[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

9 minutes ago, BrittanyL said:

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've gotten into a drama heavily, my last drama being Reply 1988! I hope I didn't come in too late, I've been watching it since the first episode came out.

I am slowly warming up to the main couple, but that aside I ship almost everyone with each other.:lol:

Welcome here dear friend :) 

• Like 12

Off Topic... th?id=OIP.ed84952919e89f6bb8ff745877e6c3Image result for Doctors Crush korean drama

Just a thought...

The beauty of a thread is the freedom to express your feelings, ideas, thoughts, impressions through your words or pictures or videos etc...  But it's also giving way and respecting others allowing them the same freedom.  Dang isn't it great that we don't all think alike or live in the same place or look alike or speak the same language. How boring that would be.  Robots could take our place :blink:The excitement is learning from others and being moved by what you read one way or the other.  It's the very reason this thread is so amazing and colorful.  I have said this before and its so true during the live/raw of an episode it comes on and there is an excitement in the air.  Then there are those who use their talents thank goodness by giving us a play by play and allowing us to enjoy the excitement as well.  Its like watching fireworks go off one right after the other all different and so unique like a beat to music boom, boom, boom and our minds start moving and our fingers do too!  Doctors is teaching us about love & caring there is enough love in what we see to go around.  Lets enjoy each other being different and open our minds & hearts to others as well... I know one thing it's a lot more exciting & fun being able to come here & having others to share this amazing drama with....:w00t:

:wub: Love Being a Patient:heart:

Am I the only one a tad disappointed with episode 6? I hope I'm able to explain why so here goes:

Sure, the dancing in the rain was funny to see! I smiled eventhough JH has some serious dancing problems I think. On the other hand, it might have been the reason why HJ smiled at him lol :D The kiss however, just felt awkard. It even felt rushed, like the director wanted to have them kiss but he had limited time to make it happen.
Not to mention HJ's awkward stance when he kissed her. Also, not really sparks there. HJ kept her eyes closed, but she didn't really go for it. JH, initiating the kiss, only peckered his lips onto her face, but didn't really seem into it either. I really hope for some romantic into-it kissing scene because this one left me wanting.

And then SH with her promotion of her bar. She went into a hospital for pete's sake! A little respect and dignity would've gone a long way. It's also a weird place to promote a place that serves (presumably) alcohol. For all you know, you're telling someone who just lost a family member due to drunken driving to come have a sip and drown those sorrows away...
Not to mention her cheerfulness when doing so. I get she's trying to come off as cheerful and fun and her place is fun too, but she's in a hospital. And for some odd reason she enters the residents room. KJ was right: where were those guards and what was she doing there? She's got no business at all, even when she knows HJ. It seemed like a forced way to introduce SH to KJ and YK, the residents who will be vieing for her affection most likely.

Then there's HJ's stepmom. Why on earth would she demand to be seen in Gookil while she hated HJ's guts and abused her in the past? Considering the restaurant did well enough (according to her daughter), it feels weird that stepmom keeps rejecting the idea to go to another hospital. What's there to gain? Only pain (I rhymed too! :D )...
And why would HJ go back to the restaurant her father now owns while she clearly cut all ties with him 13 years ago when he dumped her at her halmoni? She kept her distance and for good reason. He was never there for her, never stood up to his new wife for her, neglected her and shipped her off when he couldn't handle it anymore. They say blood is thicker than water, but this is just ridiculous.

I almost forgot about the weird display of martial arts moves HJ performed on YD. What was that all about? "let me show you my skill"? Why? To let him know he shouldn't be embarrassed? She could've told him she was a professional fighter. Not to mention that he should already know considering she beat up the gangsters in episode 1. I thought it was totally out of character for the new and improved HJ, it didn't add to the story and should've only put more fear into YD instead of his heart going bump for her. It's an odd way to fall for someone. I can't remember the last time I had a girl fall for me after I threatened to hit and kick her. Usually, that drives people away.

I thought the acting in episode 6 was outstanding. KRW showed some true envious/jealous traits when he cursed at YD for not protecting HJ. PSH's response and reaction to her stepmom was also very strong. But I found the story a tad lacking. 

I'll most likely watch both episodes 5 and 6 again later this week so perhaps I'll come back and change my point of view, but so far, 6 hasn't impressed me.

• Like 18

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

KRW definitely rub off the good way on PSH, he is able to bring out another sides of PSH....she is still the same her but in Doctors there are something more towards her

Totally agreed with you chingu. KRw bring out the other side of PSH that no other male actor can do. 

• Like 11

Weekly Top 10 K-dramas

by Nancy Z on Tue, Jul 05, 2016

ac62323a-9c0c-4f1d-b8f4-e4c0034ea3ae.jpg

Big changes this week! The top 3 positions, including last week's winner Another Oh Hae Young, are all affected. Is it the Doctor Crush effect? You're definitely going to be surprised, especially by the #2 drama. Is your favorite drama among the Top 10? Let's find out.

I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the new rankings. 

Doctor Crush soars to #1, after leaping into #2 in its first week. Another Oh Hae Young misses the crown, despite giving us the warm fuzzies with an endearing ending. It's actually understandable since Doctor Crush is really crushing the ratings. Check out the surprise reunions and read the recaps.

skipped . . . . .

New Weekly Top 10 in order of popularity:

1. Doctor Crush

more@https://www.dramafever.com/news/weekly-top-10-k-dramas---july-4-2016/

----------------------------------

More Doctors articles at dramafever:

Park Shin Hye dubbed “Action Queen” for filming Doctor Crush without stunt double

https://www.dramafever.com/news/park-shin-hye-dubbed-action-queen-for-filming-doctor-crush-without-stunt-double/

Doctor Crush to introduce Park Shin Hye's on-screen sister

https://www.dramafever.com/news/doctor-crush-to-introduce-park-shin-hyes-on-screen-sister/

• Like 16

19.7 huuuuuul ... I'm so happy

They deserve it .....and for all the blabla about the kiss , i find it normal between gentleman and girl with no exp ''''' so let's focuse for all the episode..... It's like a big funeral and the dead one is a mouse

• Like 17

k7078WV.gif

[Fanart]

CmoyF2BUkAQdZdU.jpg

CmoyFCuUcAAx9_y.jpg

star1hacci

=====================

"Doctors" sets another record

2016/07/05 

Spoiler

photo743752.jpg

"Doctors" went up again.

According to Nielsen Korea, the new SBS drama "Doctors" rated 18.7%.(typo error it should be  19.7%  thanks for correction @ irilight :wub:)

This is 1.3% more than the previous episode and "Doctors" is about to breakthrough 20% anytime.

Meanwhile, MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 11% and KBS 2TV "Beautiful Mind" rated 4%.

Hancinema

• Like 16

“Doctors” Grabs First Place In Contents Price Index Rankings

“Doctors” Grabs First Place In Contents Price Index Rankings

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Doctors” marks another record reflecting its increasing popularity!

According to reports from CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea provided on July 4, “Doctors,” as a new addition to the list, tops the Contents Price Index (CPI) rankings for the fourth week of June (June 20-June 26).

With an interesting plot and a star-studded cast that includes Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won, “Doctors” has continuously been taking first place in viewer rankings as well.

Breaking its five-week streak as first place, tvN’s “Oh Hae Young Again” falls down to second place, while MBC’s “King of Masked Singer” and MBC’s “Infinite Challenge” takes third and fourth place respectively. SBS’s “Wanted” also joins the ranks, finding itself in fifth place, as well as KBS’s “Beautiful Mind” in eighth place.

Other notable changes in the rankings include tvN’s “Dear My Friends” in 11th, OCN’s “Task Force 38” in 14th, and SBS’s “Dear Fair Lady Kong Shim” in 20th.

The Contents Price Index, meant to supplement viewer ratings, is measured by taking various factors into account, such as online news readership, direct searches, and social media mentions.

Watch the latest exciting episode of this drama below:

@http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/05/doctors-grabs-first-place-contents-price-index-rankings/

• Like 22

@CamelKnight, you haven't watched ep 6 with Eng sub yet, have u? Because all your "why" was answered in the ep. R u Asian? Do you put yourself in their positions in the drama? Just find out n u won't say anything like that.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Cmo2jpZUIAA-4AH.jpg

c as tagged

=====================

Rainbow Recaps: Doctor Crush Episode 5

40266f6d-b4fb-4827-8ac2-55f36a0903f7.jpg

This drama just gets me! What did you think of episode 5 of DOCTOR CRUSH?

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/rainbow-recaps-doctor-crush-episode-5/

Now bring the rainbow! 

Spoiler

01.gif

02.gif

03.gif 04.gif

05.gif 06.gif

07.gif

Spoiler

08.gif

09.gif 10.gif

11.gif 12.gif

About the episode:

I got very nervous during this episode, with the surgery and that suspicious man. I knew he came for trouble based on the preview from Episode 4, but still, it got me on the edge of my seat the whole time. That aside and the horrid cliffhanger, I particularly enjoyed how straightforward Ji Hong was in this episode. I guess I'm used to male leads always beating around the bushes or drowning in denial, so this is refreshing and it actually makes me like him a lot. I definitely love how he makes Hye Jung flustered.

And talking about our Hye Jung, I love that even if she had a crush on him and there's clearly something there, she still is clueless about his approaching and the reason why he insists so much on helping her. I love that romance isn't exactly something she worries about and that her priorities are straight. I definitely enjoy when love isn't everything for the female lead and their complexity goes far beyond that.

Talking about romance, I didn't expect Soo Chul to show up again! I wonder if he'll have some important role further in the story. I hope so, I'm totally biased by Ji Soo.

This takes me to second lead. Yoon Do looked a lot more… clumsy? Awkward? in this episode. He wasn't just bickering with Hye Jung and she showed him her charms. We know now that he has a history with complicated women so it's likely he'll be attracted to her, which will cause trouble with Seo Woo because she'll think "Hye Jung is stealing my man again!" Someone needs to teach that girl you don't own people and people can't be stolen from you. Ugh, she really annoys me with her pettiness and inferiority complex.

The new character, Jung Pa Ran (Ji Hong's friend) seems very amusing and I find hilarious he's Yoon Do's uncle. It seem, as well, that everyone is related in that hospital *clicks tongue*.

Anyhow, what did you think of the episode and how things are going so far? I'm pretty sure the blood at the end belongs to the suspicious-looking man (typical of any story) and Hye Jung will be fine, but I'm still anxious. Luckily, next episode comes this week so we don't have to die waiting.

Dramafever

• Like 24

YD as of end of EP 5 -- What a difference an episode makes --Continuing HJ JH Relationship growth, but also the YD Episode.

At the end of EP 4 - limited info on YD, but I stated he appears to be less then likable, but very serious about his profession.

EP 5 added info/scenes to give a better overview of YD

In the first minutes I see the following about YD
- Confirms his outward projected unlikable personality while also, still showing he is serious about his profession/dedicated/skillful Doctor/Surgeon--BUT IMO a lousy Supervisor - he very much projects by his outward attitude a "my way or the highway" supervising style- leads by instilling fear in his subordinates.
- -- Basically -He tells SW he will kick HJ out the hospital- because she is rude, stands out, talks back to him -- he also says she is unskilled - he says this last part without ever having seen her actually perform as a doctor/surgeon. 
- -- A good supervisor leads by example, learns his subordinates professional shortcomings and works with them to increase their skills -- Does not allow his petty personal feelings to enter the work place.
- -- Instead of leading by example or caring for his subordinate/junior, his goal is to set HJ up for failure.  YD, who says he does not think HJ has the skills necessary to be good surgeon, but is willing to put a young boys life at risk by goading HJ to perform a difficult surgery that he was going to perform with her as his assistant, when she says she does not need/want training from him ---all to met his personnel petty goal of getting her kicked out of hospital.  YES- he was also going to be in the operating room (before JH took over), so he could take over when HJ did something wrong -BUT to me NO not enough, if HJ was as unskilled as he thought, she could have killed the patient before he could intervene - Petty childish attitude on YD part.
- ---HJ Scene Note- While it is great/cheer worthy that HJ will not back down from a challenge - she must and will learn with JH help that there is a point when one must except that they can not allow others to push them into situations they are not yet ready to meet, due to their lack of training/experience.

However, with YD the writer is giving us a glimpse of yet another complex character in this great drama -- even having said all above - YD also does show that he is very caring and interested in his patients getting the best care, as well as his currently hidden caring for his subordinates, albeit he comes across as cold.  He does fully and quickly accept what he sees and right away apologizes to HJ for doubting her skill.  It is during this apology we see the inner awkward child aspect of YD. Looking forward to YD development - I expect that he will show significant growth towards becoming both a better person and supervisor as he learns to bring more of his inner caring goodness to his outward reflected personality.
---Not sure at this point, but YD hiding his inner caring goodness, could be his defensive shield - to keep his father off his case and/or to cover up what seems to be his families males tending to be womanizers - which he fears he may also share that trait.

It is also learned in the first minutes in his conversation with SW when she confessed she likes him and was immediately rejected - that he likes women with a past, even if his love ends in regret - his liking of HJ is further broadcast by his uncle saying to him later in episode that he must like that girl since he appears awkward around her.  Kdrama For-shadowing moment with flashing lights and alarm bells going off - YD will/is falling for HJ -a triangle is coming or just a one sided love on YDs part, to enflame SWs jealously - will be interesting to see how writer plays it out   - 
- -- If YD is part of a HJ JH YD triangle I am OK with this.  Even as I am impressed by JHs being straightforward with being in love with JH, I still feel he is too confident - this is due to my impression that he has always had women chasing him and therefore, perhaps unconsciously, expects that HJ will also follow that trend, albeit a bit difficult due to her self built walls - but he does not see any male competition being a problem.
- --  Note - to be part of a love triangle means the writer has to show us that YD has even a slight chance to win HJs affection/love.  Otherwise, there is only one sided love on his part.

We also meet YD father for first time in EP 5 - he is on Team "SW Family" to push JH Father out of hospital and allow it to become a "Money Making machine" Vs a hospital that has as its major goal the care for society.   He comes across as a typical rich chairman of a powerful influential Group.
----- Also,shows he would support a YD SW marriage as good for his Group business growth -- He knows YD is serious about being a doctor/surgeon, so this would also be a subtle way to draw YD into taking over the hospital and becoming in the long term a business man--Ready to inherit the whole family Group.

YD falling in love with HJ will be the catalyst to enflame SW to move towards the dark side and also bring into play YD father as another  opponent   against HJ.  On the plus side - this will also serve to wake up JH that he is going to have become more aggressive to protect HJ and his fathers goals for a caring vs money making hospital.
 ----- SW father long ago, became an opponent of HJ, when his actions or lack there of resulted in her grandmothers death.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Lyna said:

My my my how fast the relationship is developing but I don't have a problem with it. The drama is about growth which I assume isn't just HJ but a growth in relationship as well with JH.

Even if the relationship feel fast since we're only episode 6 but I am sure there is going to be problem in store to test their relationship so they can grow. Especially in the hospital and with SW and hospital politics going in, the white elephant is going to return eventually (which is that student-teacher relationship rumor in high school). And if they're to date, it'll further fuel the rumor as a truth. And this time, it'll be a test if HJ will stand and fight against SW or withdrawal/run away when problems come at her like her younger days. And if she'll push JH away once more.

An early start in relationship doesn't mean all will be peachy. They'll have their trial if they wishes to stay together.

And the kiss at the ending...awkward but acceptable especially if HJ never been in a relationship. Everyone has their awkward first kiss before. I remember In Time With You have an awkward kiss since they went from best friends to lover. Only natural and more real which I prefer rather than seeing a character confess that the person is his first love or first relationship and he's kissing like a pro. Just saying, lol. Practice makes perfect :D

@Lyna  I also aspect the high school student and teacher fling will go floating around the hospital, but it will be the spoil brat the one to get found out she started the rumor because of her crush on her teacher who is now the doctor and once her dad plans falls through he's going to try and hook her up with her past teacher..

I'm looking forward to the rocky relationship with ex-students and teacher, Sw will try and use her parents power against HJ because she's not smart and clever like Hj So a lot of hospital politics will be going as well as the mud throwing and slander.. I some how thinks it's not only HJ halmoni died on the table because of Sw dad didn't ry to save the patients and just let them die his medical skills and ethics will come under scrutiny and he's going to be found guilty for negligence..

HJ stepmom got a lot of nerve thinking she could use her employee discount for her surgey    

• Like 16

30 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

According to Nielsen Korea, the new SBS drama "Doctors" rated 18.7%.

Thank you for the article, @MAROSA_JIN. My guess is that it is a typo in the article. It should be 19.7% (as you yourself reported on the next page, with info from DramaWiki.. I am going to comment on Hancinema and ask them to correct it.

SBS #3 Doctors Episode 6 – 19.7% (+ 1.3%) | Seoul #2 21.6% (+ 1.4%)

MBC #8 Monster Episode 30 – 11% (- 0.1%) | Seoul #9 11.8% (- 0.4%)

KBS2 A Beautiful Mind Episode 6 – 4% (+ 0.5%)

tvN #2 Another Miss Oh (Oh Hae Young Again) Special 2 – 2.892% | Seoul #2 3.334%

source

@sweetbloom74 thank you for the articles on DF top 10, and also the CPI ranking.   Happy dance  dancing smiley face emoticon

Next week we will break through 20%!

I just got home. Will watch the subbed episode, and catch up on the thread later.

• Like 21

:D ... I consider the kiss as teaser kiss ... just some pre-view .. :D and I guess JH position was awkward because it was suppose to be a surprise kiss for PSH. Of course PSH was not ready so the angle was off. It was suppose to be an 'innocent kiss' ..

Lets wait for 2nd kiss .. .  see my ranting if it is still the fish kiss style 

OMG why do I made it look like IT'S the only important thing .. hahhahahah

Anyway my only disappointment is the sepmom .. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG .... can someone slap her please? 

• Like 23

Congrats for the rating! :w00t:

Although I haven't watched the episode, because I'm waiting for the subtitles, I've been thinking about today's episode. For me, it was very significant to strengthen the relationship between JH and HJ. First of all, if you want to love someone, you need to trust him. All the time he did things to gain her confidence. Nobody can touched her. But she has changed with him. He grabbed her shoulders, hugged her, and kissed her, and she let him. She gave him a plant for his new office and even asked him the favor to check the medical records of her grandmother. And although she was upset with him, she finds him in the park. My dearest friends, that's love. And he knows all this. This is why he is dancing in the rain, because he's in love and knows that she is also in love with him!  For me this all makes sense. Why? Because when people fall in love can do crazy and weird things. So, we will see what will be next. Meanwhile, we can enjoy their dancing in the rain and think about what could happen in the next episode. It will be fun. See you! :)

• Like 18

Here are my thoughts for this week's airing:

- I really like how HJ was depicted in her high school years. Abandoned by her biological father, abused by her stepmother, played by SW, neglected cruelly by her grandmother's attending surgeon, and so on... Seeing her being pounded into the dirt leaves us caring for such a compelling character. She has definitely grown into a woman, scared to be involved into family matters again, and into a doctor that needs to learn to have some compassion, and how to live her life with meaning. We are starting to see HJ wondering how it feels like to have a family again after seeing how her step-sister has managed to live so well under her horrible parents running a restaurant (very disgraceful how they stole grandma's business name).

- Most people say hospital discussions ran by elders are just unnecessary fillers. However, I think they serve their purpose as some sort of subtle awareness for the general audience. Privatization and commercialized hospitals are a huge problem in South Korea, not only there, but in most parts of the world. Imagine when the general population wouldn't be able to access health care anymore without having some deep pockets. As for doctors in hospitals, they usually do not see their patients personally (like SW does) unless they are doing their tours or doing some clinic assignments in order to fill their professional quotas. Most of the time, this is the job for registered nurses or residents to identify potential problems and filing reports to attending doctors when they are not present.

There are are some issues I have with Episode 6:

- SH is really out of place for promoting her restaurant bar - in a hospital. She may be clueless or a dimwit, but there has to be some line of decency when citizens are sick and the idea of alcohol isn't really the best idea to cheer them up. How the hell did she have access to the resident's room?

- The overexposure of martial arts skill from HJ to YD is unnecessary. It was plenty enough to show YD that HJ isn't a person to be messed with, based on how she defended herself from the guy who wanted revenge on the mob boss. I don't think putting fear into someone by surprise is a positive way to fall for someone. The drama could have found a better way for YD to like HJ. In episode 5, I really liked how he apologized to her and even gave his respect to HJ after witnessing what she was capable of, as a fellow doctor. Why not expand on that? However, I'm glad how the screenwriter was able to use YD's statement on how he likes women with a painful past by reintroducing HJ's stepmother into the scene.

- The kiss scene definitely feels awkward. It was the kind that was appropriate for both characters, but I think it has to do on how it was filmed and edited. I cannot figure out why it's not satisfying.

Anyways, I'll probably do a rewatch this weekend!

:heart: to you Doctor fans! :blush:

• Like 15