[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

Ep this wk made a strong build up on YD's character from the initial too stiff, bossy type to dorky, funny nephew n colleague. :wub: @angelangie that scene was epic funny.:blush:

@kasmic i like this drama's fashion esp luv how wardrobe n stylist do to JH they made him look so yummy i mean young from the color choices n all:blush::heart:

• Like 17

11 hours ago, Hanyeoun said:

Here are my thoughts for this week's airing:

- I really like how HJ was depicted in her high school years. Abandoned by her biological father, abused by her stepmother, played by SW, neglected cruelly by her grandmother's attending surgeon, and so on... Seeing her being pounded into the dirt leaves us caring for such a compelling character. She has definitely grown into a woman, scared to be involved into family matters again, and into a doctor that needs to learn to have some compassion, and how to live her life with meaning. We are starting to see HJ wondering how it feels like to have a family again after seeing how her step-sister has managed to live so well under her horrible parents running a restaurant (very disgraceful how they stole grandma's business name).

- Most people say hospital discussions ran by elders are just unnecessary fillers. However, I think they serve their purpose as some sort of subtle awareness for the general audience. Privatization and commercialized hospitals are a huge problem in South Korea, not only there, but in most parts of the world. Imagine when the general population wouldn't be able to access health care anymore without having some deep pockets. As for doctors in hospitals, they usually do not see their patients personally (like SW does) unless they are doing their tours or doing some clinic assignments in order to fill their professional quotas. Most of the time, this is the job for registered nurses or residents to identify potential problems and filing reports to attending doctors when they are not present.

There are are some issues I have with Episode 6:

- SH is really out of place for promoting her restaurant bar - in a hospital. She may be clueless or a dimwit, but there has to be some line of decency when citizens are sick and the idea of alcohol isn't really the best idea to cheer them up. How the hell did she have access to the resident's room?

- The overexposure of martial arts skill from HJ to YD is unnecessary. It was plenty enough to show YD that HJ isn't a person to be messed with, based on how she defended herself from the guy who wanted revenge on the mob boss. I don't think putting fear into someone by surprise is a positive way to fall for someone. The drama could have found a better way for YD to like HJ. In episode 5, I really liked how he apologized to her and even gave his respect to HJ after witnessing what she was capable of, as a fellow doctor. Why not expand on that? However, I'm glad how the screenwriter was able to use YD's statement on how he likes women with a painful past by reintroducing HJ's stepmother into the scene.

- The kiss scene definitely feels awkward. It was the kind that was appropriate for both characters, but I think it has to do on how it was filmed and edited. I cannot figure out why it's not satisfying.

Anyways, I'll probably do a rewatch this weekend!

:heart: to you Doctor fans! :blush:

Ehm...because their lips were only touching and not moving? It looked like those kissing figurine:

il_570xN.287466821.jpg

I definitly want to see lots of passionate kisses from these two. That  last scene, just look at their eyes, the expression is so real and genuine it makes me sure they're just themselves and not their characters! 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@Bookworm95, seeing this clip is about to make me start a rumor about these two..:heart::heart::heart: seeing the two of them in the clip as they watched themselves,,,,,kekekeke........loved it!!  Park Shin Hye gets a little embarrassed and leans her head on his shoulder as she giggles.  TOO FREAKING CUTE!!!!

Yesssssss, i can't handle their cutenessss. 

If i'm not misheard when they watched their scene together, did PSH said "Oppa" to KRW instead "Sunbaenim" ? 
that's why i need english translate to makesure LOL :blush:

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Rin90 said:

Happy Eid Mubarrak muslims chingu... :wub:

Downloading the bTs and super excited right now!

Hoping another bts will come out soon.

Addicted wth "Hong hong hong cheese" brand!

Thank you chingu, GBU :D
Ahhhhhh...Hong hong hong cheese :w00t:

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, caray said:

Hi all,

It has been ages since I last posted on Soompi (2-3yrs back I think?).. AHYI and YTBLSS killed me and I haven't posted since then. I see some familiar people here (Hi you guys! *waves*). Been a silent participant of this thread since it began and I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

I actually think I remember you from the YTBLSS thread. (I'm not sure if you remember, but I'm the one that hosted the 'YTBLSS soompi awards' back then. Can't believe that was 3 years ago lol.)

Anyway, I really enjoy your analysis, I read it all. ^^ I'm sort of worried about JH's father as well. I feel like something will happen to JH's father, but I certainly hope nothing will. I'm also a bit curious about HJ's half-sister Yoo Na. From the character description of HJ's half-sister, she's supposed to be the one person to help HJ reconcile with her father? I'm curious as to how that will play out.

7 minutes ago, Bookworm95 said:

Yesssssss, i can't handle their cutenessss. 

If i'm not misheard when they watched their scene together, did PSH said "Oppa" to KRW instead "Sunbaenim" ? 
that's why i need english translate to makesure LOL :blush:

Yeah she did call him "Oppa". PSH even called him "Oppa" back during the press conference before the drama started airing.

• Like 19

Image result for Doctors Crush korean dramaRelated imageImage result for Doctors Crush korean drama 

I JUST WANT TO OPEN YOUR CLOSED HEART AND ARMS, WIDE ENOUGH FOR LOVE, HAPPINESS & ME....

In one episode HJ is taken from a thankful embrace by JH we notice that she is partly in shock her whole body is like a wall. Arms down stiff and both hands clinched tightly not just that but she can't even breathe.  Having JH's  strong arms wrapped around her in that moment in the open was JH's way of saying I am so thankful you're alive!  At the same time it was shaking HJ's heart her body can't move and her mind can't think.  Even when he releases her she first takes a breath moves forward still hands clinched and body stiff but inside every part of her is shaking.  For in that moment JH wasn't her teacher, or the doctor she looked up to but a man holding her within his arms.   A safe & warm place she had never been before....

JH understands her better than anyone maybe even better than herself.  He sees what everyone else does but he knows her heart even better.  That HJ on the inside is still a young girl not quite a woman.  It's why he tells her tenderly what he is going to do whether its a hug or a kiss he leads her heart while dancing in the rain every step of the way. It's not like him teaching her math or science or even some medical procedure for that would be easy for him. It's showing her the beauty of life, being loved, loving and most of all trusting. Hoping to open up her heart and place his love within it.  It's the struggle of having to hold his own heart back filled with 13 years of waiting & wanting to show her all these feelings bursting inside of him.  Wanting to give her the moon & the stars, that romantic view of a sunset or sunrise, even those romantic words he has said to her in his mind a million times.  Simply, Slowly & Sweetly he wants nothing more than just to be her MAN.  The one she herself finely holds onto with both hands.....:wub::wub:

Credit & Thanks to original owners of photos...

9 minutes ago, Ayame said:

I actually think I remember you from the YTBLSS thread. (I'm not sure if you remember, but I'm the one that hosted the 'YTBLSS soompi awards' back then. Can't believe that was 3 years ago lol.)

@Ayame Yes! I definitely remember you from that thread! How time flies! Haha It's good to be back and 'active' on a new thread again. :)

There's definitely something blowing in the wind about JH's father. The father & son duo are up to no good trying to do a corporate takeover and it's not going to be nice. I only hope that it doesn't take something really terrible for JH to get out of his passive "I'll just let it slide" vibe that I get from him. He did that with SW and that didn't turn out very well. Then again, SW's in a world of her own and she's stuck in that bubble of self-centeredness. Anyone who tries to talk sense into her is probably going to scream in frustration. I know I would. Hahaha

• Like 13

닥터스 체육관_신혜로운영상

액션마저 신혜로운 혜정이와 오늘도 훈훈한 스윗하지홍♥ #달달해서_죽네 #Fighter_ShinHye♥ #Sweety_Hong.avi 달콤살벌한 두 사람의 메이킹 풀영상이 궁금하다면? ▶http://tvcast.naver.com/v/969359/list/83063 #닥터스 #박신혜 #김래원 #광대승천주의 #심쿵캐치 #스브스캐치 #SBSCatch

Posted by 스브스캐치 on Wednesday, July 6, 2016

• Like 12

9 hours ago, caray said:

My only gripe about JH is he's somewhat nonchalant(?) in his role as a director of the hospital. I'm sure he's aware of the politicking that's going on in the hospital but he's not doing anything about it, yet? I wonder what it'll take for him to fight for what his father has built than to have it overtaken by unscrupulous means. I only hope it doesn't culminate in the death of his father that would push him to fight for the hospital. After all, he did say in the beginning of ep 6 that he detests anything that disrupts his everyday life. I want to see a more proactive JH who will stand up for what is right and protect the people he loves.

Sorry for this super long post and thank you to anyone reading this super long post. :)

Thank you for your insight.  The more the merrier :D I for one appreciate the different POV from everyone.  If there is a point of discussion that we might not agree then we should be able to accept that "we agree to disagree".  

As for the point your mentioned above, I agree that he's aware of the politicking involved.  His father and KTH did tell him about the President's focusing in making more profit.  We also see that the President has started his plan about the impeachment of JH's father from previous episode. Thus the probability of seeing JH doing his part as a Director is high in the nearest episode.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

Thank you for your insight.  The more the merrier :D I for one appreciate the different POV from everyone.  If there is a point of discussion that we might not agree then we should be able to accept that "we agree to disagree".  

As for the point your mentioned above, I agree that he's aware of the politicking involved.  His father and KTW did tell him about the President's focusing in making more profit.  We also see that the President has started his plan about the impeachment of JH's father from previous episode. Thus the probability of seeing JH doing his part as a Director is high in the nearest episode.  

@Yongzura  You're right. I for one am looking forward to how JH is going to tackle this problem. And I'm also looking forward to how HJ will support JH here. Because it looks like he's going to need all the support he can get. :) 

• Like 8

GODDDD........ you guys really, my last post is on page 267 and now 278?? you guys so cruel...

anyway because family gathering i haven't have time to back reading but since i just finish watching ep 6 i got really annoyed with that leech ajuma.. she really has no shame. who is she asking HJ what she have done for her family?? what her family have done for her? just because of 30% discount that leech don't wanna go? make a fuse in her so called daughter office? what an wonderful mother. crazy-monkey-emoticon-001.gif?1292792377

and i wonder how SW still wont open her ear and eyes, at least 3 people (HJH. KTH, JYD) have said a same thing about her insecure. maybe that ajuma death will bring something to her. 

pardon me, but i don't se KRW dancing was odd. for me it's meant to be  funny. he know that HJ feelin blue and he try to make her laugh. i bet KRW back was ache after that kissing scene, he bent to far. 

ahhh almost forget, that restaurant name.. why it should be "Granny Rice Soup" that was't granny resto right?? or they give that name because they open it from money that they got from hospital to cover up granny death?? 

11 minutes ago, shinhyefan said:

why out otp don't have interview on section tv or something like that? I want to see them so much

maybe they will soon due to the rating increase.. i hope so.. i really wanna se the interview

• Like 13

Light reading from DB recaps: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/doctors-episode-5/

Doctors: Episode 5

by dramallama | July 6, 2016 | 

docs05-00085a.jpg

Confessions come with baggage and old rivalries, and it’s no secret that Seo-woo feels threatened by Hye-jung’s presence. Though both of them want nothing to do with their rivalry, the battle seems inevitable, especially with the hint of some growing feelings around them. While thirteen years have passed, our characters still have plenty of growing to do — in acceptance, in compromise, and in love.

• Like 22

58 minutes ago, jadecloud said:

@littleloony Hey chingu. Well-said. BRAVO! I couldn't agree with you more.:wub:

About H-site's review., particularly for this same reviewer, I've long since disregarded it as being a credible source of reviews. It sometimes makes me wonder if said reviewer is watching the same drama like we are, or if he had been watching the same drama with a different or erroneous understanding of the background literature, or that there exists some form of bias.  I can understand and accept POVs that are different, but this is more than an issue of being different, it's not credible. Instead it's puzzling. You're right. Such reviews can discourage peeps who are sitting on the fence wondering if they should watch it, or peeps who have intended to marathon it in one sitting but could change their mind with a review like this.  Anyway, this is not the first from this reviewer. Frankly, I'm not surprised. What I'm surprised about is why H-site does not vet its content. :angry:

Btw, I see some of you being amused by this caller ID ^^^ :P 

홍 hong is a last name, and also means in hanja 鸿(great, grand, magnificent, impartial...) or 红(red, popular, renowned...)

Why did HJ input HJH in her cell as 홍홍홍 and not as 홍지? Here's my take...

While it's cute, and obviously, it's triple of his name , methinks it means more. To HJ, HJH is triple the greatness, and very popular in school. I think HJ has since school days been in awe of HJH, and has huge respect for him too. After all, he's the one who motivated her towards living differently and aiming higher, besides her grandma. Also, it is her feel of closeness to HJH. When you call someone by their nickname or initial, isn't there like a certain level of informality or comfort that you feel for the other? Even if it is just how you feel or think? Likewise, that's how HJ sees HJH. Close in her heart, in her own small and private world. In fact, so close and so private that even her bestie Soon Hee doesn't know about it.

We also know that HJH will be the world to YHJ in future. That would be triple the greatness, and even more, yes? Writer-nim's intention? I bet it is not a namesake by chance. 

Just sayingB)

@jadecloud chingu thanks so much for the compliment :blush:....I was thinking maybe I wrote a little too aggressively :D but this reviewer seems to have history of making articles like this huh? Best to ignore I think :D:D

And thank you for the triple awesome hong insight......I love it when you explain particular things which might be lost in translation.....like how "aein" wasnt merely for boyfriend :D Thanks again :heart:

• Like 12

IS SW A DOCTOR, HOW COME I NEVER SEE HER IN ACTION :) I THINK YG LIKES SW :crazy: HE FOLLOWS HER AROUND :crazy:. SW MOUTH IS FULL OF LIES. SHE TOO VAIN.( IF A FAMILY LIES TOGETHER DIES TOGETHER :angry:)

THE SAMCHOON OF YD MIGHT BE SH LOVE INTERST BECOZ OF AGE :) NOT KS, I THINK KS WILL BE PAIR WITH HJ HALF SISTER. I CANT WAIT FOR THE LOVE TRIANGLE OF YD HJ AND JH . I WANT TO SEE HOW JH GET JEALOUS :)  I WISH SW WILL BE INVITED TO THE PARTY OF KS PLANNING. HOW DID JH GET ADOPTED BY THE HIS FATHER? 

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

GODDDD........ you guys really, my last post is on page 267 and now 278?? you guys so cruel...

anyway because family gathering i haven't have time to back reading but since i just finish watching ep 6 i got really annoyed with that leech ajuma.. she really has no shame. who is she asking HJ what she have done for her family?? what her family have done for her? just because of 30% discount that leech don't wanna go? make a fuse in her so called daughter office? what an wonderful mother. crazy-monkey-emoticon-001.gif?1292792377

and i wonder how SW still wont open her ear and eyes, at least 3 people (HJH. KTH, JYD) have said a same thing about her insecure. maybe that ajuma death will bring something to her. 

pardon me, but i don't se KRW dancing was odd. for me it's meant to be  funny. he know that HJ feelin blue and he try to make her laugh. i bet KRW back was ache after that kissing scene, he bent to far. 

ahhh almost forget, that restaurant name.. why it should be "Granny Rice Soup" that was't granny resto right?? or they give that name because they open it from money that they got from hospital to cover up granny death?? 

maybe they will soon due to the rating increase.. i hope so.. i really wanna se the interview

Yeah i agree with you, i think he's trying to be funny to make her laugh, since i LOL too when watching it. Prob the kiss scene was suppose to be short so it won't hurt his back LOL, but the slow mo and freeze scene made it seems long LOL

• Like 19