[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

2 hours ago, yongpal said:

While everyone else got infected with 2nd lead syndrome, here I am infected with the "Hong Hong Hong Cheese Syndrome" :w00t: 

The newest cheese for sale! Hong hong hong :w00t:

Yes! Count me in @yongpal! I am strongly with you, mentally and physically! And I am also in love with my latest favourite couple Kim Rae Won & Park Shin Hye aka Ji Hong & Hye Jung ~ HongJung Couple! 

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, NileRose said:

Me too I want to watch their interactions hahaha 

Me too me too! Not expecting much, but little cute and dorky interactions will do! And won't hurt anyone~ Ah, why am i not such a loyal shipper?:( why i got infected right after i saw YD with HJ on screen in one frame kkk idk:(

8 minutes ago, Ayame said:

Uploaded the whole clip from SBS Open TV, in case anyone can't watch it on the SBS website. I uploaded on Google Drive than on youtube directly, since that would get blocked right away.

Thank you so much!^^~

• Like 5

Hi everyone,

I am just new here. I would like to post about some opinions and be updated also about the drama since I love Park Shin Hye and  Kim Rae Won. I am crazy about their chemistry.  I am so happy that the drama is doing so well. So proud of them and the rest of team.

• Like 18

I love the stunning  scenes of every episodes of this drama. My Mondays and Tuesdays have always been so exciting  whenever I watch  it. Even though I am working at the same time. I really do the live streaming  of their drama. So happy I've found this forum . So I can have a lot of updates.  More updates soon and I will also try to post some interesting  articles  as well.  So happy that I can read a lot of updates  from them.

• Like 13

OMG Got to join the spazz as I finally saw this morning EP 6 with SUBS! Oh the feels!I was away going to see GOT7 in NYC -so worth it even taking 12am bus back to Boston!

Thanks to all those who repeatedly share their hard work-recaps, art, gifts, BTS, videos and thoughts of Doctors.

-Yup true she was uninjured after the guy fell over her but glad HJ was fine.

-Wow love of HJH running like a bandit to see HJ after SH said she never ignores my calls and pages.WOW even the normally happy go lucky HJH (I do adore the HONG HONG HONG phone name on HJ's cell for him cute!) to lose it thanks to HJ. So it is ON he really is going to take his role seriously to be her PROTECTOR! The way he LIT into YD~ Lol!

-YD's uncle is funny, such a flirt trying to get in the way jokingly between HJH and HJ naming each time they meet up. LOL. Adorbs. Or YD avoiding HJH realizing OOPS he got off the wrong foot with his uncle's college bestie. Or how they all WORMED HJH and YD's uncle to get a ride to work and YD's uncle immediately repeating YD's saying HJH -I don't like him. LOL! Oh the awkwardness! So funny the YD's discomfort was real. But HJH being the cool person he is did mention he should apologize for going overboard to YD. Good job there.

-YD's running away from HJ was hilarious though too! I loved how he thought she would get on his case for being so "hopeless" but instead no only she doesn't go about how useless as a man he is, she teaches him moves and thanks him. Plus doesn't contradict what he tells everyone else what went down in the hospital room. The fact she overheard he said he saved HJ and that Kang Kyung Joon was curious if it was true. (No duh he saw how HJ moved.) But HJ true to her not feeding gossip reminding him to get more case projects for his three papers for his deadlines. She was cool to YD and showing the moves---naming them and saying she is a pro fighter was cool. I liked how HJ told HJH thanks to YD he saved her which was COOL of her. HJH is no fool, he knows HJ can fight. How can you not love our HJ? Yup YD is a goner now! Especially that cute expression showing he is a GONER after she demonstrated those moves on him. 

-YD is aware and I love how he and Tae Ho snuff down on Seo Woo as well as HJH tell her you really have it OUT for HJ. Compared to HJ who doesn't deem to talk at ALL about SW, she freely talks about her and cuts her down. I like how they all know about her insecurity and fear of competition. I loved how SW was like-I didn't want to shock but she was a gangster and got expelled. Notice that SW was aghast when YD was like---yeah she told me HERSELF! Of course she is a good person, she has nothing to hide and is full upfront about it.

-YD attempt for conversation when HJ was standing waiting for HJH, he was a smidgeon jealous. Trying to do small talk, he expected her to talk and ask questions, her expression and "why?" was priceless. He realizes she is not one to easily get to know and but is honest, hard working and forthright. Values are good and takes cares of those around her in her way. How he let KS get a meal hearing HJ was doing the task he was supposed to do for boss. He is totally eating what he said he would not be CURIOUS or ask questions about her from episode 1. Yup eating his words indeed.

-Even when HJ asked him to see the MRI and he refused to take her step mom's case--she let him be not telling him who it was and he gave her an earful on policy and it was not right to do that foisting a patient just because. I think he saw and had new found respect hearing from OTHERS that it was her messy and not nice step mom. He felt sympathy for her but also she did not PLAY the relative card or how her step mom was horrible to her. So he knew she was not one to whine and try to get her way for currying favor. I think he found that refreshing from SW. So when he agreed to take the step mom on , it definitely was a step towards HJ. Gosh that look of excitement to go to the investigators to talk after the deal with BIG BOSS and the knife welding strangers--I thought it cute he made sure to insert---HJH already talked to the investigators. LOL!

-HJH dad is cute. I like how he wants to spend time with JH and admonishing him for starting work earlier than needed and not taking vacation. So when he cutely finagled him to go fishing he whined playfully but enjoyed his time with dad. But nothing passes through dad's eyes when JH eyes lit up and he had a sweeter tone towards our HJ. When JH tries to  play it off oh just a hoobae DR at the hospital. Dad's observational skills said----must be a pretty hoobae then. Love it! (I think he is probably finally relieved JH is showing signs of wanting to date someone!)

-I read alot about SH's advertising for her place at the hospital. I think the way she did go about it was not the best way. Plus going into the private doctor's place I kind of feel right and agree with Kyung Joon. She was out of line. Funny how Young Kuk smoothed her feathers and joked I don't hit on women over 30--for SH to lie she is 26. But then when asked her friend is a DR there ---who? (Duh that would expose your lie!)

-Our puppies KS and SH meet up at the lunch cafeteria. Though I love SH , she is a bit too much but KS is adorbs wanting to make sure HJ was joining in the festivities and SH fast on the uptake wanting to treat all and her bestie HJ's celebration. But the 50% discount was cute. Seeing SW was jealous and made poor Youngguk leave he was right. Her constantly blaming makes her look insecure and afraid WHICH is true.

-I like that HJ step sis seems kind. She saw through her own mom realizing who HJ is and I am sure she knows how harsh her mom's tongue is. I feel she was embarrassed for her mom and her and sorry towards HJ after her rant-I won't let you treat me. To only later take back her words---oh you get a hospital discount? I need to be treated here then not anywhere else. UGGGH hideous mom. I liked how we saw grandma back again and trying to heal her heart that no parent hates their child. If HJ looks inside herself, she was misbehaved and expelled and constantly fighting. He was at his wits end and brought her to his mom's place. Plus his wife and HJ  stepmom was not nice and horrible. So for his home harmony he had to give up HJ.

-The side story of the store owner and SW, I did not have much emotion myself after she died. I felt she had a kindred in arms for Seo Woo. Though there were parts I agreed ---letting free and being a bit more honest of your emotions. I did not care for her spitting on the new wife of her ex husband. Granted she did take away the hubby and remarried him. But there has to be some blame on BOTH sides. It was good that YD was there to hold SW back and try to comfort her in his way.

-When HJ gives the plan to welcome him and set up for a bribe, she is true to herself being upfront and honest. I thought HJH was taking the moving forward and letting go too much. He should know more than anything how much grandmother meant to HJ. But glad he got guilty conscience and asked his dad for help when ironically he COULD not access the info. It spoke volumes when he gave the info to HJ saying he had a copy and would have an expert and do research on the paperwork to get to the bottom of everything so HJ could breathe easily and more freely to know what happened.

-YD trying to console HJ definitely showed sides of her -tough, tit for tat, fighter, sad and unhappy, not uber social to him, proud -he just laps it up. I do like he is SIMPLE and like HJ grandmother and that makes him less complicated. Gosh HJ has him better pegged than SW. SW's mom knows that he is not hard to read but SW cannot change their relationship so easily. Whereas the more recent sides he has seen of SW are not too attractive to him and her constant commenting on his dating life and who he hangs out with is NOT going to make him like you. He friend zoned you so LONG ago. It is hard and rare to get a guy out of that for you (even if you are a pretty , smart young woman as SW).

-the stages of skinship and announcing to HJ  how JH is courting her is cute. So appropriate as he know he can have his butt kicked if she doesn't want ANY monkey business. He has to be delicate and thoughtful and mindful. We know with her interactions with Chul Soo she head butted him and avoided his LIPS, told him she is NO ONE's property when he tried to make him his gal. So JH announcing he has a plan to court her and telling her-she needs to understand and allow someone to protect her etc. These are baby steps to be closer skinship both physically and slowly emotionally as well.

The hug seemed awkward but she did not push him away and she was shocked when he just simply said thank you to HJ. Yup thanks for being safe and alive! DUH. Then announcing her to confide in him more after giving grandmom's file to HJ. To telling her I am going to do something men do to women they like. Go yes the kiss looked awkward and not uber smooth but you know I am ok and agreed. If it was too smooth, passionate/abrupt (the Oh Hae Young HOT wall kiss) would have been SO out of place. I trust KRW skills as as kisser and PSH gets a bad rap for doing what the director says. I feel in time we have 14 more episodes to see more developing skinship and more satisfying kisses. (Heck we got some when watching her in Pinocchio. Gosh that kiss in the snow there with Lee Jong Suk was great! Even the Toast kiss was meant to be more innocent was awesome!)

-I am just enjoying the emotions, chemistry between the characters and not READING too much into the plot and holes and what not. This is what I need this summer! Now back to my corner and anxiously waiting for next week!

• Like 24

4 hours ago, yongpal said:

While everyone else got infected with 2nd lead syndrome, here I am infected with the "Hong Hong Hong Cheese Syndrome" :w00t: 

The newest cheese for sale! Hong hong hong :w00t:

He's cheesy, but I Loooooveeeee  him! :wub: :heart:

• Like 11

Is it just me or do you all have the 3 ost's on replay mode, cause I'm definitely guilty of it. 

Finally got to hear the BGM that I fell in love with again in EP 6, during the raining scene! Was waiting for the full version since I last heard it during the bicycle scene! 

Absolutely hauntingly beautiful. If that makes any sense at all! ;)

• Like 15

I tried to post a picture but I can't post it , I guess I need to know more on how to post pictures here.  Love the thread so active. We have so many active members here.   I am looking forward for all the latest updates. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lynn1272 said:

Yes! Count me in @yongpal! I am strongly with you, mentally and physically! And I am also in love with my latest favourite couple Kim Rae Won & Park Shin Hye aka Ji Hong & Hye Jung ~ HongJung Couple! 

So, is there a meaning behind Hong Hong Hong? I've seen it mentioned multiple times but am unsure what it means, if anything.

Thanks!

• Like 4

Okay..so I finally got time to watch Ep6 with subs. I really like some parts of it. Here are some of my thoughts on Ep 6.

-We got to see JH's raw emotions. He lost it when he thought HJ got stabbed. It was nice to see a little of his insecurities because up to now, we only saw how he live his life, happy-go-lucky..avoiding conflict if he can. I like that he shows how deep inside, he has deep emotions too. Especially now we could see he is really protective of HJ (esp once he found out that YD goaded HJ into doing the surgery). Am excited to see how he would react in future eps, because we all know for sure at some point, he would need to aggressively defend HJ and protect her..pretty sure HJ will get attacked somehow..n I don't mean physically.

-JH has a slight jealous streak when his best mate makes passes at HJ. Note how he push his mate away, and stand in front of HJ as his mate went pass to go into the surgery room. His stance (legs wide open and arms almost akimbo) was protective and he was sorta shielding/blocking HJ frm view. 

-YD is really funny in this ep. I am warming up to him. Oh no! Poor guy...gonna get his heart break. I was laughing so hard when he had that conversation while HJ was waiting for JH with the flower pot. Total fail. She didn't take his bait. In fact, she was clueless. He was so embarassed, he punch his password wrongly, only to repunch to get in his room. LOL!!!

-I like how JH caress the flower pot while he decided to help HJ and search for the files. It is such an affectionate gesture. He is thinking of her as he search for it. 

-I find SW annoying only...but somehow I don't hate her. If u look into her deeply, she is actually a good person. Just that she grew up with horrible parents. One could hardly blame how she acted that way. I felt that throughout this whole drama, she will definitely redeem herself. If there is anyone I hate, it would be In Joo (I really hated her entitlement to JH. Remember how she went, "we should just get married?" To JH in Ep 1 or 2. And how she seems to think she is the ONLY perfect match to JH..gosh..and for a mature adult woman to say such things to an 18 year old HJ...so childish.)

• Like 15

6 hours ago, jadecloud said:

@littleloony Hey chingu. Well-said. BRAVO! I couldn't agree with you more.:wub:

About H-site's review., particularly for this same reviewer, I've long since disregarded it as being a credible source of reviews. It sometimes makes me wonder if said reviewer is watching the same drama like we are, or if he had been watching the same drama with a different or erroneous understanding of the background literature, or that there exists some form of bias.  I can understand and accept POVs that are different, but this is more than an issue of being different, it's not credible. Instead it's puzzling. You're right. Such reviews can discourage peeps who are sitting on the fence wondering if they should watch it, or peeps who have intended to marathon it in one sitting but could change their mind with a review like this.  Anyway, this is not the first from this reviewer. Frankly, I'm not surprised. What I'm surprised about is why H-site does not vet its content. :angry:

Btw, I see some of you being amused by this caller ID ^^^ :P 

홍 hong is a last name, and also means in hanja 鸿(great, grand, magnificent, impartial...) or 红(red, popular, renowned...)

Why did HJ input HJH in her cell as 홍홍홍 and not as 홍지? Here's my take...

While it's cute, and obviously, it's triple of his name , methinks it means more. To HJ, HJH is triple the greatness, and very popular in school. I think HJ has since school days been in awe of HJH, and has huge respect for him too. After all, he's the one who motivated her towards living differently and aiming higher, besides her grandma. Also, it is her feel of closeness to HJH. When you call someone by their nickname or initial, isn't there like a certain level of informality or comfort that you feel for the other? Even if it is just how you feel or think? Likewise, that's how HJ sees HJH. Close in her heart, in her own small and private world. In fact, so close and so private that even her bestie Soon Hee doesn't know about it.

We also know that HJH will be the world to YHJ in future. That would be triple the greatness, and even more, yes? Writer-nim's intention? I bet it is not a namesake by chance. 

Just sayingB)

This is the answer to your question, @bigmomma12345. @jadecloud did a really good work.

12 minutes ago, bigmomma12345 said:

So, is there a meaning behind Hong Hong Hong? I've seen it mentioned multiple times but am unsure what it means, if anything.

Thanks!

• Like 16