[Drama 2016-2017] Person who gives happiness 행복을 주는 사람, Thansk for support this thread.

0ly40

This week's episode was a bummer. Exhausted!

I hate Ajjumma more than anyone in this drama, but now I am convinced SJ is the worst.  If he was an adult and under the same circumstances, he would have shown no mercy toward to EH and her sister if that is even imaginable.  At least,  Ajjumma showed some guilt (bad dream, etc) time to time.  I am not saying this is something she should be forgiven. Not at all.  But SJ?  Oh boy!  I don't even think he loves HY.  To SJ, his son is only existed to have JK. JK is only wanted HY for fame and monetary gain for herself.  Wow!  I have a better feeling toward to murders than these calculated, evil people, all in the same family.   I can't wait till the judgment date!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, eakeeper said:

This week's episode was a bummer. Exhausted!

I hate Ajjumma more than anyone in this drama, but now I am convinced SJ is the worst.  If he was an adult and under the same circumstances, he would have shown no mercy toward to EH and her sister if that is even imaginable.  At least,  Ajjumma showed some guilt (bad dream, etc) time to time.  I am not saying this is something she should be forgiven. Not at all.  But SJ?  Oh boy!  I don't even think he loves HY.  To SJ, his son is only existed to have JK. JK is only wanted HY for fame and monetary gain for herself.  Wow!  I have a better feeling toward to murders than these calculated, evil people, all in the same family.   I can't wait till the judgment date!

Yes, SJ is the worst kind. The most selfish. He builds his happiness upon others misfortune. He made use of EH to get back his son. He made use of his son the get back YK. It is not a crime or sin to be selfish but I really hope when karma comes to him, he lose both YK and his son. 

10 hours ago, eakeeper said:

I am wondering....

Now, EH is away to get herself together, she will run into her father.  If that happens, she will resent him at first since she believes he abandoned her and her sister. The sooner or later, they will have to let us know if he is dead or alive. 

Hello All, @euraka  Liking your theory but not likely EH would meet her father this soon if she does he maybe sick and have amnesia to early in the drama for him to play amnesic for so long..  No at this point this is were EH and Gw love grows as she grows affection for him.. EH father has to be some where with memoray loss if he came back now crazy ajjumma and SJ would be monitoring him to see if he regains his memory not one of them would want that so before that happens one or the other would try and kill him and SJ is subject to use EH affection for HY to keep tabs on him.. Because SJ knows the minute they finds out that SJ isn't really rich it's out the door JK goes..

7 hours ago, shebagirl said:

EH is a saint, for the sake of HY she decided to walk away from the tussle. This is another round of setback for her after her father's death and Eun Noah's disappearance. Maybe this could be the turning point in her life, a chance meeting with someone, an opportunity to start fresh away from her painful past.

The latest episode is so sad, but not to worry HY will go and search for her one day. The part that baffles me is that JK certainly is void of maternal instinct, HY would normally has this invisible bond for the real mother and vice versa, however long they are apart. Somehow this drama exclude that natural bond that is found with mother and child. This bond is universal.... if the reverse had occurred where HY grew up till adulthood, and found out that EH is not his bio mother, he would go and seek for his real mother even if it was going to take years. That is a natural instinct that is inherent in human .... the invisible bond god gifts to nature. Either writer purposely omits that or put it away for story sake.

Whatever, it is so painful to see that a EH being manipulated at every turn of her life. The housekeeper, ie Mdm Park, cheated her out of her inheritance... and now the son also manipulated the custody of his Son from her. Her only living family, a Eun Nah was also taken away from her in a fire,  supposedly. We have yet to see who among her family will surface, her Father supposedly drowned in the river, or the sister who were lost in the fire. One of them must appear to help her to recover her riches, and later give her the opportunity to stand tall to these people who denied her everything. It is so unfair how lthey have treated her..... just because she has nothing....:bawling:

@shebagirl  EH walk away for HY sake yes but it was the wrong decision, I can understand a custody battle may hurt the child but if you feel wrong to have something you love snatch away in a blink of and eye you will fight.

There is no love between the two Hy don't know what to make of JK and she so used to people catering up to her now she realizes she's no match to HY.. HY and EH is connected by heart and soul blood has nothing to do with this.. JK was never mother material even while she was pregnant.. So my guess is this is were the distance between the two comes from..

Yes Crazy Ajjumma has cheated EH out of every aspect of her life and that Karma is going to come back to them.. It's going to be real bad because HY will run away from home to look for EH and guess who's watch he'll be under JK who is to busy to watch her child thinking she comes first.. If EH manage to find him first they will try and say she kidnap him again ands this is were I see EH and gW turning point will come in at and she decides to fight all of them..

4 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Eun Hee, my heart goes out to her. I want to break whatever is my vicinity seeing JK and SJ's wedded bliss, richard simmons monsters. More of Gun Woo and Eun Hee please. Looks like SJ's doongsaeng has issues with JK.

@Nymeria289  Let them enjoy they short live wedding bliss because it's going to become hell.. Before all is said and done SJ and JK will have no place to show there faces in public or the movie industry no company will hire either one of them..  SJ wanting everyone to give up everything for JK sake while he pampers her will come back and bite him in the azz.. Crazy Ajjumma is already getting the butt of it..  .

50 minutes ago, rikimaiu said:

Yes, SJ is the worst kind. The most selfish. He builds his happiness upon others misfortune. He made use of EH to get back his son. He made use of his son the get back YK. It is not a crime or sin to be selfish but I really hope when karma comes to him, he lose both YK and his son. 

@rikimaiu  SJ did committ both crime and sin his criminal act was against EH & HY.. His sin is also against EH .. SJ defrauded her in this marriage with the intent to use her to get back at JK he plan to tell JK that HY was her child but didn't know when but things happen sooner then he expected..

Yes everyone this has been a horrible week for EH and HY and I don't look for it to get any better next week.. Hy already showing withdrawl symptoms and none of these fools are seeing it.. I see from the preview he even leaves the bedroom that his parents are in and sleeps in SJ office.. Why haven't that office been change into his room I don't get crazy ajjumma.. She's pulling the samething on JK as she did to EH it's just that SJ won;t allow him and JK to sleep in separate beds like EH to try and stop them from making another baby.. But you can best believe she'll be calculating on how to get rid of JK and family again..

Well it was a ruff week I hope everyone have a great weekend.. 

I'm getting real sick of EH and her pity me party, What do she plans to do is stay lock up like a hermit she gave HY up and now her world has come to and end if she plans to be this way just go die..

Well I see she still going to keep rejecting GW and now for what she has no burdens weighing her down to reject him, Slap her Gw I hope he keeps going after her because she's confused and hasn't thought about a sense of direction so may her thinking of you and you guide her because she has no clue and so do I.. I can't figure out what the writer is doing with her character at this point.. It don't make sense for her life to come to a stand still at this point..

One things for sure I'm liking crazy ajjumma is getting just a small fraction of her karma.. Her plan not to register EH and SJ wedding is really bitting her in the but now because JK and her greedy mama is giving her hell..  

13 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

I'm getting real sick of EH and her pity me party, What do she plans to do is stay lock up like a hermit she gave HY up and now her world has come to and end if she plans to be this way just go die..

Well I see she still going to keep rejecting GW and now for what she has no burdens weighing her down to reject him, Slap her Gw I hope he keeps going after her because she's confused and hasn't thought about a sense of direction so may her thinking of you and you guide her because she has no clue and so do I.. I can't figure out what the writer is doing with her character at this point.. It don't make sense for her life to come to a stand still at this point..

One things for sure I'm liking crazy ajjumma is getting just a small fraction of her karma.. Her plan not to register EH and SJ wedding is really bitting her in the but now because JK and her greedy mama is giving her hell..  

I see development in the horizon though, its 120 episodes, getting her together with Gun Woo so fast will cause potential disaster in the form of disapproving parents

Translation of episode 41 preview. 

EH: I told you not to come search for me. 

GW: From now on, I’m not going to come any more.

EH: If I could, I want to forget it all, Gun Woo.

GW: All the times we were together and everything?

EH: I’m sorry.

GW: I was worried. I wondered if you were sick, if things were too hard, so I couldn’t tolerate it. 

EH: I wanted to live diligently, so I hurt your Uncle Gun Woo.

GW: In order to find you, there isn’t any corner of the country that I didn’t go. Every time I heard that someone like you might be there, whether it was evening or early in the morning, I chased after it.

EH: Why did you do that, so needlessly? I want to forget it all. I was using all of my strength to endure it. 

GW: How can you say that you want to part like this? When every day I want to see you.

I was watching a couple of other dailies, but they are all in the full swings of pain and total devastation for the heroine, so I'm finding them hard to watch. Came across this drama, I like the female lead as an actress even though she's been in some dodgy albeit popular dramas. Plus, I'm taken by the sincerity, patience, and perseverance portrayed by the hero. I thought I would contribute some preview translations of this series, if no one minds. I grabbed the included preview from @euraka, so hope you don't mind. I was thinking that it seems that the most painful part of this drama has passed in that the heroine has married the wrong guy who basically dumped her after he got what he wanted, and she's lost her child and her will to live. So, now the hero will help her find her will to live and regain her child once she realizes how much HY is suffering, right? I'm much happier with that then watching the total devastation and suffering part. :) 

One quick question since I'm late to this drama, did EH and GW used to date before EH married SJ? I translated one of GW's lines in the preview as dating since that seem to be indicated though what GW literally asks is whether EH wants to forget all the times that they met. However, "meeting" is frequently a euphemism for dating in the Korean lexicon.

2 hours ago, euraka said:

@stroppyse i don't mind at all thank you for the translation. EW and GW didn't date but they were too close  like family he was there for her every step from the moment she finds HY including naming him for the last six years they were too close 

Thanks for your response. If they were that close for 6 years, why didn't they date? Did the drama ever give a reason? Also, in the preview, when GW is cupping EH's face, it looked rather intimate. I understand that GW has feelings for EH, but does EH not have any romantic feelings for GW? 

@stroppyse welcome on board Chingu, I think I may understand which weekend drama you're referring to. ....I occasionally check that one from time to time.

About Eun Hee, they didn't date but he was there for her every step of the way while she raised HY.....too many shared memories, that is what she meant

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for your response. If they were that close for 6 years, why didn't they date? Did the drama ever give a reason? Also, in the preview, when GW is cupping EH's face, it looked rather intimate. I understand that GW has feelings for EH, but does EH not have any romantic feelings for GW? 

They've known for each other 6-7 years, just about the time when EH adapt HY. So, they are going back ways.  I believe it was love at first sight on GW's part.  But, he didn't admit his feelings until SJ knew HY was his son and ask EH to marry him. (Of course, now we know SJ has his own agenda for asking EH to marry him - to have HY register as his son and dump EH).  Right about the same time, GW asked EH to marry him and told her that he loves her and always been in love with her.  But EH said no. Not because she doesn't love him.  She said 'No' because she thinks he deserves someone more on same level/class (whatever she thought it maybe) match GW.  

So, yes, your reading was correct. GW really loves her despite his families (his sister and his father) against GW seeing EH.

15 hours ago, sava2sava said:

LOL

I was beginning to feel the same way about EH's.  If she is giving up on HY, she didn't have to leave the town. She can just let HY live with SJ and JK.  EH leaving the town and not telling her best friend and GW didn't make any sense at all.  I know she did that so that HY doesn't come looking for her.  But, HY is young and she didn't have to leave the town to avoid HY come looking.  All she has to do is to tell HY that she is going to be out of town and HY will not know any difference and she didn't have to create this 'drama'.   

I know... I know...  EH is thinking about how HY will feel if he knew his own mother dump him right after birth, which it will come out if she is taking this matter to the court. But, doesn't she know the lies that SJ and JK were telling the reporter that EH stole HY away from the biological parents hurts him as much as JK (bio-mom) didn't want him?  

The story of this drama was going pretty well, but I can feel it now that it is starting to dragging the same story episode after episode.  

8 minutes ago, eakeeper said:

LOL

I was beginning to feel the same way about EH's.  If she is giving up on HY, she didn't have to leave the town. She can just let HY live with SJ and JK.  EH leaving the town and not telling her best friend and GW didn't make any sense at all.  I know she did that so that HY doesn't come looking for her.  But, HY is young and she didn't have to leave the town to avoid HY come looking.  All she has to do is to tell HY that she is going to be out of town and HY will not know any difference and she didn't have to create this 'drama'.   

I know... I know...  EH is thinking about how HY will feel if he knew his own mother dump him right after birth, which it will come out if she is taking this matter to the court. But, doesn't she know the lies that SJ and JK were telling the reporter that EH stole HY away from the biological parents hurts him as much as JK (bio-mom) didn't want him?  

The story of this drama was going pretty well, but I can feel it now that it is starting to dragging the same story episode after episode.  

So, perhaps now is a good time for me to start watching if it's been dragging for a bit so that it's not repetitious for me? :) 

Anyway, I thought that EH left town not just for HY's sake so that he wouldn't see her around, but for her own sake, because being in town, she would be too tempted to go seek HY out albeit secretly. Also, everything reminded her of HY and she knew that she needed to do something other than be paralyzed thinking of him. That was my take anyway. The problem with that, of course, is that she's not there to see how miserable HY is right now. SJ and his family have noticed, but they all think that HY has to be with SJ anyway, so are not able to help HY see EH in any way. And, of course, SJ is a total Richard Simmons who doesn't actually care about HY except for using him.  I do wonder if SJ's mother is ever going to come around to understanding that HY is happiest and the best when he's with EH. SJ and his family could still be a part of HY's life and it would mean that later on when HY is older, he may be more willing to have a closer relationship with them. In his current state, though, I would think that HY would try to move away from them as quickly as he can as an adult, given that they just represent misery for him. At least, SJ's mother has noticed that whereas EH lived for HY, his birth mother couldn't really be bothered with him if it interferes with her own interests or concerns. HY's birth mother really does want HY to be an accessory, handy when she needs him for the cameras, but quiet and tucked away when she doesn't. I think SJ's mother and SJ's wife both deserve each other. I just hope that now SJ has exactly what he wants, it'll make him miserable. That's petty of me, I guess, but he's a fictional character, and he's portrayed as a rotten, callous father, so why not. 

So I finally caught up to ep 39 [where the subs currently stop]. I cannot be the only one who is super annoyed with EH for just leaving HY right? Is she going insane from grief?! How can she think that poor little boy is just going to up and forget her if she leaves? Ugh.

Hopefully GW is able to talk some sense into her and get her fighting spirit back though. I miss the EH with a backbone who fought to keep HY even when crazy ahjumma did her best to talk her out of it. Besides, I'm dying to see the EH/GW romance finally gets started. I've seen signs of it in the last 10 eps or so but it's not nearly enough to satisfy me. :lol: 

And crazy ahjumma.... I never thought there would be a villain in this drama worse than her; I was wrong. That apple [SJ] sure didn't fall far from the tree did it? He and JK are made for each other. :angry:

Honestly, I think EH isn't going to come to her senses until HY breaks down during a televised interview or something. You know that'll end up happening eventually. That poor kid is reaching a breaking point. :tears:

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@stroppyse  Only romantic feelings EH has ever has for anyone was for SJ.. Now that the family has used her to no ends and all the one sided love for SJ has been wasted.. I know she married him for HY sake but she slightly was getting her wish also.. Now she has no one to blame for her stupidity but herself.. She wants to dewell in her pity party let her but she's going to have to face the hurt head on and stop running away she can never overcome her plight by hiding..

However once Gw brings her back and they starts to date this is going to send SJ in a panic mold him and crazy ajjumma. They will try everything in there powers to find out what she's up to and to stop her from marrying GW.. As of now JK has no rights to the child Eh has more of a say of Hy then she does even with her being with the bio mom.. The thing is the child will be leaving home to go to EH because she's the only one thats ever been a mom to him..

So it's going to be interesting to see how Gw brings her back and get her to see him as a man that she can be with and depend on then we have GW so called sister who has a onesided crush on him.. So I can see all parties ganging up on her.. At said point and time EH isn't going to have room in her life to run and hide because her happiness and self worth will be at stake and if she wants to keep her sanity she's going to have to stand up and fight, Fight them all From SJ Jk both crazy Halmonis down to Gw sister she's going to have to teach these people she's nothing to be wrecken with..

Somehow I think it will be JK mom that finds out what SJ mom did to EH and family back then and may call her on it and EH over hears it.. Something got to start that brain thinking..

I'm hoping once EH dad comes back Crazy Ajjumma get a does of her own lesson she gets rip off for trusting someone, I want her to put those buildings she has accumulated with EH family money in hock and her restuarant.. Oh let's not forget the house.. Her greed know no end when it comes to SJ and HY having the best.. She wants them to be known in society.. And thanks to her they will become known in society..

1 hour ago, eakeeper said:

@eakeeper  I'm not finding it draggy, This much is to be aspected they have painted EH as the bad person telling that she stole the child and I used "stole" as the key word SJ was totally wtong for this.. SJ mother is going to get feed up with JK and her mom she just hasn't figured out what to do about it all parties will come running to EH for help once custody for HY comes into play.. Jk mom wants the child for there next meal ticket.. Sj is going to want the child to try and hang on to JK knowing that mom isn't going to have it.. So we can look forward to a big custody case.. All there dirty laundry will come flying out all EH will have to do is sit back and watch.. Trying to hide HY being abandon from him isn't going to work because he will find out that EH never stole him they threw him away and HY is smart enough to know what that means.. Another phase of hurt he will go through and run back to EH.. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I think SJ's mother and SJ's wife both deserve each other. I just hope that now SJ has exactly what he wants, it'll make him miserable. That's petty of me, I guess, but he's a fictional character, and he's portrayed as a rotten, callous father, so why not. 

@stroppyse  WELL SAID, SJ will get his just desert, He will end up miserable, His life isn't going to be the pretty picture that he painted all looks fine to him now but he got 4 women thats going to be in his ear and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it,, He's going to realize his mistakes one by one.. My bad welocome aboard  

@phikyl  This is the sad part of it all none are really noticing how much this child is suffering.. Sj thinks giving him his bio mom would solve the problem but actually it has made it worst..

9 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

This is the sad part of it all none are really noticing how much this child is suffering.. Sj thinks giving him his bio mom would solve the problem but actually it has made it worst..

Agreed. How can they just tell him [basically] "EH is not your mother, JK is. Get over it?" He's a child! You snatched him from the only mother he's ever known and given him to one that wants to use him to increase her fame!

HY is not dumb. In fact, he's much more sensitive than most kids. It's the reason he's such a good actor. He knows JK doesn't actually want to be a mother to him because he's already felt what it's like to have a REAL mother. And they expect him to just accept JK and her crocodile tears?! pfft!

Seriously. Watching that kid cry in the last couple eps was breaking my heart. He's miserable. And because SJ is a terrible father, he either doesn't notice or just doesn't care. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm glad that GW is still working behind the scenes to get a case set up for EH to get HY back though. I really hope EH starts seeing GW for the man he is soon; a solid rock that she can always count on. I don't expect their romance to move quickly since we've got plenty of eps to fill yet, but I'd like to start seeing EH show some serious feelings for GW. 

I'm kind of rooting for Coupon and EH's best friend too. :lol: 

1 hour ago, phikyl said:

Agreed. How can they just tell him [basically] "EH is not your mother, JK is. Get over it?" He's a child! You snatched him from the only mother he's ever known and given him to one that wants to use him to increase her fame!

HY is not dumb. In fact, he's much more sensitive than most kids. It's the reason he's such a good actor. He knows JK doesn't actually want to be a mother to him because he's already felt what it's like to have a REAL mother. And they expect him to just accept JK and her crocodile tears?! pfft!

Seriously. Watching that kid cry in the last couple eps was breaking my heart. He's miserable. And because SJ is a terrible father, he either doesn't notice or just doesn't care. I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm glad that GW is still working behind the scenes to get a case set up for EH to get HY back though. I really hope EH starts seeing GW for the man he is soon; a solid rock that she can always count on. I don't expect their romance to move quickly since we've got plenty of eps to fill yet, but I'd like to start seeing EH show some serious feelings for GW. 

I'm kind of rooting for Coupon and EH's best friend too. :lol: 

Exactly, I want Eun Hee to actually see that Gun Woo is there for her and has always been there and I would also like her to start working towards becoming stronger.

Archived