[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

17 hours ago, alekaonu said:

I have the same opinion as you. I observed and found that Suho is attracted to the queen even from the first he saw her :sweatingbullets: and she can be his mum. Why the scriptwriter has to write Minho's character liking the Queen? Aigoooo

He is crushing hard on her, I don't know but if it gives Choi Minho some mores screen time I'm all for it!love.png

pMs26o3.png?1

I wonder if he's going to get romantic scenes w/her?   He will just be in love w/her from afar, or knowing this Queen she will use him for her own gain against her son.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bila_a1 said:

hwarang keeps getting better and better, its a show that i cant stop myself from watching, it has a certain charm and i wanna see how the boys become friends and deal with the hardship and angst that is sure to come in the future. i also love how all the hwarang boys are well sketched out. lol i cant believe we got a kiss between sam and Aro, i was surprised, i have no bets in either otp i like them all but i have to say i feel like if the end game otp is MM and Aro they need to make or should have made dynamic a bit different from the start cause i can understand why a lot of people like sam/Aro couple, that's the kind of dynamic that would draw me in and pique my interest as well. 

anyways does anyone else love ban ryu, his character is very compelling, in ep 6 when he was talking to suho and he had the flashback of his father getting beaten, the way his face changed was some good acting. also since we are on the topic of lovelines, who  else is looking forward to ban ryu's love line to start with suho's sister, its always fun to watch cold guys for in love and im quite sympathetic to him as well, his home environment  and i assume how he was raised seem pretty sucky. no affection,compassion and warmth, so no wonder he seems pretty moved when suho's sis touched his face like that.

cant wait for next weeks ep, im glad the show is getting love as well. 

oh yeah!! that scene with him and Soo Ho was great!! and the one with Sun Woo when he called him a sewer and Sun Woo showed him the true meaning and rightful owner of that word!! :thumbsup: you can see the real him behind the cold facade he's surrounding himself with!! and yes I can't ait for his romance with Soo Ho's sister!! :w00t: 

I love how Sun Woo dudged him!! :wub: 

cr:  omokdramas 

how messed up is it that he was forced to be a Hwarang by the ueen but they keep thinking that he is her man gaining him more troubles than he already have!! :crazy:

off to sleep now!! see you soon chingudeul, hopefully!! :wub: 

Hi chingudeul.....let me join you all here.

Seems like Hwarang hype doesn't go as high as DOTS or MDBC, but I still like it. I love it more after the last eps. 

I'm not on team MM or SMJ, I love both men, maybe love park hyung sik slightly more than park seo jun, since he looks so georgeus in the hanbok and the wig. Park seo jun struggle a bit with the hair at first, but he looks better now after the hair miraculously grow for 30cm overnight hahahaha

As for the kiss, i don't really mind it. SMJ did it not in a harmful way, it's just his overflowing feeling and desperation. He is in love with her, and he is the King (who will dare to refuse him anyway). And we still doesn't see Aro's full reaction to the kiss, she's taken a back of course. But she doesn't seem to hate SMJ at all. She might called him mr. Pervert but she has a tiny bit of interest to SMJ. Remember when she told her friends she met two men. Handsome one with different charm, and the friend said it would be interesting if you get involved with both men.

Besides, you're not always end up with your first kiss in life :)) altghough it's sageuk. It's not a pure sageuk but fusion. So let's calm down here and wait for the next ep. The preview shown Aro said it was an unexpected kiss. And she still confuse with her feeling towards MM. 

I love the tearfull kiss scene......(don't attack me please hehe)

#gointohiding

9 minutes ago, evie7 said:

He is crushing hard on her, I don't know but if it gives Choi Minho some mores screen time I'm all for it!love.png

I wonder if he's going to get romantic scenes w/her?   He will just be in love w/her from afar, or knowing this Queen she will use him for her own gain against her son.

he's a good and nice man who wouldn't betray his friend so I'm not worried about that!! 

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Right now off the two folks, king is much much better. Let ahro come out and tell him that she doesn't and wouldn't love him.. madam hasn't done anything of the sorts

Did boy king ever tell Ah Ro he loved her for Ah Ro to say she does not? Did he not say, I am marking your arm with ink until you pay me back and was it total sum of 50 silver coins maybe more than she could earn in 10 years? So when he asks for her assistance, she does help as in be his pillow for him to nap as a measure of paying back. I cah't imagine blaming the recipient of an unasked kiss as the person who is at fault (you did not ever say you did not love me, you did not push me away????), no matter what the reasons were. Everyone is responsible for what they do intentional or not and I don't think that was the king's intention ever. If he did assign blame then he is not ready at all to take the responsiblity of wearing a crown. I think the king is a gentleman and as you pointed out he has always been especially with Ah Ro. I hope that Maek Jong or any of the other characters will never say, "it is your fault, I am attracted to you and your fault I forced a kiss on you" However.......

I do understand the king's reactions. Ah Ro who expressed her sincere feelings  and very astute observations  for the circumstances of the king may also be expressing feelings of so many and the king may have heard it before but especially hurt his pride coming from her. She hit the core of his deepest longings and pain. He is alone no matter whom he was surrounded with guarding him and he was in danger of being killed. His mother wants to get rid of her enemies then put MJ on the throne but as a puppet. When someone hits another's hidden pain, it almost always will trigger an explosive reaction. In Ah Ro's case she did not even know she was talking to the king. MJ was in an emotional reactivity, it was not a romantic kiss but more a kiss of desperation, of expression of pain. "How dare you feel sad about the king? Who are you to make me feel this way? Who are you? expressed with deep feelings of anger and sadness in his eyes. . In that kiss he sought to mete punishment as well as find comfort and validation. Ah Ro was frightened and confused. However, MJ's reaction could trigger some intuitive wavelength in her to ask why MJ reacted the way he did when she was talking about the king. I hope she will never open her mouth about her intuitive perceptions if she ever gets them to anyone except to her "brother" or her father or she will be in great danger of being killed like her real brother. I also hope that MJ will be more careful of his reactions especially towards Ah Ro and realize that he may unintentionally reveal himself if he gets triggered by his emotions. He needs to ask himself if he the king is worth for his subjects to get killed for  when his subjects don't even know who he iss and intentionally or not he is the one in hiding for his own reasons and the people did not put him in that position. 

13 hours ago, fragglerock said:

While the triangle is starting up i'm going to tune out of that and wait for the next episode and see the second fiasco start with Suho's sister and Ban Rhy with Suho is seriously going to object to this.....LOL

Su Ho is going to be so angry

13 hours ago, lilyfeb said:

i dunno what was said in that scene with mstr ahn ji but i had a sudden thought about Mak Moon (park seo jun)'s birth secret. what if he was the secret child of Mstr Ahn Ji and the Queen?! and bcos it din work out, the Queen dumped him in the surburbs and married the king and had Sam Meok Jeong? that would be a mess wont it? it means Ah Ro and PSJ are half siblings by Mstr Ahn Ji and Sam Meok Jeong and PSJ are half-siblings by the Queen. i dunno y i have the thought but I did and I had to get it out. GAK!!!

MM"s 'father' told Ahn Ji that the MM "Is not someone who should be out in this world" "You have unlatched his sealed fate" MM has to be of royal blood/sacred bone(? I'm still trying to get that bone thing down) Why would someone go to the trouble to hide a child from birth unless that childs life is in danger. He must be the old Kings son. That would make him SMJ's brother.  If your theory is right that would really be wacked out because MM and AR are falling in love. That would be too sad... but they do seem to play that sad song every time AR and MM are together.

@sakura2016 i agree, you can see glimpses of the real ban ryu that he tries to hide in the different interactions with the other hwarang boys. i cant wait until he grows into his own and stands up for himself against his family. his been brought up in such a cold cruel environment, i feel sorry for him but im glad the boys are putting him in his place. i also liked how suho tired to talk to him civiley, despite their enemies staus with one another, it was really nice. 

@fragglerock lol, same i cant wait to see that fiasco between ban ryu, suho's sis and suho. im sure it will be fun to watch.

one thing i love about this show is how all the characters stand out and have their own journey, so while MM/Aro/Sam are the mains, there are other interesting things to look forward to. yeowool and hansung im really liking as well, waiting to see what their deal is. 

also its great to see the rating go up for hwarang, that's a feat on its own given the competition its going up against, i mean in ep 3 it got 13% when romantic doc wasnt on, so im waiting to see what the rating will be like once romantic doc finishes given how hwarang is not only holding its own but going up atm. clearly the drama is doing something right for people to be interested. i hope it continues to do well.

The show is getting better and better! urghhhh i gota wait another whole week! 

i came running to the site to ask what y'all think of SW/MM's birth secret???????

i've read a couple of theory about how he might be queen and ahn ji's son....y'all rock!!

i knew u guys would have the answers.....let me know if there are more theory on his secret!! 

i can't waittt

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

Su Ho is going to be so angry

MM"s 'father' told Ahn Ji that the MM "Is not someone who should be out in this world" "You have unlatched his sealed fate" MM has to be of royal blood/sacred bone(? I'm still trying to get that bone thing down) Why would someone go to the trouble to hide a child from birth unless that childs life is in danger. He must be the old Kings son. That would make him SMJ's brother.  If your theory is right that would really be wacked out because MM and AR are falling in love. That would be too sad... but they do seem to play that sad song every time AR and MM are together.

The late King was Sam Maekjong's uncle not his father. So if Moo Myung is the son of the late King that makes MM and SMJ cousins not brothers. Y'all really need to go look up King Jinheung's (Sam Maekjong) history on Wikipedia. 

tumblr_oj71yezYPf1sqfa8ro2_400.giftumblr_oj71yezYPf1sqfa8ro4_400.giftumblr_oj71yezYPf1sqfa8ro5_400.giftumblr_oj71yezYPf1sqfa8ro1_400.giftumblr_oj71yezYPf1sqfa8ro3_400.giftumblr_oj71yezYPf1sqfa8ro6_400.gif

credit  estelle-sim -tumblr

ok this moment, as small as it was, got me onto this ship. i dont know about anyone else but it reminded me of the scene in pride and prejudice(2005) when darcy walked down the dancing hall and took a glance at Elizabeth before quickly looking away. it just gave me the same feeling.  i have a soft spot for cold guys falling in love:wub:

1 hour ago, bila_a1 said:

ok this moment, as small as it was, got me onto this ship. i dont know about anyone else but it reminded me of the scene in pride and prejudice(2005) when darcy walked down the dancing hall and took a glance at Elizabeth before quickly looking away. it just gave me the same feeling.  i have a soft spot for cold guys falling in love:wub:

:wub: me too...can't wait for  their scenes...have a feeling this girl will achieve with a few talks and smiles/tears much more and much sooner with him then his hwarang friends with fists :wink:

Wonder...since she was drooling over MM so far...will BR start to hate word 'brother' as much as king does? 

Hello chingu ya,I am a MM x AR shipper,me dissapointed when Sam Maek Jong kiss Ah Ro like the role second lead and first lead is reverse...now i think Sam Maek Jong is the first lead and MM is the second lead ...why the role is reverse.whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Apart from any bias, I considered the kiss is beautiful, it's not a passionate one, it's a sincere feeling looking for comfort. 

It's feels like when i'm watching Reply 88 when i'm not really sure to root for a certain character. And I'm happy either way, whomever the heroine will end up with, i'll just be happy. 

tumblr_oj6sygXn6Y1qenkz9o1_250.gif

HEH~ He cares....

2 hours ago, bila_a1 said:

I honestly am waiting for this couple more than the lead couple! I think it's gonna take A LOT for BR to let his pride and ego down for her :wub: and hopefully will lead to a beautiful friendship with SH!

5 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Did boy king ever tell Ah Ro he loved her for Ah Ro to say she does not

Hmm.. nope marking her arm with ink is not the thing..

He has been around her, holding her, being near her..  ( not in a pervasive way), looking for ways to meet her, initiate conversations and what not..

They are the classic signs of how people behave when they crush over someone..

So, unless Ah Ro puts her foot down ( because from the preview.. again it seems she just wants him to accept kiss was a mistake.. that  is it. doesn't look like she is angry or any weirdness at all)...or if king in his usual composed self goes about manhandling her , i don't think there is much up for debate right now..

He has been super obvious.. and it was a weak moment... and for the few seconds the kiss is on air, she does not push him back ( when she pushes him back tomorrow then  I will comment on the whole thing depending on how king reacts)

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I know that he likes her and won't tolerate anyone to talk bad about her, and I know that he kissed her not in disrespect act but because that's what he felt doing but still it was wrong!! I'm not saying that he's a bad person, he's not, he only acted the wrong way and that's what I didn't like and made me angry!! he's using the wrong way to show his feelings and win her heart!! I still love him and I know that he'll learn to be a better person and king but we only voiced our disagreemant to his wrong action!! Maek Jong is a good person but being a king who lived by himself for a long time made him unaware that some of his actions are unappropriate and I'm not talking only about the "kiss" but many other actions like ordering Sun Woo to put him down but then realised his mistake and asked politely for him to save him and how his actions with Ah Ro made him look like a pervert to her and he's not helping her to change that idea about him with all his pushy actions!! and even if she has no one in her life he doesn't get to kiss her without her permission or any sign of agreemant add to it she's not supposed to give him any clarifications about her personal life as it's her personal life add to it she didn't even knew that he think of her as a woman!!

I think you mean Meak Jong and Sun Woo by the "folks" and as for me Sun Woo is a better person and Maek Jong is learning and will learn more from him!! Sun Woo is a protector and care taker who believes in equality between the people while Maek Jong is a demander, self-centered person which I'm not blaming him to be that way as that's how he was raised as a king but to be a better person and King he will learn how to change that and he's on the start of that path with his interactions with Sun Woo and the others!! 

that's my opinion anyway and everyone can have a different opinion as long as we remain respectful to each other!! right chingu?!! :) 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes that would be bad but don't think we will reach that!! :D 

I guess.. if it is so wrong.. let ah ro slap him hard first.. then we will see.. 

Because call it actresses fault or whatever, i haven't seen her push back fervently... and even she has an inkling as to what is going on..

28 minutes ago, aileens said:

Apart from any bias, I considered the kiss is beautiful, it's not a passionate one, it's a sincere feeling looking for comfort. 

It's feels like when i'm watching Reply 88 when i'm not really sure to root for a certain character. And I'm happy either way, whomever the heroine will end up with, i'll just be happy. 

You r right...actor played it out the hole scene nicely...it was very touchy

I didn't like kiss happend...but it was a good episode ending...things r getting more and more complicated...and more interesting of course :)

Anyway...it was the second time king got sensitive when AR talked about him and how she pity that young man...wonder when she'll notice that...she is a clever girl 

I was honestly shocked to realize that Ahro's friend was Suho's sister. I had to rewatch the earlier scenes to confirm. We know Suho is very much a highborn gentleman and Ahro gets flack from True Bones and commoners alike for being a "half-breed," so the fact that this young lady is such close friends with Ahro can't be simply taken for granted.

I was doubly amused in retrospect with how she swooned over Ahro's brother--I was like, "haven't you looked at your own brother?" Then I was saddened--doesn't her envy imply that she and Suho don't have a very close relationship? He didn't recognize Ahro, who actually visits Sooyeon at home. It makes me think that Suho is too busy playing with women to pay much attention to his sister!

We don't know much about her, but from what can be deduced, I'm already quite attached to her. 1) She seems to be down-to-earth despite her status--given how she's friends with Ahro. In that way, she's ahead of the times. 2) She's also ahead of the times in that she was cavalier about Ahro spending the night in that room with Sammaekjong. No Victorian waif, this one! 3) She doesn't seem to be a political dummy for her family's faction, if her getting a loveline with Banryu is any indication. 4) She's cute and bright, and makes an interesting "opposites attract" match for Banryu.

I'm so looking forward to her loveline with Banryu: because the guy needs a hug, because it's gonna mess with the Suho-Banryu rivalry in the best way, and because it may just be the catalyst for her to get her own oraboni dote on her as she deserves. I'm also interested in Banryu and his situation and Sooyeon may be the key in getting him to open up and aligning with his Hwarang brothers rather than become a tool to use against the King. I'm kinda hoping he eats humble pie and goes to Ahro for help with Sooyeon (imagining Ahro as their messenger, LOL) and to Sunwoo for help with getting Suho to accept their love. I just want all the Hwarang boys to have their connections with each other, rather than limit it to Sunwoo-Jidwi and Suho-Banryu.

Archived