[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

4 hours ago, mamakorean said:

The grim reaper said to sunny forget me, but it looks like it didn't work? Am i right?

And if et doesn't pull out the sword she will die. Because she has already a name card.

But i dont get it. Kim sun didn't die that day but how?

1.We have to see whether the memory erasure works or not.

2.Yes, Eun-tak will die, as fated by that stingy butterfly, if nobody intervenes.

3. It is just the show's way to describe that Sunny now remembers her Goryeo origins.

• Like 6

Wang Yeo ahjussi, you deserve a group hug from this thread. Why are you so miserable? :bawling::bawling:

I assume the same like you guys, ET is slowly losing her ability, ottoke... Im so afraid she cant call Goblin everytime like before.:tears:.

But actually I hope that I get scene where KS-WY have battle like Captain America-Iron Man, and of course after that they reconcile again. It is a heavy episode, so many things happen *fyuh*

Im typing while listening Ailee and Urban Zakapa ost, so heartbreaking :heartbreak:

• Like 11

I just saw ep12! Again, I'm blown away, as I said yesterday after ep11, it felt like preparing for death. So much of the story unfolded in one go. SO much sadness and so much to think of :o 

My theory about ET not seeing/ignoring the ghost eonnie - Do you think that the deity or god only gave her the ability to see ghosts so it could lead up to Park Joong Won. The minute he comes into the picture, EVERYTHING unfolds. There must be a reason they added that scene.

I also liked one theory (so many pages to catch up, not sure who said it, sorry) - that maybe KS will have to spare GR, because only he can kill Park Joong Won.

Anyyhow, today's episode was really good! I'm so excited for more. It's so sad that there aren't many episodes left, but boy is this drama gonna be with me forever? You bet!! It's going to be hard to wait until next friday. I feel like I'm thirsting for fridays like a maniac. 

It broke my heart when KS was crying after grandpa's passing away. I hulked like a baby.  :tears: And seeing DH mature, he's so sweet. :wub:

Also, not sure anyone noticed but ET/KGE was wearing a t-shirt which said Oslo, if I'm not wrong, I had my crazy fangirl moment right there, as I am from Oslo!! 

• Like 13

I have been a silent lurker but this episode TT^TT brought so much tears....grandpa dying - KS crying and DH crying, finally meeting his second in command(?) - so so cool and bittersweet, GR and Sunny, and OMG the ending the fierce stare and the guilt stricken eyes but the scariest is KS couldn't kill the creeper - my theory is his power got diminished because of his hate for the creeper and only by letting go of his hatred can he use his full power(?).  And perhaps because of this JET is losing her power to see the ghosts?

I wanted to thank you for all the theories, I would re-watch after reading all the theories and the better I appreciated the episodes - Many thanks!!!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, andy78 said:

i'm worried she could not see that ghost woman yet she was able to talk with evil eunuch!Maybe is something temporary...she is the bride but she does not want to do her duty...she loves her groom too much...

@andy78 Hi Chingu!  I agree, that her in-ability to see the ghost may be temporary.  At least, I hope so, since ghosts have been such a big part of her life, and now, her friends....

@NRGchick Its an Instagram photo of ET in Quebec in the future...w/someone....

44 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Oil...suddenly I see a lot of new faces mentioning this spoiler? What is it? 

*woke up and 12 pages to read!*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

@andy78 Hi Chingu!  I agree, that her in-ability to see the ghost may be temporary.  At least, I hope so, since ghosts have been such a big part of her life, and now, her friends....

@NRGchick Its an Instagram photo of ET in Quebec in the future...w/someone....

Oh...could you pm me?

• Like 1

Awake on a Sunday morning and prepping my tear ducts to watch Ep 12 with subs.

Watching the episode live was a heart-wrenching experience! I hope that the issue with Grim's identity gets resolved within the episode because we have problems ahead.

1. The evil eunuch is prowling to build his people. [How the heck did he find the female reaper and why now? Since he has been around for 900 years - so actually a lil bit about what actually happened with him after his death would be appreciated.] I see two types of grudges. Dokkaebi may have a grudge against the king but he used his second chance at life positively. Evil eunuch may have a second chance at either being a reaper or reincarnated but he chose to build the grudge until he is an evil sludge of a thing. 

2. Eun Tak's potential death. While Dokkaebi is busy fighting with Grim/Wang Yeo - she is in danger of dying AT ANY TIME! The one who receives her death card is Grim. If not, Dokkaebi would not know when and how. 

Sigh. I was emotionally drained by Ep 12. Yet I have to say it was one of the most powerful episodes. Through communicating with each other - whether or not it will achieve the desired result, they were honest with each other. 

I am not sure what other surprises are in store but I am fervently praying for a happy ending. 

*The endings determine my drive to purchase the DVD.....*

10HZdG.gif

From Ep 11 - Dokkaebi was against his sister meeting Grim, what more now that he is revealed as Wang Yeo? 

• Like 18

My favorite stories this week were of KS's allies. Chairman Yu, DH (that was done exceptionally well!!) and KS's warrior comrade and of course all ET scenes!

I am glad they didn't show us chairman with GR having tea. The absence of such scene makes it more poignant. Just like KS's refusing to see chairman Yu for one last time makes it more heartbreaking.

Yook Sung Jae is such a cool cat!! I haven't seen his earlier work so I didn't have any preset ideas. The more people will stop at his cute looks and fail to see his acting ease. His sad scene is just as well acted although I personally liked his comic scenes better. DH as God's medium in the bar was shot and edited in a very modern way. The dialogues were written intelligently. Especially the one where is questioning KS and GR about their whining and guessing about God's plans. Do I find Goblin God unkind? No, I think He is just no nonsense yet kind and one who will not abandon you. Divine tsundere! 

When he is speaking to his reincarnated comrade does KS use 'sekiya'? It is funny cos the closest friends use this term to refer each other even though it is a swear word. If it is that word then it takes their relation to a totally new level.

I really liked Kim Min Jae and Kim So Hyun as the teenage King and Queen. But for some unexplained reason I am not emotionally touched by the GR-Sunny, KS-Sunny story. I wonder why this is cos if I could be affected by KS-warrior friend, ET-mom's friend's ghost scenes why can't i connect with these. Since there is nothing glaringly wrong with the actors I am just accepting that these tracks are not my cups of tea! Perhaps if the writer had been more generous with their roles it would have been easier for me.

I am a big fan of secretary and the way he draws out his 'ne'!! That he is an enthusiastic dancer doesn't hurt!!

@crazyoverkdrama Between the evil eunuch and KS I am happy I chose KS for my profile pic!! :P Although I was tempted to pick the former!!

• Like 19

All of the problems seems bigger, deeper, and more complicated than we expected because The Almighty aka God aka Butterfly also take part to intervene :frown: Really look alike with Jade Emperor character from Arang and The Magistrate both like using a disguise. 

Finally GR have a name WY. His decision to make Sunny forget him really heartbreaking :cry: But it seems the his ability to erase memory no longer work to Sunny :neutral: I hope that lady grim reaper won't harm Sunny in the future.

How ET can't see ghost anymore? Is that evil ghost causing it? :worried: Something off about her. 

RIP Grandpa too bad he can't live until the end of this drama I like his character :pensive:

In ep 12 all character get into a problem, conflict happen everywhere. I hope KS vs WY will end well. Seeing the preview I guess we'll get a lot of saeguk in the next ep. 

57 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Hey! :w00t:

I also thought that at the beginning but I came to like that. I think it makes them complement each other; and it just does sthg to me to see KS happy like a teenager in love... Ok, ok you know me: it might have to do with Gong Yoo but still... It's quite stricking to see this 900-year-old ajusshi behave like a 19-year-old boy. It's like he is experiencing what he missed out on all these years...

@ktiminie Salut!!! Ca va?!

@carolinedl @kiklaminHo hi, good Sunday morning to you.... i guess, i see their lines very differently. in fact, in my shallow opinions, ET's has one of the most mature atittudes in the whole dramas, and oft times her lines come off is very wise and focus... she may 'so call act cute' in the surface, no matter how, she was just 19 3 eps back. but she often came out of her blues all by herself. Like what Carolinedl said,
"its makes them complement each other." that's it! KS denied himself any chances of falling in love, how can a man think of love when he was all along waiting for some one to come and drawn out the sword... while all of us aligned the Word "Bride' and "Groom" to love and marriage . to Goblin, "Bride" is the equalent to "Pain" and "Death", and the ending of these 2 terms. to him, life in time past was pain itself.
for someone experiencing First Love, the Heart beating surreal feels.. the moving words that strangely comfort him, her demand of his Buckwheat flower, and he strangely passed to her, without any protest nor bickering.. all those very first few meetings, has already spark off something between them, which boht has not aware or identify it as Love. What he missed out for 940 years is not just feeling of in love. But what he missed out all these years is the abilities to see a woman beyond whether to save her from danger or not... He started to see, a character that shine, a words that moved him, a pat on his head that shuddered him when the warmth of her palm travelled all the ways down to his heart....  he missed out 940 years of a mature way of recognising characters and strength in a woman and loving what he admired and was moved. He loved EunTak with a mature self-less heart. So did Euntak loves and behaved in ways surpassed all these "Cute-young-sweet' characters we kept seeing stereotype around in dramas nowadays.
some times we got to see beyond the bickering and the 'acting cute" lines. I kudos Kim Eunsook for writing very touching lines for ET and KS.. in fact. each eps i kept very wonderful lines from ET and KS highlighted in my own journals.
see spoilers

Spoiler

ep 2. she thanks KS, about the special Quebec trip, " “I slept well, I felt like I woke from a dream. I never imagine I’d get to go to another country. I got to go, thanks to you. Thank you.” “I’ll get going now.” this girl set her foot on the ground, not coveting for more enjoyment.. knowing her first foremost duty is the study. and get her life going. see, simple lines, shown great characters.

(will post a more details write-out of EunTak fabulous lines or KS's meaningful lines later on.)

• Like 19

So many emotional scenes but some cute scenes of ET... a wardrobe can really change a persons look.. Looking at ET now dress as adult and no longer on her school uniform is a big transformation for me..her clothes during the photo booth plus when she was at her university talking to GR.. She really look like a grown woman now... If only the writer make her hair longer when she become 29 will make her look sophisticated ..but anyway,,short hair looks good on her but still I prefer her hair during the presscon.

• Like 13