[Drama 2017] Tunnel 터널

larus

4 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@Realyn Tan  Now this is very interesting and never thought about that.. But I'm still just as confused as I was in episode 2.. So I think you may be on to something.. But from the ending the one they caught I thought he was the killer from back.. But now we have the killer chasing the boy in the woods he was in the first segment of the time travel.. Ok I give up @bebebisous33 & @40somethingahjumma  I'm going to need your insight on this to get some kind of understanding out of it.. 

The notion that the Hwaseong killer was a time traveller had been my first thought after watching the first two episodes but I'm not as sure about that now.

Spoiler

The fifth victim survived the attack in 1986 (just as it was the case in Signal I think) but didn't report it and changed her name instead. She was already close to fifty when she was killed by the man with prosthetic hand. 

I would be more sure once I watch episode 3 with English subs. I only saw it very quickly with C-subs this morning.

Of course it's not to say that killer couldn't be a time traveller :wink: but it feels less likely after recent developments.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sava2sava@40somethingahjumma@lumibear@jongski@Realyn Tan@MiAmour So I have just finished watching the episode 3 and I really liked it because it was much more tense and they had a case. Moreover, we could finally see how this team is going to work together in the future. They are starting bounding. Kim Sun Jae finally recognised Prof. Shin's good skills as profiler therefore he saved her number with her name. This is a huge step for him as he doesn't trust people at all. On the other hand, Kim Sun Jae still looks down on Park Kwan Ho and thinks that he just got lucky to find the identity of the victim. In my opinion, Kim Sun Jae might warm up to him in the next case, where PKH can prove his good skills as a detective. Then we can assume that the chief Jeon Seong Sik is about to discover PKH's true identity which will change PKH's situation. From that moment on, JSS will be there to help him and they might try to solve the case from 1986.

About the time travel: In my opinion, it is related to the Hwaseong case. As long as the culprit isn't caught, Park Kwan Ho is stuck in the future. First, Park Kwan Ho thought that he could go back to 1986 because he had solved the crime, but fact is that the 5th victim was killed by someone else. Back then, she survived the attack from the serial killer as she faked her death. To afraid of being targeted again, she ran away and changed her identity. She kept a low profile in order to make sure that the killer wouldn't find her. Since so many years had passed, she thought, she could come back to her home town as people wouldn't recognise her. Since she lived under a different identity, she didn't want to be in any relationship... to afraid of being discovered. Unfortunately, she met that crazy crippled man who killed her. But now I am wondering about the sypnosis: it is said that PKH needs to save his daughter. Right now, we only know that Yeon Suk is pregnant. Is the sypnosis wrong? I am wondering if the PKH born in 1988 is his son... I know that we thought that Prof. shin was his daughter. So we are still missing some info how Shin and PKH (1988) are related to the case. I do believe that all these people (JSS; PKH 1986; PKH 1988; Shin, KSJ) are related to the Hwaseong case.

I was wondering if the killer who tried to run away from PKH in 1986 travelled to the future like him but he got stuck the moment PKH entered the same timeline. Just like the detective, the serial killer might be stuck in the future. This would explain why PKH from 1988 is being chased by him. The killer might think that PKH born in 1988 is the same detective than PKH from 1986 who was chasing him. It was dark in the tunnel and I doubt that the killer saw his face. By killing PKH (1988), the serial killer thinks that he can travel back to the past and keep killing women. But that's just a theory. Notice that the 5th victim didn't really escape her fate: she was murdered in the end.     

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I was wondering if the killer who tried to run away from PKH in 1986 travelled to the future like him but he got stuck the moment PKH entered the same timeline. Just like the detective, the serial killer might be stuck in the future. This would explain why PKH from 1988 is being chased by him. The killer might think that PKH born in 1988 is the same detective than PKH from 1986 who was chasing him. It was dark in the tunnel and I doubt that the killer saw his face. By killing PKH (1988), the serial killer thinks that he can travel back to the past and keep killing women. But that's just a theory. Notice that the 5th victim didn't really escape her fate: she was murdered in the end.     

Welcome back dear, i was wondering the same thing too, perhaps the PKH cant go back to the past cause of PKH from the present has been killed? hmm

Spoiler

And bout the 5th victim how come that killer endup killing her? since she even able to hold her breath to escape, is she probably been killed by someone else? :smirk:

@MiAmour Yes, the 5th victim survived the attack from the serial killer, but she got killed by someone else. About Park Kwan Ho (1998), I don't think that PKH (1986) can not go back to the past because of his death, rather because of the killer. To me, the serial killer murders PKH (1988) thinking that now he can go back to the past, but he realises that this is not working. Therefore the serial killer might target PKH's daughter believing if he kills her, he can go back to the past. Our protagonist hasn't figured it out that his presence in 2016 is connected to the serial killer.   

After whatching episode 3, we know how the fifth victim of 80`s murders ended dead in the future. I did not see that coming, that she survived the attack in the past. She was murdered by someone else after 30 years. What a sad destiny! 

With this new information, it is not sure if the serial killer can do a time traveling. He could be stuck in the future with Park Kwang Ho. The teory that he is chasing the rookie cop Park Kwang Ho (1988) because he thinks is the detective that was discovered him, it is plausible but we need more information to validate or invalidate it. We will find out the story, why the killer is chasing Park Kwang Ho (1988). My question is how the killer found him? He just get the transfer and why the killer won`t realize that he could not be the same cop. Both Park Kwang Ho and the killer came through the same time in the tunnel but they arrived at different times in the future? Park Kwang Ho (our protagonist) just arrived in the future and he was confused, disoriented. How the killer had been adapted to the new experience so quickly unless he is indeed a time traveler? I beleive that the man who is chasing PKH (1988) is not the same serial killer that our protagonist is looking for but we`ll see.

I like how innocent Kwang Ho is appearing not being familiarized with the new technologies. :) I like the team of an old fashion and new style cop.  Kim Sun jae might be a little arrogant for the others but he is not there to be in a team, to socialize. He is not doing a job, he is on a mission. I like Sun jae and Jae yi`s interaction. She won his trust and respect and he saved her number on his phone. Both are similar in my opinion and they even make a good pair. :tongue: I like how he hung up on her in the end just like she did earlier. :D I agree that Sun jae will warm up with Kwang Ho when he will realize that the late is a good cop. I like their team of opposites attrack. Not only their style of work but their personalities too. 

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:
Spoiler

The fifth victim survived the attack in 1986 (just as it was the case in Signal I think) but didn't report it and changed her name instead. She was already close to fifty when she was killed by the man with prosthetic hand. 

I would be more sure once I watch episode 3 with English subs. I only saw it very quickly with C-subs this morning.

Of course it's not to say that killer couldn't be a time traveller :wink: but it feels less likely after recent developments.

@40somethingahjumma  Yes it clearly shows that the 5th survive and moved but something struck me oddly in regards to the man that killed her.. He said he did choke her with his bare hands he didn't use a rope. Now PKH never ask him about strangelation he just told him.. So I'm wondering was he involved in those killings back then or was it the man that through something in that toxic water..

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@MiAmour Yes, the 5th victim survived the attack from the serial killer, but she got killed by someone else. About Park Kwan Ho (1998), I don't think that PKH (1986) can not go back to the past because of his death, rather because of the killer. To me, the serial killer murders PKH (1988) thinking that now he can go back to the past, but he realises that this is not working. Therefore the serial killer might target PKH's daughter believing if he kills her, he can go back to the past. Our protagonist hasn't figured it out that his presence in 2016 is connected to the serial killer.   

@bebebisous33  Some how I don't think PKH (1986) is dead, I guess I'm not getting a dead person travelling to the future to save his daughter and all can feel see hear and touch him but he's supposed to be dead.. I don't get it.. Just like the 5th victime survived I think PKH (1986) Also survived and maybe in a coma and dreaming of still tracking the killer.. This is why I said I'm just as confused as ever trying to understand this drama.. I do get it about the time travel but the story is just to darn confusing..:confused:

5 hours ago, larus said:

With this new information, it is not sure if the serial killer can do a time traveling. He could be stuck in the future with Park Kwang Ho. The teory that he is chasing the rookie cop Park Kwang Ho (1988) because he thinks is the detective that was discovered him, it is plausible but we need more information to validate or invalidate it. We will find out the story, why the killer is chasing Park Kwang Ho (1988). My question is how the killer found him? He just get the transfer and why the killer won`t realize that he could not be the same cop. Both Park Kwang Ho and the killer came through the same time in the tunnel but they arrived at different times in the future? Park Kwang Ho (our protagonist) just arrived in the future and he was confused, disoriented. How the killer had been adapted to the new experience so quickly unless he is indeed a time traveler? I beleive that the man who is chasing PKH (1988) is not the same serial killer that our protagonist is looking for but we`ll see.

Thanks @larus  I'm going to go with this theory that the killer is a time traveller himself. Like I said I don't think PKH (1986) is dead the time travel killer could be travelling through times to kill PKH just beause of him knowing his identity.. Once the killer arrived in (1998) woke up PKH (1986) to do they final battle. But I'm still baffled at him looking the same as 1986.. Do that make sense:dizzy: Any way until more of this drama unfolds i'm just going to keep my trap shut and read the thread for a while 

@sava2savaYou misunderstood me. I never said that PKH (1986) was dead... if someone is dead, then the younger policeman born in 1988. So far, he was shown to be about die. In my opinion, the killer might be stuck in the future and think that if he kills PKH, then he can go back to the past. But that's just a theory.

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@sava2savaYou misunderstood me. I never said that PKH (1986) was dead... if someone is dead, then the younger policeman born in 1988. So far, he was shown to be about die. In my opinion, the killer might be stuck in the future and think that if he kills PKH, then he can go back to the past. But that's just a theory.

My bad @bebebisous33 Now this totally make sense even though I'm still just as confused.. Now re-reading this comment made me think of something.. At the ending of ep 3 remember the youngboy the killer was chasing could he be the young detective in the future he also saw the killers face back then to and maybe he's another one that escape him hiding in those woods.. So now I'm thinking the killer time traveled until he got the both of them in the same time period.. 

I'm still thinking about how is it that the young boy aged and PKH didn't

28 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Thanks @larus  I'm going to go with this theory that the killer is a time traveller himself. Like I said I don't think PKH (1986) is dead the time travel killer could be travelling through times to kill PKH just beause of him knowing his identity.. Once the killer arrived in (1998) woke up PKH (1986) to do they final battle. But I'm still baffled at him looking the same as 1986.. Do that make sense:dizzy: Any way until more of this drama unfolds i'm just going to keep my trap shut and read the thread for a while 

I think we will complicate the story imagining all sort of teories.:tongue: I am not even convinced that the killer is a time traveler yet. It never crossed my mind that PKH could be dead.  I don`t really think too much about what happened, especially to figure out the time traveling concept. We could talk forever and still won`t be clear. Some could say backward time travel is highly unlikely.^_^ I do have questions but I have patience to discover more pieces of the puzzle. You are asking why PKH is looking the same as 1986? The time did not passed for him the same as everybody. I just wait to see how they are going to do with the story. Park Kwang Ho is asking himself what he has to do in 2016 to come back at his own time. So do I. What I want is an acceptable explanation,without big lapses of logic.  I want a happy ending for PGH, I want him to go back to his time to reunite to his wife and child after catching the killer. :D

Spoiler

So with that latest murder, they are hinting at the killer also being in 2017.

Maybe the victim this time is Kwangho's daughter ? 

I still think there's chances Shin jaeyi is the daughter, because her surname is Shin (like shin yeonsuk) and she was adopted....

48 minutes ago, larus said:

I think we will complicate the story imagining all sort of teories.:tongue:I am not even convinced that the killer is a time traveler yet. It never crossed my mind that PKH could be dead.  I don`t really think too much about what happened, especially to figure out the time traveling concept. We could talk forever and still won`t be clear. Some could say backward time travel is highly unlikely.^_^ I do have questions but I have patience to discover more pieces of the puzzle. You are asking why PKH is looking the same as 1986? The time did not passed for him the same as everybody. I just wait to see how they are going to do with the story. Park Kwang Ho is asking himself what he has to do in 2016 to come back at his own time. So do I. What I want is an acceptable explanation,without big lapses of logic.  I want a happy ending for PGH, I want him to go back to his time to reunite to his wife and child after catching the killer

@larus.... I too don't think the killer time travelled. If the killer did time travel, the killer would have taken alot more time to find PKH  1988.  How would the killer from the past find PKH (1988) location and  PKH ( past) wasn't knocked out for a long time  and giving him enough time to locate PKH ( 1988).  I was hoping for Shin Jae Yi not be PKH's daughter and thought that PKH ( 1988) must be  his son.  Since the killer is trying to kill him , it must have been because he was trying to find his dad's killer.  Don't forget everyone thinks PKH is dead and the Shin Yeon Sook never stopped believing her husband was dead. What is the chances that PKH (1988) would be transfered to  JSS's department , JSS worked with his dad and  Kim Seon Jae is also looking for the murderer who killed his mom. All three must be connected somehow. I still haven't been able to understand Shin Jae Yi's connection to this mystery toooo. 

@sava2sava @bebebisous33  @MiAmour .... Annyeonghaseyo Chingu's  Looking for ward to you comments in this thread.  cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gifcheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Seems like Kwangho was the last surviving member of his family and after his death Shin Yeonsuk being his widow, she became the defacto head of family (because the family register system in Korea). Thus it could explain why her daughter inherited her surname and not her father's... 

Archived