[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

유진오

Trans for Yoo Jin Oh Character Description by @NoonS & @ayotaesan

Yoo Jin Oh (by Ko Kyung Pyo)

A ghost writer who writes Sae Ju's novels. A genius writing style. Modern boy of 1930s fashion style.  A Jazz mania. An antique lover. Everything else is wrapped in veil. He jokes with mischievous jest and a serious expression on his face. An intentional unidentifiable lie. He's a mysterious person whose identity cannot be caught up.

While Saeju was rescued from the accident by Seol and resides in the mountain cabin, Jin Oh completes 1 serial of Saeju’s new novel and disappears. He leaves the manuscript and disappears without any trace, and eventually Saeju was caught red-handed.

One day, following the breathtaking bromance between writer and ghost-writer, Jin Oh make a new proposal to the Saeju. Instead of continuing to write novel for Saeju, he asks him to be a couple breaker that interferes with his girlfriend's love. However, as a result, Saeju's eyes become more and more like a man's eyes, his heart’s hurt while watching it.

• Like 6

ONE MORE ARTICLE

Posters revealed for tvN's Chicago Typewriter

tvN revealed posters as well as individual posters for its upcoming drama "Chicago Typewriter" featuring Yoo Ah In, Im Soo Jung and Go Kyung Pyo. The drama is set in the 1930s and follows three writers who are reincarnated into the modern world as a writer, a ghostwriter, and writer critic. 

In the main poster, Go Kyung Pyo is seen writing in his typewriter while a portrait of the three characters is hang behind him. The text in the picture translates to: "A miracle of love that begins with an old typewriter."

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/27011244/chicago-typewriter2.jpg   

(Photo: soompi.com) 

There are also individual posters for each of the three characters in the drama.

Spoiler

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/27011235/chicago-typewriter-yoo-ah-in.jpg

Spoiler

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/27011212/chicago-typewriter-go-kyung-pyo.jpg

Spoiler

https://0.soompi.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/27011223/chicago-typewriter-im-soo-jung.jpg

(Photos: soompi.com) 

The drama will start airing on April 7 on Fridays and Saturdays 20:00.  

http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1217

THANKS @ayotaesan ...

• Like 4

More Stills

2017040501000321500020521_20170404103806

Translated excerpt from interview courtesy of X

In the interview, Yoo Ah In talks about why he picked the role of Han Se Joo and what he thinks of his co-star Im Soo Jung. To the question asking why he chose the role, Yoo Ah In answers, “I want to play a character which is not typical. I chose this work because it deviates from the character patterns I took before. And I think that Han Se Joo is such an unprecedented character.” He adds, “Although the writing/script is not completely finished, but one can’t help but feel weird about putting an end to the story.” 

Yoo Ah In also talks about working with actress Im Soo Jung for the first time. (Note: many people are looking forward to these two Blue Dragon Awards winners’ acting together in this drama). He says, “We [our character] bicker sometimes, but we also get warm feelings from each other. I have thought what would it be like if Im Soo Jung play Jeon Seol. After I saw her, I feel great because we blend perfectly.”

Im Soo Jung says, “The character [Han Se Joo] is very similar with Yoo Ah In’s actual character. It makes it [the character] look more attractive.” Go Kyung Pyo, the youngest of the two, says, “I’m working alongside two experienced people. I want to learn a lot [from them] through this work.”

More set pictures

1490868076_zpsbow0afml.jpeg?zoom=2

1490868078_zpsczsnsutg.jpeg?zoom=2

• Like 6

@ayotaesan thanks a bunch. So helpful to have translators among us.

I'm actually very excited about the 1930s era - pre world war 2. It's an interesting era because of the great depression affecting  the worlds economy and and politics. But at the same time it was also when swing jazz came to dominate the American music scene and I'm sure it made its way to SK then. So I'm hoping that the OST will pay some tribute to the American Standards in some way. I know the focus will the present but it will be kind of romantic to have some scenes from that era as well.

Watch: Cast Of “Chicago Typewriter” Gives A Sneak Peek Into Their Characters

Chicago-Typewriter.jpg

tvN recently released a behind-the-scenes clip of their highly anticipated drama, “Chicago Typewriter.” In the clip, the stars of the drama gave viewers some insight into the roles that they would be playing.

Yoo Ah In, the male lead in the drama, first commented on why he was drawn to his role. “The character I am portraying is a popular novelist. I was drawn to this role because the nature of the character is different than anything I have done before,” he said. Yoo Ah In also revealed a dilemma his character is going through. “There are instances where a piece cannot be perfected but you are forced to put an end to it, and there is a strange feeling that goes along with that,” he said, revealing a challenge for his character to overcome.

Im Soo Jung also spoke about her role in the drama. “My character is a crazed fan. A really, really crazy fan. But through a certain incident, she becomes an anti-fan in a different time period,” said the actress, leaving viewers curious as to how the plots in the two timelines will play out.

Following this, Go Kyung Pyo talked about his role as a ghostwriter. “I play a very mysterious role which is difficult. I have to constantly remind myself to act naturally and not act in a way that is too forced.

When the cast was asked about their chemistry with one another, Yoo Ah In said, “I am always arguing with Im Soo Jung’s character, but we also share warm feelings towards one another.” Im Soo Jung further commented, “I think Yoo Ah In suits his role so well. He is so believable and because of this, I think I am drawn to his character’s charm even more.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/04/watch-cast-chicago-typewriter-gives-sneak-peek-characters/
  • Like 4

HIGHLIGHT TEASER

http://naver.me/GdA8dIcO

1 MINS TEASER FROM TVN UTUBE

VLIVE RIGHT NOW !! HERE !

http://www.vlive.tv/video/26337

PRESSCON PHOTO !!!

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_18047f5b4.jpg

ALL PHOTO UNDER SPOILER:

Spoiler

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg
IMG_1731.jpg
IMG_1732.jpg
IMG_1733.jpg
IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_1735.jpg
IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1737.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg
IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1745.jpg
IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_1747.jpg
IMG_1749.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1751.jpg
IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg
IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_179581613.jpg
IMG_1796.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1801c6349.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1797085f6.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_1805.jpg
IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg
IMG_1808.jpg
IMG_18096bc69.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1811ec1c5.jpg
IMG_1812.jpg
IMG_1813ded6e.jpg

Exclusive: Cast Of "Chicago Typewriter" Is Full Of Laughter At Press Conference

On April 5, Soompi had the opportunity to attend the press conference for tvN’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama, “Chicago Typewriter.” Actors Yoo Ah In, Go Kyung Pyo, Im Soo Jung, and Kwak Si Yang were present at the press conference, along with the director of “Chicago Typewriter,” PD Kim Cheol Kyu.

The press conference began with photo time, for which the actors posed for individual shots as well as couple and group shots.

After individual shots, Im Soo Jung and Yoo Ah In posed for couple shots and their sweet chemistry could be seen immediately, as the two couldn’t stop smiling at one another while walking up on stage together.

Go Kyung Pyo joined the two on stage afterwards for a shot of the three main actors and Kwak Si Yang joined for a final group shot. MC Park Kyung Lim asked the actors to strike an interesting pose for the final shot and suggested, “Although it may seem awkward, since the title of the drama is ‘Chicago Typewriter,’ maybe pretend to be typing on a typewriter.” The actors, although initially thrown off by the unusual request, laughed and proceeded to pose together.

MC Park Kyung Lim asked the cast members why they chose “Chicago Typewriter” and also asked PD Kim why he chose this specific cast for the drama. In response, Yoo Ah In stated that he had always wanted to take on the role of a writer and saw this as a perfect opportunity to fulfill a career dream of his. Im Soo Jung answered that she fell in love with the narrative immediately upon reading it and expressed that she had always wanted to work with her fellow cast mates on a project.

Go Kyung Pyo stated that he not only loved the script, as it was fun and very unique, but also wanted to work with the cast and crew of the drama. Finally, Kwak Si Yang answered that he chose the drama because, after reading the scripts for the first three episodes, he couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next and expressed how honored he was to be working alongside such experienced actors.

PD Kim said that each actor had his or her own unique, unexpected charms and that they all brought something different to the table. Furthermore, he continued to say that each actor’s individual sensibilities matched very well with the character that they were cast for, raising even more anticipation for the drama.

MC Park Kyung Lim then moved onto the Q&A portion of the press conference and took questions from reporters. When asked how he felt about being the maknae (youngest) on set, Go Kyung Pyo responded, “Being the maknae is the best! I receive a lot of love on set and everyone takes really good care of me. I want to take some time now to tell that I love them,” which drew laughs from all the panelists.

MC Park Kyung Lim asked a follow-up question about working with three actors who are known for their young looking faces and the actor amusingly responded, “I acknowledge that I look old for my age…,” at which point Yoo Ah In jumped in and said, “That’s so bad of you, Kyung Lim noona! You made him say that!” which caused everyone to burst out laughing.

When asked if he thought the drama would get good viewer ratings, Kwak Si Yang responded, “Yes, I do think it will get good ratings. I think that we will be able to rewrite tvN history with this drama so please watch it on time!”

Furthermore, a reporter asked the actor if he felt burdened at all when working with an actor as experienced as Yoo Ah In. Kwak Si Yang honestly answered, “Yes, it’s very burdensome to act alongside him. Even from the very first script reading, I couldn’t help but admire him for his acting abilities and thought to myself that I still have a lot to learn.”

Actor Yoo Ah In also addressed a question regarding the status of his mandatory military enlistment, which was initially pushed back as the actor was diagnosed with a benign bone tumor.

The actors couldn’t stop laughing throughout the press conference, as they continued to joke around while answering reporters’ questions. Anticipation for the drama continues to grow as the close relationships between the actors reflects their amazing on-screen chemistry, which viewers will be able to see once the drama airs.

The first episode of tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter” will air on Friday, April 7 at 8 p.m. KST. Check out the trailer for the drama on Viki!

SOURCE SOOMPI

EXCLUSIVE PHOTO FROM SOOMPI:

Spoiler

CHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-19-feature-imagCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-1.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-2.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-3.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-4.jpg

CHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-5.jpg

CHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-6.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-7.jpg

CHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-8.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-15.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-11.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-12.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-14.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-16.jpgCHICAGO-TYPEWRITER-PRESS-17.jpg

• Like 13