[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Hi all I know I'm super duper late to the party but I still have to come in because right now I'm crazy about this drama!

I used to avoid watching Goblin because of the age gap but then it received a lot of good reviews so I thought I should try it out still and boy it does not disappoint! I love the plot, the characters, the scenery, the dynamics between anyone and everyone is so great, especially the sweet romantic lines!! There are so many of them and they melt my heart like nothing else! I wish I could just collect all those romantic lines and read them again occasionally because they are that great!

I immediately fell for the main couple at the first scene they interacted. The fact that she insisted on taking those buckwheat flowers and that they mean 'lovers' scream fate to me so much more than anything they have said before that point. I know it's cliche and I was already expecting it, but the way he said it was so soft and the scenery was so beautiful and I fell in love right away :blush: I love that even though they didn't have tons of skinship, you can still feel great chemistry between them and it feels like they are a couple that have been with one another for a long long time. 

The dynamics between Goblin-Grim Reaper-Duk Hwa is also great! Their personalities are all over the place and that makes it so funny when you put them together. They make it extra enjoyable to watch the drama and I found myself looking forward to their interactions as well as the main couple :heart:

And then there's Wang Yeo-Sunny couple as well! I have to say, when the main couple settled and be happy (for like a couple episodes), all my attention was drawn toward these two. Their romance was something I've been looking for in korean dramas: a love transcends time, a couple that keeps falling for each other even when they are reborn and forget about one another. I'm glad that they were able to have an actual 100% happy ending in the end.

Which brings me to that ending for our Kim Shin-Eun Tak couple! It was a happy ending alright, but it was so sad that he had to wait for who knows how long alone :tears: His friends, sister, lover are all gone, and he was even lonelier than when the drama began, because now he knew how it feels like to have many friends and loved ones around him. Moreover, will he keep living even after Eun Tak's 4th life is over and she will never come back? I have gone around and read people's analysis (not on this site though) and I can only think that after she's gone for good, he'll be able to find peace as well, may be asking the God for it??

Anyway I have been digging up everywhere I can to find material for this drama (Youtube, Tumblr... you know the drill) and I ran out of things to look at but I can't stop thinking about this drama lmaoo It'll be a long time before I can get over this one and watch kdrama again :bawling: 

• Like 3

@Cecentre

21 hours ago, Cecentre said:

Hi all I know I'm super duper late to the party but I still have to come in because right now I'm crazy about this drama!

Ah, welcome,  welcome,  I'm so glad to find new post here.

I thought I'm the only one to ramble here all by myself in this already dead thread :P

I used to avoid watching Goblin because of the age gap but then it received a lot of good reviews so I thought I should try it out still and boy it does not disappoint!

To tell you the truth,  age-gap was the first thing that made me curious about that drama (yeah,  I'm that weird ^_^ )

As I was curious to check out this drama to see how the main leads' romance would proceed. And it's surprisingly good and it has hooked me ever since. 

Funny thing was the very thing that critics ranted about on this drama - the age gap was deliberately intended on the production team's part... The choice of warobe for 19 years old Euntak,  constantly mentioning of her age (compare to Shin), even he denied how big a gap in age he and his bride were.  And lastly,  the community's approval of their relationship (the gangster on bicycle,  the aunty in the food tent in episode 10). Also, she had to be 19 because it's when her life was on the line as a missing soul. 

And basically,  they're both newbies in love department,  also the fact that Eun Tak always took lead in their relationship,  made our ShinTak even more endearing. It helped that her groom was acting like teenage from time to time due to his lack of teenagehood experience.

I love the plot, the characters, the scenery, the dynamics between anyone and everyone is so great, especially the sweet romantic lines!! There are so many of them and they melt my heart like nothing else! I wish I could just collect all those romantic lines and read them again occasionally because they are that great!

Romantic lines plus Gong Yoo's (Kim Shin)  honey voice = the best combo ever (I even cut his monologues and listen to them everyday - without knowing the language.  That's how good his voice sounds to me,  so soothing) 

I immediately fell for the main couple at the first scene they interacted. The fact that she insisted on taking those buckwheat flowers and that they mean 'lovers' scream fate to me so much more than anything they have said before that point. I know it's cliche and I was already expecting it, but the way he said it was so soft and the scenery was so beautiful and I fell in love right away. I love that even though they didn't have tons of skinship, you can still feel great chemistry between them and it feels like they are a couple that have been with one another for a long long time. 

Me too :wub: Oh I can't tell you how much I adore that scene.  Such magical vibe that was! 

As one of the poster and ShinTak shipper in this thread ( @maryofbethany) once said....  "Our Goblin wooed with his intense gazes". I fell in love with series of his gazed to his bride,  I did honestly.... (Although I wish there were more skinships.... But I also satisfied with what I was given :kiss_wink: )

Their love story is unique in its own way to me.  What can I say,  it's just strangely beautiful. 

The dynamics between Goblin-Grim Reaper-Duk Hwa is also great! Their personalities are all over the place and that makes it so funny when you put them together. They make it extra enjoyable to watch the drama and I found myself looking forward to their interactions as well as the main couple

Oh,  these 3 dorks were the comedy relief of the drama.  Put them in a room and I can guarantee a good laugh from you all.  I love how contradictory Goblin and Reaper were.  One got power to see the past and the other one to see the future.  And Duk Hwa handled them quite well I must say (though his charisma was a rich chaebol with infinite love for credit card)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

And basically,  they're both newbies in love department,  also the fact that Eun Tak always took lead in their relationship,  made our ShinTak even more endearing. 

This is the reason why I was able to get past the age gap and enjoy the couple so much. A lot of people, myself included, have difficulties accepting age gap especially between young women and older men because we know it doesn't work out well in real life and young women were taken advantage of etc., but in this case, Shin was incredibly respectful to Eun Tak. There's very little skinship initiated by him before she became an adult, except head pats and some hugs here and there, and when he confessed he was sincere and sweet without forcing anything on her (k drama, start this new trend: respectful and heartfelt confessions over surprise kisses). 

Romantic lines plus Gong Yoo's (Kim Shin)  honey voice = the best combo ever (I even cut his monologues and listen to them everyday - without knowing the language.  That's how good his voice sounds to me,  so soothing) 

I didn't notice the narrator was him until much later, for some reason I thought it must be a professional voiceover like those nature documentaries because his voice is so warm and idk-- standard??? It's just great to listen to and only after rewatching that poem scene for like the hundred times did I notice it :sweatingbullets:

"Our Goblin wooed with his intense gazes". I fell in love with series of his gazed to his bride,  I did honestly.... (Although I wish there were more skinships.... But I also satisfied with what I was given :kiss_wink: )

Their love story is unique in its own way to me.  What can I say,  it's just strangely beautiful. 

His gaze is just so deep and soft at the same time. It never fails to amaze me how multifaceted he was in this drama: in one second he was a cool guy, the next he was a childish roommate and the other he was a guy whose gaze all women fall for. 

I love whenever they were together because the way they interact is so simple but sweet. For me, some couples in Kdrama lose the chemistry that they had before the dating phase happens, but the chemistry between these two just get stronger and stronger :heart:

Oh,  these 3 dorks were the comedy relief of the drama.  Put them in a room and I can guarantee a good laugh from you all.  I love how contradictory Goblin and Reaper were.  One got power to see the past and the other one to see the future.  And Duk Hwa just so calmly lived with these two worldly beings without freaking out, in fact,  he handled them quite well I must say. 

Not only does their power is different, their personalities both contrast and similar in different ways. Grim Reaper was almost like the responsible friend whereas Goblin was the wild one (I can't forget Grim Reaper going 'he never folds a single towel in his time here' and him always doing the housework lol), but they are similar in a way that both are so childish and they bicker all the time. It was such a great friendship that was built on-screen!!!

As far as I can remember, very few drama affected me the way Goblin did, and I also haven't felt this hung over a drama for a long time. It's just so hard to get over this beautiful masterpiece!!

• Like 3

@Cecentre Soompi ate my words :crazy: I want to submit more but maybe my internet was down so I lost my reply to you about WangSun and ShinTak

And then there's Wang Yeo-Sunny couple as well! I have to say, when the main couple settled and be happy (for like a couple episodes), all my attention was drawn toward these two. Their romance was something I've been looking for in korean dramas: a love transcends time, a couple that keeps falling for each other even when they are reborn and forget about one another. I'm glad that they were able to have an actual 100% happy ending in the end

They are the visual stunning couple of the show..... I also like this couple as well. I think Dong Wook & Inna did a really good job potraiting their character and despair of a little screen time they had together, they were able to show the viewer a love transcending time, no matter how many lifetime there were, they just got drawn to each other.

Their story were very diffirent from that of Goblin couple. Theirs were kinda love from first sight. From the moment Wang Yeo laid eyes on Kim Sun when he was spying on her training to prepair to become Queen, to become his wife; I thought they already fell for each other. And that attraction followed them to this present time, and so on to the next life as well.

I'm glad that at Sunny's 4th life, they would just speed things up and get together like immediately without waiting or missing each other like they did in the life of Sunny. I'm happy for them honestly!

Which brings me to that ending for our Kim Shin-Eun Tak couple! It was a happy ending alright, but it was so sad that he had to wait for who knows how long alone. His friends, sister, lover are all gone, and he was even lonelier than when the drama began, because now he knew how it feels like to have many friends and loved ones around him. Moreover, will he keep living even after Eun Tak's 4th life is over and she will never come back? I have gone around and read people's analysis (not on this site though) and I can only think that after she's gone for good, he'll be able to find peace as well, may be asking the God for it??

Our ShinTak.... The ending at first felt like and open ending with so little flavor of sweet in it for me! 

I remembered bawling my eyes out while watching Shin step foot into that tearoom to find his beloved wife's soul sitting there. He was numb. The tragedy happened when he least expected. While minutes ago, he was so happy buying flower bouquet & groceries. On top of everything, she died the day after their wedding. The happiness they had was so fragile, despite of how much they fought to be together.

It broke my heart with the mere thought of after Eun Tak's 4 life cycle is over, she won't be coming back to earth, leaving Shin all alone for an eternity to go by; without anyone beside him, only memories to accompany him till the very bitter end (which who knows when because his life just keeps being without an end) - I was scared of that thought.

In the beginning of the drama, he avoided to interact with other, in the fear of after getting himself attached to them, then the amount of heart-break he has  to endure when they leave would be unbearable. Then he opened up, found friendship, love,  tolerance, peace of mind.... And once he got a taste of them all, he again lost them all. I was really angry at how injustice the ending did to my Shin.

But....

After letting the ending sinking for a few week, did I come to accept it.

I chose to believe that his soul is now tied to hers.

I chose to believe that his waiting time is bearable.

I chose to believe that in her remaining lifetimes, they would be more happy and would stay with each other longer than in their first time

Sure, there are still the whole adversity of "she ages while he doesn't" but I'm sure they will work it out together. After all, it's their souls that they'd fallen in love with; not their face !

I chose to believe that after her 4th lifetime is over, he can take her hand and walk out of that tearoom together like WangSun did.

In the end of it all, this show is about human's choices and belief. So as long as you has faith,  God wouldn't say no to your sincere prayer! 

• Like 3

Anyway I have been digging up everywhere I can to find material for this drama (Youtube, Tumblr... you know the drill) and I ran out of things to look at but I can't stop thinking about this drama lmaoo It'll be a long time before I can get over this one and watch kdrama again :bawling: 

1 hour ago, Cecentre said:

As far as I can remember, very few drama affected me the way Goblin did, and I also haven't felt this hung over a drama for a long time. It's just so hard to get over this beautiful masterpiece!!

The same goes with me :crazy: I watch this drama like 1 year ago (when the high for this drama has offically dead), and still have withdrawal symptom eversince. I somehow just can't let go of this masterpiece :astonished:

Strangely that most of ShinTak FMVs that I found on Youtube were sad :tears: It doesn't help to take my mind off the ending which I was first dissatisfied of :persevere:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michiyo90 said:

Their story were very diffirent from that of Goblin couple. Theirs were kinda love from first sight. From the moment Wang Yeo laid eyes on Kim Sun when he was spying on her training to prepair to become Queen, to become his wife; I thought they already fell for each other. And that attraction followed them to this present time, and so on to the next life as well.

I'm glad that at Sunny's 4th life, they would just speed things up and get together like immediately without waiting or missing each other like they did in the life of Sunny. I'm happy for them honestly!

I agree! Their story in whichever lifetime was either a love at first sight or very quick progression to love. From Wang Yeo and Kim Sun who fell for each other right when he spied on her to Grim Reaper and Sunny who was immediately on each other's mind after they met once to Lee Hyuk and ... (what was her name in that last reincarnation) who dated after a couple days, their love is a fated one indeed! Moreover, they were able to quickly date and become happy in the last reincarnation because there is no longer the political barrier in the first life or the life-and-death barrier in the second life. I felt so bad for Grim Reaper because even though it was impossible he couldn't help but hold on to it and keep on meeting her and finding her, so this ending was perfect for them in my opinion.

I remembered bawling my eyes out while watching Shin step foot into that tearoom to find his beloved wife's soul sitting there. He was numb. The tragedy happened when he least expected. While minutes ago, he was so happy buying flower bouquet & groceries. On top of everything, she died the day after their wedding. The happiness they had was so fragile, despite of how much they fought to be together.

I remember when that accident happened, I just couldn't believe it. I was on the roll and I assumed, 'the rest of the episode will just be them being happy and having kids', you know like all that kind of fun stuffs k drama usually does at the end, and so it shocked me to the core and I kept denying it until that moment when Shin stormed into the tearoom. Then everything crashes down and I started bawling with the both of them ;-; I was so mad as well because they had been through so much to get together, and all they have was one day of marriage life. Seeing Shin breaking down and holding onto ET for dear life was even worse, because the only time we saw him like this was when President Yoo died, and this is much much more intense when we've invested so much into our dear couple.

I still remember that line he said as they were on the phone: "What are you doing at this time outside? The world is dangerous" the way that they have always talked on the phone, and somehow that hurts because the tragedy befalls them in the middle of their sweet normal daily life.

I was really angry at how injustice the ending did to my Shin.

But....

After letting the ending sinking for a few week, did I come to accept it.

I chose to believe that his soul is now tied to hers.

I chose to believe that his waiting time is bearable.

I chose to believe that in her remaining lifetimes, they would be more happy and would stay with each other longer than in their first time

Sure, there are still the whole adversity of "she ages while he doesn't" but I'm sure they will work it out together. After all, it's their souls that they'd fallen in love with; not their face !

I chose to believe that after her 4th lifetime is over, he can take her hand and walk out of that tearoom together like WangSun did.

But like you said, since it's quite an open ending, it's easier on the heart to think that it's bearable for him to wait for her time after time after time, and they get to spend all three lives in happiness, and once it is all over, Shin gets to go with ET and not have live life for eternity.

In the end of it all, this show is about human's choices and belief. So as long as you has faith,  God wouldn't say no to your sincere prayer! 

There's a post on tumblr that commented something like (and not the actual quote): God is harsh on his punishments, but he's surprisingly lenient at times. It seems to me that he's pretty lenient when it comes to granting requests, such as Sunny's request to keep her memory, Shin's request to stay as rain and snow etc., so for me I like to think that God will again listen and allow Shin to come with ET once her 4th life is over as long as they ask for it. The only way for me to move on from this drama is to think that there's a happy ending far far down the line way after the credit rolls because that ending shown to us was not enough at all :( Also I think this is the first time I wish for a main character's death :unsure:

(Can't quote the post on the other page because Soompi won't let me without deleting everything I wrote already) I saw those FMVs too, and I still shed a tear when the sad parts come! It's just so hard to see it again without crying!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cecentre said:

Seeing Shin breaking down and holding onto ET for dear life was even worse, because the only time we saw him like this was when President Yoo died, and this is much much more intense when we've invested so much into our dear couple.

Somehow this is much much much more hurtful for him (and for me) because when Chairman Yoo past away, EunTak was there to embrace him, lend him a shoulder to cry on, wipe away his tears. She's the one and only that he was comfortable enough to show his vulnerable side to.

Now with her gone, he retreated back to his lonely shell; there's no-one in this whole world that could consoled him the way she did. Sure there were Reaper & Duk-Hwa; but they could never fill the hole left inside his heart created by her demise.

And it was so cruel for him that the whole sound of the crash was transferred completely to him on the other side of the phone.... It's so devastating that no matter how powerful he is, he was so powerless at that moment, the one moment when he had to hear her dying last breath as his beloved Ji Eun Tak over the phone, and he could do nothing but watching her walk through that door; watching his happiness slowly leave him. I couldn't imagine how hard it must have been for him to even enter that tea room. While with chairman Yoo, he declined to go to his funeral because he couldn't bear the separation while facing with the demise. Then the demise one was his wife (for-a-day). How could he gather courage to face that cruel fact!?

Then he broke down on the floor, crying out his most agonising lost in all of his 900+ years; that was the moment when he fell from heaven to hell; just in one single split moment.

Right, she did mourn for him when he turned to ashes, it's only fair that he also mourned for her when she died. But I considered him to be luckier than her. When he died; until the very last moment, the sight before his eyes was all her. Then when she died as Ji Eun Tak, she was all alone; with just image of him on her mind.

Oh my beautiful yet pitiful couple :bawling:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

Right, she did mourn for him when he turned to ashes, it's only fair that he also mourned for her when she died. But I considered him to be luckier than her. When he died; until the very last moment, the sight before his eyes was all her. Then when she died as Ji Eun Tak, she was all alone; with just image of him on her mind.

Even though both of them took turns to mourn for one another, I think that Goblin had it worse (my bias maybe?) because he already went through nine years missing her and trapped in a limbo state, then came back to earth where no one remembers him except Grim Reaper, and just when he thought he finally be happy, his beloved passed away. 

I agree with the second part though. How scary it must have been for her to be in pain all alone in that car as she passed away, without anyone to comfort her. At the very least when he turned into ash he had her by his side.

18 hours ago, michiyo90 said:

I couldn't imagine how hard it must have been for him to even enter that tea room. While with chairman Yoo, he declined to go to his funeral because he couldn't bear the separation while facing with the demise. Then the demise one was his wife (for-a-day). How could he gather courage to face that cruel fact!?

When I watched that scene, I was both heartbroken and consoled at the same time. One the one hand, it's terrible that she passed away, but I consider him lucky that he was able to see her before she left. How many people get to see their loved one after they die to say goodbye? Like Duk Hwa who didn't get to see his granpa before he passed away and grieved so much because there are things he hasn't done, KS had the chance to meet ET shortly to say the last farewell, and they got to console one another, and I thought that was at least soothing to me. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, pilovalov said:

I’ve been hearing good things about this drama but hearing that it is well wrapped up and thought out really motivates me. I get tired of the fantastic dramas that fall apart at the end or try to do too much.

@pilovalov Oh, welcome.... I'm very glad that someone is interested in starting this drama anew even though it ended almost 2 years now. I can't say whether or not you will like it but it's perfect in my book (exculed some inperfect factors :lol: ) 

Please watch the drama till the end and let me know your thought on this :rolleyes: I'm very happy to see someone still take interested in this drama and this thread :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 6:52 PM, Sejabin said:

I am rewatching Goblin Kdrama and now still at ep 1, in 'it's beautiful life' scene.. their first sight :love: .... xixixixixi perfect scene.. no matter what, even if it hurts, when meeting you, it's a beautiful life.. :love:

ok fixed. my most favorite scene at ep 1 is when Eun Tak said "saranghae yo.." wkwkwkwkwk :joy:

ohh ahjussiiiiiiiiiiii saranghae yoooooo :bawling:

@Sejabin your word reminded me of a song named "Killing me to love you"....

For him, loving her meant dying for her too...

But to be able to love and be loved, that in itself is a blessing! For such a poor creature as himself, it's really a HUGE blessing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sejabin said:

agree :love: to be able to love and to be loved is a blessing. I am still at ep 3. after work I will continue to watch tonight xixixixi :heart:

@Sejabin If you are at ep3, can you share with me your favorite scene this time round!?

Mine is when they were lying on the tables missing each other, their images merged together

MDqkCT.png

There was a really beautiful insight post in this thread in airing time about the meaning of the tables they were lying on too

tumblr_peu4jdm9Fp1x0l2s4o1_1280.jpg

On 12/16/2016 at 2:31 AM, packmule3 said:

Finally, and most importantly, the dynamics of the relationship between ET and Shin should be viewed in terms of complementarity. Or yin-yang. Or black and white. Or opposite attracts. Or two halves in search of wholeness. The point of the story is that ET and Shin balance each other.

I’ll cite two instances from the script – enhanced by the cinematography – of this complementarity.  

One scene is in Episode 3.  Both ET and Shin are sitting at their tables, their heads resting on one hand, one arm outstretched. Do you see the contrasting elements? His table is long, wooden, scratched, and empty. His table tells pretty much what he can expect of the infinite centuries ahead of him: unending, dull, scarred, and barren.

In contrast, her table is small, with a laminate/plasticky table top, and laden with school books and paraphernalia. Her table symbolizes her human future: brief, superficial, cluttered. It’s a life bogged down with mundane problems. 

The other interesting feature of this scene is that both their arms are outstretched as if they are reaching for the other person across time and space. They’re two entirely different people. But, unconsciously, their actions mirror each other. See that? Yin-yang. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Oh hello there,  @michiyo90. I forgot that I posted about that scene. Thanks for resurrecting it from the dead.

Hmmm...I wonder if I have time to re-watch this kdrama?? There are so many good dramas this September but that autumn scene in Montreal (in Episode 2) and that love poem, Physics of Love, are just right for the fall season.  

Cheers!

pm3

• Like 2

Good morning @packmule3,  from my side of the globe

I think you are a master in drama reviewing and analyzing, your posts are so informative and I learnt a great deal from them. At first, I thought of re-writing those ideas from the scene I posted about in episode 3; but then I couldn't write as beautiful words as yours so I had to back-read many pages to get your exact post.  

With many good dramas currently on air, it's hard to re-watch 1 single drama, but the atmosphere in Quebec in this drama alone is really right for the fall season

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 8/22/2018 at 8:10 AM, Cecentre said:

This is the reason why I was able to get past the age gap and enjoy the couple so much. A lot of people, myself included, have difficulties accepting age gap especially between young women and older men because we know it doesn't work out well in real life and young women were taken advantage of etc

@Cecentre Oh well, the age-gap problem...

You know, our prejudice were shaped by our society and education. I feel like as we grow older, we become harder to accept things that fall out of society common standards.

When I was a child, my innocent self would believe that as long as two people're in love, then age doesn't matter, ages are just numbers.

Then I grew up and joined society, learnt more about the common standards. These common standards suggest that people from diffirent generations and ages, diffirent status in life and profession are hard to understand each other; therefore romantic relationship between younger female and older male (& vice versa) are hard to establish. If a young female pairs up with an old male, then there must be something other than love between them - that's how society formed that kind of prejudice in me (against my innocent child belief). Like how we used to believe in fairytales as children and stopped believing in them when growing up. And we presume that older man with more experiences in life might be dominant in that relationship with the young woman with less years lived in life, hence the sense of the woman being taken advantage of.....

In K-drama history, they usually pair up actor and actress from the same age range (in term of appearance) to avoid the age-gap rant from viewers. Even with dramas that touched in such subject, they would have created a loveline between a cheerful older female lead and a hurtful, jarred younger male lead to decrease “ick” factor that might arise (I've seen a handful of dramas with over 30s female teacher in relationship with 17s male student - while the teacher looks young and the student looks old; so they'd be accordant)

In Goblin's case, I used to wonder why the production team didn't go this route to avoid the rant.

Eun Tak is a 19 year old highschool senior who looks her age and Shin is 939 year old Goblin who is frozen in a mid 30s look. This was predictable beforehand that it would receive disapproval from mass viewers and critics just by reading the synopsis. 

It proved throughout the drama that Eun Tak became more and more feminine and mature-looking as the story progressed while Shin was getting younger and younger by the episode. By the time they got to when she's 29, no one could ever rant about the age difference between them anymore; though the gap was still there. They were just closer in appearance.

In reality, who would believe that a well-known general as Kim Shin at such a time, never even interacted with any other woman than his sister and never got married....? In time like that, if you think in a realistic way; it's almost impossible.

But in the meta world of Goblin - the drama; it happened. Kim Shin might be a being who have lived for over 900 years, he might be experient in many things, but when it comes to love department, he - as well as Euntak - is a newcomer. 

I dare to say that Shin is Eun Tak's firstlove as well as Eun Tak is his.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sejabin said:

@michiyo90 I will share each ep that I have rewatching with you then.. :blush: oh yeah.. @packmule3 ahjussi is one of my favorite writer here in soompi.. tough sometimes his thoughts seems a bit complicated for my simple thought xuxuxuxu :relaxed:

my favorite scenes from ep 3 of Goblin kdrama:

when he couldn't resist to see her once again before leaves. xixixi all guys become too complicated when love hits them. I mean if wanting to leave then leave. what for is thing like I want to see you once again or can I touch your hair once again? aishhhh.. I mean if you are happy with that person why must you leave? aishhh uri goblin ahjussi.  chinca :weary:

another favorite scene from me..

pict credit: drama fever

nah I love this scene. a pure thought from Eun Tak.. it is like "I can see the real you. I can see your pain, I can see the worst thing in you.. so.. will you take me?.. to be with you? because I don't want to be alone in this harsh world. I want to be with you.. please.. stay with me.." 

:heart:

and I love the background ost too! 'stay with me' 

about yin and yang thought from packmule.. yes it's too philosophy.. I do agree tough I am avoiding to be too serious in discussing drama. I won't analyzed scenes and their meanings that far. I will just enjoying every scene ^_*

nb: at the beginning I am watching this drama not because of Kim Eun Sok but because they have Kim Go Eun here.. I really really really really love her acting, her body from head to toe, I just love everything about her. if I want to be an actress I want to be like her :love:

Oh, the causeway scene, that's is very adorable to me.

tumblr_pdatm25Spp1vwwnij_1280.jpg

I just loved the footsteps here, very symbolic

Does anyone notice the footsteps from afar in the end? They told me more about Shin's complex feeling when he found Eun Tak.

In this particular scene,  the camera didn't focus to those two,  but it focused to these footsteps on the sand. 

There were footsteps from afar, meaning someone was walking toward her from the distance. 
And as that "someone" can teleport, he could easily go to her place in a blink of an eye - when he saw her at the end of that causeway.

Then why bother to walk from afar?

On one hand, he wanted to find her so badly, that he went to so many places they'd been together before.

Not finding her anywhere, his final hope was that causeway where she first summoned him. Before going there, he took along an umbrella, since he knew it'd rain hadn't he found her.

On the other hand, he didn't go straight to her place when he found her there.

Why? Because he didn't want to bid her goodbye. At that point, he already felt so attached to her that deep down, he didn't want to leave. 
He was sad the whole time, but just until she started to cry, did the rain pour down. 
The sadness he was holding in, bursted out along with her tears.

Having found her, his mood was better, so it stopped raining.

And then, when he said that he had to go in the next day, the rain which we thought stopped, pouring down again.

That indicated how sad he was, having to say goodbye to her, also because he saw her about to cry (again) when he said he would leave.

These two were just too stubburn to come clean about their affection for each others at that moment. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in the lowest of the low

When I had suicidal thoughts

When I was thinking so deep about life

this drama came into my life.

It gave me hope. Ji Eun Tak had a terrible aunt,

but she grew up beautifully. She was hopeful. 

I can't do better than Grim Reaper, but he described

her life beautifully. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

@ling7up welcome :wub: I'm so glad to see new post on this thread.  This drama is so special to me ;) 

I guess you're only new to this thread,  since you re-watched the drama so many times :lol:

The comments in this thread are such gems....  I learnt so much from all these wonderful posts.  Welcome welcome :wub:

• Like 2