Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

sugarplum892

24 minutes ago, cenching said:

As a Chinese I don't remember a tradition of simply having a godparent. In my culture, a child will requires to have a godparent IF only IF the horoscope or birth date or etc didn't match with the child parent so the child has to be "adopted" by other person...Those mismatch   thingy can cause the child to always get sick, bad luck etc etc.....Personally, I don't believe that....:crazy: So maybe in Mainland China they have different tradition.....

When i was a kid and was raised in Hong Kong, I have never heard of the word 'godparents' not until our family moved to the Western part of the world so I think Godparents is really not a great issue there.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

When i was a kid and was raised in Hong Kong, I have never heard of the word 'godparents' not until our family moved to the Western part of the world so I think Godparents is really not a great issue there.

I remember some ancient costume drama do mentioned about godfather as "gan tie" (example in Peach Blossom, when AhLie, YeHua and QianQian traveled to mortal realm and Qian2 dressed as a man, AhLie addressed her as gan tie not niang qin) but in daily modern day for us overseas Chinese is unheard of.....I will ask my mother next time.....

• Like 1

In older generations of my family, they don't have any godparents too....:lol: But I think it's logical if a person can't be a godmother or godfather if still single bcoz the godparent thingy in Chinese must be a pair. If you have a godfather, his wife automatically will be the godmother. If you have the single one and each of them marry to another person, the hierarchy will be mess up while in Chinese culture family hierarchy is very very important.....

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cenching said:

In older generations of my family, they don't have any godparents too....:lol: But I think it's logical if a person can't be a godmother or godfather if still single bcoz the godparent thingy in Chinese must be a pair. If you have a godfather, his wife automatically will be the godmother. If you have the single one and each of them marry to another person, the hierarchy will be mess up while in Chinese culture family hierarchy is very very important.....

That makes sense! Ah, thank you! 

• Like 1

On 26/01/2018 at 3:33 PM, cenching said:

@mrsyooknit, if they can’t get ZLY and HuGe in the same drama bcoz of SARFT regulations on budget, how come they can get HXM? I don’t think HXM is cheaper than HuGe....Or SARFT regulations only applies for dramas? 

Well all the actors that I want her to be paired off with are super expensive : HX, HG, LYF, KW etc....since they are well known.  Let's see how true this is. It is too bad if it is the case. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/2/2018 at 8:34 AM, mrsyooknit said:

saw this old fanart from her brithday, but it was so cute I had to share

It's such a cute fanart. Im having trouble deciding who's is my fave Li-Ying's character? I like them all! Maybe HQG most because she can't betray her heart.

Is all Li-Ying characters smart and stubborn? 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, Jenna Hossain said:

It's such a cute fanart. Im having trouble deciding who's is my fave Li-Ying's character? I like them all! Maybe HQG most because she can't betray her heart.

Is all Li-Ying characters smart and stubborn? 

My favorites are ShanShan and XinYue.

No all of them are like that but she does tend to enjoy playing that sort.

Some different ones: ShanShan is hardworking/insecure, the character from The Palace is two faced/selfish, HCQ for me is innocent/too trusting, Luzhen is smart and persevering. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

My favorites are ShanShan and XinYue.

No all of them are like that but she does tend to enjoy playing that sort.

Some different ones: ShanShan is hardworking/insecure, the character from The Palace is two faced/selfish, HCQ for me is innocent/too trusting, Luzhen is smart and persevering. 

Oh Luzhen is my fave too. I always like the bossy & lovable Xin Yue, the brave and fearless Chu Qiao, the lil arrogant & selfless Biyao, the brains behind Lanzhi, the smiles and charm of P. Qing'Er, the motivated personality of Song Nuan, the incredible and slightly flawed Yu Wu Xin and finally Shan Shan who is a cute furball that matured to be calculative, intelligent and confident woman standing on her own two feet. I can go on and on even about Hong Ling the fish :tongue:

I think I'm obsessed. Help!!! 

• Like 3

LOL anyway someone also posted a question on when OGT will be showing there's no definite answer as it seems that SARFT is really tightening their hands on the dramas and that has really messed up the original drama schedules of the television networks. They are all now scrambling to adjust the schedules.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cenching said:

Help is coming!!!!

#PoursBigBucketOfIceWater

Hope that helps....LMAO!!!

It did and then it came back so I ran outside in the rain :tongue:

Hehe. I like being here with you guys/girls Idk...it's fun and a very friendly environment. Thanks for being so awesome! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, reiko53 said:

LOL anyway someone also posted a question on when OGT will be showing there's no definite answer as it seems that SARFT is really tightening their hands on the dramas and that has really messed up the original drama schedules of the television networks. They are all now scrambling to adjust the schedules.. 

Nooooo...I even prepared myself and read the book in advance. So close to finishing it too. Meow....

Li-Ying is so fitting for Lin Qian. She can definitely pull it off. It might be too easy for her to play that role though. She is just so skilled! 

The wait won't kill me but...mew...mew..

Ah...I have no other choice but to fulfill my inner fox demon and give in and watch The Monkey King 3 in theatre. Anyone else going to see it? 

• Like 4