[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

COMING SOON: Stranger (Secret Forest), starring Bae Doo Na and Cho Seung Woo

by CoCo Kdrama on Wed, May 31, 2017

45cf9abe-04dc-47f0-adad-0ccddf58c3b3.jpg

Can an emotionless prosecutor and a passionate officer catch a serial killer when the government corruption surrounding the case is even more treacherous? In our next summer of action series,  Stranger (Secret Forest),  Bae Doo Na and Cho Seung Woo team up to take on a murderer, and find themselves deeper in a web of deceit than they ever imagined.

Synopsis

Cho Seung Woo (God’s Gift - 14 Days) and Bae Doo Na (Tunnel, Sense8) star in an edge-of-your-seat thriller where no one can be trusted and every stranger brings new dangers. When an emotionless prosecutor comes across a serial murder spree, he must team with a passionate detective to catch the psychopath and end corruption in his own office.

Hwang Shi Mok (Cho Seung Woo) is a prosecutor. For eight long years, he has stood as the only honest prosecutor in the insanely corrupt legal system. In addition to his unflinching integrity, Hwang Shi Mok also has another unique quality. During childhood, the prosecutor had brain surgery, and it took away his ability to process emotions. He is cold, lonely and rational to a fault. The only people he truly interacts with are fellow colleague Seo Dong Jae (Lee Joon Hyuk from Bluebird’s House and City Hunter) and prosecutor trainee Yeong Eun Soo (Shin Hye Sun from She Was Pretty and Oh My Ghostess).

read more https://www.dramafever.com/news/coming-soon-stranger-secret-forest-starring-bae-doo-na-and-cho-seung-woo/

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you've been back reading the pages... you know  I've been babbling how I've been waiting for this. So yeah. Excited to see these leads. I've never seen both in any drama so this is the first time. I'll be honest,  I don't care much who the actors are as long as I like the drama and story and it's high quality script.

Both really terrific excellent actors  from what I've read. Also there' Shin Hye Sun.. now I'm familiar with her my fav "Yeon Tae" from Five Children! (I didn't watch her in  LOTBS, not my kind of drama). Happy to see her act again. She was this cute, shy character from FC, this time around a different one.

Thanks larus, meechuttso, and plappi for prescconf updates :)

June 3, 2017

Mystery Series Marks Double TV Comeback for Two Top Stars

Source: The Chosun Ilbo

Actor Cho Seung-woo and actress Bae Doo-na will make a joint return to TV screens when their new mystery series premieres on cable channel tvN on June 10. It is Cho's first series in three years and Bae's first in six years.

Cho said he was drawn to the role because it marked a departure from his previous work. "In the past, I've mostly played passionate types, so this character, who has lost touch with his emotions, was very new to me," he said.

2017060300373_0.jpg
Cho Seung-woo (left) and Bae Doo-na

Bae said she took the part because of the show's cast. "I've been working abroad, mostly, for the past few years, and missed my fans here. Then I was offered this role," she said. "It's given me a chance to perform alongside actors I've always wanted to work with. I also liked the fact that the character is a detective, which is a role I have seldom played. I thought it would be fun because it's something different."

The drama revolves around a coolheaded, unfeeling prosecutor and a warm-hearted detective who uncover the truth behind a series of murders. 

@plappi Sorry, posting the 7 other clips by tVN before that one.

I honestly had no idea that tVN will be marketing this drama so heavily. I'm happiest for the producers' giving my girl Shin HyeSun a chance to work with this stellar cast and learn from the best. :wink:

Premiere Watch: Forest of Secrets

by javabeans

forestofsecrets_12.jpg

We only have one premiere this coming week, and for once I’m grateful it’s not more! Dramaland has dumped a whole slew of shows on us recently, so it’s nice to have a little breathing room, and focus only on one newcomer at a time. Some of us are still trying to catch up on sleep from all those other premieres!

Forest of Secrets

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Legal-police thriller
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doo-na, for sure. He barely ever does dramas, but remember how awesome he was in God’s Gift–14 Days that we—and the show itself—nicknamed him Captain Awesome? Jo brings an intensity and gravitas to television that carries over from his film and theater experience (Inside Men, Tazza), and he can be very personable as well—even if his character here is more on the unfeeling end of the emotional spectrum. Bae Doo-na is similar in that she’s been more active in recent years in film (and crossover Hollywood) projects (Sense8, Tunnel, A Girl at My Door), but she’s always welcome back in dramaland.

read more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/premiere-watch-forest-of-secrets/

June 8, 2017

"Secret Forest" Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona

Source: Dailian via HanCinema.net

photo856697.png

Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona are starring in "Secret Forest" and their teamwork is highly anticipated.

The new tvN drama "Secret Forest" is a tracking drama about a prosecutor named Hwang Si-mok without feelings and a passionate policewoman named Han Yeo-jin. Together they work to dig out the corruption inside the prosecution. A special episode was let out on the 3rd and people can't stop talking about it since then.

It's been 3 and 7 years since Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona have been in dramas. Cho Seung-woo and Bae Doona are going to create a great team in tracking down information about the murderer who kills a prosecutor sponsor. The interesting thing is, the two characters are completely opposite from each other.

Cho Seung-woo's role of Si-mok has no feelings. His brain can't read emotion after a brain surgery he received when he was young. He sees the world rationally so it's hard to form a connection with other people but he is outstanding as a prosecutor and is called 'the Brain'.

Bae Doona is Han Yeo-jin, a policewoman. She is righteous and bright and persistent. Her merits stand out in scenes where she's after a criminal and she throws herself all out there to do what she has to do.

The only person Si-mok trusts is Yeo-jin. She lets him see the world from a different angle while Si-mok is like a tree. He has no emotion so he's not easily shaken.

Watch the 5-minute extended preview for Bae Doo Na and Cho Seung Woo's Stranger (Secret Forest)

by CoCo Kdrama on Thu, Jun 08, 2017

Bae Doo Na (Sense8) fans who are on the lookout for what to watch her in next will be excited to see her in upcoming action thriller Stranger (Secret Forest). The talented actress joins forces with Cho Seung Woo as a detective and prosecutor who must take on the challenge of wading through corruption to solve a string of murders. Watch the 5-minute preview here before it premieres exclusively on DramaFever on June 10!

Cho Seung Woo (God’s Gift - 14 Days) and Bae Doo Na (Tunnel, Sense8) star in an edge-of-your-seat thriller where no one can be trusted and every stranger brings new dangers. When an emotionless prosecutor comes across a serial murder spree, he must team with a passionate detective to catch the psychopath and end corruption in his own office.

Read more https://www.dramafever.com/news/watch-the-5-minute-extended-preview-for-bae-doo-na-and-cho-seung-woos-stranger-secret-forest/

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets 비밀의숲

I'm here if anyone's gonna live recap this if not.. I'll try but lemme see if I get LS.  I'm waiting for this drama.  OCN Duel will start  about 10:20kst (waiting for raw as well). I'm likely gonna check  this one with sub  instead of raw.  Excited to see CSW. I haven't seen him in anything and don't know much about the actor.

8 reasons why we are so excited to watch Bae Doona in Stranger (Secret Forest)

by Nancy Z on Fri, Jun 09, 2017

Bae Doo Na is an international superstar from South Korea, and she effortlessly takes on diverse roles between her home country and Hollywood. She will next play a detective in the Korean drama Stranger (Secret Forest). How well do you know about the famous actress?

1. Bae Doo Na grew up visiting different theaters with her mother, a stage actress, but she didn't think she herself had any acting talents. Can you believe that?

read more https://www.dramafever.com/news/the-one-and-only-bae-doona--surprising-things-to-know-about-the-star-of-stranger-/

New and Coming Soon to DramaFever

by CoCo Kdrama on Fri, Jun 09, 2017

2.  Stranger (Secret Forest) (June 10th)

Starring  Bae Doo Na and Cho Seung Woo

Cho Seung Woo and Bae Doo Na star in an edge-of-your-seat thriller where no one can be trusted and every stranger brings new dangers. When an emotionless prosecutor comes across a serial murder spree, he must team with a passionate detective to catch the psychopath and end corruption in his own office.Together, the cold but lonely prosecutor and talented but inexperienced officer work to catch the serial murderer. Is catching criminals even possible, though, when the most dangerous kind of corruption is right within the prosecutor’s office? As our prosecutor and officer race against time to catch the killer, they will learn that strangers are a lot less dangerous than the people we know.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/new-and-coming-soon-to-dramafever-june-12-to-june-18/

Hello everyone. First time visiting this thread. I did not plan to watch this drama before since currently watching 5 on-going dramas, but watching the trailers makes me excited to watch it. It seems only dramafever gets license, while viki still not obtained, and surprisingly VIU does not obtain it (so can't expect subs to be early),

Happy to see ratings for pilot episode is 3.041% (Seoul 3.627%), hopefully it will keep increasing.

Someone know about the screenwriter of SF Lee soo-Youn ???

as my knowledge, she's the screenwriter & director of 2 movies Uninvited & Bluebeard !

This is the first time she writes for drama.

but someone says that : she was screenwriter for the old drama The Great Seer ...or ..... she's a NEW screenwriter ????

Archived