[Drama 2017] Duel 듀얼

larus

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Duel 듀얼
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drama deals with clone, crime, and kidnapping.  It makes for dark crime thriller which is my fav genre.

Yeah, Sung Hoon clone is this evil sinister devilish scary one. You can see  Sung Joon  (previous post) so scared! I feel  the character!

" My daughter's alive"

Just relevant info for YSJ as he stars in Duel.

Spoiler

7 Up-And-Coming Actors Who Should Be On Your Radar

2. Yang Se Jong

There’s a reason why there’s so much buzz around Yang Se Jong these days. He’s only been in two other dramas, and he’s already starring in the much-anticipated OCN drama “Duel.” He was able to leave enough of a lasting impression with his role in “Romantic Doctor Kim” and has also wowed audiences with his acting in “Saimdang, Light’s Diary.” If you haven’t watched his audition for the role “Duel,” make sure you check it out, because I can’t stress how legit he is as an actor. He’s really young and not quite experienced, but it’s already obvious that he has what it takes to become one of the best actors in Korea — I can almost guarantee it.  (credit: Soompi

I wanted to watch the raw but I cannot find LS!  I scoured the net for a whole damn hour! The one that I saw, need vpn or something I cannot understand as it's Korean, even if page was translated, I tried using my smarty phone instead and app but still cannot understand. 

Before it starts.. here's the update from OCN.

6 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

We got a problem now. Dramafever told that they not air 'Duel', and looks like soompi like that too.

Oh yes, they are.  It's just on a delayed schedule. Ep 1 will be up on Monday, and ep 2 will be posted on Tuesday.  Better late than never!  I'll be watching then for sure.

exoifLK.jpg

I wanted to do raw recap (even if amateur..ish like with MBB or 38TF) but never mind I'll post my thoughts later once I see the episode.

Well, seems not much interested in the drama, as I find my enthusiastic lone self here. I know the type of dramas I like to watch.  Just waiting for the raw after the live raw.

The the stare of sinister clone Sung Hoon!  gloves on hand holding a broken glass

IG cto

12 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

Oh yes, they are.  It's just on a delayed schedule. Ep 1 will be up on Monday, and ep 2 will be posted on Tuesday.  Better late than never!  I'll be watching then for sure.

Capture6136c.png

It's strange. Dramafever PM me like this.

3 minutes ago, quockhanh45 said:

It's strange. Dramafever PM me like this.

Well, that is weird.  It's right there on their schedule, and they usually have the weekly schedule updated, even if they don't bother to update the list on their homepage :tongue:   I hope it's going to be on dramafever, and I think it will.  Don't know why they would have bothered subbing all the teasers and things if not.  They don't do that if they don't intend to air it.

Making video from OCN, don't see it posted anywhere, but I might have missed it because this thread loads extra slowly for me.

that sinister smirk of SH while looking and JDC with murderous look in his eyes  he wanted to kill SJ who's begging for mercy and his life as SH looking out from the  platform. Then we get that scary af reflection of the clones through the window. bgm adds to the scene. It's just the three of them and who wouldn't be scared if you see someone who looks exactly just like you!!

@larus Thanks for the episode 1 highlight video.OCN always post  videos quickly. Thumbs up to them!

And finally I'm about to start watching the raw episode 1. Thoughts when I'm done.

Duel trending on Naver. We'll see how the ratings  are later. But I don't much care for ratings. I care if drama's good.

Just finished with ep 1. It's long 1:11.38.  I  watched everything not understanding anything as it's raw but I have the basic idea of what's happening but not what's going on. I'll be watching sub when it comes out. possibly with tvn or with df or fans sub

The first 22 minutes was intense as well as the last scenes. Middle scenes was to set up his character. As a father, as a detective. As someone who wil do anything to save his daughter and then SH..  I gotta see more of why he injected his hands ( w/ drugs?)

The scene starts with Jang Deuk-Cheon following following the orders of the man on the phone. I don't know if it's Sung Hoon or someone else. . He follows every demand, order, command, clues just to save his daughter ( who was taken or kidnapped). So cat and mouse game, race against  time kind of chase until he gets to the train station where he saw Sung Joon.  He recognized the face as it's the same one who took over the ambulance and fought against. SJ puzzled why he's the recipient of intense rage. JDC kicked SJ in the face and wants to kill him right there. scared for his life and begs,   and SJ and begs he was kicked and punched and gun pointing at him pleads for his life. all the while SH outside standing  watching over smiling/smirking they saw him..which got scary and confusing for both of them.  SJ was scared. JDC shouting, probably WTF games are you playing. He handcuffed SJ and as he's going after SH. Not going int much  the middle part. Need to watch the sub first to fully understand. Then the last scenes we go back to the present time, he's chasing SH which is the ending scene. That was good!

I like the tender moments between father and daughter.  I don't know the sickness of daughter, but she swears a beanie and doesn't have hair.  When his daughter was taken away/ kidnapped, It's understandable the rage he felt. I'm thinking there's gotta be a connection between his daughter's sickness, the drugs/ meds that SH probably needs hence the 'kidnapping'

The child actress who plays the daughter Soo Yeon. She cut shaved her hair for the role? She's cool and cute.

YSJ showing his potentials. It's just episode one, only saw him  early scenes and the last scenes. we'll see more.

JJY . I like that he shows raging emotions. And if he shouts a lot..so what?!  isn't that how fathers supposed to react when something terrible crime like kindapping  happens to daughter. Because that's what his character is about.

After watching the whole episode,  I dig it. I like the thrill  and the tone of the drama. I like that it's not glossed. It has the crime movie feel to it.

Now I need to know why and how the clone started! probably have two wait couple of days for the sub.

Episode 2 tomorrow.. I'll be watching!

1 hour ago, glee77 said:

Can I just say how bad the new slot is?

They are airing in 10pm!!! Along with 2 weekend dramas. Why would they do that to themselves?

Maybe tomorrow that Sister is Alive does not air they can get better ratings. Hopefully :tongue:

That's not new timeslot, actually. Tunnel & Voice also air in this timeslot too. The rating of first ep is pretty bad. I thought it will reach 2.5% at least.

Archived