their issues (particularly Ae Ra) to get back together. Plus, if they do a time jump, the viewers would get to see the characters living out their dreams.

I see your point of view, however, I really hope that there isn't a time jump, and that there is a reconciliation before the match.

As much as being a fighter means to him, DM was seriously considering giving it up anyway for AR's sake. That was why he made the statement to his Coach that he might have to give it all up, because in order to continue to fight, he would have to give up something big in his life. I think without the added pressure of his sister's expectations who spoke to him for the first time in 10 years, e.g. since he threw the match against TS the first time, to tell him that she's a fan of his who never wanted to see him go down, I think DM could have possibly gone the other way, deciding that he would rather try to have AR anyway even with being half a man. By the time, he had his interview and issued his challenge to TS, he had clearly thought it all through and realized that he was probably going to lose AR as shown by his visit to AR's mother to ask her to take care of AR. This is not something that he's doing lightly, but after much thought and consideration of himself and the others in his life.

However, it's the additional pressures on his fighting that I'm concerned about, and that he is so torn by it. It could mean that he won't be as focused in the ring as he needs to be, no matter how much he may tell himself that he's where he wants to be, because clearly part of him wants to be with AR as well. It's that lack of focus which can take the edge off a high performance athlete, even fighters, and cause them to lose matches where they are even the overwhelming favorites. He won't be the high-on-his-dream-and-adrenaline, self confident DM who entered the ring the other times. It would be a heavy hearted DM who is probably already second guessing himself. DM would be doing what he wanted to do, but given the new hole in his heart and the knowledge that his dream was what caused that hole, makes it a lot of baggage for him to carry around with him all the time.

As for AR, even broken up, she won't be able to help herself from knowing about his matches, and from finding out the result of those matches. She may not be ringside, watching, but she'll die inside a little every time DM steps into the ring, and be waiting for word that DM has come through safely through his match with bated breath and pounding heart each time. She'll be miserable trying to stay away from him, even if she's telling herself she's doing the right thing. She loves him, and so she won't be able to not suffer with him anyway. It's just that the periods in between will be miserable as well.

So, I hope for both of their sakes that they are able to reconcile before DM gets into the ring again. And, for the drama's sake, I hope the writer is able to write a credible reason for AR's change of heart if it comes to that. 

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

@SpiritGambler Yes! Remember we saw the wife of the fighter who used to train with DM and then fought him? She was in tears and dreading it, but she was there watching. As soon as we saw her, I thought that AR should talk to her!

I like this idea, that AR could discuss it with someone who has already gone through it as well. 

As may be presumed from my writings in this thread, I'm hoping for a happy ending where both DM and AR get to pursue their dreams while being supported by each other. 

• Like 6

Delurking to comment on this drama before it ends because I love it so freaking much.  Ae Ra and Dong Man's developing relationship was adorable to watch unfold, and Seol Hee and Joo Man's breakup has kept me painfully sympathetic through the whole drama.  I know some people found the secondary couple boring to watch at times, but I think this drama always intended to show life somewhat realistically.  For 20-somethings, there are a lot of ups and downs in careers and families, and struggles both to start and end relationships that define us.  While the Ae Ra-Dong Man pairing showed the building of something new, Seol Hee and Joo Man showed the other side of the coin, which is just as natural and common:  the decay of a stagnant relationship.  

I feel for both couples at this point, truly.  The thing is, though, I love all the characters so much that I want whatever is best for them as individuals, not necessarily as couples.  I want them all to get the endings that will make them happy for years to come, not just in the short run because our romantic feelings can seem so overpowering sometimes.  Credit to the writer, PD, and all the actors who have done such an amazing job creating a realistic world where I can care about these guys as much as I do.

On a related note, while it feels like both couples could be headed for a happily-ever-after, I have a niggling feeling that the writer will give us a happy ending for one couple, and not the other.  This drama has been true to life in many ways, and I think it would be overly positive/idealistic to portray things working out for everybody as romantic interests.  I just don't think it would fit with what the creators of this show have done for the last 15 episodes.  Although I think Imma cry over whoever ends up alone.  :tears:

Also, (SPOILER) Dong Man totally wrecked my heart in that epilogue today.  Right after you hear him sobbing on the rooftop post-breakup, he tells Ahjumma that Ae Ra was always the only one for him, since he was like 5 years old?!  That is so swoony and heartbreaking all in one.  Park Seo Joon is ruining me, I swear!  

• Like 8