[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

That was a quality first episode. Fast-paced, full of interesting information and character introductions. What I really like is that the drama isn't "overpopulated" and that even though their are side characters each of them stands out on their own. I particular like BS's family and MH's secretary. The episode contained mostly scenes which were included in the previews so there weren't many suprises for me (but I think most people didn't so obsessively watch and rewatch each teaser), however, each new scene fitted nicely and judging from the episode 2 preview there will be more of them in the next episode. I really like the camera and PD's style - how each scene is full of warm, autumn colors - it really adds to the happy feeling of the entire drama. It's such a nice change after a drama like Hwarang where the camera/filters were so "washed-out".

But the true highlight of the drama for me were PBY and PHS. I love them when their are in scenes on their own and I love them even more when they are together. Min Hyuk and Bong Soo are both such unconventional and non-stereotypical leads which makes them even more fascinating and intriguing. I'm looking foward to learn more about them. It's clear how much I ship the OTP romantically, but I really do love them together as partners because both the actors have such an amazing chemistry and I'm not talking only about attraction but the way how they work together, the connection and symbiosis they have in their scenes together. You know there is this constant interaction and communication, they are very well-matched acting wise and this whole awesome dynamic between MH and BS wouldn't work if one of them was inferior in the acting department.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he kidnapped the actual woman n disguised as her.  Hence, the body of woman seen walking.  

Anyhoooo,  i like the tone of this rom com. PBY is cute,  PHS is superb n JS is serious. So,  she was born with the strenght that was coming from her mother side of family.  Her mother lost the power once the dots acting up.  Interesting. 

And the main reason for watching is PHS. wow,  he looks great in here.  

It's still early to judge if this is good or bad drama for just watching episode 1. I'm liking it because of the great chemistry between all characters. The mix of comedy, action and romance (more to come soon:lol:) will definitely make the storyline more interesting in the future episodes and I just can't wait to see my MH&BS cute ship to start sailing soon :wub:

Thanks to all the sharing here :heart:

OMG, MV OST 1 has some new spoiler and DBS & AMH scenes. I can feel their chemistry :blush: 

And again, I must say so many times, PHS's eye acting is really something amazing :bawling: I love his eye acting so much, from SMJ to AMH :heart: I really hope he will do melo drama in the future :grin:

Finally they spoil a little peek of kiss, wait so long lol :blush:

Screenshot_2017_02_24_22_52_21.png

1 hour ago, briseis said:

LOL :)

The BGM fits how MinHyuk's secretary felt in this scene.

The song is "Lascia Ch'io Pianga", a popular Italian-language soprano aria and it's composed by George Frideric Handel.

The title means "Let Me Cry" or "Let Me Weep".

Translation of the above BGM " Let me weep over my cruel fate, and that I may sigh for freedom."

I haven't found the BGM version yet but here's one of the version, it's from the 1994 movie "Farinelli Il Casrato"

traveler-cute-cat-emoticon.gif Annyeong @snowglobe147 good to see you here. As always thank you for the translations. Im sure this will be just the beginning.:wink: 

Maybe the drama defendant is getting into me because Im intrigued by this masked killer - he/she looks is such a psycho.

We've already got a murdered victim. I didnt expect this drama to go this DARK and so early in the drama. I think this killer might be working with someone else and perhaps the true mastermind is someone older whom knows the history of DBS family and special strength.  And of course I do believe the killer is after both DBS and MH and somehow its all related to the person whom MH was going to visit in the beginning of this ep as well as DBS and her brother's childhood attempt of kidnapping incident. I dont think that whatever happened to MH on that bus was an accident. Even the brakes didnt work so it possibly was tampered. Perhaps MH life was already endangered ever since his schooling period and this explains why he needs a bodyguard

Here's a IG update of the childactress whom was almost hit by the bus that MH was in. 

BTW the preview for ep 2 is different to what was aired during the live streaming. RAW is out so you can catch it there. But in the preview that was aired the 3 difference was that we saw BS mother whom was happy that BS was with a rich man - MH. someone was stabbed in that hospital scene, as well as we see the killer's psychotic and scary face though he/ has a skin coloured mask on. 

Ummm u might not want to see it, Im going to have nightmares lol! 

Spoiler

there appears to be a scar and he/ she doesnt look human - whats with that huff of smoke?? ekkkk!

60b62b7be7879360ef484734a48790a7.png

b95697b50ec95619f84afe03d716ab03.png

I've made gifs of the OTP moments in the MV. The video hints that the drama will eventually grow more serious and subtly dramatic as their relationship grows deeper and the threats more dangerous and I'm very much looking foward to it. 

tumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo7_400.giftumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo3_400.giftumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo6_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo5_400.giftumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo8_400.giftumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo4_400.giftumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo1_400.giftumblr_olw2tsuhUE1s8t96qo2_400.gif

7 minutes ago, ferily said:

Woah, where did you get those scenes from @briseis?

Also oh man, Minhyuk sure is one of a kind :lol: To Do Bong Soon, he's like why do you want to join our company? DBS: because it's a good company. He automatically puts out his hand to welcome her...haha!

It's from the official MV for the OST Part 1 - I posted the video during the broadcast :) There is a lot of spoilery scenes.

Aw man, Episode 1 was hilarious :lol: Loving Do Bong Soon already and with her strong strength. I already ship her and Minhyuk together after watching the MV too... but to really understand everything in this episode, I'll need subs~

@briseis Thank you! I checked it out, and there are so many OTP scenes! I am okay with spoilers! :D

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Maybe the drama defendant is getting into me because Im intrigued by this masked killer - he/she looks is such a psycho.

We've already got a murdered victim. I didnt expect this drama to go this DARK and so early in the drama. I think this killer might be working with someone else and perhaps the true mastermind is someone older whom knows the history of DBS family and special strength.  And of course I do believe the killer is after both DBS and MH and somehow its all related to the person whom MH was going to visit in the beginning of this ep as well as DBS and her brother's childhood attempt of kidnapping incident. I dont think that whatever happened to MH on that bus was an accident. Even the brakes didnt work so it possibly was tampered. Perhaps MH life was already endangered ever since his schooling period and this explains why he needs a bodyguard

I don't think that MH was going to visit anyone - well, not anyone alive, that is. Judging from the wrapping of the bouquet and the white chrysanthemums he is either going to a funeral or even more likely, TO VISIT SOMEONE'S GRAVE. His sad expression reveals it must have been someone very dear to him - perhaps his mother considering that she has never been mentioned nor depicted in the character/relationship chart.

MemmWex.pngiVkyqpW.png

1 hour ago, Era Ferawati said:

He paint her.

Sr.dc 

OMG!!! :scream:

I finally watched the episode! I don't care for subtitles, the recaps that you all provided is good enough!

I knew it that he's been looking for her or something, cause of the bus scene in the beginning! The painting.. :( This drama is getting good already! LOVE IT! :heart:

Archived