[Drama 2017] Bride of the Water God, 하백의 신부

Chellsee

45 minutes ago, Delulu_jie2830 said:

Don't you think it's more interesting because we got to see him trying to live like human ? Hehhee. But back again. Personal preference. Hehehe.. 

I don't think it's K-Will's though. It's a little bit softer. But I'll love K Will to sing an OST for this drama. I love this drama. My mom does too! :) 

The wait is always one of the hardest part. HAHAHA.. Be strong Chingu. One more day. :star:

I don't know much about the ost, usually will listen and forgot about it. I only remember some popular ones on certain drama. Anyway you have answered chingu @SeGafanlady question.:wink:

Watching kdrama with family that's pretty cool, I wish that too :)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wandaraiju said:

but i remember when i saw misaeng, i just soo into im siwan character too, like this. Their skill plus the profesionals that work for their characters, made them more recognized

Sorry a bit of topic but @wandaraiju you should watch Im Siwan new drama King In Love too he's daebak in the drama :wink:

1 hour ago, ilwoo_aein said:

new making film!

is she called him oppa? or any other korean words? 

she helped to rub his face after he spraying water to his own face hahahahahah aak fangirling. i just love them being together onscreen because the very lovable they are when had this kind of scene or is it just because they have such lovely face? hahaha SSK is very beautiful and lovable!

and i love how they smile at each other :rolleyes: :wub:

19 hours ago, nevill said:

i just read a post in BOTWG DCinside which said SA NakBin i couldnt understand the rest but???

Eeek!  Nakbin is evil, particularly toward HB.  I really hope Soah is Soah and not a reincarnafion of her,  or I will be overcome with disbelief.

Alhough this is a drama that deviates from the manhwa,  long story short---Nakbin,, HB's wife whom he did love,  is the reason annual sacrifices are made.   NB should have died long ago,  but then Emperor at the time kept her alive using his power as long as she stays in the imperial country.  She cursed HB as she was jealous of SA.   She was thus alive when HB fell for SA.  Therefore SA cannot be Nakbin's reincarnation.     Tired of being artificially being alive, she begrudgingly released HB's curse before she died and thus able to reincarnate as human without recollection of anything.

HY and NB in the manhwa, are siblings.    If anyone could be NB, the only small probability is the blind little girl.     Drama is consistent with the manhwa in that HY fell for SA. She  initially was misled but did not love him back.

3 hours ago, sleepinthegarden said:

is she called him oppa? or any other korean words? 

she helped to rub his face after he spraying water to his own face hahahahahah aak fangirling. i just love them being together onscreen because the very lovable they are when had this kind of scene or is it just because they have such lovely face? hahaha SSK is very beautiful and lovable!

and i love how they smile at each other :rolleyes: :wub:

she said ibhayooo (look here in jondhaemal) not oppa because Se Kyung is older than Joo Hyuk.. 

Shin Se Kyung is a very attractive and beautiful.. she is known for being kind and sweet...  sporty and healthy lifestyle.. I like when woman like us have curvy and coke bottle-ish body type.. it's super sexy though.

PS. Lim Joo Hwan is getting more handsome and his role matches him well.. in oh my Ghostess he was really good.. (he's also BFF with Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwang So the Asian Prince)

21 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

she said ibhayooo (look here in jondhaemal) not oppa because Se Kyung is older than Joo Hyuk.. 

Shin Se Kyung is a very attractive and beautiful.. she is known for being kind and sweet...  sporty and healthy lifestyle.. I like when woman like us have curvy and coke bottle-ish body type.. it's super sexy though.

PS. Lim Joo Hwan is getting more handsome and his role matches him well.. in oh my Ghostess he was really good.. (he's also BFF with Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki and Lee Kwang So the Asian Prince)

i knew she's older thats why i asked if i did hear it wrong hahaha at seconds 00:58? Before she hits herself with rub, i do hear something similiar with oppa hahaha my bad. 

i know right, here's the sweetest smile i've witnessed from Lim Joo Hwan with kid! swipe~

3 hours ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

Eeek!  Nakbin is evil, particularly toward HB.  I really hope Soah is Soah and not a reincarnafion of her,  or I will be overcome with disbelief.

Alhough this is a drama that deviates from the manhwa,  long story short---Nakbin,, HB's wife whom he did love,  is the reason annual sacrifices are made.   NB should have died long ago,  but then Emperor at the time kept her alive using his power as long as she stays in the imperial country.  She cursed HB as she was jealous of SA.   She was thus alive when HB fell for SA.  Therefore SA cannot be Nakbin's reincarnation.     Tired of being artifically being alive, she begrudgingly released HB's curse before she died and thus able to reincarnate as human without recollection of anything.

HY and NB in the manhwa, are siblings.    If anyone could be NB, the only small probability is the blind little girl.     Drama is consistent with the manhwa in that HY fell for SA. She  initially was misled but did not love him back.

thanx for explaining, i didnt read the manwha so these bits and peaces of informations really help a lot thanx

@athena22 @Visually-wandering

@Chellsee@vangsweetie637@nevill@supergal99  @moodypie @dramu51ch0c10ve @swagpuppysong @alekaonu @ktcjdrama@nonski @Kissy13

I had a sudden revelation about the incident from 1200 years ago. First, look at this picture: Hoo Ye as a child is eating leaves.WaterGod08-00001.jpg

So this means that the cavern where he was kept hidden was close to a tree. So my theory is that Hoo Ye was living close to the tree whose fruits can give immortality. Since in the Realm world, gods are immortal, why should they need to eat these fruits? Then we hear from MR in the episode 9 in this scene WaterGod09-00275.jpg

that a woman got greedy for eternal life and betrayed them. So this means that this woman went to the tree in order to eat the fruit giving her immortality. Being there, she must have met Hoo Ye. That's how the existence of the demi-god was revealed to the gods. We shouldn't forget that in the episode 8, the conversation between the high priest and Ha Baek about the birth of humans, gods and the existence of a demi-god happens 2600 years ago. This means that Hoo Ye's existence was more or less a legend told by the high priest. This would explain why the high priest had no idea how powerful a demi-god is because Hoo Ye has never been living among gods. To sum up, the incident of 1200 years ago is related to Hoo Ye and the special tree. Then in the episode 6, Ha Baek mentioned that the gods forgave the King from the Sky world and in my opinion, this is related to the birth of Hoo Ye. When the incident happened, the gods discovered that the Sky King had kept his son Hoo Ye hidden there for a long time. They were mad at him for deceiving them. 

Since I read a little the manhwa (not finished the story), I know that MR used the tree in order to get rid of So Ah. So maybe MR sent Nak Bin there out of jealousy but she didn't know that Hoo Ye was living there. Notice that the existence of a demi-god was told in front of HB, MR and BR and in my opinion, the high priest knew that their lives would be entangled with Hoo Ye. We saw that MR is a jealous and resentful person. She slapped Ha Baek, she even asked GR to punish Ha Baek (the kiss). All her actions illustrate her hot-tempered but also cunning and scheming nature. She has no problem to act behind Ha Baek's back. Ha Baek has not realised it yet. He is still relying a lot on MR. He doesn't know anything about her betrayal. She keeps telling him that humans are bad, greedy aso. We know that Ha Baek has been feeling betrayed by humans. On the other hand, we were shown that in the past, Ha Baek used to be very curious about humans: he read documents about reproduction, birth of humans aso. MR and BR were totally different: uninterested. So we have to imagine that the woman who was sent for a sacrifice was welcome in the Realm world. The gods took care of her. Since she was a human, I can imagine that Ha Baek was curious about her and got close to her hence MR saw the woman as a thread. I believe, this was Nak Bin. But then we have the story of Shim Chun told by Ha Baek. 

After some thinking, I propose this solution: Back in the days, the gods were supposed to take care of the humans as well hence they sent humans to the Realm world. One of the women sent there was Shim Chun. After being so well received by the gods, she didn't want to stay there and used her family as an excuse. Returning with a lot of gold from the gods, she was wealthy enough to marry a King. From that moment, the gods felt betrayed by the humans and decided to banish the humans from their world forever and not to take care of them. Since the family name Shin sounds so close to Shim, I believe that SYJ and her grandfather are related to this woman. They are the descendants from that greedy and cunning woman. This would explain why they possess a lot of wealth and land, they are still greedy and selfish.  But as time passed on, the humans had to face difficult times (drought) and sent again a woman as a sacrifice in order to ask for the gods' help. Since the Shim family didn't want to send their daughter there, they paid So Ah's ancestors to take her place. NB was the chosen one. Since the gods took pity on the woman, they saved her and took care of her. Moreover she was totally different from Shim Chun hence Ha Baek got fascinated by NB, unlike with SC. This was observed by MR who got jealous and decided to get rid of NB by setting a trap. She must have sent her to the special tree where Hoo Ye met NB. 

But the problem is that once NB ate the fruit, something terrible happened. I have the impression that BR must have discovered MR's plan and went there because he was told by the Sky king that Hoo Ye was living there. I have the impression that BR knows about MR's betrayal and his awful behaviour towards HY could be also explained that Hoo Ye might discover that MR was involved in the scheme. I mean, Hoo Ye met NB and as such, she must have told Hoo Ye why she was there. Hoo Ye could be an evidence for MR's involvement. So NB ate that forbidden fruit hence her family was punished. BR took the father to the Realm world and HB's mother cursed them and forced them to become the servants of gods. 

I sense that the blind little girl is NB. She got blind because she ate the fruit from that tree. Maybe she is immortal and can not age (she was a little girl back then too) or she might always get reincarnated but she remains blind. However, I am wondering about the little girl. JD had to tell her about the two worlds. Why did the monk have to tell her this story? I think, he recognised Min as the reincarnation of NB's soul. A possibility is that by eating the fruit, you die but you can always be reincarnated. Hence I am opting for the second option. I guess, a god must have died there too and BR is blaming HY for his death. When HY confessed that he had killed, he was actually lying to BR. However, HY must have realised who Min is, he recognised her from their meeting hence he is so nice to her. 

However, I suspect that the death of the god is connected to NB eating the fruit. It was a terrible accident but if MR is behind this scheme, she hurt a human and as such, she should be banished from the Realm world. Nevertheless, Ha Baek has no idea about her involvement. By falling in love with So Ah, MR will take action against So Ah so that Ha Baek will finally be able to discover MR's true nature and her involvement in the past. MR has no idea that HY was a witness. Notice that MR wasn't there, when So Ah's ancestors got punished. For her, it only mattered that she got rid of NB.  I guess, JD knows that   

What do you think?

Best 4 Ending Scenes From “Bride Of The Water God” So Far

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Bride of the Water God” always has viewers waiting for more after each episode is over.  Here are four of the show’s best ending scenes as chosen by a source from the drama’s production crew. See if you agree!

1. Shin Se Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk’s “God’s servant” awakening kiss

bride-of-the-water-god-3.jpg

This is the scene that many viewers choose as the most unforgettable scene from the drama. The “Water God” Habaek (Nam Joo Hyuk) says, “Awaken. I bestow you with a divine blessing,” and gives his “servant” So Ah (Shin Se Kyung) a kiss.

2. Nam Joo Hyuk’s transformation into a water dragon

bride-of-the-water-god-4.jpg

This scene proved that So Ah and Habaek were in fact tied to each other by fate. When So Ah gets pushed off the edge of a tall building by an unidentified assailant, Habaek breaks out of the glass window and transforms into a water dragon to save her. The spectacular computer graphics and realistic acting made viewers hold their breaths during this scene.

3. Nam Joo Hyuk and Im Joo Hwan’s confrontation

bride-of-the-water-god.jpg

From their first encounter, Habaek was suspicious about Hoo Ye (Im Joo Hwan). After finding out about the secret behind Hoo Ye’s birth, he tells Hoo Ye, “You’ve been exposed. You’ve been exposed by me,” and reveals Hoo Ye’s identity. Hoo Ye has an unsettled expression on his face as he hears this. This scene made viewers anticipate the beginning of a fight between the god Habaek and demi god Hoo Ye.

4. Nam Joo Hyuk and Shin Se Kyung’s second kiss

bride-of-the-water-god-2.jpg

Habaek and So Ah’s second kiss was highly-anticipated by viewers. At the place where they first met, Habaek confesses his feelings for her, but also tells her the sad words, “I will go. I must go.” He kisses her after saying this, as if to imply that he wants to stay by her side forever despite the reality of him having to leave.

Which of these endings had you waiting eagerly for the next episode?

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/06/best-4-ending-scenes-bride-water-god-far/

I would like to add another possibility. Maybe the gods got mad at the King from the Sky world for another reason. He told them that he had burnt the tree in order to hide his son's existence. We have to imagine this: Hoo Ye witnessed Nak Bin's death, when she ate the fruit and since she had been nice to him, he was so upset that in his anger, the tree got on fire and burnt. When Min saw the caterpillar on her arm, it burnt later due to HY's power. So in order to explain why the tree burnt, the king from the Sky realm said that he did it after NB's death to make sure that this would never happen again. Since maybe a minor god had been asked to take care of that tree, he could have died from the fire. Yet,  later the king confessed to BR why he took the blame hence BR is resenting HY that his king took the blame for his action. So maybe BR has no idea that MR has been plotting against NB.

1 hour ago, nevill said:

@bebebisous33 very interesting and i might add biblical, is it supposed to relate to the tree of knowledge? 

Yes, it reminds me of it, especially if NB and HY were young and innocent, like I imagine. Moreover, when we see Min and HY together, we can observe that HY is taking care of her like an older brother. In the manhwa, HY was NB's brother. So even if the writer changed the facts, it is clear that the author tries to keep the essential points, like:

- HY fell in love with So Ah

- HY has always helped the humans and taken care of his sister

- HY resented his father

All these three points are in the manhwa and in the drama as well.   

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

HY has always helped the humans and taken care of his sister

then why was she with the earth guardian in the beginning? i thought that she was left in HY care by that guardian. 

27 minutes ago, nevill said:

then why was she with the earth guardian in the beginning? i thought that she was left in HY care by that guardian. 

You misunderstood me. In the manhwa, HY took care of his sister NB and helped the humans. In the drama, HY met her later but still he acts like an older brother. I do think that JD must have helped HY to meet Min. I have the impression that JD knows a lot too and he is also helping Ha Baek. He told HB, he would leave for a while but only after his return, he could go back to the realm world. In the end, his decision indicates that he wants HB to spend more time with So Ah. Moreover, he is pushing Ha Baek to acknowledge his feelings for So Ah. Is it compassion or love? JD knows the answer.

To sum up, I have the impression that JD and the high priest must be working together.

Archived