Yang Se Jong ✿ 양세종 ✿ 梁世宗

mademoisellesia

On 8/8/2018 at 5:46 PM, Jusyed said:

@supergal99for some unexplainable reason I only watched Still 17 after 4th episode was finished and for me some reason I like to see his cute face while during Romanctic Dr Kim’s press conference lol.! Anyway I am following this drama though. Is there is a forum on this? 

Ops ops sorray for my reply...

Omy u sound funny - "unexplainable reason" hahaaa... anyway.. i have only seen the 1st 4 eps :grimace: 

yes there is a drama thread.. u can spot it easily at the drama threads forum:D

BZA4009.jpg

**Enjoy!**

:glasses:

[GoodPeople Naver Update 11] 2018.08.21 "30 but 17" Episode 15-16 BTS Stills

RU0G9M1h.jpg

Kyaaaaa, Good People has answered my prayers! :wub: And Sejong is gorgeous in blue shirt, anddd I'm distracted by that pretty hand/fingers.

Spoiler

BtX1FmZh.jpg

Such a nice shot ♥o♥

COLCG6U.jpg
3xyc2NJ.jpg
0ItYBaM.jpg
kJG4srY.jpgFwDe3th.jpg
yLCeIPb.jpg
nSnmsAF.jpg
SZyqJT6.jpg
7ggd6h6.jpg
jJGuRop.jpg
ZN41QqX.jpg

nBbYMxJ.gifjsPr1m5.jpg
ufUI1KT.jpg
qMttrl3.jpg
BC6S3Qg.jpg
DHijm37.jpg
ZZc4Rpk.jpg

[Instagram] 2018.08.21 Good People Shares Yang Se Jong's BTS Pics from "30 but 17"

• Like 1

[Endorsement] 2018.08.22 Yang Se Jong Invites You to Leaders Cosmetics Grand Launching of Facial Sheet Masks on IG

People including me were wondering if he'll be there at the opening, but that's tomorrow, lol... so no, he definitely won't be there since he has to film 30 but 17.

• Like 2

Yang Se Jong has got to be one of the most interesting actors I've came across so far. His first work that I watched (RTDK) wasn't a scene-stealer or anything... but his delivery of the character was almost at the same level with Han Sukyu. Especially in the quiet scenes. The other casts ofRTDK were great too but they tend to have exaggerated scenes that turned me off. But not Do In Bum. I especially like that scene when his father got angry at him and the one in the end when he wrapped his father's cut.

Saimdang was just to blergh for me to watch. I heard good things about Duel but I'mstill finding time to watch it. I didn't watch ToL either because his pairing with Seo Hyun Jin felt too soon.

30B17 should be his first rom-com (is it a rom-com?)? And I think it is very smart of him to pick a project that leans towards a "tragic" character instead of a "cheerful" one. To have him act foolishly when drunk is clever as there is a reason for being out of character. I hope he would pick more "heavy"/ complicated characters now and leave comedic roles out for at least for another 2 years.

• Like 4

@dzareth Hello wave-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949015

37 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I especially like that scene when his father got angry at him and the one in the end when he wrapped his father's cut.

Is this the one where his dad yells at him "Did you operate without approval? I'M ASKING YOU!" and he jumped? If it's that one, then that's one scene I thought he acted very naturally—as in he genuinely got a shock. As for tending to his dad's wound scene, needless to say, it left a lasting impression (for me) coz it's a moment where you'll think to yourself, "Do In Beom is all grown up".

44 minutes ago, dzareth said:

30B17 should be his first rom-com (is it a rom-com?)? And I think it is very smart of him to pick a project that leans towards a "tragic" character instead of a "cheerful" one. To have him act foolishly when drunk is clever as there is a reason for being out of character. I hope he would pick more "heavy"/ complicated characters now and leave comedic roles out for at least for another 2 years.

Yes. 3017 is his first rom-com. Don't think TOL is rom-com coz there weren't much comedic scenes at all.

Heavy/complicated characters — he's already played all that in Duel; do check it out! Those who loved his performance in Duel prefer him to take on more roles like Duel instead of TOL or 3017. But 3017 isn't too bad so far, not as challenging as Duel, but is a very different character from all his previous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Is this the one where his dad yells at him "Did you operate without approval? I'M ASKING YOU!" and he jumped? If it's that one, then that's one scene I thought he acted very naturally—as in he genuinely got a shock. As for tending to his dad's wound scene, needless to say, it left a lasting impression (for me) coz it's a moment where you'll think to yourself, "Do In Beom is all grown up".

Yes on both accounts.

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Heavy/complicated characters — he's already played all that in Duel; do check it out! Those who loved his performance in Duel prefer him to take on more roles like Duel instead of TOL or 3017. But 3017 isn't too bad so far, not as challenging as Duel, but is a very different character from all his previous.

I was thinking of something more along the lines of So Jisub - What Happened in Bali/ Sorry I Love You.

He might want to challenge himself in a comedic role, but I think of him more as a dramatic actor. And that is probably his forte. At least right now. Once he is more established he can go for other kinds of roles. If he and his management plan well, he may enjoy a strong and stable career like Jung Kyung Ho. If he does however, decide to pursue a comedic production, I hope Ra Mi Ran is in it hahahaaa....

He received public very early in career. Much earlier than Park Seojoon or Kim Woobin for instance. And he received attention not in teenage productions like School/ Reply series. But thank goodness he is more known for his work than his looks. In RTDK, he was a nobody that became somebody. In Saimdang, the story/ production wasn't that great that he managed to held his own against Lee Young Ae. Duel became his masterpiece (for now). I haven't watch ToL but i think Seo Hyun Jin is too big of a name for him to act against (since she has back to back popular dramas). 30B17 is a good choice as it allows him and the other casts shine equally.

Does anyone know how his career started? was there any information about how he ended in Saimdang and eventually RTDK?

• Like 2

@dzareth He pursued acting after watching a play named Snow Drops. He auditioned for both Saimdang and RDTK → Interview

Spoiler

Q: Are there any interesting stories as to how you got cast as a double role of young Lee Gyeom (Song Seung Hoon) in the Joseon era and Han Sang Hyeon, Seo Ji Yoon’s (Lee Young Ae) supporter in the present life?

Yang Sejong: When I was in university, I auditioned for my company “Good People” for 4 weeks and once I got through to all 4 rounds, I signed a contract with my company. Then I heard about the Saimdang audition so I prepared for the role Lee Gyeom and rehearsed. I was thankful for being chosen after the first try. After that, I was told to prepare for the Han Sang Hyeon role too. To be honest, I thought the character Han Sang Hyeon and I don’t match. Indeed, the director knew I couldn’t act well due to stress so he gave me 2 more days to prepare more thoroughly. Because I was given more time, I was able to show a better side. Haha. This was how I tried the 4th audition and was given the Han Sang Hyeon role.

original source: link

I've also heard about agencies doing package deal—as in a famous sunbae take along a hoobae to their drama, so I believe he's Lee Young Ae's package deal for Saimdang. In TOL, Seo Hyun Jin and the actress playing her sister are from the same agency; Sejong and Lee Cho Hee (Hwangbo Kyung) are from Good People. It's also worth noting that Group 8 is one of the production companies for Saimdang, and Good People Entertainment is owned by Group 8.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

ve also heard about agencies doing package deal—as in a famous sunbae take along a hoobae to their drama, so I believe he's Lee Young Ae's package deal for Saimdang. In TOL, Seo Hyun Jin and the actress playing her sister are from the same agency; Sejong and Lee Cho Hee (Hwangbo Kyung) are from Good People. It's also worth noting that Group 8 is one of the production companies for Saimdang, and Good People Entertainment is owned by Group 8.

That sounds sooooo complicate... :blink::blink:

Thanks for the article though. That's quite a humble start. Do we happen to know who is that "friend"?

• Like 2