[Drama 2016-2017] Person who gives happiness 행복을 주는 사람, Thansk for support this thread.

0ly40

Seeiking JK's mother be nice to HY after she didn't even bother washing or properly covering the baby and dumping her in front of SJ's mother's house makes my skin crawl. Also, its pretty apparent that neither SJ nor JK have any sort of paternal/maternal love for the child. They are both just getting what they want through HY, that's it. I hope to God, karma gets them properly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved todays episode, SJ mom getting just what she deserves in a DIL.. JK wash rice with dish water and SJ thought it was cure and funny.. I hope ajjumma continue to wake her up at the crack of dawn to cook..

5 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Seeiking JK's mother be nice to HY after she didn't even bother washing or properly covering the baby and dumping her in front of SJ's mother's house makes my skin crawl. Also, its pretty apparent that neither SJ nor JK have any sort of paternal/maternal love for the child. They are both just getting what they want through HY, that's it. I hope to God, karma gets them properly.

@Nymeria239, Ok they karma is coming and from the looks of the preview it's already starting.. I think just because HY mentioning he missed EH on Tv made JK SJ or maybe both mad.. I see he's in the room crying the little boy is going to have and emotional breakdown..  And it's sad that none of these people see it.. All parties involved are using this child one way or another.. Crazy ajjumma holding on to him to keep her son with her SJ to hold onto Jk.. Jk mom to link Jk to Sj so called money and Jk to help her enhance her career.. Poor child has no one to show love and affection to him but EH and GW    

You know, I wonder if HY will ever want to act again after all of this. He went into it because he loved it but that's the reason all of this hardship started for him. Talk about tainting one of the few things he loves. :tears: 

I'm actually hoping we get to see some of the aftermath of the custody battle [and not just in the last episode] because I'd like to see GW/EH building HY back up into the happy little boy he was before this whole mess started. 

Edit: Took out a part of my thought process, while watching, that I decided should not be included. 

26 minutes ago, phikyl said:

You know, I wonder if HY will ever want to act again after all of this. He went into it because he loved it but that's the reason all of this hardship started for him. Talk about tainting one of the few things he loves. :tears: 

I'm actually hoping we get to see some of the aftermath of the custody battle [and not just in the last episode] because I'd like to see GW/EH building HY back up into the happy little boy he was before this whole mess started. 

At times I find myself hoping that EH/GW will kidnap him [for real this time] and go into hiding in some other part of the world to live as a family. GW has the money to pull it off. It's wrong of me to hope that, I know, but HY would be much happier and I hate seeing him in pain like this.  

I think the drama will handle it that once he is reunited with EH/GW, he'll become the happy child he once was. He'll probably still have security issues, however, at being abandoned by the two people he loved and trusted the most, however. At least, he would if it were RL.

I would also like to see EH/GW get HY back sooner rather than later, then see a custody battle with all the fallout from that. I could see SJ's mother and JK's mother having to team up to try to keep HY, actually, which will make it hard on both women as well as SJ and JK. Just because they're forced to be allies won't mean that they like each other. If anything, they'll have to deal with each other more which will heighten their dislike and discomfort. As a viewer, I would enjoy seeing them be ever more miserable because of each other. Not to mention, sooner or later, SJ is going to wake up to the fact that he's married a totally selfish and helpless girl. He's so used to his mother catering to his every needs that he undervalues all that she's done for him, and not necessarily just the big things like stealing EH's family money, but also the daily tasks of cleaning, laundry, cooking, running a home, as well as managing the business and the family finances. It is ridiculous that SJ is married, and yet both he and his wife would expect SJ's mother to keep doing/handling all that while they just live like a teenage couple albeit with sex. I wonder if JK is taking birth control to prevent another pregnancy, even though she's married to SJ since that might be bad for her career. 

I don't want EH/GW to kidnap HY because of the issues with long term consequences, but I do hope that the show finds a way to bring HY back with EH before the custody battle starts, assuming there is a custody battle. It's hard to watch HY suffering while the adults in his life ignore his misery or can't bring themselves to do anything about it. They just assume that it's a matter of time before he'll bond to his birth mother and be happy with her, but that's just their hopeful fantasy. Plus, SJ doesn't give a fig for his son anyway, as long as he's in place in order to keep JK. Though, now that he's married to JK and had what he wants, I wonder if he would really be all that opposed to letting HY go to EH. He seems to treat HY as an interference in his lovey dovey relationship to JK when he can even be bothered to pay attention to HY. I don't think he's done anything for several episodes now other than scold HY for not being a loving child to JK whenever he does interact with HY.

I just started watching, but I'm already frustrated with EH. Going away won't erase the memories or feelings that one has. Rather than allowing the other people who love her to be with her so that they can comfort each other, she's running away to try to forget her memories? That is just such a ridiculous statement. Also, I still feel that she gave up HY too easily to SJ and JK. Shouldn't the comfort and happiness of her child come first, before the adults' desires to become closer to said child? And, then not to follow up to see that he is happy. I can see the decision to try to give him a chance to bond with his birth parents, though she knew that it wasn't going that well with SJ anyway. However, I don't see how she could not, at least, surreptitiously keep tabs on the child to make sure that at least he is adjusting. In the broadcasts that HY has been doing, people keep commenting on how he's lost weight and looks sad. EH has abandoned HY completely, though, so won't even notice that. 

I also hate how she keeps pushing GW away, when GW is all sincere tenderness and concern. I had to laugh a bit at GW, though, because even though he declares that he'll stay away from EH form now on, it seems he continues to go seek her out for one reason or another both in today's episode and in the preview. :) Still, I like GW and I want him to be happy. So, because I like GW and HY, I want them to be a family with EH. Once she pulls her head out of the sandpit of her own mind, she'll be a loving wife and is already a loving mother.

Not sure if I started watching this drama too early since EH is still being irrational, or at a good point since at least the OTP has reconnected and now need to start building a relationship. As long as EH doesn't run away again or say too many things, I'm happy to watch GW and HY trying in their own ways to get EH back. 

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think the drama will handle it that once he is reunited with EH/GW, he'll become the happy child he once was. He'll probably still have security issues, however, at being abandoned by the two people he loved and trusted the most, however. At least, he would if it were RL.

I would also like to see EH/GW get HY back sooner rather than later, then see a custody battle with all the fallout from that. I could see SJ's mother and JK's mother having to team up to try to keep HY, actually, which will make it hard on both women as well as SJ and JK. Just because they're forced to be allies won't mean that they like each other. If anything, they'll have to deal with each other more which will heighten their dislike and discomfort. As a viewer, I would enjoy seeing them be ever more miserable because of each other. Not to mention, sooner or later, SJ is going to wake up to the fact that he's married a totally selfish and helpless girl. He's so used to his mother catering to his every needs that he undervalues all that she's done for him, and not necessarily just the big things like stealing EH's family money, but also the daily tasks of cleaning, laundry, cooking, running a home, as well as managing the business and the family finances. It is ridiculous that SJ is married, and yet both he and his wife would expect SJ's mother to keep doing/handling all that while they just live like a teenage couple albeit with sex. I wonder if JK is taking birth control to prevent another pregnancy, even though she's married to SJ since that might be bad for her career. 

I don't want EH/GW to kidnap HY because of the issues with long term consequences, but I do hope that the show finds a way to bring HY back with EH before the custody battle starts, assuming there is a custody battle. It's hard to watch HY suffering while the adults in his life ignore his misery or can't bring themselves to do anything about it. They just assume that it's a matter of time before he'll bond to his birth mother and be happy with her, but that's just their hopeful fantasy. Plus, SJ doesn't give a fig for his son anyway, as long as he's in place in order to keep JK. Though, now that he's married to JK and had what he wants, I wonder if he would really be all that opposed to letting HY go to EH. He seems to treat HY as an interference in his lovey dovey relationship to JK when he can even be bothered to pay attention to HY. I don't think he's done anything for several episodes now other than scold HY for not being a loving child to JK whenever he does interact with HY.

I just started watching, but I'm already frustrated with EH. Going away won't erase the memories or feelings that one has. Rather than allowing the other people who love her to be with her so that they can comfort each other, she's running away to try to forget her memories? That is just such a ridiculous statement. Also, I still feel that she gave up HY too easily to SJ and JK. Shouldn't the comfort and happiness of her child come first, before the adults' desires to become closer to said child? And, then not to follow up to see that he is happy. I can see the decision to try to give him a chance to bond with his birth parents, though she knew that it wasn't going that well with SJ anyway. However, I don't see how she could not, at least, surreptitiously keep tabs on the child to make sure that at least he is adjusting. In the broadcasts that HY has been doing, people keep commenting on how he's lost weight and looks sad. EH has abandoned HY completely, though, so won't even notice that. 

I also hate how she keeps pushing GW away, when GW is all sincere tenderness and concern. I had to laugh a bit at GW, though, because even though he declares that he'll stay away from EH form now on, it seems he continues to go seek her out for one reason or another both in today's episode and in the preview. :) Still, I like GW and I want him to be happy. So, because I like GW and HY, I want them to be a family with EH. Once she pulls her head out of the sandpit of her own mind, she'll be a loving wife and is already a loving mother.

Not sure if I started watching this drama too early since EH is still being irrational, or at a good point since at least the OTP has reconnected and now need to start building a relationship. As long as EH doesn't run away again or say too many things, I'm happy to watch GW and HY trying in their own ways to get EH back. 

I suggest watching some early episodes, the amount of care and how HY came into EH's life is beautiful...........Just skip JK, SJ, both Halmoni's where you can and it'll be good. EH also frustrates me but I think she truly still believes that SJ is a good father. She doesn't know what a shitty, selfish, careless human being he is and the fact that he has close to zero paternal genes to rouse an appropriate response on his body. I too am waiting for SJ to realize what he has married and what he has invited in his home. I can't wait when he truly realizes the extent of his wrong choices hoping that we go there. Its only a matter of time before JK starts showing and changing her color to bare her true hollow core, souless monster that she is to him.

Preview and translation for episode 42.

GW: I might look for a room somewhere near here. You staying here by yourself makes me worried. 

Restaurant Owner: Aren’t you going to run a business? If you are, you should take over this restaurant and run it. 

EH: Why are you doing this?

Rest. Owner: You said that you’ve lived a hard life. You could earn some money and gain a solid footing as well. 

So Jong: There’s something going on with GW these days, isn’t there? 

GW’s friend: So Jong keeps asking over and over about you. She’s quick to notice things, so it’s only a matter of time before you’re found out.

GW: Don’t you want to see Ha Yeon?

EH: Much, much later, when Ha Yeon is about to go into the army, I’m going to meet him about then.

28 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I don't want EH/GW to kidnap HY because of the issues with long term consequences

Oh, I totally agree with this but when we see scenes of HY crying alone in the office at night [after being kicked out of the bedroom] I can't help but hope he would be reunited with EH/GW asap. ./sigh.

More than anything, I just want EH to wake up and see what this is doing to her son. She needs to start fighting for him and his happiness because she's the only one who prioritizes that. 

14 minutes ago, spring123 said:

EH should marry GW and have her own children

I agree that EH should marry GW, and that they should have their own children, also. However, given that both EH and GW love HY and have been there for him since birth, and they are the family that HY knows and trusts the most, I want EH and GW to get HY as well. HY will continue to have a relationship with SJ and JK, but for his day to day, if he could be with EH and GW, I still think that would be best for HY. And, also, it would be best for HY's relationship with SJ and JK in the future as well, as he'll be able to view them in a happier frame of mind rather than hating/resenting them the entire time that he's growing up. 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Preview and translation for episode 42.

GW: I might look for a room somewhere near here. You staying here by yourself makes me worried. 

Restaurant Owner: Aren’t you going to run a business? If you are, you should take over this restaurant and run it. 

EH: Why are you doing this?

Rest. Owner: You said that you’ve lived a hard life. You could earn some money and gain a solid footing as well. 

So Jong: There’s something going on with GW these days, isn’t there? 

GW’s friend: So Jong keeps asking over and over about you. She’s quick to notice things, so it’s only a matter of time before you’re found out.

GW: Don’t you want to see Ha Yeon?

EH: Much, much later, when Ha Yeon is about to go into the army, I’m going to meet him about then.

Thanks stroppyse for the translation.

@stroppyse Thanks for the preview translations also sorry to cut your post..

EH also frustrates me but I think she truly still believes that SJ is a good father. She doesn't know what a shitty, selfish, careless human being he is and the fact that he has close to zero paternal genes to rouse an appropriate response on his body. I too am waiting for SJ to realize what he has married and what he has invited in his home. I can't wait when he truly realizes the extent of his wrong choices hoping that we go there. Its only a matter of time before JK starts showing and changing her color to bare her true hollow core, souless monster that she is to him.

@stroppyse & @Nymeria289  Not assuming there's going to be a custody battle that's already in the makings.. Sj can't force Hy to love Jk because he loves her.. It's something about her that HY don't take to and being a child none of these stupid people hasn't noticed it.. Just because mommy and daddy and child are reunited don't mean that it's a happy family.. The longer these blind idiots keeps behaving the way and the less they do the more the child will be affected.. HY is going to overhear Crazy Ajjumma saying something into the affects about how they got rid of EH and it's going to turn HY against her.. I just hate after all they scheming Crazy Ajjumma shouldn't even be throwing EH up into JK face leave her out of this because you and son ask for this.. JK is right in telling her not to compare them..(Divorce starting words) 

This marriage was doomed from day one.. JK and SJ is two selfish people both only has whats in the best interest for them they could both careless what factor HY plays in this.. Jk and both crazy Ajjumas is going to ruin his (SJ) happy marriage which he will deserve.. The custody battle is going to start when it comes time for JK and SJ to divorce and they are the ones thats going to bring EH into it.. During the custody battle they're going to probably place HY in EH care until they could determine where the child goes and this could be were EH and Gw can take the child from them all.. (Because they all or selfish people and only wants HY with them for there own benefit) I do see the boy hospitalized from emotional stress, And it's going to get worst when HY starts to scream for his mom EH.. First they have told the boy that she stole him next is to brainwash the boy that she abandon him which she did.. But no courts will place a child with such people because none has really never shown love for him..

When the custody battle start SJ and Crazy Ajjumma already has strikes against them for entering into a fraudulent marriage in order to gain custody of the boy and JK and mom has strikes against them for abandoning him at birth.. This is how HY will learn all the bad things they told him about EH is a lie and Crazy Ajjumma won't be seen as a good G/ma because she lied to him and he's going to tell her he hates her..  

So little small things thats happening now are just the start the tip of the ice berg will be when they all realize that being together isn't good for HY and somebody is going to have to leave and JK will be the one to want to opt out.. SJ will get rid of Hy if it could keep him and JK together.. Another thing thats going to help esculate things when the divorce settlement comes into play.. It's either going to be JK leaves the marriage and takes property with her which Crazy Ajjumma is going to refuse to give up.. Not after the way she got it.. Sj is going to refuse to give JK up and JK is going to want nothing but out of the marriage and SJ life including HY.. SJ will hate his son..    

I'm not going to like the fact that EH may waver a little bit at SJ request of being a family again because of her lingering love for him.. But I think she will know to leave SJ and love out of the equation when it comes to HY.. Because SJ will come running to her again for help.. He made is bed he needs to lay in it she has went throgh misery of being used and missing Hy and not being able to see him it's no more then far that all these selfish people suffer to..  

4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@stroppyse

I'm not going to like the fact that EH may waver a little bit at SJ request of being a family again because of her lingering love for him.. But I think she will know to leave SJ and love out of the equation when it comes to HY.. Because SJ will come running to her again for help.. He made is bed he needs to lay in it she has went throgh misery of being used and missing Hy and not being able to see him it's no more then far that all these selfish people suffer to..  

Nice post @sava2sava, hope at least some of your speculations come true. Sorry to cut your post short, but wanted to comment on this bit. If EH goes back to SJ at all, for any reason, after what he's done to her and to HY, then EH is not stupid, but dangerously stupid, and not thinking of HY very much. I guess EH had a crush on SJ from awhile back. She needs to get over any of the those lingering feelings if she has any left, so that she can focus on what HY truly needs to be happy as well as what she needs in order to sustain her. That way, she also won't be prone to self-pity and pushing aside or running away from the people who truly love her and want to help her. 

58 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Nice post @sava2sava, hope at least some of your speculations come true. Sorry to cut your post short, but wanted to comment on this bit. If EH goes back to SJ at all, for any reason, after what he's done to her and to HY, then EH is not stupid, but dangerously stupid, and not thinking of HY very much. I guess EH had a crush on SJ from awhile back. She needs to get over any of the those lingering feelings if she has any left, so that she can focus on what HY truly needs to be happy as well as what she needs in order to sustain her. That way, she also won't be prone to self-pity and pushing aside or running away from the people who truly love her and want to help her. 

@stroppyse  I'm hoping that EH builds her life from the restaurant the lady is giving to her.. It could only help her later when custody comes into play because the first thing will be said is she wants him back because of he can make a living for the both of them.. Having her own business and the same profession as SJ mom puts her on there level.. Also another thing she'll have going for her is she's young and can keep up with his everyday life and schedules.. I'm kind of seeing where the writer is going with the story now.. Part of it is how one person went thorough a painful past from the expense of others and how she reaches happiness and give happiness to others.. But if this is how EH bounces back I'm all for it..  As of now none seems to care what EH is up to and I'm liking that but between GW and crazy Ajjumma.. They both are going to cause trouble for EH business..

Now when it comes to Gw dad I think he would like EH especially knowing her plight he would like her more.. I think he's going to like the fact because of the heart she has he would help her and Gw gets custody of HY.. This could be how it's found out if Gw sister is really his sister and her onesided crush for him..

My speculation do make for and interesting story..  

We know the story won't end here as far as EH giving up on HY.   EH needs a "wake-up" call. She is trying to convince herself she is doing the right thing for HY now, but  I think something (like an accident or he is sick from the stress of losing his mom) happens to HY and he is hospitalized, then, EH will run to him in a second.

I hope these crying scenes of HY and EH doesn't continue much longer.

Am trying not to be a wet blanket here, but issues of an adopted child is always complicated. In this drama, the culprits are the two grandmothers. Since none of the children can take them to be responsible for abandoning HY as an infant, the fault will not be pointed to the either family. As in the case of EH, she really2 thought that HY Mother died, as was lied to by SJ, so she agreed to marry him to remain a Mother to HY. If she had known that the Mother was alive she would not have agreed to the proposal. So at every decision she made, she was lied to by evil Mdm Park n SJ. Seeing that, gave her two options, fight on or leave the scene. She left to enable her to recover from a broken heart and mind. She didn't want to be reminded of the painful separation from HY. Rightly so, because in many cases a child will always be given back to the rightful parents. As I mentioned earlier, since SJ had no knowledge that he fathered a child, he stand to gain in court. Especially in Korea, paternal rights is so strong, as we have always witness in so many drama. If in western world, upon adoption, the papers would include clauses like 'in an unlikely event a parent claimed the child '... this will be the situation. Remember, HY was not given up for adoption, found abandoned. The Mother legally forfeited her rights to keep HY, but SJ has the upper hand to custody.

Frankly, when EH said she intend to meet HY when he is older, seems very noble of her. She did not want to affect the 'family unit' that is so important in many Asian countries. It is expected for HY to feel loss and upset, made worse by the nonchalant behaviour of the two inexperienced, selfish real parents. If it come to light that the two grandmothers are the ones at fault for his being uncared for at birth, the court will look at HY case in a new light. Then again, it would be a family scandal, so usually it tend to be shuffled under the carpet, unless there are feuds between the two families. The blame game will make it easier for HY to revert back to EH. 

I am very curious to see how the writer brings back HY to the fold of the adopted mum, that is EH. 

Thing about the adoption is....he has bonded to eh. He won't bond with jk. The custody fight is coming and she/jk will lose because of the fraudulent marriage. She would have had greater chance of gaining by without marriage, but like his mother his pride got in the way. Eh will regain custody with the help of he. Jk will drop she because she thinks him as a boy toy only....he didn't make her career so she has no need for him so she will be returning to eh or at least try to.

eh missing sister I believe you guys are correct in your theories about her. 

Ultimately both families of an/jk will be left in ruins because each person has done wrong and still continue to do wrong.

@shebagirl: Agreed that the issue of adopting is messy although I don’t think JK herself stands any chance since she knew about HY and still abandoned him. At the beginning of this, I was ok with SJ/EH&GW sharing custody of HY since SJ didn’t know about him to begin with. But now, I don’t think that would be in HY’s best interest.

SJ has shown himself to have no interest in HY other than how he can help SJ be with JK. Now that goal has been achieved and SJ has been quite mean to a child that he should have been over the moon to be with. I'm hoping [and it's highly likely because drama world] that SJ will end up with zero custody of HY because he would be harmful to HY's mental health. 

My poor HY. :tears: I can't take his mental breakdown for much longer. It's killing me. 

Archived