[Drama 2016-2017] Love Bubbles, 사랑은 방울방울, Mon-Fri 19:20. Thanks for all your support!!

0ly40

8 hours ago, sk0317 said:

Excellent post and astute observations as always @Ldy Gmerm.

I agree Snowflake didn't start out as an evil character. Her step mom preventing her from turning herself in set her on the wrong path. By the way, is there a statue of limitations in Korea for a hit-and-run accident?

Snowflake's jealousy is eating her inside out. Her belittling BW and berating her behind WH's back shows how insecure a person she is. She certainly hasn't realized her own "limitations" and insecurities.

The writers are portraying an unpolished BW reporting for work to a big organization in jeggings, and more causal clothes compared to the two harpies. BW who lacks paper credentials, has 8 years of cooking experience under her belt. She was late for work and was called out for her actions by Snowflake.

I can't wait to see the transformation in BW's physical appearance that will certainly make heads turn. Snowflake thinks she has the upper hand because of her educational background and working experience. Her proposal to invite famous chefs to hold cookery classes will only attract students initially I think. The novelty will wear off over time. The average Joe and Jane doesn't want a high end meal 365 days a year. One yearns for soul food and is only comfortable eating (home-cooked or otherwise) food he or she is familiar with.

Oh I also want WH to see Snowflake talking down to SC and stomping her hooves.

I think Snowflake's step mother will pay blabbermouth Gang Ja, the new Ahjumma to silence her and prevent her from revealing her past.

The min that BW changes up her look and has SC and WH's heads turning will make the green eyed monster come out in full force. CR has the over inflated view that she is gorgeous  as well as intelligent. From the moment she saw BW even before she worked at the company she has looked down on and tried to taint BW with a gold digging brush. Of course CR is projecting her morals onto BW. Also I think CR feels a bit threatened by BW. WH has not done much in reference with BW yet but what he has done has obviously made CR take notice. A couple of times he seems to have shut her down on questioning his motives or methods. CR wants to be seen as someone who has WH's ear and he listens to and so far it is not working. 

I agree that stepmom will try to bribe that woman or at least try to get rid of her from working in that house. But will it work not sure. 

8 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

CR would have gone to the police if the stepmother has not shown up and stopped her. CR has been constantly wreck with guilt but her stepmom kept stopping her from redeeming herself. Stepmother kept telling her to forgot about the incidents, cover up and break off all ties with people who are connected to that accident period, hence she broke off with SC. Stepmother convinced her to go USA. Stepmother did all this is to try to gain CR trust and dependence on her. 

Remember CR hated her because CR chances upon Stepmother & father hugging and having a relationship before her mom passed away. Young CR was right that stepmother schemed her way to be the doctor's wife and that stepmother is pretentious.

Lol ... can't wait for stepmother & family to dine at WH house and see her long time friend there as housekeeper.

If I'm not wrong, CR also stalk WH at the cafe thereby getting WH to buy her coffee. When SC made the mistake of ordering Macchaito for CR and CR corrected him immediately, did you see the expression on WH face. I can't decide his expression ... it's a mix of curiosity and distaste.  I could be wrong but I feel that WH dislike overly confident woman who thinks over highly of herself.

CR did indeed peep out her stepmother's true goal for marrying her father and can see thru her but I also think her resentment and anger towards the woman is that of a little girl who had her place next to her father taken away. She was jealous of that woman who has come in and pushed her way in and moved CR down a notch in her fathers affections. 

CR did not like her stepmother that is true.. but she also latched on to the one person who was willing to help her get out of the mess she made when she killed BW's father. It is understandable that she was scared as she has killed a man accident or not and punishment would be coming but also having an angry and grief filled family member who would want justice. Stepmom was willing to help her when CR had no idea what to do and was loosing it over what she had done. Stepmom gave her a direction and kept reinforcing things would be ok and then helped her make it so and forget as well as taking her away from it all to hide. Then for her to get hurt in the states trying to protect her just reinforced the view that stepmom was all for her. 

But I still think that CR could have on her own decided to do the right thing. If not then but later when she came back. OF course by that time she was not going to. She has appeared as a confident and learned woman and no way would she want to go back to that fear of what she did, the fear of having to be punished nor having her father find out as well and being angry and appalled at the fact she killed a man and hid it instead of facing the crime (not sure if he would have turned her in or taken the fall for her). CR will never want to give up her life and be known as a murderer. She has come too far to loose everything. Her crime will come out by her actions to keep it hidden. 

WH I think is a good judge of character and something is off about CR. Not only is she creepy but she turns up in places you do not expect. WH can see thru her I bet and its why he keeps putting her in her place. CR keeps trying to cross lines and WH is not having it. His expression to me seem irritated at her showing up. I do not think he wanted to start his day with a surprise visit from her. CR thinks she is being coy and stealth but I bet SC and WH are like WTH with her when she turns up out of the blue. We already saw SC's expression when they were forced to extend an invitation a couple of times now to drop her off.  

SC's question to her about what is she hiding has made him look at her and not like what he is seeing. I bet SC can see she is after WH and I have a feeling WH feels it too.  Also her nerve to tell him he makes her nervous or the situation is awkward with him working there. And she wants him to quit only makes him wonder what she is up to. I like everyone wonder what gall does she have to want him to leave a job he was at way before she showed up. SC should have asked her to leave instead if she is so uncomfy. But CR did not see it as an insult like his job is not as important as hers.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone.. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/22/2016 at 9:51 AM, euraka said:

JY behaviour i couldn't understand it even she grow up in US who said people from US is rude, she is plain rude , self centered  and it is a mystery that she end up marrying DJ brother 

Hi. all Ok playing catch up..

@euraka  I think JY thought her husband family had maid servants and pretty much don't like the fact that they live frugal even though his father do run a small business.. Yes but her atitude is very rude.. I don't care where you comes from how dare you tell your MIL to take your clothes to the cleaners just because you guys have to pay a little more I'm glad BW got into her azz and told her off she knew she was wrong and then to claim they are bullying her is just to much.. I feel the MIL should make her eat toast for breakfast lunch and dinner since thats all she claims she could cook thats all she should eat..

As for and American myself were not rude or mean not until someone rubs us the wrong way and once that picture is planted in our heads of you we temds to remember things and treats you accordingly.. We live by the customs to unto others as you will have them do unto you meaing If I treat you politely and nicely I expect the same from you.. 

On 12/23/2016 at 0:00 AM, euraka said:

no matter how hard CR tried to get read of SC it won't work since WH knows that SC honest hard working and sincere  her talk will end up on deaf ears. she is trying so much to impress WH with the famous chefs she knew it is funny how she forgets she is a criminal 

@euraka  From a stand point all CR has done so far is show Bw and Sc that she is trying to hook Wh as her man. I like when Wh told her he values a person experience more then they educations .. Technicall telling her Bw has way more experience in this field then she do. I was dumbfounded that she told him about money and educations Bw has the same quilifications it cost money to gain the experience she and it certainly took a lot of time and effort studying to develope her recipes where in the H-ll do she get off telling someone they not qualified to work there.. If she was in the states they would want work experience and education.. Just with her education alone will only get her into a very low position in the company.. So she came in through the backdoor sort of speak..

15 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

OK ... now it is confirmed BW is daughter of CR stepmother. 

That ungrateful richard simmons of colleague. I thought she would have been grateful to BW for not suing her and her keeping her job. Looks like some people just don't know how to repent and show gratitude just like CR.

I'm so happy that SC told it to her face. The gall of CR to say SC is still not over her so confidently. It shows she has Goddess sickness and really thinks that men will kill themselves for her and will harbour lifelong love for her even after she trampled on their feelings. How haughty of her to suggest getting a job of a driver for SC at her father''s hospital. Just love her shock look when SC told her to get it over herself & walk off.

I also love that WH told her off that who he hires is not of her biz and that BW is hired based on her experience and expertise in food, not based on people who pays for paper qualification  (something along that line).

I love how BW just let CR insults in restaurant fly pass her head and just focus on getting that snail. Lol... BW so funny. She cracked the snail with her spoon or fork. It even amused WH making him laugh out loud. With the past personality of WH, he would have flew to a rage and sack BW on spot. Guess he is slowly warming up to BW. 

I love that BW is bringing sunshine to all the men's heart. SC is blooming in her presence. Gosh isn't he so handsome when his face relaxed and smile. I hAve to say that when he is relaxed and smiling,  he is more attractive & handsome than WH. Both men are handsome & attractive, just oozes different masculinity. SC gives off vibes of huge comforting protective bear, someone a girl can rely on. WH gives the vibes of a hunter or a panther/lion.

@cheekychipmunk_stv  Hello, Loved how WH told CR off like he has to follow her opinion who the hell is she and were do she get off to even tell him who to hire and not to hire.. She must have forgot she choosed that company because she wanted him and wants to be the wife of some CEO so people can look up to her before it's all said and done between her and the recipe stealer one will be out of a job and the other will be just shameless because she thinks her beauty could over look her evil deeds.. I was so glad that SC told hert she's not that great abd how dare she suggest he quits his job for her sake come on really.. The self indulge brat really got some hard lessons in life to learn why would he quit his hob when they not supposed to know each other and besides nothing stays a secret in this world.. i'm hoping someone like Wh or his mom do a background check on CR when she was in school there and learn of her pat with Wh..

Also your very observant when it comes to the first and second male leads it don't matter to me who ends up with Bw as long as Cr is left out looking from the outside in is fine with me.. DJ dad already got in his head that something could be going on betweent Bw and Sc when they just only work together if she hasn't told that they work at the same company yes I could see this misunderstanding coming.. Even though it may not be a misunderstanding on SC part he may start to like her by the time someone says something to him or either Bw..  Now Wh on the otherhand the more he interacts with Bw the more he's going to fall for her.. He's going to like her opinionated attitude and her fights back at him.. Cr isn't going to give him this go getter attitude her go getter attitude is towards him and he's not into that his go geeter attitude is from work related issues and Bw tells him just what she thinks and feel and holds nothing back manners or no manners.. Bw was right in suggesting they use local ingredients it's cuts cost.. Most people that eat at restuarants don't care where the food comes from as long as it taste good.. I'm looking forward to Bw showing Cr your suggestion and education lacks experience..  

I'm wondering after stepmom had Bw did she just dump the baby off on dad and kept it pushing. If stepmom is the same women from the picture she must have got some work done on her face.. 

Merry Chirstmas Everyone.

On 2016/12/24 at 11:12 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

The min that BW changes up her look and has SC and WH's heads turning will make the green eyed monster come out in full force. CR has the over inflated view that she is gorgeous  as well as intelligent. From the moment she saw BW even before she worked at the company she has looked down on and tried to taint BW with a gold digging brush. Of course CR is projecting her morals onto BW. Also I think CR feels a bit threatened by BW. WH has not done much in reference with BW yet but what he has done has obviously made CR take notice. A couple of times he seems to have shut her down on questioning his motives or methods. CR wants to be seen as someone who has WH's ear and he listens to and so far it is not working. 

I agree that stepmom will try to bribe that woman or at least try to get rid of her from working in that house. But will it work not sure. 

Snowflake is against BW joining the BH Group because (1) She thinks she caused the company "trouble" with the fried shrimp fillet saga. (2) She thinks she is after money and is a gold digger. (3) She knows BW has no proper credentials to "justify" her employment there. (4) She sees her (unconsciously) as competition for WH's attention thus her insecurities and ill treatment of BW.

The team leader is on the fence but will side with Snowflake as he thinks she is over qualified for her job and is "beautiful". AR, on the other hand is already her "sidekick" and was seen locking arms with Snowflake before WH decides a welcome dinner party should be held for Snowflake and BW.

I snort laughed at the scene where Snowflake accuses BW of not knowing the proper procedures (in a big company) to make her opinions known to the Chief Director. BW is expected to "file a report if there is a problem". Snowflake has been imposing her opinions on WH's decisions by not filing a report too. Why is she pinpointing an accusing finger at BW just because BW "only has experience working in a small restaurant"? Snowflake is overstepping her boundaries by trying to change WH's mind and decisions most of the times. If she is so keen on pushing her opinions on others, why doesn't she get her father to help her start up her own company where she can boss people around her as CEO?

I foresee WH telling AR why she gets to keep her job in a later episode; that BW had pleaded with him and made it a condition for her to join BH Group. AR probably will help Snowflake brew more trouble for BW and AR gets bailed out (again) in the end by a forgiving BW.

CR did indeed peep out her stepmother's true goal for marrying her father and can see thru her but I also think her resentment and anger towards the woman is that of a little girl who had her place next to her father taken away. She was jealous of that woman who has come in and pushed her way in and moved CR down a notch in her fathers affections. 

CR did not like her stepmother that is true.. but she also latched on to the one person who was willing to help her get out of the mess she made when she killed BW's father. It is understandable that she was scared as she has killed a man accident or not and punishment would be coming but also having an angry and grief filled family member who would want justice. Stepmom was willing to help her when CR had no idea what to do and was loosing it over what she had done. Stepmom gave her a direction and kept reinforcing things would be ok and then helped her make it so and forget as well as taking her away from it all to hide. Then for her to get hurt in the states trying to protect her just reinforced the view that stepmom was all for her. 

But I still think that CR could have on her own decided to do the right thing. If not then but later when she came back. OF course by that time she was not going to. She has appeared as a confident and learned woman and no way would she want to go back to that fear of what she did, the fear of having to be punished nor having her father find out as well and being angry and appalled at the fact she killed a man and hid it instead of facing the crime (not sure if he would have turned her in or taken the fall for her). CR will never want to give up her life and be known as a murderer. She has come too far to loose everything. Her crime will come out by her actions to keep it hidden. 

Snowflake's step mother seized the opportunity to get into her step daughter's good books after finding out about the hit-and-run accident while DUI. Dr. Han was pleasantly surprised by how well the two had started to get along and Snowflake is addressing his second wife as her "Mother". I think she will continue to wrap her wings around Snowflake despite finding out later BW is the daughter she abandoned.

WH I think is a good judge of character and something is off about CR. Not only is she creepy but she turns up in places you do not expect. WH can see thru her I bet and its why he keeps putting her in her place. CR keeps trying to cross lines and WH is not having it. His expression to me seem irritated at her showing up. I do not think he wanted to start his day with a surprise visit from her. CR thinks she is being coy and stealth but I bet SC and WH are like WTH with her when she turns up out of the blue. We already saw SC's expression when they were forced to extend an invitation a couple of times now to drop her off.  

SC's question to her about what is she hiding has made him look at her and not like what he is seeing. I bet SC can see she is after WH and I have a feeling WH feels it too.  Also her nerve to tell him he makes her nervous or the situation is awkward with him working there. And she wants him to quit only makes him wonder what she is up to. I like everyone wonder what gall does she have to want him to leave a job he was at way before she showed up. SC should have asked her to leave instead if she is so uncomfy. But CR did not see it as an insult like his job is not as important as hers.

Snowflake is either thick-skinned or simply one who can't read between the lines. Snowflake uses work as an excuse to get WH to dine (go out) with her. She also wants to "show off" to him she has a wide network of contacts by bringing him to high end, famous restaurants run by people she knows.

If SC had been a woman, I have no doubts WH would have fallen for him:). SC is extremely good at taking care of WH and the bond and trust between the two men has grown through the years. SC was tending to the details of his mom's last rites when he texted WH to remind him it was time for him to take his medicine. SC is more than a chauffeur and body guard to WH. His loyalty, attentive care, work ethnics and attitudes impress WH to make him at ease in his presence and trusts him with his 'life'.

From what I have watched so far, I’m enjoying this daily along with Always Spring though right now I feel like I’m in anger/approaching killing rage mode with that daily with certain characters.  Will leave it at that as the comments here will be focused on this daily that’s why I’m here not to talk about the other show.  After watching the latest episode I have to keep reminding myself that this is 120 episodes and as such we have a long waay to go in terms of progression of the story and key characters. It determines whether it will keep our interest in the long run or make us be tempted to seriously throw something at the device we are watching it with due to the actions and the flow of the story (be advised that this can be expensive, do it at risk of being aware that the money is coming out of your own pocket, no begging/pleading allowed especially when broke).  So far they are doing a fairly decent job of holding our interests. Be forewarned that this is likely to be a long post, I tend to do that at times.

It’s obvious to most viewers/fans of the show why we would like the OTP to be WH (Woo Hyuk) and BW (Bang Wool) as WH seems to be the cold heart person with a hidden heart and BW is the woman with the capability of bringing that hidden heart out to the forefront as she is too real not to be.  Sang Cheol (SC) on the other is the sweet guy with a lot of loving potential who is the consummate professional at work but at home with his family his true warm nature comes out, the typical second lead. Chae Rim (CR) on the other hand from the start was a bit of a brat not completely spoiled but over the years has developed an over inflated ego of herself due to her sojourn in the States and still has a prick of conscience nagging her since the hit and run eg. SC (ex-boyfriend) who is a reminder and white cars.

The step mom (Na Young Sook –NYS), her reasoning appears to be sound but completely inaccurate the first mistake was to prevent CR from learning to actually take responsibility for her actions she was 21 at the time not a child she is legally an adult; granted she panicked but by preventing CR from taking responsibility irrelevant of who her father is etc. she set the precedence of converting CR from a partially spoil brat to a complete one.  This had a domino effect.  I do somewhat understand her thought process of wanting to protect CR, wanting to ensure that her future is a bright one, protecting her husband a recognized heart surgeon for his country and getting closer to CR but I think her approach was the wrong one.  But then again it’s possible that she is using her past experience of running away from her past in order to move on and transition into the future throught abandonment.  She did it 25+ years ago so she did the same with CR as well, the thing is we are aware that no secrets remain secrets forever therefore her past is going to bite her in the present as well as CR in upcoming episodes

Before going to discuss the OTP, SC and CR, I have to say this.   It’s usually typical for k-dramas and dailies not to properly punish the perpetrator, I do believe in forgiveness but there should be severe consequences that follow the crimes that precede it as they are just as severe some are execution worthy.  With exception to j-dramas, kdramas and lakorn (Thai dramas) really takes this forgiveness crap to the next level for the perpetrator/s.  I really wish they did not do that at all because it makes the whole thing a huge joke and a travesty it also show that there is nothing called consequences or punishment for crimes against those who are innocent/victims.  That it’s okay to hurt, destroy, kill etc. etc. as that person is likely to be forgiven endlessly and get away with in the end.  There is no proper justice nor karma given to these scums. This of course needs to be stopped because what they are actually saying to me is that there is a green light for evil as long as you can get away with it and that as long as the victim forgives you to kingdom come, the evil doer usually receives a nice reward at that, even if they are repeat offenders.  There is no good lesson taught here, it brings forth the question why be good/do good when it’s evil that gets rewarded, its very sad & depressing, as this is what is being taught to the future generations.

The reason why I am saying all this is that with 120 episodes, I am sure there will be more evil/scheming actions committed by CR in future episodes, I am also sure that they will have BW, SC forgive her etc. possible WH as well.  But CR even in the end should she get caught in the end should not be rewarded at all for said actions even if she begs for forgiveness to any/all affected parties.  She should be severely punished and SC should in the end should get a new girl who he really cares for after all this debacle and she is just a sincere/a better quality person (internally) than CR maybe on even footing with BW.  SC should be allowed to move forward in his life without CR in it permanently.  That’s all I’m saying for now. I would appreciate this daily to be innovative in actually properly punishing the perpetrator/s.  They have in a way started bad already with the absence of punishment for both the manager and so called recipe developer  who stole BW’s recipe of the Strategy development team who now happens to be CR’s little lap dog, I say let her stay she will get bitten hard & may be learn her lesson with a contrite tail. Even if they are not fired, a reduced paycheck; being put on probation for whether they will continue with the company based on present & future performance should keep them on tenterhooks.

Now back to the OTP, SC and CR. 

HCR - CR since the hit and run has become worse as a person and not better, not that she was perfect in the first place.  She has become arrogant, too full of herself, scheming and a man eater all while living in the great USA; at the same time she has kept her Korean elitist and somewhat discriminatory mentality, as well as shallow mindedness about people mentality.  CR's checklist is this - (i) if the person is not of a certain upper/upper middle class background/family; (ii) is not of top college educated either locally or internationally; (iii) does not speaks English – though frankly I think Ji Yeon’s (JY) spoken English is a huge joke considering the fact that she is supposed to be Korean-American in other words she was born there of Korean parents and has supposedly live there all her life that part I have posted at several forums in terms of my issue with it will not go there about it here; (iv) not has a decent size recognizable/well known network connections; (v) does not fawn over her as she is the greatest thing since Ms Korea in whatever & every year.  Those person/s are below her and does not deserve her respect or notice; however they are worthy of being condescended to, slapped when warranted/in the mood; belittled, as well as scolded and criticized case in point – BW and SC.  In a way I think she fears BW because she gets that WH respects her.intro of BW to the team you can see her response to that.  WH challenges her because he is not fawning over her like her predecessors, he is hard nut to crack and he actually requires her to work in order to gain his attention/interest but he is very rich and the future of BH group so he does not qualify on her checklist.  So she goes around trying to impress him with the so called top of the line chefs that she knows from the US who miraculously are now opening top restaurants in Korea – networking/profiling; coincidentally meeting him at surprising locations we call it covert stalking and trying to impress him with her beauty, charm - snowflake, high work ethic, intelligence and “love” for him. He is not impressed much, she is just someone he knows & works with. By the way it was the first time I ever saw a resume like hers being sent to a prospective employer – it’s very expensive if several of those had to be printed, bounded and produced as its very high end; I do question her actual practical experience though I am aware that she can cook.  There was no proper interview procedures for her just go on the say so that she is being scouted by several top Korean hospitality management/ food businesses all due to her US education.

WH/BW/SC – I am very glad that the heart in Dong Joon (DJ) does not really recognize BW as it would be a unique form of conflict of interest.  The past WH was a classic jerk but despite that I got to say that even then he loved his family a lot and looked out for them.  Case in point his older sister Woo Kyung (WK) who was married to cheating jerk on family orders but because he knew that, he kept tabs on the husband with enough evidence to ensure that the divorce went through and that his sister suffered limited loss. 

I do like her character (WK) and from what I have seen so far it’s likely that they will pair her with the dentist/musical actor-teacher Woo-Wan (WW) who is CR’s uncle in future episodes, they actually can work as a couple he can steady yet love her regardless of the money and she would know and feel happy about that.  ** Did an earlier episode imply that WK cannot have children?** By the way I hope there is no drunk sex = pregnancy between this couple, frankly I find that totally distasteful and a tired trope (at times I equate it with -ape, you fill it in, even if it is a mutual attraction). Its not funny either, if they are to be together intimately it will be because they sincerely care about each other, not drunk, they are adults over 30 and since its 2016/2017 there is still sexually transmitted diseases out there, I don't care if they have been celibate for over 5 years in terms of reality and for safety sake practicing safe sex is the right way and no immediate pregnancy either. That I also find a turn off at times I get the impression they are trying to subtly promote the increase the birth rate in their country this way which I find is stupid. I understand kdrama/dailies has their departure from reality but common sense in most cases should prevail. Done lecturing here on this.

Since receiving DJ heart and in a way while being in the hospital, the man has changed somewhat to a more patient, sincere and mature person.  Yes he seems to be cold & still is but as I said earlier his sincere heart is hidden, DJ’s heart in a way contributed to that change. So WH has become a more patient with his employees, a better employer and he is more open minded about life in general and people.  In this case both SC and BW in order to become employees of BH group they actually were tested in terms of their abilities to do the required job.  SC to be a personal assistant had to be calm and quick thinking in terms of crisis which is needed for someone like WH who had a heart issue & is a workaholic – the paper qualification was not going to cut it for his personal interests/life.

In terms of BW, he did not like her in the beginning due to the fish market incident; but as he got to know her he has developed a form of respect for someone who is sincere about food, people and is not about money/greedy.  The fact that in all his encounters BW has been genuine with him has been a cause of amusement, anger and other emotions that arise with him, he feels & unconsciously thinks about her.  I think he likes that she is real around him despite being Chief Director, if he is wrong even if he does not think so she says it regardless; he needs that.  BW opens WH to who he is and can be in the future.

BW’s test came in the form of the mystery shoppers and his own taste test of her food at the restaurant– I wonder how she knew what he wanted when he did not state exactly what it was – just this, this & this with the menu facing him? She passed because although the menu seemed ordinary the flavor was top of the line extraordinary something his development team could not and did not develop.  In addition the only way he could persuade her to join the company was through the kitchen ingredients, the idea that her food can be eaten by more people than just the small restaurant and SC telling her a bit about his character.  So when you think about it BW’s actual resume is more impressive than CR, as she has practical experience with food, has the ability to develop recipes and has an idea as to what customers may like. Which should be basic hospitality management for CR and the so called strategy/recipe development team as to who contributes to their paycheck & the company’s future is the customer who eats their food.  I thought that meeting was a bit insulting to the customer, glad BW called them out on it. Can you imagine what is going to happen when he finds out about her perfect taste palate and he really starts liking her both as himself and with DJ’s heart? I am so glad he told CR what he thinks about her input in hiring BW, it’s irrelevant.  BW is always real around people which is a good thing, she does not know how to be otherwise, this of course is seen by a lot of people and is a threat to some namely CR & lapdog right now.  At present she has no feelings for WH which is understandable as it’s early yet and she has yet to get to know him, there are more experiences to come.  BW’s focus are her son Byeol; her in-law family; food and people.  She view SC as a part of the family, so I don’t think of her being involved with him at all.

SC is now on his way to recovery in terms of romance and seems to be ready for a relationship, the thing is that it so happens to be BW who sees him as a friend, her son’s teacher and maybe an older brother.  The fact that they are living at the same premises is bound to create some havoc in the future as JY so happens to be CR’s best friend; and as WH feelings for BW grows toward a romantic nature he is not going to like the fact that she is living there. There is also going to be issue of he falling for her just like his boss.  As stated earlier, what I do want is him by the end of the show is not going back to CR, moving forward and being with someone who is sincere about him.  I did enjoy that he gave CR a reality check that he is not in love with her.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Gone for now and happy holidays everyone.

@chasen8888 I like your summary. Thank you very much for it.

I have been wondering something though. WH slight change after the heart surgery. Him becoming more patient and less jerkish is due to him making an active change to be calmer because he did just have a heart surgery. He needs to be calmer because he does not want his heart rate to go up to high.

I am starting to really like the drama. I love how WH and BW have a lot of food incidences. 
I am seriously hoping it does not end up like Witch's Castle. I really like the beginning of the drama but it turned out quite a mess when they started with amnesia. 

I wonder if the writers will make HCR notice that SC has a soft spot for BW. In order to try eliminate her competition and potential threat she will try pair up SC and BW . Which will get WH to notice, so her plan would drastically backfire on her.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

3 hours ago, finebyme said:

I wonder if the writers will make HCR notice that SC has a soft spot for BW. In order to try eliminate her competition and potential threat she will try pair up SC and BW . Which will get WH to notice, so her plan would drastically backfire on her.

@finebyme  I'm expecting this also Cr to try and pair Bw and Sc off especially telling WH they have some special relationship to avoid him questioning her actions.. Wh will find out about CR and Sc dating and it would be her that out they past WH is going to wonder about SC and why he never tod him which she's not worthy of her name coming from his mouth.. She's will try and blame SC for her own doing but as you said by this time Wh would have learned that SC lives in the same house as BW but she lives with her dead husband family.. So he'll wonder why Cr is so hell bent on creating riff to those that has nothing to do with her, but yet she's the cause of all the problems.. I tell you what I;ll like to see is when she gets caught for the hit and run that caused Bw dad to die she's arrested right in front of everyone on the job..   

On 12/24/2016 at 11:12 PM, chasen8888 said:

That I also find a turn off at times I get the impression they are trying to subtly promote the increase the birth rate in their country this way which I find is stupid

Not really since their birth rate(1.3 births per woman) is below the replacement rate needed to sustain the population.  

in today's episode you can clearly see that how WH puts his guard down when he is around BW and  so comfortable around her and their banter is so sweet. oh sweet SC he lights up every time he saw BW. I wish the writer wouldn't break the spirit of BW we need a strong willed lead for a change.  

Cr looked dumbfounded seeing Bw in Wh car with Sc what I enjoyed the most is Sc didn't look her way. Also what the hell is really going on is the writer really going to go there pairing Cr with Wh until when.. Also G/pa is really thinking SC and Bw is having a relationship right under there noses just because he sees the three playing ball together.. 

27 minutes ago, euraka said:

in today's episode you can clearly see that how WH puts his guard down when he is around BW and  so comfortable around her and their banter is so sweet. oh sweet SC he lights up every time he saw BW. I wish the writer wouldn't break the spirit of BW we need a strong willed lead for a change.  

@euraka  I couldn't agree more, But it looks like Wh is eyeing Cr. Also why is she on a chef show with these well known chefs.. I think Bw will host her own show before it's over with blowing Cr and her higg matainence chefs out the water.. Cr problem is Bw caters to local taste at affordable prices.

14 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

Cr looked dumbfounded seeing Bw in Wh car with Sc what I enjoyed the most is Sc didn't look her way. Also what the hell is really going on is the writer really going to go there pairing Cr with Wh until when.. Also G/pa is really thinking SC and Bw is having a relationship right under there noses just because he sees the three playing ball together.. 

DJ's dad first saw the duo, SC and BW walking home from work. Then he found the matchy beanie BW's son was wearing in SC's room while he went in to retrieve his gloves. His facial expression shows he is not in favor of the possibility of them getting together:tears:.

9 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

DJ's dad first saw the duo, SC and BW walking home from work. Then he found the matchy beanie BW's son was wearing in SC's room while he went in to retrieve his gloves. His facial expression shows he is not in favor of the possibility of them getting together:tears:.

@sk0317  Of course vhe isn't in favor of them getting close even though Bw sees him as a family member.. But as I see it none of them will expect Bw feeling or heart to change and move to someone else.. I think he's going to regret keeping tabs on her and wish they could have done more to take the child away from her.. Now which one will he question first I think will be Sc and telling him not to get close to Bw blaming if his wife finfds out she'll hit the roof but it's him that don't agree with them being a pair.. Bw is in for some hard times especially when it comes to her relationships with other men..  

46 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@sk0317  Of course vhe isn't in favor of them getting close even though Bw sees him as a family member.. But as I see it none of them will expect Bw feeling or heart to change and move to someone else.. I think he's going to regret keeping tabs on her and wish they could have done more to take the child away from her.. Now which one will he question first I think will be Sc and telling him not to get close to Bw blaming if his wife finfds I think out she'll hit the roof but it's him that don't agree with them being a pair.. Bw is in for some hard times especially when it comes to her relationships with other men..  

I think BW sees SC as someone who is more like her "brother" rather than a "man (opposite sex)" in the household. She talks causally to most if not all people around her and has this friendly demeanor that puts a man at ease but can also mislead him:sweatingbullets:. Yes I think SC will be the first one DJ's dad will approach to ask him to "conduct" himself properly in order to avoid misunderstanding:sweatingbullets:.

BTW JY is "jealous" and mad at DJ's mom for giving preferential treatment to BW. I have only watched the raw version so might be wrong but I think JY wanted to have some of the red ginseng tea DJ's mom specially brewed for BW.

# DJ's mom needs to learn a new English word, "Terrible!" JY is so fond of using.

2 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

I think BW sees SC as someone who is more like her "brother" rather than a "man (opposite sex)" in the household. She talks causally to most if not all people around her and has this friendly demeanor that puts a man at ease but can also mislead him:sweatingbullets:. Yes I think SC will the first one DJ's dad will approach to ask him to "conduct" himself properly in order to avoid misunderstanding:sweatingbullets:.

BTW JY is "jealous" and mad at DJ's mom for giving preferential treatment to BW. I have only watched the raw version so might be wrong but I think JY wanted to have some of the red ginseng tea DJ's mom specially brewed for BW.

# DJ's mom needs to learn a new English word, "Terrible!" YJ is so fond of using.

@sk0317   I'm expecting him to tell Sc to move out or if Sc have accepted having feelings for Bw he'll move out himself after his talk with dad and where ever Bw gose Dad will be spying to see if they are in a relationship especially if she wants to take the baby out of the house for a play date just the two of them..

You really can't blame DJ mom for treating JY differently it's JY own fault, She thinks so low of the family and is very disrespectful I think mom should have brother and her to move out once she sees they have to pay all the bills and she has to do house chores and work to keep up her appearence she would appreciate the family more.  

On 12/23/2016 at 9:44 PM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

CR would have gone to the police if the stepmother has not shown up and stopped her. CR has been constantly wreck with guilt but her stepmom kept stopping her from redeeming herself. Stepmother kept telling her to forgot about the incidents, cover up and break off all ties with people who are connected to that accident period, hence she broke off with SC. Stepmother convinced her to go USA. Stepmother did all this is to try to gain CR trust and dependence on her. 

Remember CR hated her because CR chances upon Stepmother & father hugging and having a relationship before her mom passed away. Young CR was right that stepmother schemed her way to be the doctor's wife and that stepmother is pretentious.

Lol ... can't wait for stepmother & family to dine at WH house and see her long time friend there as housekeeper.

If I'm not wrong, CR also stalk WH at the cafe thereby getting WH to buy her coffee. When SC made the mistake of ordering Macchaito for CR and CR corrected him immediately, did you see the expression on WH face. I can't decide his expression ... it's a mix of curiosity and distaste.  I could be wrong but I feel that WH dislike overly confident woman who thinks over highly of herself.

Interesting.....I had a totally different take on that situation. I thought that Chae Rin's mom had been very ill for a long time. Her father was sad and lonely--he was the one who asked Young Sook for the hug, IIRC--and she didn't say No. CR walked in at the wrong moment. I didn't get the vibe that YS manipulated her way into the house. I will agree that YS wants to live well because she grew up an orphan, so it makes sense that she (probably) wanted to bail on Fisherman Hubby/Dad of BW for a better life in the city...and then this happened. She uses situations to her advantage, but I am not feeling the malice just yet. I think she was so desperate to have CR like her (and guilt over dumping her own daughter) that she was willing to cover for the drunken hit-and-run death CR caused. If CR had turned herself in, her Dad the cardiologist would have probably had a heart attack himself.

More contrarian thoughts, observations and some fun stuff from Ep. 11-17 over at my blog: https://shamrockmom3.wordpress.com/2016/12/26/love-is-drop-by-drop-episodes-11-17-highlights-contrarian-thoughts-and-non-pc-musings/

On 12/24/2016 at 9:00 PM, sk0317 said:

Snowflake's step mother ceased the opportunity to get into her step daughter's good books after finding out about the hit-and-run accident while DUI. Dr. Han was pleasantly surprised by how well the two had started to get along and Snowflake is addressing his second wife as her "Mother". I think she will continue to wrap her wings around Snowflake despite finding out later BW is the daughter she abandoned.

@sk0317   Chingu,why is it in kdrama's most of the time the mother who either lost or abandoned their child they choose to love only the one they raised not the blood related child. This truly confuses me and make me so mad when that happens.  For example Feast of God, Tears of Heaven and there are other i can't remember right now. The fact that she will only comfort and love CR pisses me off because BW really hates her for her abandoning her. Even though when she went back to the baby clothes, she really looked sad and she will be hurting her own child alot . I do wonder who will make her repent all her sins in the end. 

7 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@sk0317   I'm expecting him to tell Sc to move out or if Sc have accepted having feelings for Bw he'll move out himself after his talk with dad and where ever Bw gose Dad will be spying to see if they are in a relationship especially if she wants to take the baby out of the house for a play date just the two of them..

You really can't blame DJ mom for treating JY differently it's JY own fault, She thinks so low of the family and is very disrespectful I think mom should have brother and her to move out once she sees they have to pay all the bills and she has to do house chores and work to keep up her appearence she would appreciate the family more.  

I agree with you that it's very likely for DJ's dad to "nip the problem in the bud". Or your other scenario of SC moving out of the Yoon's is also highly probable. SC is financially stable and can afford his own place. But he continues to live with the Yoon's because he is grateful to them for taking him in when his family went bankrupt and also after his mom's passing, the Yoon's have "officially" considered him their younger son. In the worse case, DJ's dad might even ask BW to quit her job at BH Group...

It's unrealistic for the Yoon's to want BW to remain single and alone since she is only 30. DJ and BW had the ceremony but their marriage wasn't registered before DJ's untimely death. Just watched the subbed version of the preview only, and it looks like DJ's dad thinks it's time for BW to start seeing someone:) but SC might not be the man he has in mind?

I laughed a little when JY wanted what BW was having (red ginseng tea) because JY is all American in her diet (toast for breakfast), isn't she? She does know the good stuff in Korean culture then?:) JY likes to quantify what she "gets" in return by the amount of money/allowance she gives the Yoon's. She needs to learn that it always doesn't work out that way in human relationships.:sweatingbullets: DM seems to be taking JY's side and it's also likely they might move out if these family "disputes" continue.

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@sk0317   Chingu,why is it in kdrama's most of the time the mother who either lost or abandoned their child they choose to love only the one they raised not the blood related child. This truly confuses me and make me so mad when that happens.  For example Feast of God, Tears of Heaven and there are other i can't remember right now. The fact that she will only comfort and love CR pisses me off because BW really hates her for her abandoning her. Even though when she went back to the baby clothes, she really looked sad and she will be hurting her own child alot . I do wonder who will make her repent all her sins in the end. 

Totally agree @UnniSarah. It's really annoying the mom who abandons or lost her child will only regret or repent until it's too late. Like when one is hit by a terminal illness, a death etc. I am also in the belief and view that Snowflake's step mother didn't plan to "wreck" her step daughter's family in the beginning when she started to go to their house to wash and tend to the hair of Dr. Han's ailing wife. Dr. Han's hug took her by surprise but she didn't really push him or resist him in an outright manner. She stood still when Dr. Han told her to, just for a few minutes. He must have felt lonely and "neglected" because his wife was so ill she couldn't perform the normal wife "duties". It was unfortunate and bad timing for Snowflake to have caught them in that compromising embrace.

Snowflake's step mom got away from her poor husband in the hope for a "better" future. She thought she had struck "gold" when Dr. Han took an interest in her. Trying to gain Snowflake's acceptance, recognition and trust was never easy and a hard ride. She struck "gold" again when Snowflake got involved in the hit-and-run death and she seized the opportunity to "take over" from a confused and frightened Snowflake and gained control of her in the course of "protecting" Snowflake. She will not give away this "bond" she has built with her step daughter and suddenly feel guilty because of the appearance of her birth daughter I think. Thus I guess she will continue to wrap her wings around Snowflake even if it means it's done at the expense of BW.

Archived