[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

21 minutes ago, dramaobsessed said:

anyaseyo chingus, nice to see a lot of familiar faces from the TWY thread, thank you to all the recappers.

I just watched ep 1 eng sub and this is my first time watching these actors...

it a nice surprise seeing Secretary Kim ("goblin") acting as a flamboyant CEO of a publishing firm...

I'm already in love with Jeon Seol...that ending in episode 1!!!! She's so BADASSS

Is this drama pre-produced? was wondering how they switched Yoo Ina's hair from long to the low cut...between scenes...he was looking mighty fine in the past with that long hair...

for most of EP 1 I was just trying to make sense and follow along with the story and trying to get acquainted with the character and the story but so far it has held my interest and I cant wait to see how everyone connects to the past and why they are fated to meet again...

great visuals/production/cinematorgraphy, music and I think all the actors have done a great job with their roles so far...no weak actors

cant wait for ep 2 eng sub because of that cliffhanger didnt think Han Se Joo would make the connection to Jeon Seol's past this early in the story...that could only mean we have quite a lot of mysteries to figure out...and I love it!!! Bring it on with the clues....

@triplem great write up on the episode so far

No,this one "on going shooting".

Yoo ah in wore wig for his past life..

but yes he look good with long hair, than military hair style. 

Yes, all actors so damn good especially our three lead really good in this field :tongue: 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, dramaobsessed said:

anyaseyo chingus, nice to see a lot of familiar faces from the TWY thread, thank you to all the recappers.

I just watched ep 1 eng sub and this is my first time watching these actors...

it a nice surprise seeing Secretary Kim ("goblin") acting as a flamboyant CEO of a publishing firm...

I'm already in love with Jeon Seol...that ending in episode 1!!!! She's so BADASSS

Is this drama pre-produced? was wondering how they switched Yoo Ina's hair from long to the low cut...between scenes...he was looking mighty fine in the past with that long hair...

for most of EP 1 I was just trying to make sense and follow along with the story and trying to get acquainted with the character and the story but so far it has held my interest and I cant wait to see how everyone connects to the past and why they are fated to meet again...

great visuals/production/cinematorgraphy, music and I think all the actors have done a great job with their roles so far...no weak actors

cant wait for ep 2 eng sub because of that cliffhanger didnt think Han Se Joo would make the connection to Jeon Seol's past this early in the story...that could only mean we have quite a lot of mysteries to figure out...and I love it!!! Bring it on with the clues....

@triplem great write up on the episode so far

Hello gal! great to see you here. More mysteries to unravel. At least this drama we don't have to concern ourselves with the rules of time travel. :D

From what I know, the drama is still being shot. If I'm not mistaken he had this hairstyle since the start. So I guess YAI has to wear a wig for his past scenes. Maybe someone has more info on this.

edit: I just saw @LoveBangWon's reply. Thanks chingu. In fact special shout-out to all those who have been on this time slot since Goblin and TWY.  Let's see what  "fate" brings us this round. :tongue:

omg, I think since the beginning I questioning is Yoo Jin OH is literally a ghost?

look like he is.

aniyaa...Let say my heart said 60% he is the literally a ghost 40% still hope he is a human. T_T. I think I saw before the character description that he also a famous writer. I should look up the character description back.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Hide contents

As reference:

CHICAGO TYPEWRITER

A Thompson submachine gun, as used by Prohibition-era gangsters. So-named because the sound of a Tommy being fired in the distance resembled the sound of typing on a typewriter, and because the weapon was in popular use throughout south-side Chicago in Al Capone's day.

Thank you for sharing this tidbit of information @Yongzura initially I thought because he found/got the typewriter from chicago but I guess it has double meaning or they're really hinting on a gun used by Jeon Seol in the past era....

thank you for the response @LoveBangWon and @triplem wow he's stylist must be really good...the hair looks really authentic, would never question it's not his..

@triplem Hey gal, you're everywhere aren't you? YAAAASSS here's to all of us holding up this time slot since Goblin, may the "fate" be in our favor BWAHAHA...

I really like drama's that keep me guessing and coming up with different theories....it seems like there's going to be lots of that here...let the fun, guessing games and theories begin :D

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, dramaobsessed said:

Thank you for sharing this tidbit of information @Yongzura initially I thought because he brought the typewriter from chicago but I guess it has double meaning or they're really hinting on a gun used by Jeon Seol in the past era....

No problem.... I was also wondering about it until JS told HSJ  (in the past) about it.

Guess  there are lots of "words playing" here too... now that we have the second lead appears from nowhere :D The ghostwriter is really a ghost?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

No problem.... I was also wondering about it until JS tells HSJ  (in the past) about it.

Guess  there are lots of "words playing" here too... now that we have the second lead appears from nowhere :D The ghostwriter is really a ghost?

hehe, I also have a feeling the ghostwriter is literally a ghost...this is going to be verrrry interesting!!! I havent seen ep 2 but are his clothes/style old school or modern?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dramaobsessed said:

hehe, I also have a feeling the ghostwriter is literally a ghost...this is going to be verrrry interesting!!! I havent seen ep 2 but are his clothes/style old school or modern?

A mixed of old and new... :ph34r:

• Like 5

I loveeee what I've seen in the two episodes. Been awhile since I'm getting excited again about a drama (last time it was Weightlifting KBJ). 

The set-up is nice. In the present, the two main characters have great chemistry and I find myself giggling watching their interactions/conversations. Good sign. The ending of ep.1 is very very good. 

The past story is intriguing too. 

1. Jeon Seol's comments intrigue me: about how Han Se Ju must have saved the nation in his past life and she must have betrayed the nation in her past life. Is this the opposite in the past? Remember the independent activist shot the writer. Is it because of something he wrote?  Seems like the three of them had a good relationship in the past. What went wrong?

2. Go Kyung Pyo's character: is he even real, in the present story? What is the "soul"/ghost thing that left the dog and got suck into the typewriter?  

3. Cannot comment much on Baek Tae Min character based on what I've seen so far. Are our 3 main male leads going to be in love with Jeon Seol?

It's going to be soooo good. I'm in for this ride. 

• Like 9

Episode 2 is even better! Hopefully it will keep the quality until the end.
The mystery of ghost/soul and ghostwriter seems so interesting. The moving eyes of the wall picture makes the scenes more horror. haha

I am quite blank to write more (problem of writer. arghh.. shake hand with Han Se Ju, huhu).

@LoveBangWon @Yongzura You're welcome. Just helping those who are eager so much to watch it as soon as possible. Alright, sure, I will inform here when subs released for next episodes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Episode 2

Reveal hidden contents

Episode 2 with English Subs: 

skip to 4:47 min. the recap and beginning (no subs during this part)

I will remove this link later

Thank u for sharing, if u dont mind.. If engsub out fast. Please let us know :D and i will PM u for asking the link hehehe.. Thank u so much 

Edited by MadraRua
Please no illegal streaming links
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

Episode 2

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you very much. Got to watch it earlier.  Maybe because it is new and not many are following it yet, thus it is a little bit late compared to those which have been aired longer.

The story is getting more and more interesting  :) especially now that HSJ is having a writer's block.  There are a few reasons and... his stressful life because of the stalker definitely one of them besides being "transported" to and fro to the past and present (in his mind for now). 

• Like 5

Another FMV:

Credit to the owner.

Spoiler

In case you want to sing along..

I’m walking all night long in mysteries
You’re singing all day long in maze
Without song in my heart, it is a lie
Still I am wondering why

I’m feeling all my lights going out
All I can hear is your lullaby
From your guide now I’m here without knowing
Those melodies I sing like I know

Don’t wanna say goodbye
I wanna hear your voices
in dreams
Don’t wanna see your tears
I wanna see your traces
I hear you

Say I will
If our tears haven’t fade away
I may cross now or I won’t
Say I will
If our hands didn’t get to hold
Hourglass stories of me and you, we loved

Satellite love
Through the rain, to the stars
Satellite love
Through the rain, to the stars

Say I will
If our tears haven’t fade away
I may cross now or I won’t
Say I will
If our hands didn’t get to hold
Hourglass stories of me and you someday

Satellite love
Satellite love
Satellite love
Satellite love

Cr to ilyricsbuzz

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Yongzura said:

A mixed of old and new... :ph34r:

they're trolling us and trying to throw us off!!! thanks @Ahmad Kamil I was able to watch ep 2, things are getting more and more interesting and the plot is thickening!!!

Yoo Jin Oh shows up out of nowhere in Han Se Joo's house and starts writing using the old typewriter...I'm convinced he's a ghost, we're not shown who the CEO (aka Secretary Kim---sorry dont remember his name here, still trying to keep up with their names) met and talked to concerning the "ghost writer"... 

I guess we will see in upcoming episodes who gets to actually see Yoo Jin Oh in real life...from the preview of ep 3 it looks like even Han Se Joo doesnt know who the ghostwriter is and the CEO is not revealing it to him....I smell a misunderstanding...

Because of his dreams and hallucinations about the past, Han Se Joo thinks that he may have written the story himself...because who else knows what he's been seeing in his dreams!!!

The CEO thinks the "ghostwriter" wrote it....but since he's keeping the identity of the "ghostwriter" secret, we don't know if he hired Yoo Jin Oh or not!!!

During the earthquake, in ep2 both Jeon Seol and Han Se Joo experienced it...but they were the only ones!!! we were shown that only his house was shaking...

when the CEO came, he had no idea what Han Se Joo was talking about....because the earthquake didnt happen anywhere else...

I think there's going to be a misunderstanding concerning the identity of the "ghostwriter"

Something else interesting...every time, Jeon Seol visits Han Se Joo's house, someone mysteriously opens the door for her...is it the ghost?! 

which brings me to the scene in ep 1 with the dog, when it ran into Jeon Seol's arms and not Han Se Joo....they played the Celine Dion song...could it be the dog was possessed with Yoo Jin Oh's soul? because it runs into her arms and not Han Se Joo!!! and they play the Power of Love "I'm your lady...and you are my man...whenever you reach for me...I'll do all that I can" in the background---were they lovers in the past? (Jeon Seol and Yoo Jin Oh)

Later, we're shown the soul, leaves the dog's body and goes inside the typewriter

Part of the lyrics to Power Of Love says:

Even though there may be times
It seems I'm far away
Never wonder where I am
'Cause I am always by your side

Dog's are considered a man's best friend...from wiki "Man's best friend" is a common phrase about domestic dogs, referring to their close relations, loyalty, and companionship with humans.

were they lovers/best friends in the past? was he loyal and then betrayed? 

that lady, the psychic, (not sure what's her name or relation to Jeon Seol) mentioned something about death and resentment when she met HSJ for the first time....

I'll put the lyrics to the song, Power of Love - in the spoiler

Spoiler

"The Power Of Love"

The whispers in the morning
Of lovers sleeping tight
Are rolling by like thunder now
As I look in your eyes

I hold on to your whole body
And feel each move you make
Your voice is warm and tender
A love that I could not forsake

[First chorus:]
'Cause I'm your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can

Lost is how I'm feeling lying in your arms
When the world outside's too much to take
That all ends when I'm with you

Even though there may be times
It seems I'm far away
Never wonder where I am
'Cause I am always by your side

[First chorus]

[Second chorus:]
We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

The sound of your heart beating
Made it clear suddenly
The feeling that I can't go on
Is light years away

[First chorus]

[Second chorus]

The power of love
The power of love

Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

The power of love

As I look in your eyes

The power of love

Also in the relationship chart that @MiAmour shared, dont know what it says(can someone try to translate it?) but it shows:

1.  there's a red arrow from Yoo Jin Oh to Jeon Seol : I'm assuming red means that person likes the other

2. there's a black arrow that goes from Yoo Jin Oh to Han Se Joo and vice versa

3. A red arrow from Jeon Seol's friend--sorry dont know her name...to Yoo Jin Oh

4. No arrow from Yoo Jin Oh to the CEO...which means they never meet IMO

5. The dog is in the middle in between, Han Se Joo and Jeon Seol with little red marks

6. there's an empty yellow box with no picture in it..it has a red line to Han Se Joon and a black line to Jeon Seol, this person is also linked to Baek Tae Min ( is he HSJ's half brother?), BTM's mother and father...

I love that this drama, has already got my mind racing with theories!!! cant wait for next week!!! I'm also loving the camera pans and transitions when they transition from the present to the past...DAEBAK

Chicago Typewriter Fighting!!!!

• Like 7

tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter” Hints At Upcoming Time Jump With New Vintage Stills

Yoo-Ah-In-Im-Soo-Jung-Go-Kyung-Pyo.jpg

tvN’s newest drama “Chicago Typewriter” made a successful premiere on April 7. Following the first episode, tvN released stills of the cast for the plot-line taking place 80 years ago.

The first episode of the drama introduced the storyline in present day. The newly released stills are gaining attention as the characters from the past are portrayed with such stark contrast to their corresponding present-day counterparts.

Yoo-Ah-In-4-540x360.jpg

Lim-Soo-Jung-2-540x811.jpg

Read full article here>>> https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/08/tvns-chicago-typewriter-hints-upcoming-time-jump-new-vintage-stills/

• Like 5

Chicago Typewriter: Episode 1

by gummimochi

Chicago01-00682a.jpg

Every stroke of a typewriter key and every word uttered in tvN’s newest fantasy romance Chicago Typewriter will hold great significance when a hotshot bestselling author comes face to face with the woman who is his biggest fan, and with whom he shares a mysterious past. He won’t have an easy time writing her off when her words fly faster than a bullet and leave an impact deeper than any gunshot wound.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/chicago-typewriter-episode-1/

• Like 5

three lead so cute !!! nomu yeppoyoo !

NEW STILLS FROM EPISODE 2

IMG_19273b329.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_19267aab3.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg
IMG_192915a17.jpg
IMG_19304f49d.jpg
IMG_19314a787.jpg

i saw rating increase a bit for episode 2, i guess it was good sign.. thanks @Vo Ki Trieu !

@dramaobsessed love your post, its nice to read some clue and hint about this unknown mystery..  according to ur post, about blank chart, i guess we have mystery character here ! nice catch :D 

• Like 9