[Drama 2017] Chicago Typewriter 시카고 타자기

larus

Reasons to watch the new tvN 'antique romance' drama Chicago Typewriter

• April 7, 2017 21:51 SGT 1491573067_chicago-typewriter.png

The tvN's new drama "Chicago Typewriter" is to premiere on April 7, at 8 p.m, KST and there are enough reasons to watch this new Friday-Saturday drama. The amazing star cast is one of the reasons for sure as it include Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In) who is the best-selling writer, Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo) playing the mysterious ghost writer and Han Se Joo's as the writer's former diehard fan.

Actor Yoo Ah In's outstanding acting capabilities is well-known and is expected the same from him for his role as the cold, gentle-hearted genius writer- Han Se Joo. Another major reason to look forward to this drama is actress Im Soo Jung, who is making a comeback on the small screen after 13 years.

The story of the upcoming tvN drama revolves around these three characters and how they are connected to each other in the present as well as in the past, through an antique typewriter.

The writer of the drama, Jin Soo Wan is known for his popular dramas like "The Moon Embracing the Sun" and "Kill Me, Heal Me" and is definitely expected to produce something as good as her previous works. PD Kim Cheol Kyu will accompany her who is known for directing popular dramas such as "Hwang Jin Yi" and "On the Way to the Airport."

more http://www.ibtimes.sg/reasons-watch-new-tvn-antique-romance-drama-chicago-typewriter-9072

3 Reasons That Tell You Why You Should Watch tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter”

chicago-typewriter3.jpg

tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Chicago Typewriter” premieres tonight, April 7, at 8 p.m. KST. The drama’s character lineup includes best-selling writer, Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In), who has fallen into a slump, the mysterious ghost writer, Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), who could save his career, and Han Se Joo’s former diehard fan, Jeon Seol (Im Soo Jung), who has now become his worst anti-fan.

“Chicago Typewriter” will tell the story about these three characters and how they are connected to one another both in the present and in the past, through an antique typewriter. Here are three reasons why you should watch the new mystery romance drama!

more https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/07/3-reasons-watch-tvns-chicago-typewriter/

• Like 7

@larus and other here.. thanks for the updates and recaps.  I'll wait for the  sub before watching.  It will be sub right? I didn't realize today is the premiere but glad  it's weekend.. I got time.  :)

I'll share my thoughts once I see the drama..

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, jongski said:

@larus and other here.. thanks for the updates and recaps.  I'll wait for the  sub before watching.  It will be sub right? I didn't realize today is the premiere but glad  it's weekend.. I got time.  :)

I'll share my thoughts once I see the drama..

Yes, it will be translated. Viki started the translation. It is 3 % right now but we`ll have tomorrow the subs, I am sure.

• Like 4

I have just done watching the pilot episode with VIU subs. Love it. Really interesting and promising! The pace is good and music is nice too. It already feels intense to be hooked. Looking forward the next episode. 

p/s: Glad to see familiar names here from TWY and RTDK thread. hehe

Edited by Ahmad Kamil
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

RATING EP1: 

AGB NATIONWIDE: 2.649%

AGB SEOUL: 2.924%

it surprising me that this drama started low in rating, perhaps we should wait until Jtbc drama ended?:smirk:

Can anyone PM me the link of subs? i search everywhere and it still raw, smh :unsure:

• Like 3

[SPOILERS] CHICAGO TYPEWRITER (PILOT) + RATING

Spoiler

0003512980_001_20170407212007777.jpg

0003512980_002_20170407212007795.jpg

chicago.png

Naver - Osen: Yoo Ah In x Lim Soo Jung x Ko Gyung Pyo entangled...'Chicago' hate from the first episode

1. [+3407, -308] Is Yoo Ah In's old face real...?

2. [+2638, -221] The dog's really good at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2150, -161] I still don't know, i have to watch more to judge but Yoo Ah In's hair in the past is much better

4. [+2108, -232] The typewriter is scary and the dog's acting is really good

5. [+638, -88] Yoo Ah In's hair and visuals in the past are no joke

6. [+579, -86] I'm not the only one who finds the past much cooler ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Really, old-fashion style, glasses and the hair are the best ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+499, -82] With long hair looks better

8. [+504, -94] The obvious things are that the dog is crazy cute and Yoo Ah In is very handsome

9. [+455, -97] Yoo Ah In in his previous life looks very handsome

Spoiler

201704072006191014838_20170407200712_01_

chicago.png

Naver - heraldpop: 'Chicago Typewriter' Yoo Ah In, Become a star writer 'Global popularity'

1. [+743, -56] I'm amazed how the dog is good at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cute

2. [+622, -70] Maybe because it's still the first episode but i don't feel anything yet ㅎㅎ

3. [+372, -31] The typewriter is scary and the dog's acting is really good

4. [+291, -57] To be honest, his hair is not that good. His long hair is much better

5. [+155, -12] I still don't know yet...Except that the dog is good at acting..

6. [+164, -22] Even here they still eating sandwich Subway

7. [+96, -5] Is subway a member in tvN? It's coming out too much.

8. [+134, -19] Who thinks that Yoo Ah In looks better with long hair than the cut one!!!!

cre: netizendrama
  • Like 4

[SPOILERS] CHICAGO TYPEWRITER (PILOT) 

Spoiler

0003512980_001_20170407212007777.jpg0003512980_002_20170407212007795.jpg

chicago.png

Naver - Osen: Yoo Ah In x Lim Soo Jung x Ko Gyung Pyo entangled...'Chicago' hate from the first episode

1. [+3407, -308] Is Yoo Ah In's old face real...?

2. [+2638, -221] The dog's really good at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2150, -161] I still don't know, i have to watch more to judge but Yoo Ah In's hair in the past is much better

4. [+2108, -232] The typewriter is scary and the dog's acting is really good

5. [+638, -88] Yoo Ah In's hair and visuals in the past are no joke

6. [+579, -86] I'm not the only one who finds the past much cooler ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Really, old-fashion style, glasses and the hair are the best ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

7. [+499, -82] With long hair looks better

8. [+504, -94] The obvious things are that the dog is crazy cute and Yoo Ah In is very handsome

9. [+455, -97] Yoo Ah In in his previous life looks very handsome

Spoiler

201704072006191014838_20170407200712_01_20170407200808038.jpg

chicago.png

Naver - heraldpop: 'Chicago Typewriter' Yoo Ah In, Become a star writer 'Global popularity'

1. [+743, -56] I'm amazed how the dog is good at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Cute

2. [+622, -70] Maybe because it's still the first episode but i don't feel anything yet ㅎㅎ

3. [+372, -31] The typewriter is scary and the dog's acting is really good

4. [+291, -57] To be honest, his hair is not that good. His long hair is much better

5. [+155, -12] I still don't know yet...Except that the dog is good at acting..

6. [+164, -22] Even here they still eating sandwich Subway

7. [+96, -5] Is subway a member in tvN? It's coming out too much.

8. [+134, -19] Who thinks that Yoo Ah In looks better with long hair than the cut one!!!!

cr
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MiAmour said:

it surprising me that this drama started low in rating, perhaps we should wait until Jtbc drama ended?:smirk:

Can anyone PM me the link of subs? i search everywhere and it still raw, smh :unsure:

jtbc drama airs at11pm, typewriterairs at 8 pm..

i don't thinktypewriter will be a runaway success.. because story is too convoluted or intelligent for now.. so less mass appeal

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

jtbc drama airs at11pm, typewriterairs at 8 pm..

i don't thinktypewriter will be a runaway success.. because story is too convoluted or intelligent for now.. so less mass appeal

well you probably more interested in a fully romcom drama. in fact this drama not really a romcom, but it was also a mystery drama.

---

• Like 3

tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter” Makes Solid Premiere With Elements Of Romantic Comedy And Mystery

Chicago-Typewriter3.jpg

vN’s latest drama “Chicago Typewriter” has aired its first episode!

On April 7, “Chicago Typewriter” premiered with a solid story and promising ratings. According to IPTV, it was able to receive an average viewership rating of 2.6 percent, with its highest rating at 4.4 percent.

The first episode showcased a fateful first meeting between Yoo Ah In’s celebrity writer character Han Se Joo and his hardcore fan Jeon Sul, played by Im Soo Jung.

Jeon Sul, who happens to be a part-time worker, is elated when she gets the chance to make a delivery to Han Se Joo’s house. While she initially becomes suspected as a stalker, Jeon Sul manages to save Han Se Joo from the real stalker. As Han Se Joo watches Jeon Sul save the day, he becomes reminded of a past image of Jeon Sul from 80 years ago.

More https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/07/tvns-chicago-typewriter-makes-solid-premiere-elements-romantic-comedy-mystery/

Watch: Yoo Ah In And Im Soo Jung Demonstrate Next-Level Professionalism In New Making Video

yoo-ah-in-chicago-typewriter.jpg

Perhaps it’s because they’ve both been in the business for a long time but Im Soo Jung and Yoo Ah In are on a different level than other actors in terms of professionalism and chemistry with other actors and crew members.

From the very beginning, Yoo Ah In can be seen filming a hectic scene in which his character Han Se Joo is bombarded by screaming fans and flashing lights at the airport. Despite the difficulty of the scene, Yoo Ah In filmed it over and over again after discussing everything down to the tiniest details with the director. The actor even gave advice to an extra about how they should coordinate their movements for the scene and received some well-deserved praise from the director after finishing filming.

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/07/watch-yoo-ah-im-soo-jung-demonstrate-next-level-professionalism-chicago-typewriter-making-video/

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MiAmour said:

ell you probably more interested in a fully romcom drama. in fact this drama not really a romcom, but it was also a mystery drama.---

did i say i want a full rom com? What for are you making the assumptions..

Also, do you know fr sure it has mystery and that this one is not a heavy romantic drama.. matter of fact is you don't... so unless the plot reveals itself you can't make those claims

also i am not sure what is a fully rom com drama for you. Every drama has various elements, its the predominant element that dictates the genre.

Goblin is also not a rom com, do bong soon loosely speaking maybe...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

So far I am enjoying the show. There are quite similarities with movie M (starring Kang Dong Won ) but overall , the mysterious vibe picks my interest. 

Yes, when the CEO of the company mentioned HSJ as Korea's Stephen King... .. can't help to say .. no wonder of all the mysterious vibe surrounding the story.  It will be getting more mysterious when both of them are getting closer since their past lives' are connected.  Looking forward to watch the rest of the drama...

Spoiler

As reference:

CHICAGO TYPEWRITER

A Thompson submachine gun, as used by Prohibition-era gangsters. So-named because the sound of a Tommy being fired in the distance resembled the sound of typing on a typewriter, and because the weapon was in popular use throughout south-side Chicago in Al Capone's day.

• Like 4