[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

So the 3 "flying dragons", especially WT is brainstorming to come up with theory why do they have premonition dreams. 

I can sort of see why Wootake acquire this because he was suppose to be dead but didn't, he becomes the extra one. I wonder if Hong Joo used to have near death (or suppose to be dead) experience since she was small?

As for Jae Chan, I'm not sure why he acquire the premonition dream (and his first dream was about Hongjoo's death). For sure he didn't have premonition dream when he was a teenager (or did he?).

Anyhow my number one theory of how they all acquire premonition dream is that they suppose to be dead, but didn't. 
But that would raise an interesting question, if the abusive husband would acquire this sort of ability too. Since he's also suppose to be dead by falling down from the high building. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, bahara said:

Yeayyyy Dreamers we've got first place :))))) that's good enough for me :)

Yooossshhh!!!! That's it.. I'm glad, cuz WYWS deserved it!!!... Next week when holiday chuseok end, hope we'll get double digit rating...

I wish rating will achieve 17% when kiss scene appear at episode 11th like Jongsuk said on some Vlive interview, so we could see Suzy and Sunghee dance.. :D 

• Like 14

So now 3 people share the exact same gift, WTF:huh: Not just that they're all born in the Year of the Dragon. Wootak's kind of a hottie too LoL. Aha at Hongjoo's Mom taking down notes of both Wootak/Jaechan!:w00t: Kim Sohyun is so sassy, aww~ kind of wished the kiss became a reality...-_- as usual the scene was shot beautifully. It was hilarious how both were on their tip toes at the same time LoL:lol: Marathoned ep. 5-8 - it was such a breezy watch, too bad ep. run short though...:mellow::( 

• Like 11

Another two wonderful episodes,  7 & 8!!!  It gave us more surprises and unexpected moments and I love how the writer and director go between the real time and dream time and you're not sure which you're watching until a bit later.  It's very dreamy....like the kiss scene.  Since JC is scared of having a relationship (maybe not wanting the responsibility of losing a loved one again) he changed the reality from the dream to not kissing HJ.  But of course, JC is already caught by HJ and just has to be reeled in easily.

I really love the interactions between family members and new extended family at the restaurant.  It's so warm and lovely.  This drama has it all and continues to be superb.

Now with three of them dreaming...things get clearer and more complicated at the same time because one has to decide which dream is accurate but if the policeman is the tie breaker then it works really well.

The acting continues to be excellent and Suzy has continued to impress me having reached a new level of acting skills. 

I love this drama!!! 

• Like 12

Oh yes!!! We're #1 now!! Is it because of the failed kiss? lol just kidding :tongue: It's a cute failed kiss anyway :D 

I enjoyed watching all the episodes. Love this drama! WYWS fighting!!! :heart:

Full ratings of episode 7-8 from AGB Nilsen and TNmS

viki update

Jung Hae In IG update 

• Like 15

Hey ya, just finished ep4. (or part 7/8).

I really like the drama and story so far, But one thing I didn't really understand today and I'm sure you all can give me an answer. Although I should be an expert on a guys mind (because I'm one of these examples) I don't really know why he didn't kiss her. So the last scene showed us that he was aware of the kiss and knew it was going to happen. He also know it was her intention to kiss her.

But in the end, he denied to kiss her and made his own dream become false.

It feels like a missed opportunity that will bite him in the near future.

He obviously has feelings for her, his mind and his bodylanguage confirms this, but still, he declined the kiss. Why? 

And jsut for the record, I would have kissed her the whole night long. :lol: 

I really love this drama.. It makes me so thrilled every episode and its amazing that the three are now have the same dreams.. What im still curious is what is the connection of wootak on the two..is it the accident the three meets in accident.. Hahaha.. Im happy for the ratings i hope it will have a high rating every week .. I love jongsuk and suzy chemistry.. Lucky suzy been paired up to handsome mens.. Go suzy go jongsuk..

• Like 8

Lee Jong-suk and Suzy's kiss shoots "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" to the top

photo896607.jpg

Although SBS drama "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" hasn't yet broken 10%, it still beat out the other Wednesday/Thursday dramas with 7.9% and 8.9% respsectively, usurping the ratings throne from "Hospital Ship".

The ratings spike is most likely to do with the kiss between Lee Jong-suk and Suzy, which was romantic and hinted at more good things to come.

MBC's "Hospital Ship", which had been the number one Wednesday/Thursday drama, came in second with 7.1% and 8.3%. The two aren't too far apart in ratings so there could be a battle for the number one spot.

Coming in third was the KBS "Drama Special - Kang Deok-soon's Love History" at 2.9%, which is relatively consistent with the other specials.

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-jong-suk-and-suzy-s-kiss-shoots-while-you-were-sleeping--2017-to-the-top-110796.html

• Like 9

maybe this was mentioned before but could it be wootak's love for batman and robin stuffs relates to the death of a family member?

in episode 1,during jaechan's dream...hongjoo's mother was being yelled at by wootak's mother.so his mum is alive but what about his dad? usually the dads are the one calming the mothers down during those kind of emotional breakdown.but in that dream,someone else was holding her.my guess is that wootak's father is also dead because of the runway soldier. however,what happened to his father may not have been reported by the journalists at the time.Or the writer is intentionally leaving that information out for now.

Either way,IF my theory is true...that would make our justice league has its common base - father's death because of a runaway soldier.

p.s: I'm calling them the DREAMY justice league cuz we got a prosecutor,investigative reporter and a police officer and all of them are freaking good-looking!hahaha

• Like 9

wow 130 pages.

the series has fans

and it deserves them

Jae-Chan and Hong -Joo  link seems to  relate to losing a parent on the same day by the same killer. (Even though Hong-Joo precognitive dreams preceded her father's death. They haven't made that connection as yet.

We know at least three people were killed by the soldier that day, Jae-Chan and Hong-Joo's father and the soldier.  I wonder if Woo-Tak is related to the soldier.

Also I think proximity triggers the precognition ability. Jae-Chan didn't have precognition dreams until he moved next to Hong-Joo. Woo-Tak didn't have the dreams until he met Jae-Chan and Hong-Joo.

We still have no idea why the soldier did what he did.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, hushhh said:

wow 130 pages.

the series has fans

and it deserves them

Jae-Chan and Hong -Joo  link seems to  relate to losing a parent on the same day by the same killer. (Even though Hong-Joo precognitive dreams preceded her father's death. They haven't made that connection as yet.

We know at least three people were killed by the soldier that day, Jae-Chan and Hong-Joo's father and the soldier.  I wonder if Woo-Tak is related to the soldier.

We still have no idea why the soldier did what he did.

Oh, we have the same theory here. While reading few of the comments here, a thought suddenly come to my mind. What if Woo Tak is that soldier's son? Goosebumps.If it is true, what will happen to the 3 of them?

i think that soldier may have great reason for AWOL. And their responsibility is to unfold that reason...

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MissForsythia said:

Oh, we have the same theory here. While reading few of the comments here, a thought suddenly come to my mind. What if Woo Tak is that soldier's son? Goosebumps.If it is true, what will happen to the 3 of them?

i think that soldier may have great reason for AWOL. And their responsibility is to unfold that reason...

the soldier looks too young to be his father though.more like in his 20s.

hj's and jc's dad looks older and considering their kids are the same age,i'm pretty sure wootak's father should be older too.haha

just my opinion though.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, MissForsythia said:

I suspect might be related to the soldier, but I think he might be too old to be his son.  Korean men who are professional soldiers tend to do their enlistment relatively young.

I wonder if what we know is all their is to know about the soldier and how he  relates to the precognition ability.

The reason i'm curious if Woo-Tak is related to the soldier is because if they were sticking to the formula his back story should have been shared by now so I feel it is suspicious that they haven't one so as yet.

35 minutes ago, skinnerbox said:

Isn't the dog's name Robin? The subs said 'Woo-bin' but the bowl had 'Robin'

The boy seems to like batman and superheroes 

I think the subber was listening so hard she wasn't paying attention to the visuals.

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images. Thanks.
  • Like 8