[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

1 hour ago, yyskhc said:

Have you check high society? He's handsome and his character is charming there, too bad the drama doesn't have interesting plot.

Deep in my heart I also want the king end up with ahro, but dunno I am positive he will end up with sunwoo.

Ofcourse she will end up with Sun woo.. if not then anyway she ain't falling for our king..

I did watch high society.. thnks to someone who suggested it.. and i guess that is the series where he "matured".. because in all videos/episodes/intws prior to that he honestly looks very very very different

He is (as in the character king) easily the first lead material of any story.. but then whatever! 

46 minutes ago, yyskhc said:

you're not alone!! Me too, starting from bidam, moon jae shin and then choi young do, gong tae kwang, junghwan and now my next second lead syndrome attacker is sam maek jong. I am so weak at heart broken handsome man :bawling:

Hi dear, There is also a theory say queen jisoo is his sister. Still dunno which want is right, this is one interesting mystery. :grin:

but wiki history says it was indeed the queen who ruled in his place because he was very young when king was killed/died

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I like Sam Maekjong as a character, I don't ship him with Ahro. His interactions with Ahro are one sided to me. Was there even a reason given as to why he likes her in the first place.  Sam Maekjong has mommy issues and more than likely feels  that Ahro is going to heal him of those problems. 

Hi!:grin:

I've actually been lurking here since page 5. I personally think that the drama started out a bit too slow in the initial episodes but I didn't really make a big fuss about it since I understand that a drama needs time to introduce the characters along with their back stories so that we understand how their motivations and beliefs drive them or change as the story progresses. I feel that the story I've been wanting to see has begun in episode 5 where they have become members of Hwarang. Now, I'm excited to see how these hot-blooded young males most of whom have their own agendas will form very close bonds with each other. Aside from the obvious love lines between Ah Ro and the 1st & 2nd male leads, I really eager to see how Ban Ryu falls in love with Soo Ho's sister. I wonder if the relationship between both guys will be better once Soo Ho's sister comes into the picture. Oh! And there's one character that we have all not met yet. Apparently there is a Princess Sookmyung. I wonder what her role is and when she will be introduced to us. I also think that Yeo Wool must be more than just the title of the 'prettiest guy in Silla'. Surely there must be a back story to him too. Anyways, can't wait for the subs to come out tomorrow for episode 6. I will look through twitter for spoilers later :grimace:

ha ha ha..

neone who followed my posts yesterday and saw d episode today would know how the unexpected happened..

bring in some a list actress for PSJ plz... or let him be a sincere, awesome, very focused soldier for his country.. (and that's it.. lets have a soldier's story for him.. Puuuuhhhllleeeeaaaaaaaaaaase!)

Omo omo omo chingu deul

We got a kiss at the end of the episode between Sammaekjong and Ah Ro. I'm gonna address the King as SMJ or King :) because his name is too long. The preview showed that MM or Sunwoo hit SMJ because of the kiss and he warned him off Ah Ro but SMJ replied it won't stop him as he likes his sister. His sister = SW's sister. But then the truth is that SW is not AR's real brother but this deception will goes deeper until I wonder how MM/SW is going to resolve this problem.

I foresee this triangle would be a tough one as SMJ is a King and this means he is powerful. I bet he would come out soon to claim his throne in order to get Ah Ro.

I viewed episode 5 again this scene cracked me up. Moo Myung was trying so  hard to be non-chalant about the brother sister new found relationship for his "sister's" sake but for him it seems to be failing... when he was staring at Ah Ro sewing his clothes through the open window of his room, he had the look of a man mesmerized. When Ah Ro turned her head around to look his way he quickly shot the window and was in a squat position. Then he checked himself looking down.... hahahahahahahhahaha :lol: ..... yes boy "it" does not feel nonchalant....:blush:

Aishhhhhhhh...i saw half of the scenes today coz of bad stream...last scene was soooooo...don't know what to say...CP kissed her!!!!!...and seems MM saw it...have a wish to pull someones hair out :angry:

I'm soooooo pis*ed...coz of the bad link...coz of the kiss...will come back when i calm down

My poor guy :tears:

hi hi. first post in this thread as i just marathoned hwarang over the past weekend. now i am streaming the episode without mastery of the language. i am so looking forward to Ban Ryu and Soo Ho's sister too. i wish Ban Ryu will turn out good in the end tho. my main problem with this drama is i am not into the female lead. i get it that she has to be fiesty and all but i dunno, go ara doesnt work for me in this drama (not that i have seen her earlier work?) and i dunno what was said in that scene with mstr ahn ji but i had a sudden thought about Mak Moon (park seo jun)'s birth secret. what if he was the secret child of Mstr Ahn Ji and the Queen?! and bcos it din work out, the Queen dumped him in the surburbs and married the king and had Sam Meok Jeong? that would be a mess wont it? it means Ah Ro and PSJ are half siblings by Mstr Ahn Ji and Sam Meok Jeong and PSJ are half-siblings by the Queen. i dunno y i have the thought but I did and I had to get it out. GAK!!!

anyway my fave character is of course the king. park hyung sik totally is rocking the look..it reminded me of lord of the rings. park hyung sik is orlando bloom while park seo jun is that more manly hero but a bit goofy here. i find the Queen's bodyguard quite dishy by the way.

its a feel good drama, romantic saguek comedy. but it moves rather slowly. entertaining yes. but it is a bit slow. i hope the dashing actors can hold my attention. i watched high society bcos of hyungsik-jiyeon pairing and was bored by the rest of the drama. somehow at least in hwarang, there are a few other things to look forward to for now. someone said it is weird that Soo Ho likes the Queen but i think the queen is quite beautiful. he is prob intrigued bcos he cant get her. dont think it will work tho. he is too light an actor. i actually find hyung sik most believable with his doe eyes and tears and cheesy lines. i am prob biased. i like seo jun too but he is so awkward in his comedic moments. he does serious scenes very well tho!!!

1 minute ago, lilyfeb said:

i watched high society bcos of hyungsik-jiyeon pairing and was bored by the rest of the drama.

Their relationship was the only thing that salvaged the drama! The lead pairing was sooooo bad!!! Thank god Uee redeemed herself in Marriage Contract. 

PS. sorry went off topic :) 

6 minutes ago, blademan said:

OMO that kiss!!!! why was CP crying :tears: 

PHS's acting thoughhh!

Second lead syndrome setting in...hate this feeling!

Because she drew a painting supporting and giving king the benefit of doubt.. the baby bird was king and the big bird is the queen.. who has thrown the baby bird out of his correct place (nest)

since everyone only doubts king and she is the only one always giving king benefit of doubt.. our king finally gave in

so petty.. he is jealous of her skinship with her own brother as well

I dont mind these dramas and I appreciate its a culture thing as well as a drama thing, however it really annoys me when a character does things half heartedly, I mean she stands her ground on some things but then allows herself to be manipulated by the would be future king.

I mean were only what 5 episodes on and she is sitting back to back with him for whatever the reason, that is a bit implausible to me.  But will continue as its not the first time ive ignored the lead characters and gone for the background romance as its been more interesting.

While shy submissive and tolerating everything annoys me completely I can understand it in dramas and when they are really fiesty i sit there and cheer on, especially when the lead male can turn it on them and leave her speechless it becomes quite funny.

But what i struggle with is that they are confident and strong in some dramas and either object to being kissed or after being kissed set the story straight, or the double standard which annoys me is they are straight forward then get kissed and then the guy thinks they are in a full on relationship at that point and miss strong has gone along with it and im like huh....what did i just miss.

So will have to wait to see how the next episodes turn out....

14 minutes ago, blademan said:

Their relationship was the only thing that salvaged the drama! The lead pairing was sooooo bad!!! Thank god Uee redeemed herself in Marriage Contract. 

PS. sorry went off topic :) 

i agreeee even tho i know the lead couple had many fanssss. but changsoo-jiyi couple was just so much more fun. their lines were just cheesy awesome. what romantic kdramas should be like. hehe.

Archived