[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

As far I really like the plot... The story has some kind of mystery. I'm waiting for more and don't understand all of this complaints from k-netizens about YAI's hairstyle. He looks really good and handsome, so they should focus on the plot, not on his hairstyle. :/ 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

did i say i want a full rom com? What for are you making the assumptions..

Also, do you know fr sure it has mystery and that this one is not a heavy romantic drama.. matter of fact is you don't... so unless the plot reveals itself you can't make those claims

also i am not sure what is a fully rom com drama for you. Every drama has various elements, its the predominant element that dictates the genre.

Goblin is also not a rom com, do bong soon loosely speaking maybe...

Yeah im sure, as i read in Dbeans which stated this CT drama as a mystery rom-com drama.

And no, i didnt watched the two dramas that you mentioned, cause its not really my cup of tea LOL :smirk:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MiAmour said:

Yeah im sure, as i read in Dbeans which stated this CT drama as a mystery rom-com drama.

And no, i didnt watched the two dramas that you mentioned, cause its not really my cup of tea LOL :smirk:

uhmm.. your cup of tea is not the definition of rom com.. or is it?

I thought we were talking abt rom com genre

2 minutes ago, natouuu said:

Oh I forgot to say that OST is really good! Instrumental one and others. Great choice to choose Saltnpaper to sing OST part 1. I can't stop to listen this song since i'v finished first episode. :)

do you know which song is played whe yai first sees the typewriter?

Also, this means there is a 3rd element for GKP - gun reminds heroine of past as she was a shooter, typewriter reminds yai of past as he was a writer... and GKP i guess was the brain and godfather of their group.. if he is not a ghost then he may also have an element*

• Like 3

Episode 1

This weekend 8pm slot by TVN has so far been a jackpot for me. It was quite a visual feast & once again I appreciate the indie movie feels that this cable channel brings to its dramas. I think given the apparent supernatural elements presented to us , some logic will have to be set aside and a lot of attention is needed to be paid to the clues given in the conversations and all the philosophical lines spouted out. 

So here we have our male protagonist , Han Se Yu - SK's very own Stephen King who has achieved the success that most budding / struggling writers can only dream of.  Given that he has been in the business long enough he  definitely knows how to turn on his "business mask" and comes across as charming and friendly (oh how he gritted his teeth while signing the autographs at the restaurant; how he did a 180 degree turn to have coffee with an old acquaintance he obviously could not stand when he saw fans taking photo. ) Indeed the power of capitalism. So behind that mask we see an eccentric writer who enjoys going undercover to research for his roles , who thinks that having a deer (:lol:) will brighten up a dreary garden and who claims he is allergic to dogs. He was not as diva as I imagined him to be given that he seem to treat his staff well - not requesting them to come back on their off day. At least we know he knew how to make his own cup of coffee and was polite enough to offer Seol a cuppa after the whole dog fiasco.

Muses are ghosts. Sometimes they come uninvited.
I'm not sure when our Seol will become an anti-fan, cause the very person that was presented to us seems extremely enamoured by her idol. So what is Seol's deal? I wonder what caused her to choose the life of a delivery girl instead of a vet. She seems like an all round capable and intelligent person. She's athletic and physically inclined on top of being a sharp shooter. Has a heart of gold too - notice the dog chose her over HSY (animals know these things). I have to say that scene was epic especially with the Celine Dion sound as BGM . I really like the sense of humour. So it seems she is haunted by her past life whenever she holds the gun. Was she his muse then in the past, and will she be his muse now? I found it interesting that in the midst of the whole Subway PPL :wink:, she was indeed his very first fan.

A pen is stronger than a knife. A typewriter is stronger than a gun.
This seems to be the key line(s) that was repeatedly brought up throughout the episode. Did perhaps the past HSY write something so powerful that he instigated a revolution? If you recall ,while talking to his old "friend" , the friend mentioned that his dad was worried about HSY and that what he was writing was dangerous. And within the next 10 mins, you see an intruder who holds HSY to gunpoint and who blames HSY's books as sending him the message to do that. I thought it was very clever how the show tries to drive home the point on the power of the pen.

So a number of interesting mysteries/ questions have been presented to us:

1. How is the past  tied to the present? What was it that was not settled in their  past lives that needs to be settled now? Did Seol kill someone?

2. What happened 10 years ago to HSY? HSY was an orphan who was likely raised by the "friend's" parents? So how did things become so sour?

3. Who is the dog? It crossed my mind that it was / could be the reincarnation of someone.:blink:

4. The magical/ haunted typewriter. Is this the gateway to past memories? I found it interesting that HSY entitled his upcoming book - "The Story of An Independent Activist and A Writer" and set it in 1930s Kyungsung. Looks like his next best seller could very well be an autobiography of his past life.

Anyway looking forward to watching the next eps. Indeed YAI and ISJ are real pros in their roles.  Anticipating GKP appearance in eps 2, though the 3rd person in the past scenes was him I suppose.

Chicago-Typewriter-OST-PART-1.jpg

SALTNPAPER (솔튼페이퍼) – Satellite (위성) Lyrics [Chicago Typewriter (시카고 타자기) OST]

Single: 시카고 타자기 OST Part 1 (tvN 금토드라마)
Lyrics: 남혜승, 박상희, Jello Ann
Composition: 남혜승, 박상희
Arrangement: 남혜승, 박상희
Release date: 2017.04.08

I’m walking all night long in mysteries
You’re singing all day long in maze
Without song in my heart, it is a lie
Still I am wondering why

I’m feeling all my lights going out
All I can hear is your lullaby
From your guide now I’m here without knowing
Those melodies I sing like I know

Don’t wanna say goodbye
I wanna hear your voices
in dreams
Don’t wanna see your tears
I wanna see your traces
I hear you

Say I will
If our tears haven’t fade away
I may cross now or I won’t
Say I will
If our hands didn’t get to hold
Hourglass stories of me and you, we loved

Satellite love
Through the rain, to the stars
Satellite love
Through the rain, to the stars

Say I will
If our tears haven’t fade away
I may cross now or I won’t
Say I will
If our hands didn’t get to hold
Hourglass stories of me and you someday

Satellite love
Satellite love
Satellite love
Satellite love

Cr to ilyricsbuzz

• Like 8

April 8, 2017

Song Hye Kyo Shows Support For Yoo Ah In And His New Drama, "Chicago Typewriter"

jeeelim5

Actress Song Hye Kyo has stepped up to show her support for Yoo Ah In and his new drama.

On April 8, the actress posted a character still of Yoo Ah In as a famous writer in tvN’s new drama “Chicago Typewriter,” along with a caption that simply had the drama’s name.

Song Hye Kyo and Yoo Ah In are known to be close friends, and are also working under the same label. In a recent interview, she revealed that she feels like an older sister who treats him, as well as “Descendants of the Sun” co-star Song Joong Ki, to delicious meals.

“Chicago Typewriter” is off to a good start with great plot points, cinematography and acting from the cast. The drama scored average nationwide ratings of 2.6 percent, with real-time ratings peaking at 4.4 percent.

“Chicago Typewriter” airs every Friday and Saturday. Watch it exclusively on Viki!Watch "Chicago Typewriter," available exclusively on Viki!

Source (1)

soompi

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i could not watch today ep...i had a very busy day so sorry my friends...i can't wait to watch today ep...i hope i'll understand more...the big dog is so cute

Me too and most probably next weekend too.  However, whenever there's time it's ok to drop by, @andy78

• Like 4

Finish watching episode 2.

finally, yoo Jin oh came out on screen tonight.. and seems like he know everything about SeJoo and their past life, did he really ghost from past?  On last scene jin oh help him to continue his novel.. i need to see more Jin oh.. because seems like he was the key of this story.

Sejoo boss seems like already contact Yoo writer to be ghost writer, looking that myterious man style, i bet he is Yoo Jin oh.  on last scene seems like Jeonseol help Sejoo out from the car, but sejoo mistaken her like she want to kill him lol..he is lucky, since Jeonseol took holiday in the farm or village like bangji mom said to sejoo. 

Their friendship looks great between Sejoo jeonseol and jin oh  in the past. But im curious why Jeonseol (past life) holding gun toward one of them? In present time, i also curious about sad story of Jeonseol? there is alot mystery in this drama, i guess i need to wait more episode..i also love past scene our 3 otp, Its good choice, fresh and new in kdramaland using time when japan invasions of korea..because we always find it only on Movie scene.. 

AS FOR NOTE ABOUT GENRE CHICAGO TYPEWRITER ON PRESSCON writer said this drama was romance, fantasy and MELODRAMA..So, it was not fully romcom, but MELODRAMA genre more suit this drama, since writer past project more likely melodrama and action..

some scene for tonight episode:

IMG_1923b94b0.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_1924644ca.jpg

GKP UPDATE FANS TO WATCH  #chicacotypewriter 

Spoiler

I just finish watching episode1 with eng sub, wow..when Jeonseol Holding gun she keep remember her own past?

did it was meant that She know SeJoo too? Long before she met him at subway fastfood?. just like she said in the subway fast food, "look like he write novel" to her friend. like she know his profession already, or did she knowa it from her past life? and high possibility she is Disguise her self as his fan for long time, its that meant she want to get close again with him, after their past life ended with unknow mystery.

can we skip sunday monday tuesday weds thursday just for friday?? Cant wait for episode 3 !!!!

@Yongzura thank u for sharing new ost, where i can play that song? :( i cant find it on utube.

EDIT:

1st ost chicago typewriter

SALTNPAPER - SATELLITE

@kentangbakar here utube link for saltnpaper song.

• Like 12

anyaseyo chingus, nice to see a lot of familiar faces from the TWY thread, thank you to all the recappers.

I just watched ep 1 eng sub and this is my first time watching these actors...

it a nice surprise seeing Secretary Kim ("goblin") acting as a flamboyant CEO of a publishing firm...

I'm already in love with Jeon Seol...that ending in episode 1!!!! She's so BADASSS

Is this drama pre-produced? was wondering how they switched Yoo Ina's hair from long to the low cut...between scenes...he was looking mighty fine in the past with that long hair...

for most of EP 1 I was just trying to make sense and follow along with the story and trying to get acquainted with the character and the story but so far it has held my interest and I cant wait to see how everyone connects to the past and why they are fated to meet again...

great visuals/production/cinematorgraphy, music and I think all the actors have done a great job with their roles so far...no weak actors

cant wait for ep 2 eng sub because of that cliffhanger didnt think Han Se Joo would make the connection to Jeon Seol's past this early in the story...that could only mean we have quite a lot of mysteries to figure out...and I love it!!! Bring it on with the clues....

@triplem great write up on the episode so far

• Like 5