Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

[News] 2018.07.13 "30 but 17" Writer Jo Sung Hee's View on Yang Se Jong

0000053598_001_20180713101437380.jpg

-An old news that was not translated by any English websites, but it's one that's informative in relation to Se Jong.

-- Extracted & translated the part on Yang Se Jong only --

Writer Jo Sung Hee's interview—in regard to choosing the actor for the role

Yang Se Jong is an actor I am always curious about. I remember being surprised when I first saw him in "Duel". I wondered how he could show that kind of emotions and looks at his age. I was surprised again when we first met. Even though it was only a simple meet and greet, but from our light conversation, I felt he had already captured the meaning of the script and character accurately. I thought to myself, "He really is a smart actor!" He matches the Woo Jin I had in mind very closely, and I really wanted to work with him. I am very thankful he could become our Woo Jin.

source: iMBC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Introducing Yang Se Jong's 5 Dramas and His Crying Scenes - Part 1

Yang Se Jong may be a rookie actor, but when it comes to emotional (crying) scenes, he had always had them in the bag since Day 1. Tears stream naturally down from the middle of his eye(s) down to cheek. He cries beautifully is what makes it even more captivating.

2016 - Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim

45kDVrz.gif

source: madeoisellesia

The only crying scene Se Jong had, but his delivery of lines, the emotions and the one tear streaming down his cheek was powerful enough for in displaying how tough the decision was for In Beom to tell the father he was proud of & highly admired that he now wants to be independent, that he won't be able to stand beside him.

2017 - Saimdang

ewSGLwi.gif

source: Attractive

Ugh, I literally heard Lee Gyeom's heart crush into pieces with that tear as Saimdang tells him she has consummated her marriage last night.

2017 - Duel

on2ScVR.gif

source: new bell

Se Jong playing two clones, both Sung Joon and Sung Hoon - their last heart-breaking confrontation but emotional scene.

Spoiler

L75HUiC.gif

source: SODA

Snp6CHn.gif

source: TEN MILLION

This one is so gorgeous I feel compelled to stick it in! :P

• Like 6

Introducing Yang Se Jong's 5 Dramas and His Crying Scenes - Part 2

Yang Se Jong may be a rookie actor, but when it comes to emotional (crying) scenes, he had always had them in the bag since Day 1. Tears stream naturally down from the middle of his eye(s) down to cheek. He cries beautifully is what makes it even more captivating.

2017 - Temperature of Love

j13OZzV.gif

source: Unknown

Spoiler

HgdKc3Vh.jpg

Se Jong weren't really allowed to cry a lot in Temperature of Love, which I think is because of his character set-up. It would've been awesome to see this particular shot in actual action which was not in the actual drama, but in the end, the PD went with just Jung Sun's eyes well up with tears, and not actually cried in front of his dad.

2018 - Thirty but Seventeen

itBksEh.gif

source: 1024o_o

Spoiler

dC3id3G.gif

source: Moon9

mS6yzTl.gif

eGB4lVa.gif

source: ON CLOUD NINE

1yh9JBN.gif

source: dr.MOA

• Like 6

[News] 2018.09.18 Yang Se Jong's Wrap Up Thoughts on "30 but 17"

urEpyvU.jpg

--- Yang Se Jong's part only ---

Yang Se Jong portrayed the stage designer Gong Woo Jin who lived a life cut off from society. He stated, “I lived as Gong Woo Jin from late spring to the cool breeze of fall. Now that I suddenly have to say goodbye to him, it doesn’t feel real.”

He added, “I want to say thank you to all of the staff members and co-stars who participated in making a good drama, and to the viewers who gave us love throughout the drama. I think that everyone made ’30 but 17′ together. We were able to happily film until the end thanks to your support. I sincerely thank you.”

source: iMBC via soompi

• Like 2

[Video] 2018.09.19 Yang Se Jong's Wrap Up Message from "30 but 17" BTS

Rough translation: First of all, a sincere thank to the viewers who tune into "30 but 17". For the 4 months spent with the Hyung and Noona staffs, director, sunbae-nims and also my fellow co-stars, I am very very thankful and also happy. It was filming set filled with laughters. Again, sincerely thank you. Please stay healthy no matter what.

Original video source: SBS Catch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[News] 2018.09.19 Ahn Hyo Seop's Interview Regarding Yang Se Jong

dfYQwpEh.jpg

-- Extract on Yang Se Jong only --

In the interview with Ahn Hyo Seop, he shared that he is a shy person. In regards to Se Jong, he said: "Se Jong Hyung's personality & mine are similar. So it was difficult to become close at first. But because our drama characters love each other, so we naturally become comfortable. When I go to the set now, I'd start holding his hands first. That's how close and comfortable we got"

source: (1) (2)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[News] 2018.09.19 Yang Se Jong Gains Attention For His Passion For Role After Acting With Dog Despite Fur Allergy

b870ae78f2c44169a154f6c470d4202f.jpeg?s=

A behind-the-scenes story about Yang Se Jong’s professionalism while filming SBS’s “30 but 17” was revealed.

In the drama, Yang Se Jong appeared as the male lead named Gong Woo Jin who reunited with his first love from 13 years ago named Woo Seo Ri (played by Shin Hye Sun).

The drama surpassed 10 percent in viewership ratings and consistently achieved being the No. 1 drama in its timeslot. Out of the many reasons for the drama’s success, Yang Se Jong’s acting has been pointed out as one of the major reasons why viewers continued to tune in.

Yang Se Jong perfectly portrayed his character Gong Woo Jin who lived a life cut off from society due to trauma from an unfortunate accident 13 years ago. Many also praised his acting during Gong Woo Jin’s process of opening up his heart and learning the truth after meeting Woo Seo Ri. He also had good chemistry with his co-stars and was able to showcase his versatility including his emotional, funny, and cute charms.

One of the scene stealers in this drama was the dog Deok Gu. Even when Gong Woo Jin wanted to be left alone, he still took good care of Deok Gu. It was later revealed, however, that the actor’s teamwork with Deok Gu wasn’t as easy as it appeared on-screen due to his fur allergy. It’s said that Yang Se Jong had to take medicine in order to film the many scenes of him holding and petting Deok Gu.

A source from the drama said, “Yang Se Jong has a fur allergy. But Deok Gu has a very important role in ’30 but 17,’ so Yang Se Jong took medicine and continued filming.” This may also explain why Yang Se Jong wore long-sleeved shirts despite filming during the record-breaking hot summer.

source: (1) via soompi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1