[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I may be the only one but I didn't like what Maek Jong did!! I can understand he feels lost and insecure and he like Ah Ro but forcing a kiss on her like that wasn't something I'd agree or hoped from him!! she was frantacly terrified of him and he made it worst by by kissing her that way!! 

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

no dear... you are not the only one. Boy king has a lot to learn...

I'm disappointed in him...he acted as a real spoiled brat...yes, he likes her...but she did not show not even once any kind of affection twds him...so what gives him the right to force her?...coz they met at okta?...coz he's king-to-be?...well he'll learn he can't take and have whatever he wants...i really expected him to be gentleman....supose he'll learn it harder way

2 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Although they aren't real siblings, once Moo-Myung took on the name and role of Sun-Woo, he became her brother, much like an adopted child.  If two children are adopted by the same parents, they become siblings although they are not blood related. I don't think that Sun-Woo, even if it is revealed that he is not her brother, will treat AR as a love interest.  As a matter of fact, I can see AR turning against him if she knew she was lied to.  Moo-Myung is accepting the reality of the situation and will protect Sun-Woo Rang's father and sister because he feels that if Sun-Woo would not have lost his life if it was not for him.   AR and Sun-Woo, although there is chemistry between them, never had an opportunity to start a relationship; therefore, accepting each other as siblings will not be as difficult.

I would love for AR to become the crown princess, that would really set the queen mother off.  She would in-laws with her ex-lover whom she has a grudge against because he did not choose her and the mother-in-law to his daughter...delicious.

I'll disagree on that chingu...its not like they grew up together from little...they started a minute ago with a big lie

I agree she might be disappointed and angry when she finds out about the lie...but here r both father and MM to be angry at...and seems its more guilt on father's shoulders...need to watch ep with subs...but today seemed he had hiden agenda for making MM his son beside wish to help young guy...got this feeling wish i'm wrong

Don't know will AR&MM end up together...but do think they entitled to love line

As for the queen...agree she'll be pis*ed first when her son tells her he wants AR but then at AR when she realizes girl doesn't love her precious son back...she'll hate both father and daughter

Here would be really helpful if MM has strong background

25 minutes ago, Chi Le said:

im watching she was pretty, damn psj is so hot in there @.@

...and in Witch's romance :w00t:...but i like him here the most...he's more and more good looking by each ep :wub:

BTW...great avatar :wub:

34 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

thankfully for now Sun Woo was only behind the door and didn't see the "kiss" (I didn't like it too) and I don't think he will see it otherwise we would have saw him punshing Maek Joon while Ah Ro is still there but she wasn't when he punshed him though I don't know why he punshed him then!! 

Hope he won't brag about what he did to MM :crazy:...changed my mind...let him do that...he deserves a good punch :w00t:

49 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

I'm disappointed in him...he acted as a real spoiled brat...yes, he likes her...but she did not show not even once any kind of affection twds him...so what gives him the right to force her?...coz they met at okta?...coz he's king-to-be?...well he'll learn he can't take and have whatever he wants...i really expected him to be gentleman....supose he'll learn it harder way

I'll disagree on that chingu...its not like they grew up together from little...they started a minute ago with a big lie

I agree she might be disappointed and angry when she finds out about the lie...but here r both father and MM to be angry at...and seems its more guilt on father's shoulders...need to watch ep with subs...but today seemed he had hiden agenda for making MM his son beside wish to help young guy...got this feeling wish i'm wrong

Don't know will AR&MM end up together...but do think they entitled to love line

As for the queen...agree she'll be pis*ed first when her son tells her he wants AR but then at AR when she realizes girl doesn't love her precious son back...she'll hate both father and daughter

Here would be really helpful if MM has strong background

...and in Witch's romance :w00t:...but i like him here the most...he's more and more good looking by each ep :wub:

BTW...great avatar :wub:

yes!! I expected more from him but he did let me down with his action!! she was totally not into him, not even for one second, while all her thoughts and care was for Sun Woo but he still forced himself on her which I didn't like, at all!! I think it's because of the way he grew up: he's a King, he gets what he wants and he's not used to these kind of feelings and how to act on them but still it was WRONG and really bad from him and he will learn how wrong he was on doing that!! 

I agree with you!! other than being called her brother they didn't spend all that time to be considerate one or to make their feelings for each other unappropiate!! and when Ah Ro will find out the truth she'll be hurt and mad at both him and her father but that won't make her go against him!! after all he did it out of guilt for her brother and to keep them safe from the Queen!! 

don't think Abeoji had a hidden agenda concerning Sun Woo, if you mean his scene with Moo Myung's old man!! I need subs too but I think he was surprised by what the old man said and asked him who are Moo Myung's parents when he told him that he's not supposed to be there when he heard that he became a Hwarang!! and this is me again loosing my mind wanting to know who are his parents!! ahhhhhhhhh

oh yeah!! I loved him there!! he was younger and this is a different kind of a role but there is something charismatic about him to pull you in!! it started with Kill Me Heal Me as the 1st drama I watched him in and I remember how I admired his ability to not be overshadowed by the main leads and have his own presence that can't be egnored even when he's in "the leads" scenes who are a well known names while he was still in the start of his career!! 

37 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Hope he won't brag about what he did to MM :crazy:...changed my mind...let him do that...he deserves a good punch :w00t:

hhhhhhhhh that would be dumb of him!! either Sun Woo is her brother or not, he can't brag about something like that!! and it would be unappropriate too!! and when I saw Sun Woo punching him I was "you deserved it"!! 

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

as far as I am concerned.. i don't care how ahro feels..

whoever the king likes.. must be given to the king :P

I am petty for wanting max airtime and agony and torture and lovelost, wooing, in pain, desperate king

make it makjang and make it about hyung shik

WTF??? Just because the second lead is a handsome and powerful king doesn't give him the right to have and take whatever he wants and it does matter how Ahro feels, what kind of misogynistic thinking is this.  You must be a young person that obviously needs to learn more.

1 hour ago, Chi Le said:

im watching she was pretty, damn psj is so hot in there @.@

my hamble recommandation to you is "Whitch's Romance" and you'll know what I mean when you'll watch it!! :P hhhhhhh :wub: 

DRAMA RECAPS
Hwarang: Episode 5
by LollyPip | January 3, 2017 | 23 Comments

Hwarang5-00256a.jpg

We’ve finally gotten to the part of the show I’ve most been looking forward to — the budding friendships between the boys. It’s early days yet, but you can see by the way that they fight together that eventually, they’ll be working together instead of against each other. They have a long (long, long) way to go before they’re true friends, but the seeds are there, and the little glimpses we’re already getting are well worth the wait.

28_hwarang1.jpg

EPISODE 5 RECAP

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/hwarang-episode-5/

"It’s interesting to watch, because the characters of Sun-woo and Ji-dwi seem to be switched from the usual dramaland lead and second lead mold. So often the lead is the one that’s aggressive and pushy with the woman. He’s arrogant and prickly, but she sees through all that to the marshmallow inside. But in this case, it’s Ji-dwi who’s those things, and Ah Ro isn’t having any of it. Meanwhile, Sun-woo is doing all the usual second-lead things like taking care of the girl, being sweet to her, and casting longing looks in her direction — only for once, it’s totally working. I’m on board to see more of this."

YES YES YES!! That's what I felt when I saw the "Kiss" moment!! being agressive and pushy is something the main leads do (yes we started having quite a number of nice main leads but still) not 2nd leads!! 2nd leads are always nice and caring but fun fact is even when main leads who used to be arrogant and pushy end up winning the girl at the end as she can see their hidden nice side, here Maek Jong taking that role will only push Ah Ro further since she won't accept it from him and she already fell and will fall more for the nice, caring and protective main lead and end up with him (Sun Woo)!! hihihi :wub: 

1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Perhaps I will stop hollering at the screen, "find someone else already, he/she is not worth it." "You can do better that him/her":w00t:

That is why most times, I hate love triangles.  I would love to write the script for one of these triangles. A wonderful, thoughtful,loving male or female would come along and sweep him/her of his/her feet and leave the main character regretting the love she/he lost or happy that the other person found someone that loves him or her the way he or she should be loved.  Most scripts just leave him or her swinging in the wind, accepting that he/she lost the girl or guy.  

yes sometimes I wish to have sorthing like that but they should make sure to cast the actor I love as the 2nd lead who will win the girl not as the main lead!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

36 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

WTF??? Just because the second lead is a handsome and powerful king doesn't give him the right to have and take whatever he wants and it does matter how Ahro feels, what kind of misogynistic thinking is this.  You must be a young person that obviously needs to learn more.

I agree with you but I think she didn't mean it in a serious way but only in a fangirling way hoping and wishing for him to win her eventually!! don't get mad and cheer up chingu!! :) 

english subs are out!! :w00t: off to watch!! :w00t::wub: have a great watch too chingudeul!! :wub: 

19 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

my hamble recommandation to you is "Whitch's Romance" and you'll know what I mean when you'll watch it!! :P hhhhhhh :wub: 

After watching this?

eMSsui.gif 

..or did you have something else on your mind? :blush:

He still has such a good built right?

Gy1YbI.gif 

Seems AR took a goooooood look 

YY4txy.gif

:wink:

2 hours ago, dani4lane said:

You probably need to calm down.. and stop over reacting..

More than him "forcing:" himself ( specially in the negative connotation that you imply).. Ahro is not even pushing him back with as much force. so that's that..

In the context of this story and the way characters interactions have been written up until now.. the guy has not done anything heinous.. 

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

After watching this?

..or did you have something else on your mind? :blush:

He still has such a good built right?

Seems AR took a goooooood look 

:wink:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you caught me off guard chingu!! :love: yes that's what I meant chingu!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :blush: 

not only her!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;):blush: 

I'm more and more curious to find out MooMyung background and who he really is and why he was abandoned and even denied a name(or at least that's how we know it,might as well have indeed one)...The first choice would be that he is also the late King's Son but i'm still expecting some kind of big twist and some great reveal,like it's clear the Adoptive Father fears his real identity and what it means for him to be out in the world,so i'm even more curious as to his real identity is and how shocking is and what will change once he is known to the world,what is that big secret they are keeping and fearing,so for now this is the most anticipating thing in the story...Can't wait to see how Ba Ryu and SuHo will go from enemies to friends as well is a great arc,or how will Ba Ryu change...

5 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

More than him "forcing:" himself ( specially in the negative connotation that you imply).. Ahro is not even pushing him back with as much force. so that's that..

In the context of this story and the way characters interactions have been written up until now.. the guy has not done anything heinous.. 

we still didn't see Ah Ro's full reaction to his "forced" kiss but she obviously wasn't into it!! plus don't you think that it was wrong of his side to just jump into kissing her while she gave him no sign of agreament?!! she even calls him "Master Pervert" and all she see and think about is Sun Woo and I won't talk about her feelings for Sun Woo but when it's obvious for him that he's almost invisible to her how can he do such a thing?!! it was wrong and he will learn that what he did was wrong!! peace chingu!! :) 

10 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So due to the fact that Ahro is not pushing him away with so much force that makes it ok for him to push himself on her. It is never ok for a man to force himself on woman whether she pushes him away or not. Ahro doesn't know Sam Maekjong, to her he is just a stranger that paid her to tell him an erotic story and has just chosen to force a kiss on her that she didn't ask nor wanted him to give her.  Yes, it is that serious because there are people out here that think that things like wrist grabs or force kisses are swoon worthy in dramas and they are not. 

Hey y'all. :)

Even though I personally ship Ah Ro with the King as of now, I still feel like she will end up with Dog-Bird... 

This is my first K-Drama, and I'm just wondering if the pseudo-incest topic is normal in K-dramas?! Like, are the viewers supposed to cheer for the 'siblings' to get together?

I really like both Dog-Bird and Ah Ro, don't get me wrong, and I'm absolutely LOVING the show, but I'm finding the fact that she's falling in love with the one she believes is her big brother, kind of weird, tbh? lol

Anywho, so much TaeTae today in ep. 6!! Cutest potato af them all. :blush::heart:

11 minutes ago, LoveBangWon said:

RATING AGB NATIONWIDE 

HWARANG EPISODE 6:

8.0%

source: http://enter.etoday.co.kr/view/news_view.php?varAtcId=92342

always increase !!! 

OWWWW I'm really happy for the increase!! :w00t::love:  thank you so much chingu for the news!! :wub: I hope the rating will keep in increasing for the upcoming episodes as well!! Hwarang Fighting!! :heart: 

13 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

I'm more and more curious to find out MooMyung background and who he really is and why he was abandoned and even denied a name(or at least that's how we know it,might as well have indeed one)...The first choice would be that he is also the late King's Son but i'm still expecting some kind of big twist and some great reveal,like it's clear the Adoptive Father fears his real identity and what it means for him to be out in the world,so i'm even more curious as to his real identity is and how shocking is and what will change once he is known to the world,what is that big secret they are keeping and fearing,so for now this is the most anticipating thing in the story...Can't wait to see how Ba Ryu and SuHo will go from enemies to friends as well is a great arc,or how will Ba Ryu change...

yes!! it's obvious that his parents and real identity is very crucial!! can't wait for it!! 

hhhhhhhhh they'll make great friends!! I was laughing hard when they were on the bed sleeping together thinking what an adorable friends they'll be!! hihihi and Ban Ryu and Maek Jong's growth arc will be interesting for sure!! 

17 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i'm still confuse about otp...is AR AND HER FAKE BROTHER or AR AND THE KING?

it's Ah Ro and Sun Woo (her fake brother) chingu!! ;):love: aen't they adorable?!! :love: 

cr:  omokdramas

4 minutes ago, millaz said:

Even though I personally ship Ah Ro with the King as of now, I still feel like she will end up with Dog-Bird... 

This is my first K-Drama, and I'm just wondering if the pseudo-incest topic is normal in K-dramas?! Like, are the viewers supposed to cheer for the 'siblings' to get together?

I really like both Dog-Bird and Ah Ro, don't get me wrong, and I'm absolutely LOVING the show, but I'm finding the fact that she's falling in love with the one she believes is her big brother, kind of weird, tbh? lol

Anywho, so much TaeTae today in ep. 6!! Cutest potato af them all. :blush::heart:

they are not siblings chingu!! the fact that he's taking her brother's identity for now doesn't turn him into her brother!! they didn't live together as siblings and she 1st met him as a charming stranger and she's still confusing her feelings for family feelings as she never was in love nor knew what loving a brother means which led to her confusing those emotions but hopefully this misunderstanding get cleared soon!! :)  

oh yeah, he was so cute trying to look older and when he was so happy when Ah Ro called him "oraboni"!! hhhhhhhhhhh so cute!! :wub: 

cr:  omokdramas

58 minutes ago, millaz said:

It's ok. I kinda ship Ah Ro with the King just a tiny bit more :w00t:

Like what @sakura2016 said, they aren't really siblings and she hasn't had a big brother taking care of her for so long :blush:

I loved Tae's scenes today! Super adorable:love::heart:

Archived