[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

Perhaps the ring has something to do with it ?

After Sunny wore the ring, customers flocked in.

BTW, Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook are fond of adlibs, i think this is one among those

gif

Stingy Dokkeabi!!! I swear he is so damn rich yet he doesn't want to pay for some facial cotton ckckck :crazy: poor Euntak-iahh

• Like 8

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Goblin" Episode 6

photo797199.jpg

So in what context would a person ever say "Welcome to Quebec"? That's the kind of thing a person might say at the airport, greeting someone who just got into the country. But at a restaurant? And why English rather than French? Although really, I should probably just be grateful that the production team managed to find a foreign actor who could say a simple line without screwing it up somehow.

That brief scene was admittedly fairly irrelevant. And so it is with a lot of "Goblin". The only direction this drama has to go is with Eun-tak eventually killing the Goblin because of all the weird lore surrounding his character. What happens between now and then is just filler. Even the Grim Reaper's own romantic subplot is just strange for the sake of strange. The unusual degree of patience Sunny shows with him can only be explained by her not having many opportunities to meet men, what with being stuck inside her empty restaurant all day.

Considering how the drama frequently sets itself up as a situation comedy, that's what makes those occasional dips into serious scenes ever so awkward. Even when it gets so far as a character crying there is inevitably that postscript moment where someone does something weird and silly to try and undercut the gravity of the previous scene. That's what passes for profundity in the relationship between the Goblin and Eun-tak.

Overall the romance fares much better than it probably should because "Goblin" really does look consistently magical and dreamlike. This is also how I rationalize the generally baffling continuity and worldbuilding. Look at all the details behind something as simple as the lottery request. Why does a ghost need winning lottery numbers? Why does the Goblin have the power to grant such a wish? How does the ghost know the Goblin has this power? And most importantly why did Eun-tak only try one convenience store instead of shopping around?

These plot points move along so quickly and seamlessly it's easy to forget about them even immediately after they've happened. "Goblin" always moves along in this odd haze, such that even when a plan is specifically formulated and predictably broken, there's no real surprise. Indeed, the cliffhanger is shocking principally because it's a very sudden burst of decisive action. Which again, probably won't work. It's just so rare for any character in this drama to do anything substantial.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-goblin-episode-6-101605.html

• Like 11

Hahahahha.... I'm watching the episode 6 right now up to the scene where GR, DH and Sunny meeting group. Why can't GR just chose a random name like LEE DONG WOOK?

So that Sunny's friend will find him @ google .

I want to know Suzy's reaction about this LOL                                          

• Like 14

Back from holidays to see the same issue pop up on every page?? SIGH.

Caught Ep 5 and 6 while on holidays and in each episode I would end up laughing and crying. 

I think the writer is building a world around the characters and it's still too early to predict how it will go. 

I am looking forward to a jealous Dokkaebi and the ever awkward Grim aka Kim Woo Bin...lols...

Side note: Live filming is happening and we are only at Ep 6. I hope the filming runs smoothly and fans understand that they need to film without interruptions. 

• Like 22

New theory : maybe ET can't pull the sword because it's not her that stab Shin but Shin's Goryeo servant who do that so maybe is the one DH who can pull the sword in the end he also suspicious character like has something beneath that 3rd generation chaebol facade :neutral:

The Lonely Shining Goblin: Episode 6

goblin06-01138a.jpg

I miss the comic hijinks we had yesterday, but the melancholy tone is lovely too, and it’s a big episode for our gloomy goblin, who has to make some pretty big decisions about life, death, and the consequences for those around him. He seemed pretty dead set (hur) on the dying, but the problem seems to be that the closer he gets to death, the more he begins to want to live. Isn’t that always the way?

EPISODE 6 RECAP

goblin06-00032.jpg

As Shin and Eun-tak return to their favorite restaurant in Quebec, Shin is suddenly struck with a vision of Eun-tak’s future at 29: She proudly tells Sunny over the phone that she’s traveling well and hardly getting lost, and waits for someone to join her, and Shin realizes that he isn’t there with Eun-tak in her future.

Read more here >>>> http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/the-lonely-shining-goblin-episode-6/

• Like 13

Scene 1

ET : What am I doing alone on my birthday day? Lets just make a wish! Please let me earn a lot of money, let me have a boyfriend, that... What am I doing? God is not exist

*blow off the candle*

KS : Was it you? 

ET : OMG!

KS : Was it you? Did you summon me here?

ET : Me? I didn't summon you. I just can see you, ahjussi.

KS : See me? What do you mean by that?

ET : I can see ghosts. Ahjussi is a ghost

KS : I'm not a ghost

ET : Then what... a goblin?

KS : I'm not that too

*cue to cake suddenly disappear lol*

ET : Whoa, amazing! It's like a fishbone. Just looking at it make me full

Scene 2

KS : He is the rice, the soup, the side dishes, the meat, and the fat. And he was once... a human

Eunuch(?) :  The king of the people, the God of the king. That God is called God of Eating....

King : He eat it all... reverse.... behead that God of Eating

KS : Just like that, he who cannot die forever became Eatggebi (먹깨비)

And then the world is drifting to the unlucky Grim Reaper

KS : Grim Reaper

GR : It's been a long time, eatggebi

KS : I have been accustomed for years. What a very vulgar hat you worn

GR : You're still wearing that extremely dirty high neck shirt?

KS : This is 쫀드기 (this is an old school korean snack back in the day).1 : 0

GR : You still wearing that extremely dirty handkerchief?

KS : This is beef jerky. 2 : 0

Two mortal men and an old human bride

KS : That look delicious

GR : Do you know why we need a knife for the cake?

KS : To cut the cake

GR : To keep the cake from any harm

KS : Then do you know why there's bone in pork feet?

GR ; Why?

KS : To take away the cake!!!

*bickering mode on lol*

ET: Because of that eatggebi, I'm starving to die. He won't take it if I eat in here right? Whoa, the light is off. Perhaps...turn it off means...

*cue to the catwalk scene lol*

ET : Two shots is too much. Are they out of breath after walking? Hot bar? What kind of stupid relationship is that? He is filling with energy, do not come here you pig!!! Don't come! Don't come! Don't come! I'm hungry!

Food cost only 20 billion. Maximum expected work this winter

KS : You really can see it?

ET : If I see it, will you leave? Please leave, I want to eat rice

KS : You can't see it

ET : I can really see it! This spoon!

LOL!!! Could we expect another skit of Goblin from SNL in  the future? LOL. SNL Korea skits are the best hahaha

• Like 22

I don't know if it was already asked or answered, but did somebody know what's the song played in eps 5 when the mother of the dead student enter her room to take care of her belongings ?

I love the song but Shazam didn't help me much so If somebody knows :wub:

Thank you ^^

• Like 8