[Drama 2017] Forest of Secrets / Stranger 비밀의숲 - Baeksang 2018 Daesang Award /Best Actor / Best Writer

larus

5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

--

@larus Thank you for starting this thread and all the great posts already! Forgive me as I will be posting many translations and articles from a Shin HyeSun fan perspective, mostly. Looking forward to happy times here after a rather disappointing LotBS appearance for SHS. :crazy:

Welcome to this thread! We all want to know more about this drama so all your translations are very much appreciated.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

photo812144.jpg

http://episodes.hancinema.net/new-tvn-drama-secret-forest-featuring-jo-seung-woo-and-bae-doona-102696.html

According to tvN, Jo Seung-woo and Bae Doona are starring in "Secret Forest".

"Secret Forest" is about a prosecutor who's lost his emotions delves into the secret of the District Attorney's Office to track down the real criminal.

Jo Seung-woo takes on the role of Hwang Si-mok, was born with a clever mind but lost his feelings after a brain surgery when he was young and sees the world only in rationality. He stood righteous for the past 8 years in internal corruption but the story starts one day when a dead body is discovered. Hwang Si-mok faces serial killings that fall deeper and deeper into a maze and risks his life to track down an unknown criminal.

Bae Doona takes on the role of Han Yeo-jin, a warm hearted cop. She passed an audition of 100 competitors and got into Police Academy. She went through police substation and traffic police to get to where she is today. She is acknowledged by veteran detectives and she works with Hwang Si-mok to solve the case.

Meanwhile, "Secret Forest" is a pre-production. The script reading will take place at the end of January.

Source : www.newspim.com/news/...

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Here's Hancinema Link to Secret Forest:

http://episodes.hancinema.net/korean_drama_Secret_Forest.php

@larus thank you!

[This article explains more why he can't feel any emotions. Correction made to my earlier post translation which assumed a different nuance to the wording.]

January 26, 2017

Shin Hye-sun signs on to ‘Secret Forest’ cast

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

25201701.jpg

Actress Shin Hye-sun is joining the star-studded cast of the upcoming tvN drama “Secret Forest.”

The news of the actress’ casting was confirmed on Wednesday by her agency YNK Entertainment. She will be starring alongside actors Jo Seung-woo and Doona Bae, who will be playing the lead roles.

The crime thriller will be about an unlikely partnership between the emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si-mok and the righteous cop Han Yeo-jin that works together in order to uncover secrets to catch a criminal mastermind.

Shin will be playing the role of Yeong Eun-su, a rookie prosecutor assigned under Hwang. Yeong will attempt to redeem the reputation of her father, who was dishonorably kicked out of the prosecutor’s office due to false charges.

The actress has starred in a string of hit productions since her debut in 2012. Just last year, she appeared in the KBS2 drama “Five Enough” and crime film “A Violent Prosecutor.” She currently stars in the SBS fantasy drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea.” 

By Chung Jin-hong 

I'll welcome myself here.

@larus Thank you for the starting the thread. Anything mystery thriller drama, like. It's my fav genre. I'm not familiar with any of the leads but heard of them. Anyway I choose my drama mainly for good story plot, a well written one, and acting skills and this looks to have all of those. I hope.

Though reading the character description of the leads, it's kinda similar to that of "Beautiful Mind" lead characters ( 2015 kbs drama) esp. the ones I highlight

Jo Seung-woo takes on the role of Hwang Si-mok, was born with a clever mind but lost his feelings after a brain surgery when he was young and sees the world only in rationality. He stood righteous for the past 8 years in internal corruption but the story starts one day when a dead body is discovered. Hwang Si-mok faces serial killings that fall deeper and deeper into a maze and risks his life to track down an unknown criminal.

Bae Doona takes on the role of Han Yeo-jin, a warm hearted cop. She passed an audition of 100 competitors and got into Police Academy. She went through police substation and traffic police to get to where she is today. She is acknowledged by veteran detectives and she works with Hwang Si-mok to solve the case.

But I'll be waiting for this drama in May.

17 hours ago, jongski said:

I'll welcome myself here.

Welcome to this thread! I was sure you will visit. :) I am watching for the story also and I am so happy that I will see both the leads on my screen. They are good actors and I am sure they have signed for a good drama. Maybe they don`t have the whole script but they have more information about this drama. Being mostly movie actors they are very selective with their projects.

I did not watch "Beautiful Mind" but I remember reading about the drama. Yeah, the hero has lost his feelings and the heroine is warm-hearted. Now it is a law field instead of medical. Except for the drastic situation (lost his feelings) it is a clasic duo, isn`t it?

On 1/25/2017 at 0:34 AM, sava2sava said:

Hey I'll be honest I watch Kdrama for the eye candy :wink:

Amen, it's that major factor for me too my friend...#justcallmeshallow whistling1-smiley-face.gif I was trying to fly under the radar, but I could could not pass this comment up! This drama sounds promising. I haven't watched any of the actors except Shin Hye Sun.

@larusThanks for starting this thread:wub:

@irilight @dhakra @jongski Hello!:D

2 minutes ago, evie7 said:

Amen, it's that major factor for me too my friend...#justcallmeshallow whistling1-smiley-face.gif I was trying to fly under the radar, but I could could not pass this comment up! This drama sounds promising. I haven't watched any of the actors except Shin Hye Sun.

@irilight @dhakra Hello!:D

@evie7 Not me I'll never be under the radar I see and handsome man I speak up, Hey we like what we like and it's extra likable when you have handsome men attach to it..  it's ok to tell a man he's handsome just as well as men do women let them know they hard work isn't going unnoticed.:wub:

22 minutes ago, evie7 said:

@irilight @dhakra @jongski Hello!:D

Hey chingu, nice to have you here. 

16 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@evie7 Not me I'll never be under the radar I see and handsome man I speak up, Hey we like what we like and it's extra likable when you have handsome men attach to it..  it's ok to tell a man he's handsome just as well as men do women let them know they hard work isn't going unnoticed.:wub:

As long as your hands aren't under his 'radar' everything is fine <_< *sigh* Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I have to agree with the second part. (uhhh~ feeling dirty again)

3 minutes ago, dhakra said:

As long as your hands aren't under his 'radar' everything is fine <_< *sigh* Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I have to agree with the second part. (uhhh~ feeling dirty again)

Yes I do keep my hands to myself, I'll tone it down some,  I'll chat with you tommorow  almosr rime to get ready for work..

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

It's the crowd your hanging w/but we have a lot of fun chingu! Your fitting right in.:D

1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

Yes I do keep my hands to myself, I'll tone it down some,  I'll chat with you tommorow  almosr rime to get ready for work.

LOL!! Just blame in on the kdrama chingu. Please keep doing what your doing. There's no need to tone it down. We are having too much fun. Your good at keeping it to a PG 13 level!

20 hours ago, sava2sava said:

Yes I do keep my hands to myself, I'll tone it down some,  I'll chat with you tommorow  almosr rime to get ready for work..

Wait...what? :blink: Who told you to tone it down? I think you misunderstood me, I wasn't trying to say something like this. I like your spazzing and your passion. It's fun to read and I have fun to be some kind of counterpart, that throws in some kind of ambiguity.

I was just trying to suggest something :wink:

18 hours ago, evie7 said:

It's the crowd your hanging w/but we have a lot of fun chingu! Your fitting right in.:D

:DThanks, you understood what I was trying to say. It's really been fun lately.

8 hours ago, dhakra said:

:DThanks, you understood what I was trying to say. It's really been fun latel.

It has been fun. I think they are still going crazy in the other thread.  This one will be more sedated but we will have fun trying to figure things out.  

I have this gut feeling I'm gonna like this drama and it's gonna be favorite. The story plot is the kind I dig. plus mystery plus mature  cast plus tvN. I'm trying to check old dramas/ movies of the leads because I don't know them.  I wanted to see Lee Sang Yeob (I like that good actor) to be part of this drama but, I check page 1 Lee Joon Hyuk is already cast. But it's okay.

Casting news... Actor Kim Soo chan (1973) was cast in drama Forest of Secrets in a detective role.
Park Jin-woo will play the role of Kim Soo-chan, a detective in the Yongsan area, who was assigned to take charge of the murder case that protagonists will investigate on their own, I assume. 

2017020308125096599_1.jpg

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2017020308125096599

Archived