[Drama 2017] Duel 듀얼

larus

Just now, larus said:

If Kim Jung-Eun accepts the offer, she will play Choi Jo-Hye. Her character is an ambitious public prosecutor. She is the one who gets Police Officer Jang Deuk-Cheon (Jung Jae-Young) involved in a shocking case.

I am happy to hear that we`ll have a strong female character. Hope Kim Jung eun accepts the offer. I was hoping it won`t be another male centric drama where all the women are just supporting characters. Good job, OCN!

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Jung-eun considers OCN’s evil-clone crime thriller Duel

by javabeans | March 20, 2017 | 6 Comments

tumblr_on2ndayYgT1sdd1ivo8_r1_540.jpg

Kim Jung-eun (Make a Woman Cry) is eyeing a return to television with the upcoming OCN drama Duel, which recently cast Jung Jae-young (Assembly), which would be her first project after getting married last year. The drama has an intriguing premise, in that it involves human clones who get entangled in a fierce clash of pure evil versus pure good.

Jung Jae-young will play police detective Jung Deuk-chan, who gets caught up in false accusations when the villain, our evil clone, starts carrying out a bizarre series of murders wherein he takes his victims’ organs. Jung Jae-young is put in a desperate situation when his daughter is kidnapped and he has to fight to save her while also clearing his own name.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/kim-jung-eun-considers-ocns-evil-clone-crime-thriller-duel/

Moderator Note:

I have merged the two threads for this upcoming drama. For future reference, please check to see if a topic has been created before making a new one. 

Also if you see a duplicate thread, then please do report it. Thank you :) 

19 hours ago, MadraRua said:

Moderator Note:

I have merged the two threads for this upcoming drama. For future reference, please check to see if a topic has been created before making a new one. 

Thanks for merging the threads! Hope it was a general note, as a reminder.  I have not created a duplicate as I always follow the rules but I see so many cases of breaking the rules here at Soompi. (I am not talking about some unintensional mistakes). I saw even a moderator creating a thread that was not supposed to be created and closing it soon after that. Sorry for mentioning about that...  I found that a little amusing... -_-

tumblr_on2ndayYgT1sdd1ivo10_r2_540.jpg

source

I really like the pairing of Jung Jae Young and Kim Jung Eun for this drama. And I am excited that the female character is an ambitious woman, who does not hide her desire for success. She is involved with determination in the story. I like it very much. I have high hopes for this drama. 

March 23 2017

Kim Jung-Eun cast in OCN drama series “Dual”

Dual-p00.jpeg

Kim Jung-Eun is cast in OCN drama series “Dual” co-starring Jung Jae-Young. In the drama series, Kim Jung-Eun will play lead female character Choi Jo-Hye. Her character is works as top public prosecutor and aspires to become chief prosecutor. She gets Police Officer Jang Deuk-Cheon (Jung Jae-Young) involved in a shocking case involving human clones.

“Dual” first airs May, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/kim-jung-eun-cast-in-ocn-drama-series-dual

Thank you for the update.  So we have the leads now. All is left is well written script, acting, directing  and good production (editing cinematography, music) for this. Well it's OCN,  I know it will be good one .3 out of the5 dramas I'm anticipating are from OCN. Looking forward to sci-fi dramas. Something different to break from the usual ones. 

And I remember.. Dual = clone as  tvN  Circle= Aliens :)

22 hours ago, jongski said:

Thank you for the update.  So we have the leads now. All is left is well written script, acting, directing  and good production (editing cinematography, music) for this. Well it's OCN,  I know it will be good one .3 out of the5 dramas I'm anticipating are from OCN. Looking forward to sci-fi dramas. Something different to break from the usual ones. 

And I remember.. Dual = clone as  tvN  Circle= Aliens :)

Yes, we have the leads and they are good actors. They need a good script and of course, the other production work good as well. We have so many leagal thrillers, sci fi or mystery dramas. I can`t complain. :)

Hope for a satisfying role for the female lead.

Something unrelated with this drama but having something in commmon... the genre...

Spoiler

You won`t believe it. I can`t believe it myself. KBS has another drama about an android and he is a swindler. :lol: I don`t know if I will watch it but I will keep an eye on it. I don`t know that to say about the idea that robots are involved in scheming people and that it is a "fight" between robots and people. I guess they are more evolved that Data (Star Trek android) because they have a perfect appearence and inteligence and are programed to read human emotions and make mistakes intensionally to appear more human. I loved Data because he was not perfect, for his innocence and continuing search for the humanity in him. I want more information about this drama. 

17 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, we have the leads and they are good actors. They need a good script and of course, the other production work good as well. We have so many leagal thrillers, sci fi or mystery dramas. I can`t complain. :)

Hope for a satisfying role for the female lead.

Something unrelated with this drama but having something in commmon... the genre...

Reveal hidden contents

You won`t believe it. I can`t believe it myself. KBS has another drama about an android and he is a swindler. :lol: I don`t know if I will watch it but I will keep an eye on it. I don`t know that to say about the idea that robots are involved in scheming people and that it is a "fight" between robots and people. I guess they are more evolved that Data (Star Trek android) because they have a perfect appearence and inteligence and are programed to read human emotions and make mistakes intensionally to appear more human. I loved Data because he was not perfect, for his innocence and continuing search for the humanity in him. I want more information about this drama. 

Yep can\t complaint too. It's break from the monotony of usual dramas. It's good that networks and producers  exploring beyond the usual genre.

For Dual.. since it involves humans being cloned.. it will be like multiplicity.. but I hope it does not dwell much  about how it's done and why and the science of it because this is still after all a drama

Oh the hidden contents. Hmm a robot. Hah.  I still wanna see humans acting! LOL. :D  but perhaps it's gonna be robot  human acting like droids ( like robocop).

Shim Wan-joon has join the cast. he had a suporting role in tvN drama Tomorrow with You this year.

20170331060619_1043245_600_419.png

http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=102663

Another newbie, actress Seo Eun Su. Seo Eun-soo plays the role of a medical journalist with the lead role in the drama. she plays a large part, in the drama and it seams that her character is Jung Jae Young  (like the real name of the protagonist). :)

article.jpghttp

http://news1.kr/articles/?2953333

Asianwiki says that the writer of drama Dual is Kim Yoon-Joo who wrote Nine: Nine Times Time Travel and Queen In Hyun`s Man.

The PD is Lee Jong-Jae, he doesn`t have a filmography list available.

News bites: April 1, 2017

by awcoconuts | April 1, 2017 | 10 Comments

Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim’s Yang Se-jong (In-bum) and Seo Eun-soo (Yeon-hwa) will keep their rapport going in the upcoming suspense drama Duel. They’ve both been cast in the thriller about human clones–Yang will play a 2-in-1 character, a suspect who has lost all his memories and his clone, a mysterious killer, while Seo has been cast as a reporter. Duel launches June 3 on OCN. [Herald]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/news-bites-april-1-2017/

Actor Yun Kyung-ho confirmed the cable channel OCN drama "Dual".

l_2017040602000247300058461.jpg

In the drama, Yun Kyung-ho takes the role of a detective for the homicide detective Lee Hyung-sik, and cooperates with actor Jung Jae-young, who plays the veteran team leader. As the main character plays an active role as an assistant, he is expecting to be active in broadcasting.

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?cat=view&art_id=201704060843003&sec_id=540101

April 8 2017

Teaser trailer for OCN drama series “Duel”

Duel-teaser.png

First teaser trailer for upcoming OCN drama series “Duel” starring Jung Jae-Young & Kim Jung-Eun. The narration by Jung Jae-Young in the teaser trailer says ““The day my daughter disappeared, I saw two men who looked the same.”

“Duel” first airs June 3, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-ocn-drama-series-duel

April 14 2017

First script reading for OCN drama series “Duel”

Duel-SM1.jpg

First script reading for OCN drama series “Duel,” starring Jung Jae-Young & Kim Jung-Eun, took place March 31, 2017 in Sangam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. At the first script reading, Jung Jae-Young, Kim Jung-Eun, Yang Se-Jong, Seo Eun-Su and other main cast members attended.

During the first script reading, Jung Jae-Young read lines for Jang Daeuk-Cheon. His character is a veteran detective. He makes a wrong choice to protect something precious to him. Kim Jung-Eun read lines for Choi Jo-Hye. Her character is an ambitious public prosecutor. Yang Se-Jong read the lines for Sung-Joon and Sung-Hoon. The two characters look identical. Sung-Joon is the prime suspect of a murder case. Sung-Hoon is a human clone and frames Sung-Joon for murder. He also mentioned “I will do my best at the risk of my life” during the script reading.

“Duel” first airs June 3, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-script-reading-for-ocn-drama-series-duel

Archived