[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Ladies, finally the DVD version with Chinese subtitle has been released in Singapore, below is the description.

Product Information
Alternative Name: Guardian: The Lonely and Great God | 쓸쓸하고 찬란하神 – 도깨비
Starring: Gong Yoo (孔刘) | Kim Go-Eun (金高银) | Lee Dong-Wook (李栋旭) | Yoo In-Na (刘仁娜) | Yook Sung-Jae (陆星材)
Audio Tracks: Dolby Digital 5.1 Korean
Subtitle: English | Chinese
Rated: PG
Release Date: 02/06/2017
Number of episodes: 16 + 3 (Bonus Special Making)
Number of dics: 5 High Definition DVDs

Link for the company website: http://pohkimvideo.com/shop/goblin-lonely-great-god-孤单又灿烂的神-鬼怪-korean-drama-dvd-limited-edition/

One of the bookshop in Singapore also selling the OST Cds. Too bad for the DVD there is no Chinese dub (because my son looking forward for the Chinese dub). I'm not sure whether they will ship to oversea, but no harm to ask them :)

I miss this drama, I kind of stopped watching all the drama on air right now. sigh..

Still the best drama of all time in my humble opinion. The chemistry between them is really off the charts. Long live Goblin and its supporters!! B) This show is every night trending as it is being aired in or local channel (Philippines)

409214659ab0b477e6e002dd9b1f18e8b1746d31

Long live this pair!
Credits

• Like 5

On 5/23/2017 at 3:42 AM, Fatima Naeem said:

I'm basically crying my eyes out. I binge watched goblin in 3 days, despite the short time I GOT SO EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO IT THAT I I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR IT IN WORDS!

It's over, I keep re-watching my favorite scenes from every episode. The ending was so unsatisfying AT THE SAME TIME SO UNAVOIDABLE! I can't think of another ending for it. That time skip however was crazy. I can't imagine what the world will be in 2076. ._. What keeps on making me uneasy is Deok Hwa's sudden disappearance and the fact that Sunny did not drink the oblivion juice. I'd like to think both GM and Sunny have their memories intact. Yeah, I know, i'm being delusional, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! I haven't had a good night sleep cuz i keep on crying.

If Eun Tak was able to get her memories back from a small trigger, DEOK HWA SHOULD HAVE TOO! And I'd like to believe that she'll turn immortal. Cuz there has been references of her being an angel (I know, just as an expression, but anything is possible right?) I'm going crazy, someone help me with my depression, it gets really bad T^T

I can't bring myself to watch another drama, honestly, this drama has made my expectations for other dramas inapproachable. BEST DRAMA EVER MADE! Not all of you are going to agree with me, but honestly, for me, this drama was ON ANOTHER LEVEL! The music, the aesthetics, the cinematography, my baby Gong Yoo (After 4 YEARS!), the insight, the quotes, the poetic direction, the comedy, the tragedy, the romance (it was so bubbly and cute and was very different from a typical kdrama romance), THE BROMANCE! (better than the romance XD). In other words, it was lovely! it was perfect! OH GOD IM CRYING AGAIN! HELP ME PLIS! HOW TO COPE?

You can see that my status in soompi forums has the same content. I just can't make myself watch another drama or get out of this drama. Usually I do have withdrawal symptoms but I overcome it within a few weeks. Goblin is on another level. 

I guess it's just like Eun Tak said: Sad love. It's just left us all unsatisfied and wondering of different possibilities. 

Everytime the Goblin OST plays in youtube, I yearn for more. I yearn to watch the drama again. I wish for some extension or fanfiction that would help me heal. 

Is something wrong with me to be so attached to a drama? I don't know how the actors do it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this voting poll on a different thread. I am posting it here because i want to bring it to your attention. Please vote for Goblin if you think it is the best drama for 2016. I think Goblin deserves it considering the overall performance. There are other dramas to choose from if you think otherwise so visit the thread and vote. :)

• Like 3

Voted for Goblin but we definitely need more if we're going to win! W and Doctors are running way ahead!

As an unbiased moderator, I can't let that happen. Ofcourse Goblin should join this race (and come out on top)!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Annyeong!!

I've discovered this thread yesterday.... i'm a bit late aren't I? Well I guess i'm super late :( BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MY FEELINGS ABOUT THIS DRAMA!! I FRIGGIN CRIED AFTER WATCHING THE LAST EPISODE!! And by the way this is my first time joining a forum. I hope I get to meet friends here!! 

Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE GOBLIN!!!

1. From the actors to the cinematography to the story line, it's absolutely perfect!! 

2. There's no boring part AT ALL.

3. Hands down to the actors!! It's amazing how Lee Dong Wook transitions his feelings from a cold grim reaper to a warm hearted person. Especially the way he expresses his emotions through his eyes!! makes me want to hug him :( as for Gong Yoo, I loved how he shows the "Lonely and the Great God" with his acting. I couldn't help but cry in the last episode coz I could really feel how lonely he is and the idea of having to wait for Eun Tak for years and years.

4. I ship the grim reaper and Sunny so much! They deserve more romantic scenes (please oh please) :bawling: 

I can't help but wonder after watching this drama.

1. They didn't show Sunny drinking the tea right? So doesn't that retain her memories?? 

2. I'm really sad that they didn't show what happened to Deok Hwa.

3. We don't really know if the Goblin, Eun tak, Sunny and the Grim Reaper met each other again after being reincarnated. I mean, how about the bromance between the Goblin and the Grim reaper? :(

4. I WANT MORE OF THE PICHI COUPLE!!!!!! THEY HAVE A SAD YET BEAUTIFUL STORY. THEY DESERVE A BETTER ENDING (not that i'm not happy with the ending. It's just...... you know what I mean :()

FOLLOW MY FAN ACCOUNT PLEASE I NEED FANGIRLFRIENDS!!

On 5/23/2017 at 6:42 PM, Fatima Naeem said:

I'm basically crying my eyes out. I binge watched goblin in 3 days, despite the short time I GOT SO EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO IT THAT I I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR IT IN WORDS!

It's over, I keep re-watching my favorite scenes from every episode. The ending was so unsatisfying AT THE SAME TIME SO UNAVOIDABLE! I can't think of another ending for it. That time skip however was crazy. I can't imagine what the world will be in 2076. ._. What keeps on making me uneasy is Deok Hwa's sudden disappearance and the fact that Sunny did not drink the oblivion juice. I'd like to think both GM and Sunny have their memories intact. Yeah, I know, i'm being delusional, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT! I haven't had a good night sleep cuz i keep on crying.

If Eun Tak was able to get her memories back from a small trigger, DEOK HWA SHOULD HAVE TOO! And I'd like to believe that she'll turn immortal. Cuz there has been references of her being an angel (I know, just as an expression, but anything is possible right?) I'm going crazy, someone help me with my depression, it gets really bad T^T

I can't bring myself to watch another drama, honestly, this drama has made my expectations for other dramas inapproachable. BEST DRAMA EVER MADE! Not all of you are going to agree with me, but honestly, for me, this drama was ON ANOTHER LEVEL! The music, the aesthetics, the cinematography, my baby Gong Yoo (After 4 YEARS!), the insight, the quotes, the poetic direction, the comedy, the tragedy, the romance (it was so bubbly and cute and was very different from a typical kdrama romance), THE BROMANCE! (better than the romance XD). In other words, it was lovely! it was perfect! OH GOD IM CRYING AGAIN! HELP ME PLIS! HOW TO COPE?

I also can't put my love for this drama into words, but YOU DID oh my gosh. I'm having withdrawal symptoms!!! Also DRAMA SLUMP!!! I can't make myself watch another drama after watching Goblin!!! Well i'm currently watching BRIDE OF HABAEK but I get distracted all the time because I keep thinking about the what ifs and my love for Goblin in general :bawling:

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 5:35 AM, intrariver said:

Hello everyone. First time posting in this thread, been in Lee Dong Wook's thread only mostly until now that is.

QUESTION: 

Does anyone know how to watch the Goblin DVD Director''s cut commentary preview? I know it's on that cafe daum site (cafe.daum.com/dokebidvd), but despite using Google translate I can't understand how to do it.

Do you need to order that DVD first before you can watch a preview of it? Or can you watch the preview freely without buying? No payment for watching preview?

and there seemed to be 3 preview video clips from what I understood? How do I access those? Are there any DIRECT LINKS to those 3 previews for easier access? Main site is a mess/only flooded with comments no videos.

Do you need to register/make an account on that site to watch preview/s? Is registering completely free? Aka. Is just registering to watch preview and not order DVD free?

And If I do decide to order the DVD, what regions do they ship to? I live in northern europe, do they ship it all they way here? And are there eng subs?

IF SOMEBODY COULD ANSWER I'D BE VERY GRATEFUL. 

disclaimer: i'm not korean fluent... i get by the difficult stuff using google translate and naver translate.

as to whether you need an account, etc:

the teasers appear to be in the "associate" portion of the site.... i don't remember the full rules, but i think that you don't need to buy to access the associate portions... but i think that you will need a daum account and then sign up to that specific cafe. signing up for the account and the cafe are free. some parts of the cafe are accessible without buying the dvd/blu-ray, but some parts require you to have an upgraded membership (which you get for proving that you have done the pre-order.)

the videos appear to be embedded on the sites... and there are *very strict* rules about re-posting (as in.... "don't... unless we specifically say you can.").

to find the specific posts you're talking about:

when you're on the site in desktop view, look at the left-hand navigation... there are some hash-tagged categories with additional sub-categories underneath. look for the second instance of "[준] 공지 / Notice". ("Notice only appears twice on that navigation anyway :) ). once you're in that sub-forum, you'll see three posts in there that say something about Blu-Ray/DVD and a number. those are what you're looking for. the first teaser vid, specifically, is under this topic: ★ 쓸쓸하고 찬란하神-도깨비 감독판 Blu-ray/DVD 1차 티저 ★

if you can't see the topics after clicking the "Notice" link... then i'm really, really sorry... because it probably means that you had to pre-order and request for membership upgrade.

shipping and subs:

i do believe they should be able to ship to northern europe. yes24 (which is what they are selling through) ships to me in north america. i'm pretty sure it ships to europe. just be careful with the order page. (although, you might have to wait until they open up to orders again... following their twitter or facebook would be a good idea. they mostly post in korean, but when there is an important update about ordering, they post in chinese, japanese, and english as well.)

unfortunately, there will be no english subs... they said that they didn't get the indication that there was a large enough demand for it, so they didn't see the need to expend additional time and expense for it.

(it's a little sad for me, since i know that fans want the guarantee of subs before they pre-order... but the production won't put in the subs unless they get enough international pre-orders.)

there is currently no release date as yet for the director's cut dvd/blu-ray from korea... but, if i remember correctly, it could take somewhere between 9 months to 1 year. i heard that dvds have been released for singapore, although i would assume that it's not director's cut as yet (if that's not even out in korea).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Goblin fans! I could have sworn there is a scene where Ji Eun Tak explains Korean slang to Kim Shin, for example "Hul!" = "OMG" which took place in a restaurant. But I can't find it. Does anyone know the episode, or am I thinking of another drama? 

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those who purchased the Blu Ray/DVD for the directors cut, do you guys know the status of the production? I saw in the Notice panel they finalized the product packaging and stuff. So does that mean they are finally in development stage for the dvds?? Also they posted something about cancellations too on the notice panel which i dont really understand...but if anyone knows that would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by neverfaraway

• 3 weeks later...