[Drama 2016-2017] Person who gives happiness 행복을 주는 사람, Thansk for support this thread.

0ly40

In episode 30 JK's mum told SK about his Mother threats. Even pointing to her disreputable past. So she didn't want to let SK know that JK was pregnant then after that unfortunate war of words between them. Now that HY is in the limelight, they are worried that the gossip would tarnish both families, that put SK in a dilemma. His actions showed that he still loves her, more so now after hearing SK tearing the whole time while caring HY. We can see now that she has shut that part of her life and refused at first to acknowledge HY as the son. Rightly or wrongly, she must have erased that painful years and went on ahead with her career. 

She had to do it to save her livelihood being a child actress at that. She cannot afford a tainted past to be an actress I suppose in South Korea. Anywhere else in the world, it is not a stigma. Just look at the late Zsa Zsa Gabor she had many husbands, and still famous. She even quipped...I am a good housekeeper, when I leave my husbands, I keep the house... priceless words.... Hee Hee Hee.     

These events will be the beginning of the battle for keeping HY to the Seo family. With or without JK, SK stands a better chance since he had registered HY in his family registry.  He did that first before even registering his marriage. It would be difficult for EH to get HY unless all the dirty linen is out in the public... about who abandoned whom. Both grandmas have a lot to answer. 

I do not know whether the law in Korea will fault SK since he was not aware of HY existence until informed by his Mother. He is blameless, and a strong contender to get custody of HY. Unless a clause is written where a child can go to court and plead his case to stay with adopted mother  on reason that she is the 'person that gives happiness' to him, as the title of the drama indicate. Then again this is Kdrama land, where rules and logic sometimes do not apply......

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

I do not know whether the law in Korea will fault SK since he was not aware of HY existence until informed by his Mother. He is blameless, and a strong contender to get custody of HY. Unless a clause is written where a child can go to court and plead his case to stay with adopted mother  on reason that she is the 'person that gives happiness' to him, as the title of the drama indicate. Then again this is Kdrama land, where rules and logic sometimes do not apply......

@shebagirl  I think this is whats going to happen, SJ will be up on charges of marriage fraud and hopefully EH will have filled a lawsuit on the mother and son duo.. I do see the court asking the child who would he want to live with and HY naming Gw and EH because it's the only time he's was truly happy in his life.. EH allowed him to act because he liked it but she never pressured him.. Crazy Ajjumma is going to make him stop acting because she's going to make him study which he's not going to like and JK will loose him because she don't want to be tainted and her abandonment of him her mother abandon him as well both G/mas abandon the boy.. So yes I could see the courts asking Hy the question to who he wants to live with and he's picking EH because she's the only one that has shown him true love.. Even marrying a man that don't love her for his sake...  

@sava2sava SJ will not be charged for marriage fraud since EH was a willing party. He could have given up after finding out the horrible things his Mother did to Eun Hee and Eun Nah ... took the father's money and left him for dead at the bridge. He would be too ashamed when truth surfaced and that realised that EH deserved HY more than him...? Admittedly this is not the normal psyche of a Korean father, so HY could be the deciding factor here.  

After watching the latest raw, am disgusted at Mdm Seo. She assaulted JK after seeing her Son walked into the house. There are too many physical abuse in Kdrama somehow, how is that an elderly person can just slap anyone just because she was angry at the young girl. I would report her for physical abuse and assault. JK just stood there and walked away .... I am aghast that Mdm Seo had the cheek to inflict hurt when she herself is an evil and bad lady. Oooooooh .... am so angry...!!!

1 hour ago, shebagirl said:

After watching the latest raw, am disgusted at Mdm Seo. She assaulted JK after seeing her Son walked into the house. There are too many physical abuse in Kdrama somehow, how is that an elderly person can just slap anyone just because she was angry at the young girl. I would report her for physical abuse and assault. JK just stood there and walked away .... I am aghast that Mdm Seo had the cheek to inflict hurt when she herself is an evil and bad lady. Oooooooh .... am so angry...!!!

@shebagirl  I had to glance through todays episode skipping many scenes..  I have to hurry and shower to step out but I was looking forward to todays episods..Did Gw stop EH from finding SJ and JK together and also do you think from the looks of things that from the preview EH is looking on the internet is she finding out about JK and maybe crzay Ajjumma had those pictures of SJ and JK uploaded on the internet. But do you think she'll put two and two together and figures out who HY mom is.. Seems like crazy ajjumma is using her to stop DJ rage against her.. She would let EH get the blunt of it all.. It's time for this girl to wke up..   

See you later in the evening guys..

• Chellsee pinned this topic
  • Guest unpinned this topic

Finally it's some truths coming to EH and SJ admiiting to her that JK is HY mom and now she knows that she's been used by SJ and crazu ajjumma. Now EH is ready to fight she told him she's HY mom..  Now she knows that the family is not rose colored as she thought ajjumma coming home and finding everything gone SJ left a couple of days before and now EH will GW comes to EH rescue..

I see how this drama is going to end....SJ may be head over heels in love with JK, but JK is simply using him. Right now JK even if she claims her son the fact that she abandoned him and suddenly returns for him because of his stardom...yeah her life is over.  I have no doubt that EH/GW with HY in the end. JK is going to give up because as I have said SJ/JK will succeed in getting HY from EH, but the psychological effect on the boy is going to be sever that htey will have no other choice but to return him. It will be at this time that GW will start going after SJ because let's face it....sj and his mother deserve the karma that awaits them. I see the end that JK/SJ will prolly wind up together watching HY being happy with his family from afar....

I feel JK is not the villain here, well at least for now. She never wanted to have anything to do with HY even from birth. She was very hurt by SJ mother unkind and cruel words to her when she was pregnant with HY. After the birth, she sort of erased that awful incident, and lied to SJ about being months away. She went through a such agony, that when HY surfaced she didn't want to have anything to do with the child. She must have done a 'shut down' to her maternal instinct and also towards SJ. It was the write up that surfaced about her being taken off as a model and the recent gossip tormented her. It was SJ insistence and continuous presence that are now making her to look at HY differently. SJ loves her despite his mother 's strong objection.

To me, the two grandmas are the evils people, one who thinks too highly of herself, despite knowing fully well her  money was ill gotten. The other grandma is an opportunist, lives off the fame and money from JK hard work. Even in the present situation after JK met HY, she wants to exploit the reunion as a 'love story'.  Both are to be put up on a stake and rot......

Am Glad that a SJ pointed to evil Mother that she should not look down on JK, they were poor too once he said. He also said that he was surprised they had the sudden riches after the death of EH Father. He knew his Mother was not an honest person, and had done something bad. She did it for SJ, evil Mother explained, to which he replied that it was suffocating her grip on him. That further proved that the two lovers are themselves victims of the feuds between these two horrid women.

9 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

I feel JK is not the villain here, well at least for now. She never wanted to have anything to do with HY even from birth. She was very hurt by SJ mother unkind and cruel words to her when she was pregnant with HY. After the birth, she sort of erased that awful incident, and lied to SJ about being months away. She went through a such agony, that when HY surfaced she didn't want to have anything to do with the child.

Honestly, I'm okay with her as long as she continues not wanting anything to do with HY. Even if it's just for her career, she gave him up and isn't trying to get him back at this point. Unlike a certain grandmother we know. 

Yes, she gave HY up and that can be seen as 'bad' but it's infinitely worse, in my opinion, to try to rip him away from the only mother her knows after giving him up in the first place. And she's not doing that. So while she may be annoying to me because I'm rooting for GW/EH, I don't hold any stronger feelings of dislike for her; yet. 

2 hours ago, phikyl said:

Honestly, I'm okay with her as long as she continues not wanting anything to do with HY. Even if it's just for her career, she gave him up and isn't trying to get him back at this point. Unlike a certain grandmother we know. 

Yes, she gave HY up and that can be seen as 'bad' but it's infinitely worse, in my opinion, to try to rip him away from the only mother her knows after giving him up in the first place. And she's not doing that. So while she may be annoying to me because I'm rooting for GW/EH, I don't hold any stronger feelings of dislike for her; yet. 

@phikylI also don't have nothing against Jk I just hate Sj used EH to get back with her by using that baby I think EH should slap SJ and file a lawsuit on him and his crazy mom..  But I do agree with @Triton823  That baby is going to suffer so much behind thiese evil people until it's not funny..   

Did you guys get a load of the way SJ look at HW until he found out Hw is his boss.. Him and crazy ajjumma will come up with something to keep EH from being with GW because as of now SJ has frauded EH into marrying by lying to her about the childs mother knowing full well she would have gained custody of the baby.. Because any judge in they right mind would ask why he never register the marriage when he registered the child as being his both could have been done on the sameday in the same office..

well if JK wanted to keep her child a secret her mom will be the one to bring out she was off pregnant with SJ child and had the baby that they abandon.. I see this custody stuff for Hy getting real nasty and crazy ajjumma working behind the scenes working on EH with her threats of what she would do if EH tries to see Hy and so forth.. 

4 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Because any judge in they right mind would ask why he never register the marriage when he registered the child as being his both could have been done on the sameday in the same office..

I'm hoping this is going to be the turning point where we see EH/GW get custody of HY. Because, yes, he could definitely have registered the marriage at the same time he moved HY to his household register. 

What I'm hoping right now is that crazy ahjumma doesn't somehow manage to buy a judge off so that EH/GW have to go to court multiple times in order to get back the child they love. That would gut me.

Also, I'm really hoping to see at least a few episodes of EH/GW/HY living happily as a family. [Writer-nim, if you're reading this, the more happy scenes we get of that adorable small family, the better! And can I maybe put in a little suggestion to give HY a sibling? hmm? lol]

@phikyl I think SJ will insist on taking HY away from EH. After all he had changed HY from Im to Seo surname in the registry. He told JK mum that he has not registered the marriage to EH. Where does that put EH status ..? A live in girlfriend in the eyes of the law. Some countries have regulations on cohabiting, but even so it need to be for a two year period minimum. So EH can lose HY to SJ.... which exactly what his evil Mother wants anyway. So SJ wants JK too to complete the family unit. JK was hesitant when the idea was put forth, she admitted she abandoned HY, and EH is the rightful Mother. SJ thinks otherwise, he was right too, since he didn't know of the existence of HY as his son until his Mother informed him.

This drama intrigues me because of the child custody issues. In many cases the birth mother gets first consideration for custody unless she is proven to be a threat to the child. Upon reaching 12 years I think, the child can decide who he wants to stay with. Adopted parents sometimes can lose their rights, as in this case SJ is the stronger contender. He is the father and had not relinquish his duty, because after being told that HY is his son, he married the adopted mother and did not fight his rights in court. This makes it harder to prove that he is a ' bad' father. 

My prediction is that EH Father needs to appear, somehow claimed he was defrauded by evil Mdm Seo, SJ Mother. Father Im was found a bankrupt before he fell from the bridge. He will need to expose her wrongdoings and bring shame to SJ. Then maybe he would let go HY to EH. My other take is that something bad happened to SJ , crippled or death, that HY would be handed back to EH. Two grandmas are forfeited of any rights.

@rikimaiu GW is not aware that the marriage is not registered. He knew from EH that the father of HY is SJ. He sought a legal advice to help EH keep the child, and was informed that if EH marries then she had a better chance of custody of HY. Instead she married the child's father. GW proposed to EH at the same time SJ did. SJ did not want to snatch away HY from EH, because she seemed a dedicate mother and in that respect, SJ was sincere and noble when he proposed. After all he said to EH, 'you did like me once'.... of which is true, EH had a crush on him once. Of course evil Mother does not want that at all, and discouraged any dealings between SJ and EH. So when he told his Mother that he wanted to marry EH, there was confrontation between them. Her greed to take in HY as his lineage, and grandson ...she loves the male lineage only..... she finally agreed to SJ idea. At this time JK had been giving SJ the cold shoulder, so he really thought that she didn't care for him and the Son too. It was not until the gossips came out in the net, then the truth surfaced that JK was so broken hearted after being ridiculed by his Mother and venom words were poured out about JK and her Mother. They were accused of being gold digger and threatened to reveal JK Mother two husbands. They were portrayed as loose women, mother and daughter....... very very mean of Mdm Seo.

In return after the baby was born, JK mum bundled the baby and gave it to SJ mother by putting it the front door.  The evil Mother was livid and refused to accept the infant, and conveniently sent HY to the orphanage where EH grew up and worked there too. EH took a liking to HY, and after much discontent with the evil mother manage to adopt HY. GW however helps in this orphanage too, and helps to finance a heart operation for HY ..... that was how they got to know each other. So the trios, EH orphaned friend +GW+EH brought up HY.  The disruption came about after HY went for audition and chosen for some commercials, that brought the attention of evil grandma.

So now how can we fault SJ who himself oblivious that he had a son, from 'the woman he loves' .....

Oh I must add this too. When GW proposed to EH she was very shocked because they were always very good friends, platonic and concerned for each other's welfare, but never had any romantic moments with one another. The girls were addressed as 'Noona '  even till now. He is many years younger than EH and her Friend from the same orphanage. EH explanation to GW that she regarded his interest to marry her because he felt pity for her, more like sorry for her, and it could not have been love. That threw GW into a mushy state of heart breaks and an emotional upset that even his sister was unhappy about. To me he was a wee bit slow in expressing his feelings to EH, and even so he was never looked upon by EH as Husband material .... you know the guy that makes the heart goes Boom-abang-a-bang type of yearning.....

Another point that works against EH in her marriage with SJ, the marriage was not consummate.... this is a good ground for divorce. She was such a Miss Fridgedaire that they married for HY to have a family. What a naive person EH is, maybe she didn't read romance book or did not watch some juicy films. SJ approached her one night, made an attempt but she rebuffed him. So there EH .... you are now finding the painful truth to your inaction ....

3 hours ago, shebagirl said:

Oh I must add this too. When GW proposed to EH she was very shocked because they were always very good friends, platonic and concerned for each other's welfare, but never had any romantic moments with one another. The girls were addressed as 'Noona '  even till now. He is many years younger than EH and her Friend from the same orphanage. EH explanation to GW that she regarded his interest to marry her because he felt pity for her, more like sorry for her, and it could not have been love. That threw GW into a mushy state of heart breaks and an emotional upset that even his sister was unhappy about. To me he was a wee bit slow in expressing his feelings to EH, and even so he was never looked upon by EH as Husband material .... you know the guy that makes the heart goes Boom-abang-a-bang type of yearning.....

Another point that works against EH in her marriage with SJ, the marriage was not consummate.... this is a good ground for divorce. She was such a Miss Fridgedaire that they married for HY to have a family. What a naive person EH is, maybe she didn't read romance book or did not watch some juicy films. SJ approached her one night, made an attempt but she rebuffed him. So there EH .... you are now finding the painful truth to your inaction ....

Actually because a marriage was not "consumated" is not legal grounds for divorce. The primary rational in this case is marriage fraud on SJ part. He deliberately mislead EH into marriage for the sole purpose of getting the kid...which if you think about it....a simple DNA test could easily get him what he wants, but the fact that SJ and his mother are wealthy on the backs of EH dad....this is where the pudding hits the fan. In the end SJ and his mother are going to lose everything....JK is the main villain here whose sole purpose is fame and fortune. SJ thinks he is so madly in love with JK that even as I watch the last few episodes I get the inkling that JK just loves him for the man flesh that he is....SJ is going to get burned extremely bad.

GW though...interesting but not surprising as to who he is....heir to a large company....this alone will hamper SJ plans because JK isn't interested in him...from watching her she wants her son for selfish reasons. I am though looking forward to SJ and his mother to get their karma which is rightfully deserving.

A DNA test was done by SJ Mother after a near miss accident involving HY. After that she went into a possessive state and wanted to keep HY within her family. With the DNA results, she approached her Son and told him that HY is his Son. That information sent SJ reeling with anger, and of course he initially blamed JK. He asked his Mother too why she sent the baby away.... she told him that she at first thought JK mum lied and wanted SJ for their wealth. It was only after the tabloid brought out the story on JK having to terminate her modelling contract that SJ was informed by JK mum the real sequence of event that lead to the baby being placed at his front door. He was never told of the pregnancy because of the threat by his Mother to tell on her ' loose' behaviour. 

I do not look unkindly at SJ and JK for I find their love was cruelly terminated by the evil Mother who looks down on those she feels of lower status than her. SJ had never stop loving JK, so he was persistent to get back together with JK. She was reluctant as she pointed out to SJ that his Mother scares her. 

You are entitled to your opinion but the storyline so far does not show the young lovebirds as conniving...... the two grandmothers are the culprits here, one so ambitious and the other greedy and haughty.

5 minutes ago, shebagirl said:

I do not look unkindly at SJ and JK for I find their love was cruelly terminated by the evil Mother who looks down on those she feels of lower status than her. SJ had never stop loving JK, so he was persistent to get back together with JK. She was reluctant as she pointed out to SJ that his Mother scares her. 

The worst part of this is that evil grandmother came from a "lower status" also. She just got rich by literally stealing a family's fortune. It's amazing to me that she can overlook her [enormous] flaw of being a thief and murderer [actively ignoring EH's father's plea for help is akin to murder in my book] but still doesnt like JK because she's an actress/of lower birth/whatever. 

Archived