[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

after that parts in ep 9 in snow that remind me of one man and one woman  (GY movie) i wanted him to show at least 1% of  his talents in goblin and now after ep 10 i really want to see just one of those kisses here too. BTW that kiss was really natural and cute.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, blademan said:

Can the next kiss be like this pleaseeeee??? I don't mind if it's Sunny and GR too :wub: 

Please take advantage of the fact that GONG YOO is in this show! And also it's cable TV!

Spoiler

what is this?  movie? drama?

Edited by LyraYoo
Offtopic
  • Like 4

Happy new year everyone! 

It's the first time I'm so obsessed about a Korean drama. Thanks to all for the live recaps and the interesting fan-cams which I will otherwise not be able to find on my own. 

I predict that there will be some separation next week for Ep 11-12. It's because ET has her own money now and can support herself. The writer probably needs this to come in because something will happen plot-wise where ET has to support herself.

To the friends who pointed out that the little boy being bullied is the one that Red Lady saved in the hospital... thank you! I didn't notice this at first. 
Same goes for the Sun Mirror. It skipped my focus throughout the episodes and until now I'm not really sure what the mirror really does. I did notice that the drama used a lot of reflections during filming scenes. I wonder why.

Edited by 122am
  • Like 8

@naritul

Spoiler

Lee Dong Wok has a saeguk drama with Song Ji Hyo. it called "The Fugitive of Joseon". here's the link

http://asianwiki.com/The_Fugitive_of_Joseon

@ucylucy 

4. Goblin tells Eun Tak that she’s the only human in the house.

In the latest episode, Goblin told Eun Tak that she’s the only real human in the house, and that seems to be a strong hint at Deok Hwa’s identity as well. So, what do you think? Is it merely a theory or could Deok Hwa really be God after all?

if i'm not mistake, Deok Hwa doesn't live in that Goblin's house. He just go there once in a while to send something for Kim Shin. That's why Kim Shin said that Eun Tak is the only human in the house. (the pic is from eps 4 when Eun Tak stay at the hotel)

Capture.png

• Like 15

I am very sad because I miss the party tonight. Its a kiss tonight:tears:..Why I dont have internet connection that time:bawling:

The kiss wow I dont know to say Its lovely, innocent and pure love...I love growth their relationship .:heart:We get 2 kiss today..so lucky we are..Et is the best so far. She make second kiss..Oh my they are so happy..Kim Shin is smile make my heart just like:blush:

thanks for love recap...live recap...

• Like 11

Thank you again @alleram95 for your translation. And @stroppyse !!! Thank you too chingu.. you just suddenly popped out haha...like a life saver. I think i will blow a lighter or candle next time if we need your help :w00t: Lol... 

Finally just finished my 20+ pages backread and it's 1.22 a.m here. Lol... if i go to sleep, i need to backread again when i wake up? Hahaha...this thread is amazing and everybody here is beyond amazing! :wub:

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 CHINGUS! HAVE A GREAT YEAR AHEAD :heart:

• Like 11

Happy new year, Immortals!!

So, I finally watched the latest episode with sub, and oh, not that it matters, but Goblin's episode is my first K-Drama episode I watched in 2017, wohooooh!! Somehow I'm oddly proud of that XD

What can I say about the latest episode...the plot finally thickens after Eun-tak x Kim Shin got together, and it's in a very good way. It seems Grim Reaper still don't know who he was, but he has figured out the relationship between Sunny-Kim Shin-his past sister. Now it depends on either Kim Shin or Grim Reaper himself to figure out that he was the king who commit big sins, including sacrificing Kim Shin's life. I'm just hoping it wouldn't severe their bromance too much...please, I still want to see them bicker over useless things!!

And can I just say I kinda loooove Sunny's suspicion towards Grim Reaper? Ahaha....I also am desperately wanted them to be together, Sunny wanted to be together with him too, but I love that she's careful before entering an official relationship. Not gonna lie though, I'd be suspicious too if my potential lover can't explained who he is or what he does for a living. Although, I really feel sorry for Grim Reaper this episode...introducing yourself like,"Hi, I'm a Grim Reaper whose job is to help dead souls forget their mortal lives and guide them to go to their better place, nice to meet you!" wouldn't sound sane to any person alive, even for a peculiar person like Sunny XD I'm curious what would Sunny do though if she fully knows Kim Woobin is Grim Reaper, I hope she holds on to her words: "If you're not a married man or a national intelligence, it's okay." :w00t:

More Goryeo scenes~ somehow I'm getting giddy at the sister and king's scenes, they are so cute! They really seem like a couple falling in love in a first sight, aaaah...young love, young, pure love, how I envy them to have such a beautiful story :) If only the tutor didn't meddle and manipulate the king's life too much, maybe all of the Goryeo characters could be happy and die with no punishments. I'm curious though, where's the evil tutor now? Did he become a Grim Reaper too? He must have committed great sins, manipulating people is considered great sins too, no? Or did he get away with it and reincarnated to the secretary (they look too much alike to me, although it has been pointed out that they are different actors) because he technically got no blood on his hands?

AND MANSAEEEE EUN-TAK FOR TURNING LEGAL!! Hope she only get to experience sweet things from now on, she has suffered enough, sweet child~ it's also a good thing that her mother's friend was looking after her money, what a good friend she had :) Her first kiss with Goblin was also too cute, heheheeee...my heart fluttered so much! The fighting scene had me rolling, hahahaaa....Goblin literally stick a stick up a man's butt for the final blow, hahahahaaaaaaaaah....OMG, just remembering that made me laughing so hard right now!!

Nooooo....Chairman Yoo is going to leave the world...another kind soul left them... :tears: I just hope Deokhwa did memorize that list to become a better heir/director so he wouldn't fail the kind grandpa. Also, I'm still curious about him, what exactly is he...?

Can't wait for next week, I think the story going to be heavier, but I'll patiently wait for it!

• Like 17

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Hi @alleram95, a few edits to your translations, since while small, I think they give a different feel to the scenes. I've bolded the lines above.

From the first bloc of translation above, after KS first asks whether he did something wrong and ET denies it, he then asks: Did you do something wrong?  Later in the same exchange, when he asks in what way is he her style, ET responds: You're strange and beautiful. 

From the second bloc: KS asks: Is this still romantic? ET responds: Even more than before. The dim lighting, the sparse appetizers, the bitter soju, the nondescript ambiance (indicating the vinyl walls of the pojangmacha), everything is a romantic fantasy. If there was only one more thing, it would be perfect. 

Happy new year. Looking forward to your translations in the new year. 

Spoiler

선배님 안녕하세요 :D  여기서 우리또 만나서 방가워요. 새해복 많이 받으세요

Thank you for the corrections :) If I may give an excuse, the fireworks around my house distracted me when I tried to listen to their conversation.. using an earphone didn't really help :P  I'll be more careful in the future and try my best to give a better translation

I never see you posted in this thread, if yes, maybe I missed it.. Hope for your help to correct my imperfect translations in the future too ^_^ 

@NRGchick omg.. that gif thank you :wub: my translation is far from perfect but I'm glad it can help

A new discussion in new year? I don't know whether this topic has been discussed or not... 

I just thinking about this why Goblin only (?) can see the future and the Grim Reaper the past lives?

• Like 7

First of all, Happy new year to fellow Goblin lovers :blush:

I just watched the 10th eps and the last 10 mn was the most important part with the GR as the king (so looking goood), I can't wait to see his part in past era.

Unlike the previous eps, this one was more funny & surprising, there wasn't a Subway PPL XD (I don't mind coz they should get the money to fund the show but sometimes the PPL comes from nowhere >.<).

And huge kuddo for the fast translation of the eps since today is the new year & so, people still working on it I'm amazed *x*

• Like 10

although i am curious.. how or why are we getting such quick translations.. and its happening since ep 1.. subs are out in 3 hrs..

The project is neither pre-produced.. nor do other shows with big stars get such fast subs..

whatever.. sincere thnks to those who are making it possible

also can someone help me get the instrumental music of - this is a happy tune.. played today when GR was going out to meet sunny (just before the breakup).. when he is walking past the crowd of people..

this same music earlier used to play for ET-Gblin.. its a really happy tune

• Like 6

16 hours ago, lorac529 said:

Love what you said. those are my favourite scenes too.  

About your mentioning of the lamp post, it makes me remember the scene when ET was kidnapped by those 2 guys where the car was sliced in half, remember all the lamp posts turned dark and then broken too...It seems this happens whenever ET is calling for KS to rescue 

And thanks for everyone's recaps & great analysis always.  I personally buy the idea that Deokhwa finds ET when she turned on the phone rather than him being a deity coz his other actions doesn't really make him a deity....for example:

1) Episode 3, he got a bit scared when GR turns the floor in ice when they were both kicked out by KS.  Then KS lets GR back in but not Deokhwa and then he said, "i cannot leave, if i have to die, i'll die and become the ghost of this house"

2) Episode 4, he can't see GR who's wearing a hat in the restaurant and got scared when KS was talking to GR.

3) Episode 6: GR commands Deokhwa to leave with his reaper-mind-control powers during their meeting with Sunny & Sunny's friend

4) Episode 7: Deokhwa crying like crazy thinking KS is dead and said he doesn't need a card...

If he's really a deity, than he's a deity of great acting skills!

I'm with you on this theory.  I think Deokhwa is the reincarnation of the little boy who first offered to serve him.  Both characters (young Doekhwa and the Goryeo servant boy) were portrayed by the same child actor.  However, just because he isn't deity doesn't mean he isn't a servant of deity.  

I think he and his ancestors were appointed by the Supreme God to be Shin's companions throughout the ages.  And it's a sign that the Supreme God isn't distant, or impersonal or cruel.  He gifted Shin with the grace of companionship so he could bear his lonely journey.

I loved the scene with the butterfly at the ski resort.  When it was approaching the lodge it cast a massive, powerful shadow on the snow.  Symbolizing that it was not all it appeared to be.   It's the full power and presence of the Supreme God manifest in the form of a small and quiet creature.  

I see the Supreme God working behind the scenes.  Creating circumstances to lead all the core characters in the Goryeo tragedy back together so they can finally reach reconciliation.  And he's breaking the rules (having a reaper run off with his former wife, burning out lights, having living people enter the doorless teahouse of the dead) to show all of them that they shouldn't think they know the whole story.  That there's a greater plan and power behind their circumstances.

To me, the most significant scene in episode 9 was the teahouse scene. Where Shin says "So there is no door that a human's sincerity can't open.  Couldn't that opened door serve as a variable in God's plan, as well?  So I'm going to try to find it.  With a lot of sincerity.  I wonder which door I must open to become a variable in God's plans." (Dramafever subs)    

If I could talk to a drama character I'd say:

Oh honey, there's no need to worry.  God is already creating the variables.  You just need to keep opening the doors he puts in front of you and miracles will happen.  And in the meantime, don't listen to that horrible seductress granny.  She's up to no good.

And Grim.  God is at the core of both your career and many of your contemplations about the direction of your life.  And you say you're an Athiest?  Pfft.

Edited by Ginda
changed a word
  • Like 14

Hei every one and happy new year. I have been reading this forum for sometime know. I want to ask if anyone can translate what was writen on the screen in the beginig of ep 10 it came during the falsh back about the thief and bus accident. Is it some kind of information bout the drama or something else. Thank you

• Like 3

Wow, they really went all the way at the end with Wang Yeo/Grim Reaper. Wow.

Sunny and Grim Reaper deserve a drama of their own, their story is so tragic and beautiful. Can't they make a second season focused on them? And from time to time Shin and Eun-tak appear so we know how they're doing? I don't want it to end!!!

Those kisses! Can I have a Gong Yoo of my own? or a Mr. Buckweath at least?

Ah everything is too adorable.

Happy New Year friends!

• Like 10