[Drama 2016] Sweet Stranger and Me (Man Living at My House) 우리집에 사는 남자

Go Seung Ji

7 minutes ago, valsava said:

Hello @penelop3  How are you,  No it's not just you but thats what makes his character so unique.. 

@valsava I'm not good actually. MLSHR has caught me in a bad way. Hopefully I will be cured after next week's final episode. Hahaha!

Just now, necychessie said:

Its great to see that there are so many good reviews about this drama :w00t: i hope the rating will increase so sudden like MDBTC. 

@penelop3 yeah LSH's face does look weird if you see his face for the first time lol But believe me after you watched his face several times you would eventually find his face is so attractive and cool like handsome vampire lol he really should act in vampire drama soon!

@necychessie Hahaha.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. But right now, I'm just too mesmerized by Kim Young-Kwang. That dude is taall! Not super good looking, but it grows on you everytime you watch him. I should be careful. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

KIM JONG KOOK CROONS OST FOR SU AE’S DRAMA

Genuine coincidence or friendly favour? Kim Jong Kook belts Fool, the first OST released for The Man Living In Our House. And we all know the heroine of the drama is Su Ae, with whom he had a loveline with in a recent episode of Running Man. I totally ship them in real life and I hope our resident Commander did this upon the request of Su Ae – even better he offered to lend his vocals in consideration of their new “friendship”. HEH. He rarely sings OSTs, his last one being in 2013 for Love In Memory, and before that for Good Doctor in 2012.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/kim-jong-kook-croons-ost-for-su-aes-drama/

I almost forgot the connection :lol: Now I recall the episode. They tried to hook him up with Su-ae however in later episode, Su-ae's co star Ha Jae-suk told the RM members that Su-ae is not interested in KJK oppa lol. Anyway it's not new in the entertainment if a singer contributes OST for his/her fellow celebrity drama. Su-ae and Jong-Kook must be friends already.  

When Nan-gil said he's seen her a few times in the restaurant but avoided her on purpose, I wonder if he did that because he already had crush on her back then? Or simply because she's the daughter of the Sajang he knew  he was going to marry thus he was afraid she'll find out at that time?

This is the webtoon if anyone interested to see http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/theman

Lastly, scenes we're all looking forward to in episode 3 weeeee:

Spoiler

B3K3PvI.jpg8ojUAhg.jpg

6JekYJz.gif

ABEOJI!! :lol:

On 10/26/2016 at 9:55 PM, wasted_youth said:

Well, I certainly didn't expect to get hooked. Su-ae should really do more rom-coms! KYK is doing alright in this series and they have good chemistry from the start. Even the second lead males are likable. 

This part is cute. 

Next episode looks even better.

@theresaang it's a very famous song by Ahn Chi-hwan nim, titled 'If I Were/내가 만일"

don't quote images, gifs, videos

:lol:

Please Follow the Rules

10. DO NOT CIRCUMVENT MINIMUM POST LENGTH OF 20 CHARACTERS
This is to ensure that the content that does get posted is worth members' time to read.

Hi all ...

I just came here to post some recap for ep2 

house02-00043.jpg house02-00044.jpg

We jump right back into the tangle, as the mysterious mandoo shop owner Go Nan-gil attempts to explain to a bewildered Na-ri that he is in fact her stepfather. He wanted to break the news to her slowly, but now that she knows the truth, he won’t watch her ruin her health. Of course, nothing Nan-gil says sounds acceptable to Na-ri, so he further explains that he and her mother registered their marriage a year ago.

She demands to know why he didn’t tell her earlier, not that that means she believes him or anything. And she’d like some photo evidence of their marriage, thank you very much, she adds. He sighs before providing a snapshot of him and her mother holding up their marriage certificate on his phone.

Back inside the hospital, the doctor tells Na-ri that she gets stressed easily, which probably caused her temporary blindness. Na-ri isn’t even listening to him, as the absurdity of her situation dawns on her. Instead, she peppers the doctor with questions on the process of registering one’s marriage.

More in Dramabeans

@moodypie you'r welcom

I'm really enjoyed the first two episodes. so what do you guys think? that Nangil is acting paternal or does he see Na Ri as a woman (though not necessary in love).

I think he's trying really hard to be a father...I don't think there are any feeling yet... his smiles are probably more familial right now. 

Hello, everyone! This is my first post here. I didn't expect to like this drama series as much as I do now, but it has been so fun!

I cannot figure out if Go Nan Gil is a swindler or not, but he certainly is such a fatherly figure towards Na Ri that somehow I think that he isn't all those terrible things that others are labelling him as. He's either a swindler who is meant to confuse and charm all of us, or just a misunderstood father whom everyone is pointing their fingers at and is accusing him of having bad intentions towards the land and the house and Na Ri.

Go Nan Gil genuinely looked so happy when he recalled that Na Ri had told him that she would accept things as they were - his smile and his happy expression looked too warm and too familial to say that he was harbouring any ill will towards her. He was also alone at that time, and it was not as if he needed to put up an act while he was kneading his dough at the shop.

But his reaction towards her is a little strange too - he seems to want her to stay, but he seems to also want her to leave? In one scene, he seems to be in agreement when Na Ri tells him that she will be back to pack her things. 

So, WHAT is he? :blink: A swindler? A father who is having difficulty in adjusting to his new role?

The show does continue to confuse and charm all of us though. Each scene with Go Nan Gil seems to reveal a little more about him and his secrets and how he may not be all he seems to be. I am confused into thinking that he could be truly a good person based on how much respect he has garnered from everyone in the town, or that he is just a really, really good swindler who could charm everyone with his politeness, work ethics and good looks.

Soo Ae is also perfect for the role of Na Ri - I love how she makes the character come alive - her character does feel so normal and so very much like any woman you may meet on the streets that she is so very likeable. I find myself looking forward to whatever she says or does, because it's so refreshing to see someone so relatable on TV.

Anyway, will definitely be sticking around and supporting this show! :)

EDIT: I'm glad to see some familiar names here! I guess we all drifted here after MDBC. @stroppyse @moodypie @lovehbhjw2013 ;)

@hairuchii  hihi chingu...welcome to this drama...  Yes the mystery in this drama will make me stick on to find out what's going on.  I like Soo Ae too..she is a good actress, the last I saw her was in "Mask" with Ju Ji-Hoon.  She acted well there and got good rating.   In this drama...she is pulling everyone together in the story currently....as the mystery stemmed from her demise mum whom she had little communication with before she passed away.

1 hour ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@hairuchii  hihi chingu...welcome to this drama...  Yes the mystery in this drama will make me stick on to find out what's going on.  I like Soo Ae too..she is a good actress, the last I saw her was in "Mask" with Ju Ji-Hoon.  She acted well there and got good rating.   In this drama...she is pulling everyone together in the story currently....as the mystery stemmed from her demise mum whom she had little communication with before she passed away.

I did also think about why Na Ri would have had such little communication with her mother too - would something have happened? It seemed odd how she did not even know that her mother had married someone for a few months before her death, and why her mother would have taken so long to tell her own daughter that she had married... Go Nan Gil did also say that it hadn't been that long since he started work at Hong Dumplings too - so, are his feelings for her mother sincere? Or would there be another secret?

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Na Ri's uncle had something to do with her mother's death - either he had run into her with his car, or perhaps his creditors had been chasing after him in their car and they happened to run into her mother in an accident. Perhaps, because of his involvement in her death, Na Ri's uncle told her that he would no longer see her, most probably out of guilt and shame.

I have never seen Soo Ae in anything other than RM before, so perhaps this is why I find her so intriguing!

I'm beginning to develop a crush on the character of Go Nan Gil. <3 He seems very dependable, can make delicious dumplings (did you see his ARMS when he was kneading the dough? :love: ), has very wide shoulders and is hot (those tattoos on his back just add to his bad boy appeal). OOOOOOoooooo. :hushed:

2 hours ago, hairuchii said:

I did also think about why Na Ri would have had such little communication with her mother too - would something have happened? It seemed odd how she did not even know that her mother had married someone for a few months before her death, and why her mother would have taken so long to tell her own daughter that she had married... Go Nan Gil did also say that it hadn't been that long since he started work at Hong Dumplings too - so, are his feelings for her mother sincere? Or would there be another secret?

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Na Ri's uncle had something to do with her mother's death - either he had run into her with his car, or perhaps his creditors had been chasing after him in their car and they happened to run into her mother in an accident. Perhaps, because of his involvement in her death, Na Ri's uncle told her that he would no longer see her, most probably out of guilt and shame.

I have never seen Soo Ae in anything other than RM before, so perhaps this is why I find her so intriguing!

I'm beginning to develop a crush on the character of Go Nan Gil. <3 He seems very dependable, can make delicious dumplings (did you see his ARMS when he was kneading the dough? :love: ), has very wide shoulders and is hot (those tattoos on his back just add to his bad boy appeal). OOOOOOoooooo. :hushed:

haha....you just reminded me that good girls like "bad" boys...  oops!  I must be sleeping when he flexed his muscles to knead the dough or my mind was so clouded with all the mysterious puzzle... I shall return to watch again for his biceps...kekeke...  ok I have no fettish for biceps per se...only one particular person's biceps where I am a PR there.:tounge_xd:   But I actually like the fact that he can make dumplings.  I am a fan of dumplings and love making my own too whenever I can.

As for the lack of communication, Na Ri said she often told her mum she was busy....so in the end she did not get to talk to her mum much...  I think this is one of her regrets.

4 hours ago, hairuchii said:

My guess, the marriage is fake and she did it to protect her daughter's interest. I am guessing Nan-Gil and Na-ri's mother knew each other and she somehow also could sense that Na-ri's long time boyfriend is up to no good(He cheated yet accuses her of breaking things to easily than goes and texts Jo Bo-ah, the man needs serious beating) so she had a plan ready to secure her interest. I don't think her uncle is evil. I think he made a whole lot of bad decisions involving money and since he always had his sister taking care of him, it somehow became Na-ri's mother's liability. So, I think if there is a sort of marriage in work here that was done to sidestep these issues. I doubt its a legal marriage, I think its a well done and elaborate ruse. The interest people have on her property is quite alarming. Its a real estate equivalent of gold mine so I'm sure Na-ri's mom had been offered money to sell it as well.

The way Nan-gil smiled while kneading the dough, he can't be smiling just because she accepted him as a father. It is definitely because he cares, maybe he had a long time one sided crush on her. She never noticed or she knew him but doesn't exactly remember. Both Nan-gil and Na-ri are native to the same locality so its only natural they have crossed path once or twice. 

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

My guess, the marriage is fake and she did it to protect her daughter's interest. I am guessing Nan-Gil and Na-ri's mother knew each other and she somehow also could sense that Na-ri's long time boyfriend is up to no good(He cheated yet accuses her of breaking things to easily than goes and texts Jo Bo-ah, the man needs serious beating) so she had a plan ready to secure her interest. I don't think her uncle is evil. I think he made a whole lot of bad decisions involving money and since he always had his sister taking care of him, it somehow became Na-ri's mother's liability. So, I think if there is a sort of marriage in work here that was done to sidestep these issues. I doubt its a legal marriage, I think its a well done and elaborate ruse. The interest people have on her property is quite alarming. Its a real estate equivalent of gold mine so I'm sure Na-ri's mom had been offered money to sell it as well.

The way Nan-gil smiled while kneading the dough, he can't be smiling just because she accepted him as a father. It is definitely because he cares, maybe he had a long time one sided crush on her. She never noticed or she knew him but doesn't exactly remember. Both Nan-gil and Na-ri are native to the same locality so its only natural they have crossed path once or twice. 

Good idea. I didn't think that the marriage was fake since Duk Bong acted as if he was able to find out about the marriage and mentioned that the house was in Nan Gil's name. However, given that DB overheard NR and NG talking, maybe that is where he heard about the marriage, though the paperwork to register the land and house in NG's name probably did happen. 

Anyway, I think it's a scheme that NG and NR's mother cooked up to protect NR in some ways, whether so that NR's entire inheritance isn't sold by NR's uncle or to protect it from NR's ex-fiancee who does also seem to be eyeing the land that the dumpling shop is on. I guess that land is very valuable. Who knows, NR's mother may have signed it over to NG so that she herself didn't sell it to try to pay off her brother's debts yet again.

Also, NG said that he had been married to NR's mother for over a year, and had been working at the dumpling shop even before the marriage. I think it's interesting that during that time NR never noticed him, though given her personality at the start, maybe it's not too surprising, especially if NG stayed out of NR's way as he mentions. 

This drama really got funny for me when NR starts talking in formal speech to NG while he puts on fatherly airs, despite NR's inner self wanting to beat up this guy who is younger than herself. :) The doctor is also hilarious. 

Nice to see you on the thread @hairuchii. I'm still not over the other drama, but thought that I had better try to watch something else rather than the other one on endless repeat. Not quite sure about this drama yet, but I'm watching for the moment.

@stroppyse I think Na-Ri is the type who doesn't interact much outside her close circle. Its her work, back home, work again, back home, the boyfriend and so on for her. I think she used to come home, meet her mum, stay the night, leave again. She definitely over-works herself. As for the marriage, its legal so far it seems like you pointed it out. But what if they screwed up details here and there that may make it null and void upon carefully scrutinizing the details. Is that possible, it has to be fake somehow for them to progress as couples, I don't know?? Lets see, I am ready to be surprised whatever way possible, I already like my OTP and my second lead syndrome is wide awake, I am in.

@valsava

It's fun to come up with likely scenarios involving the mysterious Nan Gil, isn't it?

The mom might have answered a distress call from her brother that is why she came out. She might have seen her brother held by the loan sharks from the other side of the street and when she rushed to cross it, she became a victim of hit and run. It must be the reason why Nan Gil told him not to come back and not to call, because he will be dealing with the loan sharks himself. I think Nan Gil is gathering intel on what really happened that night that led to mom's death. There might even be a link between Na Ri's ex-bf and the gang, seeing that he's willing to lend the uncle 10M won each time he comes by to borrow money. I still think that he also has vested interest in the property that is why he is loathe to part with Na Ri. He already knows the value of the land so he knows that if he marries Na Ri he's gonna get his hands on that eventually.

What's clear is that there must be a contract between Na Ri's mom and Nan Gil. Whatever it is, it is tied up with the house, the business and the land - Na Ri's inheritance, that needs protecting. As some chingus posit, Nan Gil and Na Ri will be a couple later through mom's will. It's this story arc that makes this drama enticing and exciting. You cannot really predict what will happen next, which adds to the fun of watching this drama unfold.

Na Ri is clueless about what's going on in mom's life because she's a workaholic- work, sleep, work. While she obviously loves her mom, she takes her presence for granted, like she's gonna be there forever. It's only now that she's putting some of the puzzle pieces together, but will not able to get the whole picture - not yet anyway. She's in her own world and doesn't or isn't inclined to know what's outside her own space. Nan Gil is known in the neighborhood whereas it seems that Na Ri only knows a few people in her own village.

There's something which I wish to seek comments on...?

When Na Ri meets Nan Gil in person at her mother's memorial on the edge of the forest, it has been ten months since her mother's passing. 

Later, when Nan Gil and Na Ri are having lunch after her visit to the hospital, Nan Gil explains that the day he met Na Ri in person at her mother's memorial happened to be the day of the first-year anniversary of his marriage to Nari's mother. 

So, Na Ri's mother was involved in an accident two months after she married Nan Gil (or entered into some kind of contractual agreement with him).

Nan Gil also said that he had only been working at Hong Dumplings for slightly more than a year.

So, how did someone (like Nan Gil) become so good at managing the restaurant and making dumplings even though he had logically had a little more than two months with Na Ri's mother to train and learn?

Would this be a foreshadowing of some link in the past between Nari, Nari's mother and Nan Gil? I felt that there had been a little more than necessary emphasis on time of events in the plot so far. Nan Gil had to explicitly explain when he married her mother, and when he started work at the restaurant. Na Ri, in her voiceover (I think?) , explained how it had been ten months since she broke up with her ex-fiancé. Why is there so much attention given to the time of events? Could this perhaps be the writer's foreshadowing of a secret, past relationship that links all three characters? I could be reading too much into this, but I think there has to be some reason why the writer draws our attention to the occurrence of events. 

On 10/27/2016 at 7:13 AM, xiashenghan said:

OMG eonnie! Why did you have to mention lovey dovey? Now I will imagine it.   Goosebumps.

oopss....hehe..didn't know you will have the same reaction as me. haha...put that aside to enjoy the drama. I am sure they were not lovey dovey. Believe me!

On 10/27/2016 at 6:28 AM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Hihi chingu.  glad to hear that you have returned to your usual RL and keeping busy.   I am looking for new dramas to watch now cos have been watching ONE drama for too long...feeling weird....then chanced upon this one.  I only know Soo Ae in this drama...and I do not dislike the male lead so it is watchable for me and Ep 2 really took me by surprise....  OST is lively...this drama is light-hearted for a start.

Hide contents

Notice there are 3 experienced actresses whom I like having dramas concurrently now... Soo Ae, Choi Ji-woo and Kim Ha-Neul and in all 3 dramas, the leads seem to be ladies for a change...spazzing over hot male leads can be tiring.... LOL...:lol:

If you are like me...you won't immediatly like KYK. But he has the charm...he is so KYK. i won't go gaga over him but I do like to watch his dramas...strangely. Ep2 took me by surprise too. 

Spoiler

whoa chingu, you have quite a number of dramas on your plate. I heard OTWTA is heavy (melo) ..that's why I am not watching. I love watching romcom, light and easy..though I think Sweet stranger started off as light, but I think the complicated stuff is coming soon.And I agree with you...spazzin gover hot male leads are tiring!! I hope you will soon find the leads in sweet stranger hot too...

On 10/27/2016 at 7:30 AM, fragglerock said:

@moodypie  I agree about the gangster background and based on what was implied with the group of gangsters he has a reputation and one that shouldnt be messed with.  So be interesting to know where this storyline goes.  On the other count yes i cant seem to stay away from Starry Night myself he is brilliant in that, i like that he commits to her regardless what goes on and her him despite her doubts if he is upset, like about the ex she steps up to fix it so they are both good again and work together.   That to me is how dramas should work.  My other favourite scene in that was when the second male lead was going to go behind there backs on the advertising competition she sneaked in and told him the whole truth without hesitation.  So very interested in where they take his character in this drama.

@fragglerockI agree with you on Strarry night. I like it when the female lead act with common sense. ;) 

i like Soo Ae's char in ep2. I like how she deal with her ex, and how she shows a bit of trust in Nan gil. And love how she confront her colleague for stealing her fiance. :) 

On 10/27/2016 at 10:23 AM, necychessie said:

Its great to see that there are so many good reviews about this drama :w00t: i hope the rating will increase so sudden like MDBTC. 

@penelop3 yeah LSH's face does look weird if you see his face for the first time lol But believe me after you watched his face several times you would eventually find his face is so attractive and cool like handsome vampire! he really should act in vampire drama soon!

fingers cross on the rating!!  Oh..he was cool in his vampire look...with blood on his mouth. he has a cool look ...not sure if I would call him handsome, but he does have the look that will make you stare at him. 

On 10/27/2016 at 1:44 PM, yeuminsook said:

Give our thread, this is my first fanmade video for Soo Ae's new drama :heart: 

Nice one!! keep it up. Good that you also include the scene where he carried her to the hospital and with the WH song at the background. haha. 

11 hours ago, valsava said:

Sorry @wasted_youth  I had to barrow this

Spoiler

Hide contents

The expression on there faces is priceless 

:lol::lol::blink::blink::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::blink::blink::lol::lol:

I have to copy your emo here....

hahahahahahahahaha....really daebak!!! 

don't quote images, gifs, videos

Archived